Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80581 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2550 on: January 01, 2024, 02:16:06 pm »

Lenglon, as a tracker, you should be first roleclaim tomorrow if you aren't roleblocked. I probably don't need to say that since you claimed first today.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 01, 2024, 02:17:10 pm »

Maximum Spin: I don't think you killed last night, I think ToonyMan or Secretdorf (most likely the former) killed last night. However, I think you're a night-untargetable serial killer with a merge ability, which is good reason to lynch you even if there's definitely at least one other scum player left in the game. If you don't want to be lynched, you have to convince us you're not a serial killer, not just that you didn't perform the kill last night (which is obvious except, apparently, to ToonyMan). Please claim.
I'm not sure what you want me to claim that I haven't already claimed. I'm town, as should hopefully be obvious from the fact that I have never in fact killed anybody. I don't think I've ever actually played SK, but please give me at least a slight benefit of the doubt that I wouldn't be that bad at it. I think the only night when I didn't specifically claim my action was n2, and that can be covered if Esteemed The Canadian kitten asks Esteemed EuchreJack whether he targeted me or Esteemed Lenglon that night. I can't tell which, but I'm sure it must have been one or the other.

Hmm, it's true that Hector's status effect would prevent you from performing a kill tonight. I think it's possible you're lying about having it, though.
Do you think I also have an immutable role? I identified everything the auto does and named it, so I clearly received it, unless, again, you think I got the information in a groupchat. I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't even have got that information from my inspection ability since it was not an action actually used, but an auto another action inflicted. I'm pretty sure only Esteemed hector13 could remove it, if even he can.

Regrettably, I'm always shady, and I don't know how to change that, but I admit at this point my usefulness is running out anyway, so I'll answer specific questions asked to the best of my ability.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: January 01, 2024, 02:19:43 pm »

One of the things I asked Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist is what my PM would look like if I hit two players, so I’m convinced the night I apparently hit Esteemed Maximum Spin, I only hit one player.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 01, 2024, 02:20:38 pm »

Secretdorf, what do you plan to do tonight if you live through the day? The obvious answer is "nothing, I don't want to hit 7", but if you trust us, you could steal someone else's vote and Jim could steal yours like he did today. Or I could just roleblock you to confirm you didn't do anything.
I fully trusted you before Lenglon said all that. Right now, I don't plan to do anything. I am unsure at the moment whether you and Jim are mafia or millers.

I prefer to use all my votes at the same time

Did you always have that preference?
Only since webadict's ghost suggested something like it in the thread.

One problem regarding that: I randomized Esteemed Jim Groovester last night, so he didn’t do the redirect.
That must be the case. It explains why I have 5 votes, not 4.

I am also waiting for what Jim has to say about all of this.

I'm going through the thread now, but what in particular do you expect me to comment on?
Is Imp mafia?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 01, 2024, 02:21:22 pm »

Maximum Spin: I don't think you killed last night, I think ToonyMan or Secretdorf (most likely the former) killed last night. However, I think you're a night-untargetable serial killer with a merge ability, which is good reason to lynch you even if there's definitely at least one other scum player left in the game. If you don't want to be lynched, you have to convince us you're not a serial killer, not just that you didn't perform the kill last night (which is obvious except, apparently, to ToonyMan). Please claim.
I'm not sure what you want me to claim that I haven't already claimed. I'm town, as should hopefully be obvious from the fact that I have never in fact killed anybody. I don't think I've ever actually played SK, but please give me at least a slight benefit of the doubt that I wouldn't be that bad at it. I think the only night when I didn't specifically claim my action was n2, and that can be covered if Esteemed The Canadian kitten asks Esteemed EuchreJack whether he targeted me or Esteemed Lenglon that night. I can't tell which, but I'm sure it must have been one or the other.

Hmm, it's true that Hector's status effect would prevent you from performing a kill tonight. I think it's possible you're lying about having it, though.
Do you think I also have an immutable role? I identified everything the auto does and named it, so I clearly received it, unless, again, you think I got the information in a groupchat. I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't even have got that information from my inspection ability since it was not an action actually used, but an auto another action inflicted. I'm pretty sure only Esteemed hector13 could remove it, if even he can.

Regrettably, I'm always shady, and I don't know how to change that, but I admit at this point my usefulness is running out anyway, so I'll answer specific questions asked to the best of my ability.
You've always claimed, but you've never been inspected and I think the only night where your action was proven was N1, where it happened to target the merged players. That's not a smoking gun, but it's pretty bad. Thinking about it, I agree that you almost certainly received and still have the auto, but I'm willing to rule out the possibility of a way around it.

