Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80612 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2535 on: January 01, 2024, 01:32:43 pm »

One problem regarding that: I randomized Esteemed Jim Groovester last night, so he didn’t do the redirect.
OK, that explains why Secretdorf is so sure Jim didn't steal their vote. I feel better about SD now.
Whose vote did he steal then? Likely Esteemed notquitethere.

Is it something we should be worried about, that the two times he’s confirmed steaming a vote from someone they’ve died?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: January 01, 2024, 01:37:08 pm »

One problem regarding that: I randomized Esteemed Jim Groovester last night, so he didn’t do the redirect.
OK, that explains why Secretdorf is so sure Jim didn't steal their vote. I feel better about SD now.

Is it something we should be worried about, that the two times he’s confirmed steaming a vote from someone they’ve died?
No. I don't know what's going on here, but his vote steal doesn't do that. This is a bizarre coincidence. Also, sofanthiel died by lynch, so...?

@Fallacyofurist: By default, what happens to stolen votes when the original owner dies?

If they're kept, it's possible he was randomized to NQT. If they're lost, then either SD must be mistaken or lying or there's another person with a regenerating vote (unlikely unless scum graverobbed sofanthiel's overpowered auto or something).

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: January 01, 2024, 01:38:47 pm »

Captain Jim Sparrow redirected Canadian Kitten onto Max.

Umm, but Esteemed The Canadian kitten would kill their target if their target used a kill, or if their target targeted back.

If Esteemed Maximum Spin 'killed' last night, it could not have been a literal, textbook kill.

We have confirmation by the restriction that worthy put a lot of focus on, and if Esteemed The Canadian kitten did target the Esteemed Maximum Spin who is a serial killer and the only one, then however Esteemed Maximum Spin is 'killing', it isn't a kill, or the kill was done by someone else.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: January 01, 2024, 01:40:18 pm »

Have you been casually randomizing the entire game?

I'm not responsible for the kill on N4 on notquitethere and I'm not responsible for the kill attempts on NQT & sofanthiel on N1.

A part of me secretly hopes that I'm actually unknowingly killing people, since that would be fucking hilarious, but I don't think that's what's going on here.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: January 01, 2024, 01:40:33 pm »

Esteemed Secretdorf has said that their vote steal is temporary, unless the vote owner dies.

They have said a lot from the start of play about their powers, and much of it conflicts at least a little bit, their first claim was that every vote they gain is permanent, though later they said 'vote steal's permanent only if target dies'.

I'll rustle up all their power claims for my next post.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: January 01, 2024, 01:41:28 pm »

Maybe explain...literally anything about what you've done at night. In exact detail.
I did. Do you think I'm scum or SK-buddies (somehow) with Esteemed The Canadian kitten?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: January 01, 2024, 01:42:50 pm »

No. I don't know what's going on here, but his vote steal doesn't do that. This is a bizarre coincidence. Also, sofanthiel died by lynch, so...?

@Fallacyofurist: By default, what happens to stolen votes when the original owner dies?

If they're kept, it's possible he was randomized to NQT. If they're lost, then either SD must be mistaken or lying or there's another person with a regenerating vote (unlikely unless scum graverobbed sofanthiel's overpowered auto or something).

Esteemed sofanthiel and Esteemed notquitethere died N1, and Esteemed Jim Groovester had 2 extra votes having targeted Esteemed notquitethere that night, if I recall correctly.

PPE:

Have you been casually randomizing the entire game?

I'm not responsible for the kill on N4 on notquitethere and I'm not responsible for the kill attempts on NQT & sofanthiel on N1.

A part of me secretly hopes that I'm actually unknowingly killing people, since that would be fucking hilarious, but I don't think that's what's going on here.

Not casually no. Last night I didn’t know who to target, so I hit you again. It has utility if I hit town or scum, it just messes things up for figuring things out.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: January 01, 2024, 01:44:43 pm »

Not quoting because I can't be bothered to untangle the pyramid:

You're right. This is a really unfortunate coincidence. But MS and NQT both claim Egan, not Jim, was the killer.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: January 01, 2024, 01:45:45 pm »

It was really, really obviously Esteemed Egan_BW because of the roleblocking effect on investigators, yes, unless you think Esteemed webadict and Esteemed The Canadian kitten were in on faking it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: January 01, 2024, 01:46:25 pm »

@Max:
Full-claim.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: January 01, 2024, 01:47:46 pm »

It was really, really obviously Esteemed Egan_BW because of the roleblocking effect on investigators, yes, unless you think Esteemed webadict and Esteemed The Canadian kitten were in on faking it.

Hey man I don’t pay that much attention and it’s been like two weeks, I forgot.

I second calls for a full-claim from you though.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: January 01, 2024, 01:58:23 pm »

I watched Esteemed The Canadian kitten last night. That's all I could do. If I break my post restriction again, which I'm willing to do, that'll be all I can do tonight too. If you don't believe that takes a full action slot, given other similar actions like Esteemed notquitethere's that did, I don't know what to tell you. If you believe Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist gave me a free kill to use on top of that that I inexplicably decided to use only tonight, I don't know what to tell you there either.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten used the mentioned action tonight, which I seem to understand he did not previously have because it only exists after that worthy died and revived last time, so the only other way (that I can think of right now) you could conceive that I found out about it is to be told personally. So either tell me I'm in a groupchat with Esteemed The Canadian kitten or give it up.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: January 01, 2024, 02:02:00 pm »

I’d be pretty happy with Esteemed Secretdorf vengekilling Esteemed ToonyMan at this point.

Because the alternative to that is that Esteemed Imp did it and that’s why they refuse to break the restriction, or the other scum team is Esteemed Lenglon, Esteemed Elephant Parade, and Esteemed Jim Groovester.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: January 01, 2024, 02:02:14 pm »

Maximum Spin: I don't think you killed last night, I think ToonyMan or Secretdorf (most likely the former) killed last night. However, I think you're a night-untargetable serial killer with a merge ability, which is good reason to lynch you even if there's definitely at least one other scum player left in the game. If you don't want to be lynched, you have to convince us you're not a serial killer, not just that you didn't perform the kill last night (which is obvious except, apparently, to ToonyMan). Please claim.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: January 01, 2024, 02:10:03 pm »

Hmm, it's true that Hector's status effect would prevent you from performing a kill tonight. I think it's possible you're lying about having it, though. More than anything, you are incredibly shady and if that doesn't change, I would like you dead.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 207