Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1  (Read 68977 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Stacking the Deck(10/10)
« Reply #165 on: March 25, 2019, 05:04:25 pm »

Webadict: In the beginning of the game I asked you how you're going to prevent a repeat of FBYOR4. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and expected that you'd have taken that experience and made something good out of it. When I saw your first few posts, I saw the marks of a possible town gambit using those lessons learned. That game showed you can get away with obvious scum behaviour, as long as you do it so obviously that no sane scum would do it. For instance, declaring that everyone else is terrible and that you won't cooperate so you can see how other players react. You even seemingly hinted at that being the goal with your statement of "lynching me is what scum would do." I even managed to bring up an abstract example of it with dolores, to see if they could notice it as well.

I expected you to take this game seriously. Guess I was wrong, you're just still sore and petty, and you've learned nothing. But that raises a question: if you're not here to play the game, why are you here? An active game is not the proper time or place to whine about the state of the subforum.

I get your overarching point, yes. It's even neatly demonstrated by how "taking the game seriously and trying their hardest" is apparently an unfair expectation to have of other players, even for experienced ones like you. I'll be sure not to be as naïve in the future.

Fuck you. I'm going to sleep.
Don't meet your heroes, kid.

The fact that you thought you could rely on me makes me want to try even less. Why would you burden yourself with that? I never made that promise to you. You made that promise with you. I never said I wasn't anything but petty. In fact, I'm quite sure that I mentioned it. All anyone has to do is try harder than this that I bring, the bare minimum in forum expectations.

This is how you fail to scumhunt. This is how you ignore the big picture. It's nice and comfortable, up here in Neverland. Where no one grows up, flying above the heads of those we shit on. Where we clap hard enough that the Mafia fairy will lynch all the scum, but only if you truly believe.

Gambits don't work like this. At least, they don't for me. That never precludes others from gambiting off my efforts. Use what you will from what I write.

But, this game seems to move faster than I could probably keep up, so whatcha gonna do? Maybe it might get people to stop the weird things that are allowed to take place here.
So are you going to play?
We've got roseheart, someone in replacements, and a player whose convinced they can't do anything so they're refusing to show their homework. The things you're posting aren't less substantial than what a lot of people here are posting, so it's not like relative inactivity is going to be too huge of a deal. You've got until roseheart dies or is replaced or decides to show up to catch up anyway since by definition of having voted once ever you've avoided being the least helpful player here.
Brilliant, that means I'll be alive for 4 Days! Poop emojis for all?

The real answer is that I probably won't do much until I have actual time, but that won't be until Wednesday. So, here, take my Personal Extension and my Extension Vote. Until then, I'm running on sarcasm fumes and bacon gristle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2019, 05:24:17 pm »

Well then.

*sigh*

@dolores - I won’t be killing roseheart this night.

@nirur - mafia maxim number 3: activity is not indicative of alignment. What you have done paints you as scum, what roseheart has done fills me with rage, but is indicative of laziness and a penchant for trolling.

Why does my level of experience make you read me differently? Earlier I was surely scum, now I’m probably town. I do appreciate you summarizing my stuff though, I do that to other people and now know how annoying it is :p

@failbird - one meaningful post a day is pretty much all we need, I tend to go over things a lot as well, and continually edit a post as I’m writing it.

@webadict - i wub oo

@roseheart, FoU and everyone else - arglbargl we have enough to formulate a pool of lynchees, please get to forming arguments on who you want to lynch and why.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2019, 05:41:15 pm »

Tom: I'd still like to hear who you most suspect from those who aren't lurkers (like Webby) or newbies. That leaves Dolores, Tom, IcyTea, Hector, and me. Or do you read us all as town?

@nirur - mafia maxim number 3: activity is not indicative of alignment. What you have done paints you as scum, what roseheart has done fills me with rage, but is indicative of laziness and a penchant for trolling.
"You know what scummy thing you've done, oOoOoOooo"

Why does my level of experience make you read me differently? Earlier I was surely scum, now I’m probably town. I do appreciate you summarizing my stuff though, I do that to other people and now know how annoying it is :p
Because you're experienced enough not to play jester as a gimmicky newbscum tactic. Hunting you with that as the base is a waste of everyone's time.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2019, 05:57:20 pm »

I can't sleep.

Webadict:
The fact that you thought you could rely on me makes me want to try even less. Why would you burden yourself with that? I never made that promise to you.
Yes, you did:
!in
When you signed up, you made the implied promise of trying your hardest in the name of good sportsmanship. As an experienced player who still calls himself "King of the Mafia", your hardest should be a lot indeed. You even acknowledge that I had that expectation of you. But you've broken the social contract, and I don't think I can have any fun playing with you anymore. It would be fine if you knowingly deceived me within the boundaries of the game, that's the whole point of it, I don't take that sort of thing personally. But this isn't even about the stupid game. I feel personally betrayed by the very real you, not you as town or scum.

Do you play football like this, too? Everyone asks you if you want to play, and you say yes. But once the game begins, you say "I'm sick of the new players almost never making goals, since they don't know how to play properly, so I'm just going to stand here and whine."

Here's a set of rhetorical questions:
How will our new players learn to play properly?
What kind of impression does this game leave on the new players?
Whose fault is that?
Will the new players want to play another game?
Whose fault is that?
Why is this subforum dying?
Whose fault is that?
How can we prevent this subforum from dying?
How can we make sure the new players will want to play another game?
What have you done to try to achieve it?
Whose fault is that?