Maximum Spin: Please claim your entire role and night record at once, in a single post, even the parts you have previously claimed.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: January 01, 2024, 02:22:24 pm »

Secretdorf, what do you plan to do tonight if you live through the day? The obvious answer is "nothing, I don't want to hit 7", but if you trust us, you could steal someone else's vote and Jim could steal yours like he did today. Or I could just roleblock you to confirm you didn't do anything.
I fully trusted you before Lenglon said all that. Right now, I don't plan to do anything. I am unsure at the moment whether you and Jim are mafia or millers.
OK. Let me know if that changes so I know there's less value in roleblocking you.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: January 01, 2024, 02:24:03 pm »

I'm literally leaving the house now and I'm not going to do busywork repeating myself for you. Maybe I'll do it when I get back if I'm not still in a stubborn mood.
My action can be proven last night and n2 if you trust Esteemed The Canadian kitten, and I presumably can't be a serial killer if I'm grouped with him.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: January 01, 2024, 02:24:40 pm »

What I see in this:

- Never used the grant votecount, avoided doing so every time offered, very iffy about that one.
- Stated could have 6 votes by end of D3, seemed comfortable with 6 votes back when he had 1.  Method of gain would be <8 voters on the elimination+granting votecount each day. causing +2 votes per day.
- Claims will die if they ever have 7 votes.
- Claimed to do something, then nothing, N2.
- Vote additions are permanent (later stated that vote theft isn't permanent unless the person dies, later stated by something other than a modkill)
- that day kill is a veng, no it's not, needs the lynch, no it doesn't, but always that it takes someone with them.
- split their votes willingly, later said they prefer not to do that.

-- claims they should only have 4 votes today, if it is true the Esteemed Jim Groovester stole his vote.  Said 'would ask'.

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: January 01, 2024, 02:25:55 pm »

I'm literally leaving the house now and I'm not going to do busywork repeating myself for you. Maybe I'll do it when I get back if I'm not still in a stubborn mood.
My action can be proven last night and n2 if you trust Esteemed The Canadian kitten, and I presumably can't be a serial killer if I'm grouped with him.
I want your fullclaim so I can look for inconsistencies with previous claims and what we've seen happened. I recognize that it's annoying to type all that out, but I think it's a reasonable request given that you were caught in a contradiction yesterday and your role is really weird.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 01, 2024, 03:01:55 pm »

Lenglon, as a tracker, you should be first roleclaim tomorrow if you aren't roleblocked. I probably don't need to say that since you claimed first today.

I'm going to really struggle with not near-instantly reporting whatever results I get, unless I feel very sure a quickhammer's probably impossible, because if all we have is night game, or I'm suddenly somehow insta-day-killed (currently doesn't seem impossible) that might matter for the decisions people make that next night.

Would that be a problem, if so can you help me understand why maybe I should delay until Esteemed Lenglon has had time to report?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: January 01, 2024, 03:06:07 pm »

Lenglon should claim first because if she claims before the person she tracked, her claim and that person's claim are co-verifying. If the trackee claims first, the verification is one-way. You claiming first shouldn't be a problem as long as Lenglon tracks someone other than you, I guess.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: January 01, 2024, 03:25:38 pm »

I’d be pretty happy with Esteemed Secretdorf vengekilling Esteemed ToonyMan at this point.
I'm fine with dying in this exchange if town wins by killing Max after since I think they're the most likely scum player right now. I would only seriously consider other players after Max is dead.

I will defend myself that I am Town, though.

Evidence why I'm not Mafia (or Pirate):
Imp knows Lenglon targeted me on N2. Lenglon got the result "not in group chat" on N2.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: January 01, 2024, 03:28:33 pm »

That’s true. Eurgh I’m not reading 150 pages to remind myself of the game.

Tbh I should not have been the one to be inspected last night, and it’s pretty obvious, aside from my N2, that I’m at minimum not mafia.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: January 01, 2024, 03:31:57 pm »

Tbh I should not have been the one to be inspected last night, and it’s pretty obvious, aside from my N2, that I’m at minimum not mafia.

Congrats, you surely believe that, but your play managed to attract the attention of two inspectors at least.  The uncertainty of what's going on with your claims is a huge part of why I ranked you high enough to verify then and I was completely unsure what result I'd see from you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: January 01, 2024, 03:35:22 pm »

But the fact the entire town has completely ignored your vendetta against Esteemed Secretdorf does not mean you want to prove you’re right?

Being able to clear (or condemn) the two masons by targeting them is worth less than clearing up uncertainty around me?

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 207