Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1  (Read 69019 times)

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Stacking the Deck(10/10)
« Reply #240 on: March 27, 2019, 06:40:42 am »

Oh right, Tomasque is in a chat with Webadict and hector.
He didn't mention it in any of his posts but webadict did
I guess I can't really comment about that since I need to take webadict's word for it that he's being useless there too

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2019, 06:46:15 am »

Nothing in the quicktopic :p

webadict and I wondering what it was, Tomasque saying he picked us two for our good play, and confirming he chose us before the game started.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2019, 09:45:44 am »

I didn't like either of the responses I got asking about my second attack on Hector.

Tom didn't even try to answer, and just defended himself like I was accusing him.
Webby, Hector, and Dolores treated me like a drunken idiot. Fine, whatever. In comparison, I felt like IcyTea was trying to encourage me to keep up my attack.

Is it anything, or am I just tilting at windmills again?

IcyTea and Tom: I would especially like your opinions on my case against Hector, given his weird reads on you (and not commenting on them):

In short: Hector has a weak case on me, didn't respond to me calling it weak, and has me as his top scum pick. His second, and only other pick is a lurker who he claims to always read as scummy.
He refused to investigate anyone else, list other potential scum candidates, or expand on his case on me, and, when pressed, said he's done with me.
Despite me being his only real scum pick, he doesn't seem interested in actually trying to get me lynched.
He's purposefully trying to appear scummy. Could be town to convince scum not to nightkill him, could be a double bluff to make it look like that's what he's doing to stay safe as scum.
Quote from: Nirur Torir
I would especially like your opinions on my case against Hector, given his weird reads on you (and not commenting on them):
I don't think hector's reads on me are suspicious, given that his whole list of reads is lenient on a lot of people. I'll highlight what I mean.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2019, 09:54:34 am »

Dolores, question? I understand that I've been swinging my vote around like a drunkard with a golf club, but since when does it make sense to call me Town and Serial Killer in the same breath? You confirm that my reveal is real and you hate that I'm trash-town, then you go "ehhh nvm he's the SK, he's gonna kill me tonight." If I were any more virtually drunk I'd bite and vote you up, but as it is I need to read this whole damn thread five times over, then maybe just go back to ToS where I belong.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2019, 01:26:29 pm »

I was going to do more on the others, but I can't be bothered for various reasons, and I doubt reading through their posts is going to change much.

dolores has been the most active participant and is encouraging others to post, poking and prodding poor play and generally being a nuisance. Mucho town credit-o.

I don't see what they see in Tomasque's play, but Tomasque needs to deal with that himself so I can get a better feel on him because by no means do I think he's town.

webadict promised a post today, looking forward to that because his play has otherwise been curmudgeonly.

I will maintain that I don't want to read Nirur's posts. He's been on me all game, still on me in the skimming I've done. Has at least apparently calmed down? Trying to get people to comment on his case against me, which is based on an OMGUS. Probably not scum, though, but I will admit that gut read is incredibly tainted by how similar he plays to me.

FoU should probably be modkilled for the silence. At least roseheart has posted, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2019, 03:08:44 pm »

I'll understand if that happens but I do intend to write a post today.

Sorry, it's been a long time since I've played Mafia.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2019, 05:37:39 pm »

Gonna be honest. I have very little motivation. So, here's my rundown as I went back through the thread, measured in Town Points (TP):

webadict: What purpose does that WIFOM serve?
None. Boring question.

Nirur Torir:
How high are your hopes of this game seeing actual activity?
Hector: You're answering a question with a deflection. Answer it for real.
I wouldn't've had a problem with this, but it's followed up by garbage evidence here:

Hector, I'm calling your bluff. Why are you claiming jester?
In the same post that he okays what I was doing near the start of the game. I don't like it. -50 TP

I said not lurkers.
I take offense to that. -1 TP

Chill out, man.
I can't chill out, I found scum!
No, he's right. Chill out. You didn't convince anyone with what you've got.

Goes after lurkers after suggesting bad policy lynches. -50 TP

Roseheart Okay then, have a fact: You're leaking scum tells like a sieve
What scumtells? How is this not a bandwagon vote?

Is my case on Hector really nothing?
Yes.

KittenBoBo:
Personally, I just want a D1 lynch because I'm antsy about... Uh, numbers that I've been given. If two Town fall, the game is essentially lost for us.
At first, I thought you were suspicious. Buuuut, now I change my mind. Seems like this statement is consistent with pre-game stuff. +100 TP

I kindly claim town, and I will happily reveal abilities if you all want! If it keeps me bloody un-lynched.

...and yeah, when I'm Scum, I tend to actually whip up reasons to shove people because I know who isn't Scum, and is therefore lynchable. As Town, I have no idea who's who, and keep opinions tamped down for fear that I'll be wrong.

Also, I can psychoanalyze myself for YEARS, but someone else's mind is too "normal to understand. My only original idea right now is... After reading IcyTea's analasys, I agree with his point on tomasque. Never mind that they're voting for me, it feels like they read through the thread, went "OOH, look how ransom and cryptic this guy is!" made a post about my loopiness, and voted.
I like you. +200 TP because you actually went through with it.

