Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1  (Read 69013 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Stacking the Deck(10/10)
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2019, 02:55:44 pm »

Hahaha the tab I was formulating the post in crashed, fuck this nonsense. PPE: posting now 'cause I'm really hungry and don't want to lose my shit again.

IcyTea probably isn't Town. Too much broad play, acknowledged webadict and I were playing unorthodoxly for a reason, thought that webadict was doing better despite me actually generating content. Didn't noticed dolores was dropping things for other people to pick up, appeared to be reading dolores negatively based on dolores view on playing, something that will unlikely change based on their alignment, but digging more deeply into that than anything else.

Voting webadict 'cause webadict's a dick. Transcends alignment. webadict is a dick (wub oo).

IcyTea: d'ya think maybe you can vote for someone else?

If you had to choose who to take into D2 out of Kit, FoU, and roseheart, who would it be?

roseheart isn't Town. They have implied not being town in two of their posts, one of which said silence was rewarding. Not for town, though. Not interested in serving the greater good. Knowledge of cultural differences between sites, waited a long time to post, posted nonsense. Lack of interest in engaging. Investigative? Wouldn't post nonsense as first post. Possible jester, but that seems unlikely... Yu-Gi-Oh. No idea.

FoU is nowhere to be seen. I assume you have a good reason for fapping away D1? Perhaps you'd like to tell me the one person you want to see lynched, and one person that you would want to not be lynched? By which I mean you'd happily kill anyone who'd want to lynch them. Also, why, on both points.

Kit probably is Not Town. They are new. Worried. Not sure why they're following Nirur when they don't know Nirur is to be trusted... has kept their "secret knowledge" thing from pre-game going, evidently aware enough of the lack of openness in that respect they voted me for naming two others as part of my scum team, didn't pick up on Nirur saying they wanted to find my "buddies" plural, rather than singular "buddy" when they said they were convinced I was scum. Hasn't done much since then, pushed Tomasque because Tomasque is voting them, also completely misrepresented Tomasque's case on them, implying they care more about the vote than responding to content.

Potential for Kit and Nirur to be in a scum team..? Too much coordination at the start, or is that the best time since it can be brushed off as something else?

Hasn't posted much since voting for Tomasque. Letting someone else do the talking? Lying low to lose pressure? Implies not on a team with dolores or webadict... roseheart? IcyTea? FoU? Nirur? Bold move for roseheart to say silence is rewarded and tell their scumbuddy to lie low. Not out of the question.

Kit: who are Tomasque's scumbuddies?

What are your thoughts regarding IcyTea, Nirur and roseheart?

You followed Nirur a lot earlier with your voting. Why?

What made you think Tomasque's case against you was based on your secret knowledge and not following Nirur blindly?

Failbird was freaking out a lot. Not a lot to go on, reads like new town though. Uncertain on this since I don't know their experience with forum mafia. Probably would've posted in the quicktopic if freaking out as scum.

Do the rest tomorrow. Haven't read deeply into dolores, Nirur, Tomasque, or webadict yet.

Presently struggling to decide whether to vote for Kit or roseheart. Really want FoU to post.

Communty Extend

Does jester seem like a thematic fit for Yu-Gi-Oh? It seems awful serious, from my exactly zero knowledge of it. Famous suicidal cards or anything like that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2019, 04:07:50 pm »

It's like, we want to play a match of football. But our team doesn't have enough players to play. So I make a big scene and this guy I know who I saw wandering around the area agrees to join the team so we can play. He's there for something else and not really interested, and half the players on our team are just standing around doing nothing anyway.
Let's go further with this analogy: why can't we play if our team doesn't have enough players? Because it won't be fun or interesting or worth the effort. If your guy agrees to play, then it is very reasonable to assume that they're going to put in effort. Keeping that good faith in mind, and knowing that your guy is a good player, is it wrong to expect them to be actually performing some sort of misdirection play when he appears useless? Meanwhile, those others just standing around would, again in good faith, put in all their effort if they only just knew how.
You're asking whose fault it is that the subforum is dying, but you're the one throwing around "X is out, or I'm out" ultimatums.
If it's come to the point where we no longer want to play, why do so? Let it die if it is to die, then.

IcyTea and Tom: I would especially like your opinions on my case against Hector, given his weird reads on you (and not commenting on them):

In short: Hector has a weak case on me, didn't respond to me calling it weak, and has me as his top scum pick. His second, and only other pick is a lurker who he claims to always read as scummy.
He refused to investigate anyone else, list other potential scum candidates, or expand on his case on me, and, when pressed, said he's done with me.
Despite me being his only real scum pick, he doesn't seem interested in actually trying to get me lynched.
He's purposefully trying to appear scummy. Could be town to convince scum not to nightkill him, could be a double bluff to make it look like that's what he's doing to stay safe as scum.
IcyTea - town lean. Engaging with things, asking people things. Bemused why he thinks my refuge is not as good as webadict’s refuge. Reads list doesn’t quite gel with mine, can’t complain about that I guess.
Two posts are not enough to really say someone's being engaging.
Comment on this in particular: did you miss my 2000-word post? If spending literally hours after an absence to catch up on everything I could isn't engaging, I don't know what is.

