Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1  (Read 69007 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Stacking the Deck(10/10)
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2019, 08:07:13 pm »

KIT

Editing posts in forum mafia is bad juju, don’t do it. Double-posting is the best move if you need to edit, usually with the acronym EBWOP (Edit By Way Of Posting) at the start.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2019, 08:20:54 pm »

You’re so certain I’m scum even though not everyone has posted yet? What “stated logic” from Kit has convinced you I’m the best lynch? What makes you think Kit is trustworthy and I am not?
No, if "don't lynch town" is important by his data, then lynching you is the best option.

Lynch All Liars is a perfectly valid voting strategy regardless, and any townie that lies as much as you is playing quite a self-defeating anti-town game.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2019, 08:36:07 pm »

So you want to blow off D1 for a policy lynch!?

I support this message.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2019, 08:51:05 pm »

Who's blowing off D1? We have plenty of time to talk things over and get info on who your buddies are.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2019, 09:00:25 pm »

Oh alright, you got me.

I’m in a scum team with FoU and roseheart.

Actually, “buddies”?

This isn’t a game in which role distribution is known. What makes you think there’s more than one buddy? How many scum do you think there are?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2019, 10:01:37 pm »

Yes, yes, edits are bad juju... My EXACT edit history was to cross out my vote, undo that edit, then put people's names into my post. That is all.

Now, as for exact numbers, well...
I know little about the potential roles in this BYOR, so I am playing paranoid and saying that Town loses when it is equal to or less that the number of Evils (Not just Scum/Mafia, but lone wolves like the ToS Serial Killer). We started this round with 10 players. If two Town die, I consider the Town to have lost by my logic.

Note: I know that when Town is the same as Evils, it is still possible for Town to come back - The example SK could take down a Mafia member while Mafia hits some kind of roadblock. Consider these odds microscopic like they easily are.

Another Note: I will be using Scum and Mafia interchangeably, as I was trained on Town of Salem. They mean the same thing here: the hooligans who want Town dead.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2019, 10:14:35 pm »

EBWOP

And, uh, after you coughed up names D1, I'd say that fits with the numbers. All my knowledge is out in the open, kind of. If I say straight numbers I end up getting shot by the gods, but hinting at The Numbers and agreeing with other people's statements is valid! I have no idea if we've been given the whole scum of if you're just messing with us with those names, but for now?
I reinstate my vote for hector13.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2019, 11:03:48 pm »

webadict: What purpose does that WIFOM serve?

???

What purpose do you think it serves?
webadict's doing his usual thing and spreading chaos and confusion. It makes it hard to tell apart if he's town or scum since he does it every game.

Nay, cretin! What do you think you're doing, saying you're aligned with me(a proud townie)!

Failbird105: I'm voting you for some reason. Why?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2019, 03:15:10 am »

webadict: What purpose does that WIFOM serve?

???

What purpose do you think it serves?
webadict's doing...it hard...every...t...i...me...!
hector13

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2019, 06:27:05 am »

Failbird105: I'm voting you for some reason. Why?
Because you want me to talk and didn't know I was asleep?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2019, 07:53:21 am »

Ypu are quite right webadict.

Unvote

Kit: Nirur said “buddies”, which would imply more than one scum. How do you think they know there is more than one scum? Do you think I gave two examples of “my buddies” because they used the plural and I get to basically force two other players to engage by outright saying they’re scum, or because FoU and roseheart are actually my buddies and I’ve ruined the game for them in less than a RL day?

Aside from that, If we assume you are telling the truth, and Nirur is also correct in their earlier statement that TricMagic balanced the game so town doesn’t lose after N1, and there are 3 scum, there is at most 7 town.

You are not allowed to say numbers, but if I were to say there are 3 scum, 4 townies, 1 evil third-party and... well, presumably two benign third parties, would you be able to confirm? That would make sense to me if you think there are three scum and are worried about town equaling the evils.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2019, 08:03:37 am »

Oh alright, you got me.

Actually, “buddies”?

This isn’t a game in which role distribution is known. What makes you think there’s more than one buddy? How many scum do you think there are?
When everyone has a role, I'd guess 3. Probably an independent or two, but with only 10 players there's probably not a serial killer. Maybe a one-shot kill role.

Kit: I'll bite. If we start throwing a bunch of numbers guesses out in separate posts, are you able to confirm those?

Toma, Roseheart, Dolores Will you be joining us today? (I know Dolores said ahead of time that they'd be silent yesterday.)

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2019, 09:02:59 am »

PPE:
Oh actually I don't have anything to say about this, that's basically what I was thinking about Kit's rolepower.
The only other thing I was wondering is if Kit is a neutral thirdparty of some kind, but I dunno. I suppose it depends on how many abilities they have. I'm honestly not that interested in this kind of mechanical discussion at this stage, we still don't have scum. We can talk about it once we've decided who to lynch.
PPE2:
I'll cover this below

At the time that I'm writing this the following players haven't posted:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Responding to RVS (click to show/hide)

Specific assholes
Spoiler: FoU (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RVS (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2019, 09:07:26 am »

Code: (Player Vote Count, First 24) [Select]
1. Icytea
2. FallacyofUrist
3. hector13(3) Nirur Torir, Kitrogard, webadict
4. Failbird105(2) FallacyofUrist, dolores(S24)
5. roseheart
6. Nirur Torir
7. KitRougard
8. Dolores
9. Tomasque
10. webadict
First 24
Nirur Torir for hector13,
hector13 for Nirur Torir then hector13,
KitRougard for hector13(retracted, then reinstated),
FallacyofUrist for Failbird105,
webadict for hector13,
hector13 retracts vote for hector13.

Second 24
dolores for Failbird
4754 Hours Left, 24 Hour Mark passed

"It's been a Rousing Start to the first 24 hours, and quite a bit of Zaniness on the Debate Front."

"At the moment, after retracting his own Vote on their-self, hector13 has Three Votes on them, and Failbird103 One."

"I have a Feeling things are only going to Continue heating up. Looks like dolores has just made a Move!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OoC Response (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 09:24:14 am by TricMagic »

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2019, 09:10:43 am »

You posted about me making a move but you missed my vote
Failbird
Or do I need to format it like
Failbird105
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28