And you know what? My 18-year-old monkey brain doesn't like being kicked like it is. So you know what its going to do?

COMPLETE ROLE DUMP, FOLKS!

Red Eyes Black Dragon

Concealing Darkness: Darkness holds no secrets. (This sentence has been redacted for survival purposes.) You can't tell anyone this and live.

Counter Red Blast: You can target 1 Player during the Day Phase. That Player is immune from any Kills And Roleblocks this Night, and you can send up to three messages to them this night.
Current Target: Dolores - I like the way they're playing. Solid pressure on everyone, and if I survive, I'd like to ask a few questions in private.

Light and Dark: You are immune to Roleblocks and Counter-Kills. Mafia can Kill you though.

Loud and proud and suicidal member of the Town, folks! So now that we know who's getting Mafia-Killed tonight, where are we gonna go for the rest of today?
Kit, how dare you! Overall, solid choice. +1000 TP

FallacyOfUrist:
webadict: What purpose does that WIFOM serve?

???

What purpose do you think it serves?
webadict's doing his usual thing and spreading chaos and confusion. It makes it hard to tell apart if he's town or scum since he does it every game.

I’m in a scum team with FoU and roseheart.
Nay, cretin! What do you think you're doing, saying you're aligned with me(a proud townie)!

Failbird105: I'm voting you for some reason. Why?
This post was terrible. -50 TP

dolores:
It doesn't matter what I type here because even if you were scum, your contributions are necessary to the town. +500 IDCP

Oh, looks like you realized that, too.
I've been playing badly but nobody here could justify a lynch on me if I was 100% confirmed scum so you can all get fucked.
+1000 BebopPoints

Wuba: under what conditions would you engage with the game more? Are you busy or just not very interest?
If I had more time and more will to play, I'd probably post more. But, this is really the best I can muster.

Failbird105:
Because you want me to talk and didn't know I was asleep?
What the fuck is this? You responded to the post. You're not shitposting in your sleep. Do some fucking work, jesus christ.
So it's not possible for me to have woken up within the 7 hours between Fallacys post and mine?
Failbird: Who are your top two picks here for scum buddies and why?
Quite frankly, as far as I'm concerned it could be anybody right now. Reading people is in no way my specialty, especially not people who I'm encountering for the first time in a game where some players are explicitly meant to work to deceive the others. The only thing I do know is that given some time I'll know at least one person I definitely can or can't trust.

Frankly the only people I have any inclination to vote for at this very moment are Dolores and Fallacy but 'because they've voted for me' is easily among the weakest reasons I can think of.
You're not as useful as I'd like you to be, but I can't truly justify it. -25 TP

hector13:
I’d love to be a VT in a game like this.

In saying that I just love being a VT.

It’s unfortunate I’m a paranoid gun owner then eh.

Right, you’re trying to find my scum buddies. What are your thoughts on my potential partners? Is it webadict, and we’re distancing ourselves from each other? Is it Dolores, saying nice things about me in an effort to get you to back off?

Was I truthin’ when I said FoU and roseheart, and we’ve been arguing in our quick topic ever since?
I am a VT, so it's whatever. +50 TP because I felt like it.

IcyTea31:
I don't give a fuck, but he's not finding scum.
No, but he and responses to him are giving me some interesting data for my own use. It's a stupid* gambit that I wouldn't (and probably couldn't) pull, but it's better than nothing.

*I'm not even going to call it "unorthodox" anymore.

Why is not looking like scum a concern to you?
Because I'm town?
Then can't you trust that you look like town just by being town, without having to think about it?
Going after dolores? That's a dumb move. -100 TP

Blah blah blah. Says I'm slight Town but not a complete useless tool. -50 TP

"Just as planned!" -50 TP

Webadict: I... a...ma...b...it...c...h...
Correct. -150 TP

Webadict:
Do you play football like this, too? Everyone asks you if you want to play, and you say yes. But once the game begins, you say "I'm sick of the new players almost never making goals, since they don't know how to play properly, so I'm just going to stand here and whine."
Well, I'm American, so I can only assume you mean Soccer, so no. I play Football by diving whenever anyone gets within 3 feet of me, and then by headbutting anyone I feel like. Plus, I pay off the top officials so that I can build stadiums with slave labor. Oh, and -500 TP for the ultimatum I cut off, so that people have to click on the actual quote to see where it came from.

Whoever replaces me can vote for whoever they want.

As if someone came to replace me. Either way, I'm done here. Here's a pair of questions for y'all to consider: how much time did I spend writing this post, including time spent reading the thread? How much free time do I have in a day?

I'm not going to put in the time and effort to play with people who don't actually want to play the game.
Is this the part where I privately message you because you're pretending to be angry with the game? -500 TP

roseheart:
hi
-500 TP

This is really good acting if you're all mafia. Not an insult. Just a hypothetical compliment!
-500 TP + -500 TP (C-c-c-combo!)

roseheart - should be in the previous grouping, but posting “hi” after webadict’s “woe for the subforum” thing was infuriating.

I see Mafia like a war.