If town!IcyTea thought webadict was a dumb troll, he'd get mad for sure, but he'd want him modkilled, not killed within the parameters of the game.
And I do, but sadly horrible sportsmanship isn't a modkillable offense, especially since it really could have been played as a gambit. At least it means I can be petty as well if I want.
I think that we should lynch kit. He's been silent for a while, and in the last post he made, he accused me of calling him scum & submerging. His original behavior with Nirur seemed a suspicious to me and worthy of pressing him about it, but the fact that he voted me back right after and then went silent has convinced me that he is scum.
I still think Kit as third-party, probably non-killing unless they're completely lying and it's actually {7 town, 2 scum, 1 SK}. Lynching 'em is in the "can wait" folder for me.

So let's start on only the end. You are steeped in hypocrisy. You are voting me because I'm not trying (using selectively taken information to back up your vote), while simultaneously choosing to sit out during the game (and doing basically what I've done.) Did you just give up and not try your hardest?

Weird. See, while I never promised to do that, you did! And now I'm holding you to that standard.
I see no reason to hold to the social contract that you already broke.
The sad part is if you think that sort of gambit would work, it doesn't. Ultimatums are stupid for multiple reasons. Plus, the transition was too fast for it to be believable.
You think I'm playing a gambit? That I still care about the game? That I don't actually think you're a horrible human being?
The second issue is that if the attempt was to anger me even more, it didn't work.
You think I care if you're angry?
Not because you're being incredibly and purposefully selective in your evidence
Evidence? What evidence?
I really don't think you contribute significantly enough to the town to warrant the attitude.
At least I've tried. In vain, apparently.
You're not dolores or hector13. They have the real power. Nirur would if they weren't making a dumb case on hector13. You have... nothing.
"Real power"? On Day 1? I've gathered plenty of data to prepare for a long game, to actually win around Day 3 or 4. A shame to throw it all away.
Third, you look worse than I do. In fact, I probably look better now in spite of your protest. It was a stupid gambit. Because now, when I do some actual posting on Wednesday (which, since you are selectively holding memories anyway, is the day I have some time), it STILL won't have been because of you. Dolores pretty much gets full credit, so you'll have to pick yourself up.
And now you actually want to play the game? Fuck you.

IcyTea probably isn't Town. Too much broad play
You've seen my Day 1's before. For me, a narrow play on Day 1 is just bashing my head against a wall and just as enjoyable.
thought that webadict was doing better despite me actually generating content.
A number of players believe you're scum and not just scummy. If you're town, that's a failure on your part. You believe webadict is just a dick who needs no further questioning. That's a success.
Didn't noticed dolores was dropping things for other people to pick up,
I noticed plenty of things.
appeared to be reading dolores negatively based on dolores view on playing
As I've noted, that wasn't an earnest attempt at a case.
IcyTea: d'ya think maybe you can vote for someone else?
If you had to choose who to take into D2 out of Kit, FoU, and roseheart, who would it be?
Whoever replaces me can vote for whoever they want.

As if someone came to replace me. Either way, I'm done here. Here's a pair of questions for y'all to consider: how much time did I spend writing this post, including time spent reading the thread? How much free time do I have in a day?

I'm not going to put in the time and effort to play with people who don't actually want to play the game.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2019, 04:54:33 pm »

Alright, I'm going to guess that people really dislike the fact I haven't read people. So, here we gooo...

hector13 - town, after reading other people's arguments, I see how the early action-stirring works. Doesn't stop me from disliking it. But it works for me, Townie.
Dolores - Pressing me is something I dislike, but I can't stop it. Especially with that intro that pressed everyone, and I reacted the weakest. I'm the odd one out, therefore I am scum. Makes sense, if I was, but I'm just a shoddy player.
Nirur - I latch because I am new, and they took action fastest. Now I learn to swim, and float on my own. STOP. LINKING. US.
KitRougard - Self-Analasis: I can't bluff unless I can back it up. In Town of Salem, if I'm Mafia faking Sheriff (Mafia-Finder), I'll burn a fellow Scum just to seem real. If I'm something that I can easily convert results for (Consig to Investigator, both see roles of targets, but Invest sees 3 possibilities), then I do that. If I'm just a Killing Mafia? I don't bluff because I can't bluff. I am a solid, protective Town. And I'm sorry I can't post The Numbers outright, because as I said, I'LL DIE. OK? All you have is all you'll get.
Failbird10 - Someone mentioned using their newbieness as a crutch. I agree with that, there's a difference between apologizing profusely for idiocy and wielding it like a weapon to keep people off you.
FallacyofUrist - OK, I'll admit, I need to take time to trawl through the thread and FIND WHERE THEY POSTED.
Icytea - Just threw themselves out a window. I say cornered Scum that's leaving his corpse for someone else to pick up.
Tomasque - Alright, I've explained that I'm a sheep that went along with someone who seemed experienced. That is why I voted with Nirur. Happy? In fact, now that you're acting, I think you're proper Town!
webadict - OK, morale is up, get your random s*** out of here... otherwise, I see what you're doing, like hector.
roseheart - Can we just shoot him? I mean, I thought a "Jester" type role too, or otherwise one that works from the grave, but... Eh. He's just the least helpful of us all.

