Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1  (Read 68987 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Stacking the Deck(10/10)
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2019, 09:17:03 am »

Hector13 has the numbers right! I don't know about the true neutrals, but the Evils are spot on!
*phew*
And "buddies" is because there's rarely just ONE mafia in a 10 game.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2019, 10:00:58 am »

That's great and all, but now that your mechanical commentary has been settled, can you engage with the game and go looking for some scum?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2019, 10:05:00 am »

he's not going to give you more under this non-existent pressure.
You're right. Years later and I'm still trying to substitute "badgering and annoying people" in as pressure instead of "asking meaningful questions" and actual analysis. Couldn't figure it out then, but maybe now I can. I'll go re-read some old threads and give better responses later.

I'll save you your time on analyzing my old mafia posts: It was ages ago and I was terrible enough to think hammering myself was an acceptable idea.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2019, 11:28:23 am »

webadict: gonna wifom about being a warvet in a game you're not necessarily going to post in? Don't you want to get killed if you aren't actually invested in playing? You're probably thinking to yourself 'wow doll took the bait what a twist' but I'm an investigative role and fffuck softclaiming so I'll claim tomorrow.
Dude, you're thinking about this more than I am.

Let me tell you a story. You see, one time, I had to turn off my brain. It was a complete, black void. You don't get the normal thoughts. You get the quick calculations, the ones relying completely on intuition and motor memory. Thoughts appeared and the hivemind of thoughts that normally swelled chose a dedicated speaker, and filtered them down to just that one voice. Now imagine emulating that. Like, just pretend the first voice you hear is the only voice.

And follow it!

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2019, 12:15:31 pm »

Alrighty, time to actually give some meat to this game...
If I didn't know webadict, I would have to put him up for the D1 lynch for being so confounding. But apparently that's normal?
hector13 is another "make this madman shut his trap" lynch, although I'd like to make a note about...
Nirur, do you have a response about the massive drop about your actions by Dolores?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2019, 12:34:17 pm »

If I didn't know webadict, I would have to put him up for the D1 lynch for being so confounding. But apparently that's normal?
Not really, but the explanation he's given for it checks out and it's not super alignment-indicative.
The idea that he's going to post a lot more and more productively is easier to approach than for a totally inactive player anyway, since we know he is here and we (those that know wuba) know that he could be playing if he was able to.
Regardless, you're reading too much into this. Going after players who aren't doing anything useful is only productive if you think that voting for them will get them to do something useful. I very much doubt that voting for wuba will do much to change how he's playing.
The only real question to ask at this point
Wuba: under what conditions would you engage with the game more? Are you busy or just not very interest?

Anyway, it's not a super useful thread to follow up on at this point.

Kit:
You're kinda following Nirur but you've not really given much actual input about your Hector13 case, which is where your vote is resting right now.
Do you want to lynch Hector13?
Why? I've defended him, because in my opinion the entirety of the Nirur/Hector interaction, the only real source of content to get reads from in the thread, is 100% his creation and was produced intentionally. He's my top townpick so far. What are your actual problems with his posts that make you want to lynch him?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2019, 12:48:39 pm »

The non/sense will continue until morale increases.
I briefly chuckled; morale has increased. The nonsense may cease.
What was the point of this? He already said he's only going to post if there's actually enough of a game to make posting worthwhile. Did you need this explained to you or were you going to keep trying to wring blood from a stone instead of turning around and doing some work so that he's interested enough to engage? Yes, he's being an asshole. Yes, he's being presumptuous. Yes, he's being unhelpful (actually not really, but you probably haven't seen why yet). Has any of what he's said not made sense or seemed like it was going to go other than how he said? No, not really.
I didn't know I needed a point to respond to anyone's nonsense as part of another post, especially as a first post during RVS.

Roseheart: If there are scum other than standard mafia, what kind are you hoping for and why?
I want to say 'interesting that you're trying to shift the focus to third parties in your first post (especially when it's so empty otherwise)' but after Kit's little indiscretion pre-game, it's fairly understandable. Still though, fuck off and find scum first before you go after third parties. sk hardly looks different to scum on D1 anyhow
Whether someone would prefer to deal with cult or sk seems like a more valid first question than starting the game with "why am I suspicious of you, number drawn from a hat?"

Hector: You're answering a question with a deflection. Answer it for real.
He answered it.
Not really.
Hector13: how high are your hopes of this game seeing actual activity?

How high are your hopes of this game seeing actual activity?

Failbird: You deserve a question. Who here reads as scummy to you, so far?
Everyone deserves a question, but you've asked four, scratch that, three. Given your level of activity I can see how this works for you but can you not funnel new and inactive players into giving observational reads over interacting?
I'll keep that there is a distinction in mind.