While I am no veteran, I've atleast earned a few purple hearts.
Is that because you stepped on a landmine that was clearly labeled? -500 TP

Or are mafia trying to rally against a town.
-500 TP for missing the obvious.

This may be a noob mistake for me to say this, I feel like I have given so much information already, despite remarks to the contrary.

But 1 and maybe 2 people actually know I am town.
I'm so confused that I didn't want to remove points here. Wtf are you talking about?

And I don't just mean as an ability. Because I am town and you are sticking the knife to me, I seriously have lost any faith in your sleuthing abilities. But if you are scum, I think you're doing just fine. So good job.
-1000 TP

Tomasque:
You're third party, so you don't really matter right now.

Quote from: dolores
So you're saying you've got multiple players that you feel are more scummy than others?
Yes. webadict and kit. Nirur's error was just something I caught and that I wanted to push him about, to see what his reaction was.
Wow, that's stupidly wrong. But, you're not Town anyway.

Nirur Torir: -101 TP
KittyBooBoo: +1M TP, probs Town. Would waste my 1-shot protect on them if I had one.
FallacyOfUrist: Lurker, whatevs -50 TP
dolores: Literally unlynchable and unkillable, owns the stock market of points.
Failbird195: -25 TP, up for replacement (shocker)
hector13: +50 TP... but you never stood out as good or bad, so that's good.
IcyTea31: -850 TP, but also forgot to mention that they're a hypocrite, so -150 TP to round to -1000 TP.
roseheart: -16 trillion TP. Probs scum.
Tomasque: XXX TP, but is probs third party anyway with the end goal to summon the Ojama King.

Now feel free to yell at me for not contributing more.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2019, 08:29:49 pm »

Here's my ordering of lynch preferences, starting with the most:

Roseheart: I finally got to question him, and failed to get him to adopt a remotely pro-town strategy. I don't believe he ever will.
FallacyofUrist: Hasn't even tried, cares even less about whether we find scum than Tom does. Might drop down if he posts reads that show insight/understanding and he promises to play more.
Tom: Has twice dodged my questions, the second time very defensively to something was barely an accusation. Is barely here and doesn't care about finding scum. (I expect he is scum/fake-mason.)
IcyTea: I feel like he's scum. I think what bothers me is that he had no real follow-up after his first post. Just getting snippy with Dolores and Hector, and fighting with Webby about him not caring. Looking back, I also feel he was half-heartedly trying to cast shade on Hector and Dolores. If he's actually not playing anymore, he doesn't need the lynch right now.

Webby: Is strangely easy on the lurkers plaguing the game, despite complaining earlier about people who don't actually do anything. Hasn't done much, but doesn't feel as scummy as IcyTea.

Failbird: I'm leaning towards him being an actual newbie in over his head, particularly after the replacement request.
Kit: His confusion earlier felt genuine to me, as did the role claim. I think he's town.
Hector: Twice now I've done my best attacking you and what I thought I had just got me insulted over it being nothing. I'm tired of it. If I see something I'll briefly mention it and let the thread consensus deal with it. No-one has a case for lynching you, and I'm too busy feeling dumb about misreading to feel like you're scum right now.
Dolores: I see nothing on you. You claim to make bad plays and .. I just don't have the skill to see it. Unless someone makes an amazing case against you, I'm going to have to agree with Webby: You're nearly unlynchable.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2019, 09:09:07 pm »

Webby: Is strangely easy on the lurkers plaguing the game, despite complaining earlier about people who don't actually do anything. Hasn't done much, but doesn't feel as scummy as IcyTea.
They are certainly annoying, but I really don't know if they are scummier than roseheart. Perhaps they would be if they posted, but would that dissuade scum from posting, wouldn't it? Or maybe it wouldn't. I dunno. Anyway, they're certainly not looking great.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2019, 09:37:57 pm »

Ah, I am sorry if I am just sensitive. I am usually anonymous when I play mafia. I am the type of person to mentally compute "roseheart" as my first name as my real one.

I think I am taking this too seriously... which is why I won't storm out.

But first chance there is a replacement waiting I'd like to be swapped out.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2019, 09:50:42 pm »

It’s not personal, min. We’re not voting you because you’re roseheart, we’re voting you because we don’t think your alignment is town.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2019, 10:13:12 pm »

You people would make sailors nervous. You seriously make me wonder about the forum guidelines. I don't want to be thinking those thoughts if maybe I just don't get it. The last thing I want to do is start reporting behavior if it isn't as mean spirited as it seems.

I have real issues with not being able to pick up certain social cues. And I just feel bullied. I am saying this all in a matter of fact tone in my head, not whinning.

If this is fun for you don't let me stop you!
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2019, 10:15:25 pm »

I dont think it is fair to anyone to feel like they need to go easy on me, but this just isn't what I am used to from my expection of mafia. I love you all as fellow gamers, and I just don't feel that reciprocated.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2019, 10:28:09 pm »

So I guess I'll just ask this. To help me understand the situation.

Does anyone else feel this session of mafia has gotten a little more on the end of personal, person to person hostility, than just town vs mafia competitiveness.

I am listening.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2019, 10:29:55 pm »

Not to accuse. Just to clear the air.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28