And you know what? My 18-year-old monkey brain doesn't like being kicked like it is. So you know what its going to do?

COMPLETE ROLE DUMP, FOLKS!

Red Eyes Black Dragon

Concealing Darkness: Darkness holds no secrets. (This sentence has been redacted for survival purposes.) You can't tell anyone this and live.

Counter Red Blast: You can target 1 Player during the Day Phase. That Player is immune from any Kills And Roleblocks this Night, and you can send up to three messages to them this night.
Current Target: Dolores - I like the way they're playing. Solid pressure on everyone, and if I survive, I'd like to ask a few questions in private.

Light and Dark: You are immune to Roleblocks and Counter-Kills. Mafia can Kill you though.

Loud and proud and suicidal member of the Town, folks! So now that we know who's getting Mafia-Killed tonight, where are we gonna go for the rest of today?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2019, 05:12:23 pm »

roseheart isn't Town. They have implied not being town in two of their posts, one of which said silence was rewarding. Not for town, though. Not interested in serving the greater good. Knowledge of cultural differences between sites, waited a long time to post, posted nonsense. Lack of interest in engaging. Investigative? Wouldn't post nonsense as first post. Possible jester, but that seems unlikely... Yu-Gi-Oh. No idea.

Well I am town. So you either read too much into my casually worded posts. Or are mafia trying to rally against a town.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2019, 05:26:59 pm »

I am not a jester, but I do have a power that activates when I die.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2019, 05:33:03 pm »

Well I am town. So you either read too much into my casually worded posts. Or are mafia trying to rally against a town.
You're really defensive and not making any attempt to find scum. How do you hope to pull off a town win, Mr. Town? Just .. hope?
How do you hope to survive, if you're doing scummy things like lurking and not looking for scum?
 Or if you're silent because you already have good ideas of who's scum, who is it?
How do you feel about Kit role-claiming right before you posted?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2019, 05:37:14 pm »

You're really defensive and not making any attempt to find scum. How do you hope to pull off a town win, Mr. Town? Just .. hope?
I am just defensive at most games actually. Just because I am not optimal by the commonly held perspective, doesn't mean I don't want to win.

How do you keep a cool head with so many votes hanging over your head? I admire that.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2019, 05:45:07 pm »

This may be a noob mistake for me to say this, I feel like I have given so much information already, despite remarks to the contrary.

But 1 and maybe 2 people actually know I am town.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2019, 05:49:18 pm »

Um, thanks. It's pretty easy when they have no weight and the voters aren't questioning me.

You're putting off almost as many "new scum" tells as you can. It's impressive.
And you're ignoring questions.
 I really don't like that.

This may be a noob mistake for me to say this, I feel like I have given so much information already, despite remarks to the contrary.

But 1 and maybe 2 people actually know I am town.
I'm not sure how this is supposed to help anyone. I'd call it WIFOM but it's so watered down I can't even taste it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2019, 05:51:37 pm »

Okay, here's another easy question, since you .. let's say have different views about scumtells.
What makes you think any given person is scum, or is town? It'd help if you used someone here as an example.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2019, 05:52:46 pm »

You're putting off almost as many "new scum" tells as you can. It's impressive.
Then I put you in the same pot as Hector13

"Well I am town. So you either read too much into my casually worded posts. Or are mafia trying to rally against a town."

I am too inexperienced to be too sure about anything. I constantly second guess my reads. I have no reason to be directing the conversation.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2019, 05:56:03 pm »

But we want to hear about your reads, even if they're wrong. You might find something someone else missed, and would miss if you had kept silent, causing a town loss.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2019, 05:56:10 pm »

When facts emerge I will act.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2019, 05:58:57 pm »

Alright,

1. Icytea =
2. FallacyofUrist +
3. hector13 -
4. Failbird105 ~
5. roseheart +
6. Nirur Torir -
7. KitRougard -
8. Dolores ~
9. Tomasque ~
10. webadict +
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2019, 06:00:53 pm »

Roseheart Okay then, have a fact: You're leaking scum tells like a sieve, enough that I am quite comfortable changing my vote yet again and latching onto you with no specific explanation needed, despite how confidently I was on someone else yesterday.

What now?

PPE: (And that's a start, but it needs explanations to be useful.)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28