Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79778 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2520 on: January 01, 2024, 01:08:18 pm »

Once I've chosen my target, they die even if I am executed. Therefore, I offered Imp that if they doubt the existence of my ability, I may be lynched as well just to be sure I'm not just bluffing to live another day.

I'm not going to use the kill today, not while things stand as they do. I did intend to use it when I claimed so before, but at that time, I was under the impression that there are only two or three anti-town remaining, and that we've nearly won the game. Now, I don't want to leave it to chance.

Elephant Parade, do you think Imp's town and being unreasonable, or that they're mafia and their only shot at winning is via their mafiakill?

I also wonder what deadchat has to say about all this.
OK, all of that is plausible. I still don't like how you've treated your daykill, but it's plausible.

I think Imp is town and being unreasonable, yes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: January 01, 2024, 01:09:29 pm »

They voted for Esteemed sofanthiel and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, and demanded you wipe their role.
Sofanthiel's lynch was a foregone conclusion and unless I'm missing something, they never once voted BHK, despite being the other wagon and saying they were "likely scum".

That was day 4. Day 3 their first vote was Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, which seems an odd move to do if you’re scum and on the way to losing a second member, and D4 was suggesting Esteemed BlackHeartKabal was scum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: January 01, 2024, 01:10:54 pm »

They voted for Esteemed sofanthiel and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, and demanded you wipe their role.
Sofanthiel's lynch was a foregone conclusion and unless I'm missing something, they never once voted BHK, despite being the other wagon and saying they were "likely scum".
That was day 4. Day 3 their first vote was Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, which seems an odd move to do if you’re scum and on the way to losing a second member, and D4 was suggesting Esteemed BlackHeartKabal was scum.
Ah, right. I still find their Day 4 strange (Might as well make that a question — @Secretdorf: Why did you never vote for BHK on D4 despite thinking they were likely scum and being the other wagon?) but that's a reasonable point.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: January 01, 2024, 01:13:02 pm »

Unfortunately, I fell asleep before end of day. I totally intended to vote BHK, it's just that I prefer to use all my votes at the same time, in order to prevent confusion due to votes being scattered among multiple posts, and I don't want to accidentally hammer somebody.

I am also waiting for what Jim has to say about all of this.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: January 01, 2024, 01:13:55 pm »

Unfortunately, I fell asleep before end of day. I totally intended to vote BHK, it's just that I prefer to use all my votes at the same time, in order to prevent confusion due to votes being scattered among multiple posts, and I don't want to accidentally hammer somebody.
That makes perfect sense.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: January 01, 2024, 01:14:40 pm »

I am also waiting for what Jim has to say about all of this.

I'm going through the thread now, but what in particular do you expect me to comment on?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: January 01, 2024, 01:14:59 pm »

So, let's evaluate who could have possibly caused the death of Esteemed notquitethere.

1) Some unlikely deathworld power use?  A scum with a night kill ability died D4.  If we presume basic use of the nightkill, no special extras, maybe possible.  Also, this might get around things like a post restriction preventing kills?  Since it might be an ability to target another ability, and itself not a kill.  It could even be designed to work around the 'Esteemed' ability's limits, we've seen things in play hand-made to counter other things in play.

2) People who could have:

Esteemed Imp could have, with the inspection claim.  Gets risky, to just go calling folks town without knowing, but there's nothing stopping Esteemed Imp from either some deathworld power use (if they have that) or some kill (if they have that, nightkill?)  I also know this didn't happen.

Esteemed Maximum Spin might have a way to use others abilities that does not mean they are vulnerable to the limitations of 'Esteemed'.  I think that would greatly amuse that one, to play with the entire idea of it, and use it to cover 'oh but I couldn't kill and now I can't protect, so that may be why there's more deaths even'.  I don't think it's likely.  I do think it's possible, and fits well with giving Esteemed Maximum Spin a 'make up for it' game role of their dream, even if it isn't cult.

Esteemed Secretdorf has not claimed a night action, and does appear to not have tried to steal a vote, leaving them free to do whatever?

Esteemed ToonyMan, as their claim of protecting Esteemed Imp cannot be verified by that worthy anymore, since not even possible status effects can be seen being gained and lost.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten, as their inspection of Esteemed hector13 cannot be confirmed.

Seems impossible to have killed:

Esteemed CrystalizedMire, unless somehow able to act while banished.  If so, would be through infestation of Esteemed Jim Groovester's gun, so they're here and not here at the same time?  Seems unlikely and we have to have a way to get them back/kill them while they're gone.

Esteemed Lenglon could not have without being teamed with Esteemed Elephant Parade, who has to be teamed with others too, for they are claimed roleblocked and bombed.  Unless anti-town team of 3 people there, impossible.  This also means Esteemed Elephant Parade (the roleblocker) and Esteemed Jim Groovester cannot be the killer unless they are actually an anti-town team or or the mason pair are hiding a redirected kill, as they wouldn't kill confirmed town.  I'm okay with ruling out these three as possible killer.

Esteemed Hector13, not even if redirected, as they are confirmed conferring Esteem to one of the masons.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: January 01, 2024, 01:17:11 pm »

So, I think the killer is between one of Esteemed Secretdorf and Esteemed Maximum Spin, as the other possibles I really don't suspect.

Of the two, my vote's already on Esteemed Secretdorf.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: January 01, 2024, 01:19:47 pm »

I prefer to use all my votes at the same time

Did you always have that preference?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: January 01, 2024, 01:22:22 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: January 01, 2024, 01:25:36 pm »

I feel like I should be a little hurt to be accused of being a serial killer who hasn't managed to kill anyone. What's your thought process here? Do you think I attempted to kill anyone? Would it help if I clearly and intentionally break my posting restriction - because unlike some people, I am willing to do that?
Maybe explain...literally anything about what you've done at night. In exact detail.

I also wonder what deadchat has to say about all this.
We still need NQT's N4 results.

So, I think the killer is between one of Esteemed Secretdorf and Esteemed Maximum Spin, as the other possibles I really don't suspect.
It was probably Max.

Swashbuckler Elephant role-blocked and bombed Lenglon.
Captain Jim Sparrow redirected Canadian Kitten onto Max.

In other words, if Canadian Kitten really was redirected then that person likely redirected to Max to determine their alignment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: January 01, 2024, 01:28:20 pm »

One problem regarding that: I randomized Esteemed Jim Groovester last night, so he didn’t do the redirect.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: January 01, 2024, 01:28:51 pm »

Secretdorf, what do you plan to do tonight if you live through the day? The obvious answer is "nothing, I don't want to hit 7", but if you trust us, you could steal someone else's vote and Jim could steal yours like he did today. Or I could just roleblock you to confirm you didn't do anything.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: January 01, 2024, 01:30:20 pm »

One problem regarding that: I randomized Esteemed Jim Groovester last night, so he didn’t do the redirect.
OK, that explains why Secretdorf is so sure Jim didn't steal their vote. I feel better about SD now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: January 01, 2024, 01:32:04 pm »

In my perfect world, Secretdorf would go down with Max today and then Imp can inspect Elephant or Jim while I protect Imp. This would force any remaining scum to superkill Imp which seems unlikely, and killing me would be too late. If Elephant and Jim get cleared as Town then we'd have three town confirmed players and scum would still need to kill Imp the following night, they're just done. If Elephant and Jim come back scum then they'll be trapped.

Obviously this loses to Elephant/Jim/Imp all being Pirates, but then I doubt Max would be a SK in that case.

PPE:
Didn't Jim say he stole one of Secretdorf's votes? Nobody else is missing votes and Secret is at 5 votes.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 207