Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1  (Read 69025 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Stacking the Deck(10/10)
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2019, 03:43:50 pm »

Failbird: You deserve a question. Who here reads as scummy to you, so far?
Uh, I dunno. My experience with this is formed entirely by Town of Salem, where half of the players where roleplaying as a character, and even then I mostly just watched other people play it, people who where in an active voice chat with other players in the same server.

What traits would even be indicative of scum? I would assume they'd be trying to be inoffensive as to draw the least attention to themselves, but then again since only investigative town roles would even know who is and isn't town(and even that potentially isn't foolproof), then it would be a town players best interest to act that way as well.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2019, 04:06:33 pm »

then it would be a town players best interest to act that way as well.
Nope. Scum wants to live, yes, since there are so few of them, while dead townies win if town wins at all. Townies don't want to throw their lives away, but trading your own life for critical information is a smart move. Not an easy move, and not something to aim for if you don't know what you're doing.

Day 1, townies want to get lots of conversation going, so there's more information for future days. If a scum slips up enough to be lynched, great!

I'll answer my question for myself. Don't just copy me. Ask some questions, get people involved, form your own opinions.
Webadict: how are you planning to avoid a repeat of Fallacy's BYOR 4?
By doing nothing. I probably won't even post a whole lot. I really just wanted the game to start. My objective is completed.

Additionally, I have zero abilities because I am a normal type monster. Therefore, it is ill-advised to target me. Or maybe it's not. Whatever. I certainly would never activate any abilities that would kill anyone that did target me. Or target other people. Or make up abilities that I may or may not have.

Here is a random string of letters: WIFOM. Please ignore it. "Lynching me is what scum would do."

The non/sense will continue until morale increases.
This is just sowing confusion, and is pretty scummy in itself. But Webby plays like that, it's a weird meta thing and I'm not going to even try analyzing him day 1.

Hector though.
webadict: What purpose does that WIFOM serve?

???

What purpose do you think it serves?

Hector13: how high are your hopes of this game seeing actual activity?

How high are your hopes of this game seeing actual activity?
This is just deflecting, not answering anything, and "no u" barely trying.
I’m a jester, obviously.
Pointless roleclaiming, or false roleclaiming. Either way...
Hector, I'm calling your bluff. Why are you claiming jester?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2019, 04:25:27 pm »

Why are you not claiming jester? ahaha.

Is it pointless to roleclaim at this point, given you’ve also suggested it could be a false roleclaim, and thus I could get away with it and potentially throw people off... *trails off into further WIFOM*

What do you think I have revealed about myself by throwing Fallacy’s question back at him, and not answering IcyTea’s RVS question?

You may wish to bold your votes too, so the mod can see it easier, like this:

Nirur Torir

hector13
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2019, 04:30:41 pm »

Answer this one too.
Hector13: how high are your hopes of this game seeing actual activity?

How high are your hopes of this game seeing actual activity?
Hector: You're answering a question with a deflection. Answer it for real.

What do you think I have revealed about myself by throwing Fallacy’s question back at him, and not answering IcyTea’s RVS question?
That you're not playing to increase the day 1 information flow ...

Why are you not claiming jester? ahaha.

Is it pointless to roleclaim at this point, given you’ve also suggested it could be a false roleclaim, and thus I could get away with it and potentially throw people off... *trails off into further WIFOM*
.. And that you're actively trying to obfuscate the information flow.

You may wish to bold your votes too, so the mod can see it easier, like this:
That is a good point.
Hector13

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2019, 04:34:29 pm »

So asking other people to answer questions is trying to stop information flowing... how?

I’ve told you that my role is survivor, how is that obfuscating? What’s your role?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2019, 04:41:37 pm »

Contradicting yourself, role fishing, refusing to answer questions.

You're very dedicated to this bluff.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2019, 05:28:26 pm »

...watch us be walking into a very well-laid trap.
hector13
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 08:02:33 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2019, 05:57:19 pm »

Kit: Are you just going to go in uncertainly with that? Not going to try to question him further, just gonna vote and wonder to yourself about whether it's a trap, when we're less than 12 hours into the day?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2019, 06:44:20 pm »

...I never did get out of Silver (the starting rank) in Ranked Town Of Salem.

Personally, I just want a D1 lynch because I'm antsy about... Uh, numbers that I've been given. If two Town fall, the game is essentially lost for us.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2019, 06:55:28 pm »

Worrisome.

Wait, if two fall? So you're saying that if we lynch town and night goes poorly, we could be unwinnable by day 2?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2019, 06:56:27 pm »

*blinks*
I should have thought a bit harder about that, yeah.
Retracting Vote.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2019, 07:37:16 pm »

Well you can’t just leave us hanging like that; what are the numbers you have that make you think the game’s over by D2 if things go poorly?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2019, 07:47:20 pm »

Well you can’t just leave us hanging like that; what are the numbers you have that make you think the game’s over by D2 if things go poorly?
Or better yet, ignore Hector's rolefishing unless saying roleclaiming is an obvious benefit (like a cop finding scum).

*blinks*
I should have thought a bit harder about that, yeah.
Retracting Vote.
1) Might want to do that in red, I'm not sure if uncolored non-votes count.
2) Even assuming your numbers are correct and not a ruse, we have to trust the GM that things are setup so town won't get an unwinnable situation day 2.
3) By your stated information, I think Hector is the safest lynch vote.
4) Editing posts is bad form. Don't do that.
5) Regardless, you should be asking questions or stirring discussion and not just unvoting. Especially if we have a strict time limit.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2019, 08:05:03 pm »

...Yeesh, I should have anticipated a shift from ToS to here, shouldn't I have? I should have. So real fast, I'mma poke the folks who haven't chattered...
roseheart, Tomasque, Dolores, what're your opinions on the Hector matters?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 08:08:52 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2019, 08:05:33 pm »

You’re so certain I’m scum even though not everyone has posted yet? What “stated logic” from Kit has convinced you I’m the best lynch? What makes you think Kit is trustworthy and I am not?

I mean, since I’m a vanilla townie, the fact Kit brought up something unbidden (though alluded to in pre-game) would imply he is unconcerned about it being common knowledge in the game. How is it rolefishing for me to asking him what that is?

Also:

Kit: Are you just going to go in uncertainly with that? Not going to try to question him further, just gonna vote and wonder to yourself about whether it's a trap, when we're less than 12 hours into the day?

There’s a lot we could talk about here.

I’m just going to be passive-aggressive and not say what that is, though.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28