Everyone else: either webadict is out, or I'm out. I don't even care if he's town or scum. I refuse to play with him.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2019, 06:03:16 pm »

FallacyOfUrist. Who do you trust most?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2019, 06:17:46 pm »

Hector: You have me listed as one of two scum picks, the other being one you admit you always see as scum. You don't seem to have a third, but are tunneling me. If you lynch me D1 and I show as town, who are your next three candidates?
If I show as scum, who do you go after as my buddies?

Kit: You have some big attack posts you can analyze now. Who do you most suspect of being scum, of Dolores, IcyTea, Tom, and myself?

Tom: I'd still like to hear who you most suspect from those who aren't lurkers (like Webby) or newbies. That leaves Dolores, Tom, IcyTea, Hector, and me. Or do you read us all as town?

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2019, 06:20:36 pm »

I can't sleep.
I can't either, but I also don't think I can post coherently at the moment.
Yes, you did:
!in
Do you play football like this, too? Everyone asks you if you want to play, and you say yes. But once the game begins, you say "I'm sick of the new players almost never making goals, since they don't know how to play properly, so I'm just going to stand here and whine."
Webadict joined because the game wouldn't start otherwise.
Do you remember this shit from before the game started?
That was me, specifically, baiting webadict into going in. He went in so that the game would start.
He didn't go in with the intention of playing and originally he decided to be a salty bitch, but if he starts actually playing in two days or whatever then that's fine.
It's like, we want to play a match of football. But our team doesn't have enough players to play. So I make a big scene and this guy I know who I saw wandering around the area agrees to join the team so we can play. He's there for something else and not really interested, and half the players on our team are just standing around doing nothing anyway. I don't want to defend webadict but the thing you're doing is neither productive or justified.
Everyone else: either webadict is out, or I'm out. I don't even care if he's town or scum. I refuse to play with him.
It's not like he's posted anything to help you guess if he's scum or town
You're asking whose fault it is that the subforum is dying, but you're the one throwing around "X is out, or I'm out" ultimatums.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2019, 06:32:40 pm »

Nirur: How am I tunneling you? I’ve barely interacted with you since the start, when you were tunneling me.

You ask me if I have 4 candidates for scum, do you even have three that aren’t “lurking, needs to do more”?

Why are you limiting Kit’s scum choices to those four?

Why are you panicking so much and asking Tomasque the same question when he hasn’t even posted in between you asking it the first handful of times?

Spoiler: EHRMAHGEHRD (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2019, 06:41:18 pm »

the thing you're doing is neither productive or justified.
Here's a question for you: why do you play Mafia? My answer isn't "to be productive".
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2019, 06:49:08 pm »

This is really good acting if you're all mafia. Not an insult. Just a hypothetical compliment!
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2019, 06:54:08 pm »

Hector: You have me listed as one of two scum picks, the other being one you admit you always see as scum. You don't seem to have a third, but are tunneling me. If you lynch me D1 and I show as town, who are your next three candidates?
If I show as scum, who do you go after as my buddies?

Nirur: How am I tunneling you? I’ve barely interacted with you since the start, when you were tunneling me.

Well, in your list of scum picks, you have two listed, and the other comes with the note of then always looking scummy to you. You're not actively searching for anyone else to go after, so ... Looks like tunneling to me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You ask me if I have 4 candidates for scum, do you even have three that aren’t “lurking, needs to do more”?
I have two that aren't lurking, and two that are. Given that 4/10 players are lurking, I find that fair.

Why are you limiting Kit’s scum choices to those four?
Those are the four with big attack posts he can look through.

Why are you panicking so much and asking Tomasque the same question when he hasn’t even posted in between you asking it the first handful of times?
Because he didn't answer the question I asked the first time, and was still online when I started reposting it. (If he feels Webby wasn't lurking, and cares to explain that reasoning instead, I will consider that an acceptable substitute.)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2019, 06:59:42 pm »

Roseheart: If there are scum other than standard mafia, what kind are you hoping for and why?
So that means third parties, who are not beneficial to town? I just hope they benefit me in some way.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2019, 07:08:48 pm »

Roseheart: You like to analyze forum games. Why, in your opinion, is (or isn't) a more talkative player more likely to be town?
I have played mafia on a couple sites. It seems pretty common that silence is rewarded pretty much anywhere. At least for the first few days.

Am I allowed to edit my post? Reveal details about my role? What WILL get me modkilled?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2019, 07:24:41 pm »

@roseheart - Modkilling offenses are generally editing your posts and directly quoting PMs from the mod.

Don’t be silent, we’re not happy regarding it. Who are your top two scum suspects, and why?

@Nirur - I have reads on people who are posting. How am I supposed to question someone when they’re not around to be questioned?

You, my top scumspect, are voting my other scumspect. Why should I vote with someone I think is scum? The other players I am unhappy with are being prompted to post by others, namely Kit and roseheart.

Tomasque will post when he posts. Cluttering the thread with the same question a thousand times won’t make him answer it any faster.

Your best bet to make me think your’re not scum is not to attack my case, it’s to convince me you’re town by finding scum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2019, 07:25:50 pm »

EBWOP

You can claim your role, just paraphrase your PM.

Also don’t claim until you need to. Which probably isn’t now.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28