Pointless roleclaiming, or false roleclaiming. Either way...
Hector, I'm calling your bluff. Why are you claiming jester?
So that he and people like me can see your dumb ass post this kind of shit. We'll know that you're going to take things literally and act like what people say in their first posts is important and drag it out all game even if we've got a history of aggressive play or are clearly shitposting.
Since you need it laid out for you,
Nirur Torir: am I an investigative role? Hint: the answer isn't important at the start of RVS
I need to reconsider the value of roles. I had previously considered roles to be far overshadowed by good play, and so don't think I play differently as different town roles. Thus, identification of roles is difficult. This is stupid and will be reconsidered.

That you're not playing to increase the day 1 information flow ...
Literally the only content so far (outside of Kit's mechanical shit) that isn't strictly RVS is about Hector. How the hell is he not increasing the day 1 information flow?
His "no u" question redirects would have given nothing if I had ignored him and nobody else had attacked him.

Incidentally, you should already be always lynching D1. Even we were in a 'mylo line' as it were, there's an unknown number of kills/saves floating around in a BYOR setup anyhow. Lynching is how town wins. Do it.
I do believe in always having a day 1 lynch. I was trying to run with Kit's logic and clashing with his unvote, but wanted to push softly so he wouldn't collapse into giving his role.

Who's blowing off D1? We have plenty of time to talk things over and get info on who your buddies are.
T h e n   d o   i t
You're not going to find out 'after lynching Hector' or anything like that. You're not even going to cement him as your lynch target with a case as weak as this. Go after someone else, goddamn.
Yeah, I didn't think to check the post history and thought Hector was inexperienced. Since he's not, you're right, I have nothing.

Roseheart: You have yet to appear. What are your plans for scumhunting?
Failbird: Who are your top two picks here for scum buddies and why?
Kit: If you were just going to say it day 1 anyway, why wait so long for that role information?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2019, 12:50:55 pm »

I mangled that. Here it is again.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2019, 01:45:52 pm »

Alrighty, time to actually give some meat to this game...
hector13 is another "make this madman shut his trap" lynch, although I'd like to make a note about...
Nirur, do you have a response about the massive drop about your actions by Dolores?
Anything's normal if you do it enough. Frankly, I could post poop emojis and that would be normal? Everything's normal for me, I guess.

Let me remind you that I never identified this as a normal behavior. I was forcibly categorized into it. I was sent to the corner for doing anything, and those few times I attempt to change for the better would lead me towards the gallows. So, here's me telling you that this is apparently for everyone's good, but also for no one's. But, don't let that confuse you. I'm also incredibly deviously showing everything I have planned and somehow the grand orchestrater. I am the man on the strings controlling the puppets.

Anyway, here's some poop emojis.

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2019, 02:16:57 pm »

...I should never have come here, I feel outclassed in 15 different logical ways at once.

I waited so long for the Evil Numbers info because I had to say it in a way that wouldn't get me killed. My actual ability allowed me to see the numbers of Scum and Rogue in play, all of whom we need to kill to win. A caviet, however, was that if at any point I come out and just say "HEY THERE'S X SCUM AND Y ROGUES" I wind up dead. I do not know if there are any True Neutral, only the numbers that Hector mentioned for Scum and Rogue. So sorry about timing. As for hector13... Well, I've always been a sheep-type player in ToS, either not voting or pushing with the majority. The only time I concoct my own voting formula is when I wind up Evil. You have a point about hector doing that whole mess to generate content, and... Yeah, he's actually been pretty helpful.
Retract vote one last time! ...sorry I'm so wishy-washy.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2019, 02:43:38 pm »

Aight, time to shitpost and passout, hopefully in that order:

Webadict, you sad fucking excuse for a cunt
I jsut read all of your posts since FBYOR4 or whichever one just happened
Your game at the start of that game and through the second day was better than you've ever brought before.
What the hell is this bullshit.
Are you just trying to see if anyone is going to call you out on it? Nah, fuck that. You know and I know that you don't play like that cos it doesn't work and it's shit. Fuck off.
You've dropped wifom in your first post. It's completely useless but I don't care. You're kinda sorta trying to bait people into going after you bu t it's not working and you're still doing it.
Fuck your poop emojis. God knows that I can't lynch ou right now cos these losers fucking worship at your ffeet and I know that I don't want to lynch you D1 cos you might actually do something.
I asked you a question and it's a simple question. It was two simple questions actually, but who gives a fuck.
It's not in a spoiler or any shit, it's got 'Wuba  in bold.
It's not even really about the game, I just want to know if you're going to play.
Either do something or fuck off. List yourself for replacement if you're not gonna change your mind. These idiots still have the game listed as in signups in the signatures last I checked. Some rando asked to join the game somewhere else I think. I don't care, I'll IC post my way through hell if I have to to make the game work.
Fucken, I'll lynch you when I get time and you know that's not now because two players haven't posted 1 single time and that dude I'm voting is a piece of shit who thinks that posting about not posting is posting.

Kit
Stop fucking retarcting votes.
You've also not stopped talking about youre mechanics. Nobody gives a shit. So it's a 3 man scum team. Maybe it's not. Who cares.
Find me one (1) ((uno)) scum to lynch today. If you don't point me to one you're volunteering.
It's day 1, we're like 36 hours in or some shit. Vote somebody, goddamn

Nirur
Pretty sure you misread half of what I said, anywa y stop taking my advice
Good play is what matters, roles don't. That's what I said, that's what you said you thought. Unless you've got the least fucking funny sacrastic sense in the forum then you're talking some wierd shit about following blatantly shitty advice I didn't mean to give which runs oppostie to what I said.
Fuck off, nah, yeah, I'm glad you're asking some other questions but there are other people here too
make a case onm Kit or some shit, they're easy to lynch at this point
wuba's in the same boat but I'm sure some cunt like ehector will defend him anway even though he[s more sueless than a stunnd rat

fuck this I'll post coherently in eh
20 hours>?
WEBADICT\
STOP BEING SUCH A CUNT

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2019, 03:01:51 pm »

Because you want me to talk and didn't know I was asleep?
What the fuck is this? You responded to the post. You're not shitposting in your sleep. Do some fucking work, jesus christ.
So it's not possible for me to have woken up within the 7 hours between Fallacys post and mine?
Failbird: Who are your top two picks here for scum buddies and why?
Quite frankly, as far as I'm concerned it could be anybody right now. Reading people is in no way my specialty, especially not people who I'm encountering for the first time in a game where some players are explicitly meant to work to deceive the others. The only thing I do know is that given some time I'll know at least one person I definitely can or can't trust.

Frankly the only people I have any inclination to vote for at this very moment are Dolores and Fallacy but 'because they've voted for me' is easily among the weakest reasons I can think of.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2019, 03:13:14 pm »

Frankly the only people I have any inclination to vote for at this very moment are Dolores and Fallacy but 'because they've voted for me' is easily among the weakest reasons I can think of.
"Oh no I can't vote for them it'd be weak."
-=Continues lurking=-

Do something. Don't just say it could be anybody and shrug.

Pretty sure you misread half of what I said, anywa y stop taking my advice
Good play is what matters, roles don't. That's what I said, that's what you said you thought. Unless you've got the least fucking funny sacrastic sense in the forum then you're talking some wierd shit about following blatantly shitty advice I didn't mean to give which runs oppostie to what I said.
The line of thought was that different roles might want to play a bit differently: Vanilla Townies getting nightkilled is much better than it going to a power role.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2019, 03:26:09 pm »

I agree.

webadict, ‘cause he’s a cunt and I don’t like the fact he’s voting for me cunts.

Well, it depends on the cunt, but that’s not important right now I guess.

I didn’t know Shakerag was playing.

*thinks a lot before posting*

Ah bugger it I’ve got nothing better to do, and you posting telling how stupid I am for voting you will at least be entertaining for me if nothing else.

PPE: well then.

Failbird: if that’s a weak reason, you could speak to them and figure out a stronger one. Or just make one up.

Dolores just wants to call everyone else a cunt, for example, and FoU is alway scum until proven otherwise, which is when he’s dead.

PPE2: Nirur: given Tric asked us to pick three... well whatever he asked us to do at the start of the game, how likely do you think there are any VTs in this game?

I haven’t even read my PM and I can guarantee I have a power of some description.

How should the various power roles play when they know everyone else is a power role?

I mean, uh, I’m a... what’s the name of the town killing role? Vigilante? Not that one. I’m a jailkeeper, like I’ve said all along.

Anyone want to post again..?

No?

Good.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2019, 03:38:54 pm »

PPE2: Nirur: given Tric asked us to pick three... well whatever he asked us to do at the start of the game, how likely do you think there are any VTs in this game?

I haven’t even read my PM and I can guarantee I have a power of some description.
I highly doubt there are any VTs in this particular game. It'd be a huge let-down to play a BYOR and only get VT.
Why haven't you read your role?

How should the various power roles play when they know everyone else is a power role?
An interesting question. Assuming non-standard powers, we're left guessing as to the strength of any other powers. I'm going to say that no, it shouldn't ordinarily be taken into account for BYOR or you'll end up drunk on your own WIFOM.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28