Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79295 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1650 on: December 27, 2023, 12:51:37 pm »

How about you explain again and more clearly why you didn't want the Esteemed EuchreJack to request a votecount from you/were not going to grant it if that worthy did, but wanted anyone else to ask for one?
There's no mechanical or technical reason. I would have tried to fulfill his request if he had asked. I just didn't think he'd seriously ask for one at that time.

Can you explain this suspicion, and explain why you didn't discuss it earlier, and explain why you were firmly and clearly voting that person despite this suspicion?

Can you do anything that even slightly feels or looks town to me?
This suspicion arises from the fact that I have not been treated to Sofanthiel's role PM so for all I know what he's saying might be true. I'm not going to reiterate the reasons for why sofanthiel is likely scum. The suspicion is too weak to offset those reasons.

No, it's no longer possible for me to do anything that feels or looks town to you. I can't understand why. I just hope it is you or me being dumb, and not scum you trying to push a mislynch any way possible.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 27, 2023, 12:55:04 pm »

There's no mechanical or technical reason. I would have tried to fulfill his request if he had asked. I just didn't think he'd seriously ask for one at that time.

Esteemed EuchreJack asked you repeatedly why you refused it to him, and he even offered you one, twice.

Wasn’t it Esteemed Secretdorf that said they got benefits for doing vote counts at some point? Probably related to that.
Yup. I distinctly remember because I was excluded from the list of people that could make the request. But was that mean, or part of the conditions?
@Secretdorf: Could you do a vote count for me now? Were you unable to do one for me earlier?

@Secretdorf: Can I get a votecount? If not, is it personal preference or an ability restriction?

This does not feel town to me.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 27, 2023, 12:56:39 pm »

No, it's no longer possible for me to do anything that feels or looks town to you. I can't understand why. I just hope it is you or me being dumb, and not scum you trying to push a mislynch any way possible.

Weirdly the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal didn't seem to have that problem.  I'm not sure of that one.  I feel pretty sure of you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 27, 2023, 12:56:53 pm »

Secret: I understand why Imp's attitude bothers you, but it's just part of them being new but town. Hector's is the veteran version of the same feeling, and notice that Hector gets over that feeling and says your actions are NAI, not scummy. Imp's obvtown, don't worry about them.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 27, 2023, 12:57:08 pm »

Scum don’t need a vote to win the game.
Though it does help them gain majority quickly.
Quicker. They don’t need their own votes to do that. Letting the town lead themselves off a cliff, or otherwise give them a helping hand in the process achieves the same thing.

Esteemed Imp: can you explain how Esteemed Secretdorf either missing or refusing to answer that particular question is alignment indicative?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 27, 2023, 12:58:54 pm »

Esteemed Imp: can you explain how Esteemed Secretdorf either missing or refusing to answer that particular question is alignment indicative?

Sum total of all actions, inactions, and timing.  My instincts, and I know I can be wrong, but on, calmly and nicely, I point like a birddog, like a human that knows when to get out of a bar before the barfight, that one has a gun and they are ready to use it.

May have no value or place in this sort of game.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 27, 2023, 01:01:14 pm »

Secret: I understand why Imp's attitude bothers you, but it's just part of them being new but town. Hector's is the veteran version of the same feeling, and notice that Hector gets over that feeling and says your actions are NAI, not scummy. Imp's obvtown, don't worry about them.

I will second this.

Esteemed Imp, don’t worry so much about the what-ifs, worry about what you’ll do about them. If Esteemed sofanthiel doesn’t flip scum, what will you do? If Esteemed Secretdorf does gain Esteemed sofanthiel’s votes, what then? If the banished don’t return, what then? That kind of nonsense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 27, 2023, 01:02:43 pm »

Imp: metaphor doesn't have a place here, please be concise.

Your last post was: "I have a instinctive feeling that Secretdorf is scum, and trust my instincts".

Your heavy use of metaphor makes your posts hard to speed-read Imp, and I and others are often skipping them as a result.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: December 27, 2023, 01:04:06 pm »

Esteemed EuchreJack asked you repeatedly why you refused it to him, and he even offered you one, twice.

This does not feel town to me.
I was not active around the time he asked that, and when I did read those posts, better votecounts had already been provided. I failed to clarify this to Jack, my bad.

Sofanthiel Sofanthiel Sofanthiel

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 27, 2023, 01:04:37 pm »

[Redacted due to hammer]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 01:07:03 pm by sofanthiel »
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 27, 2023, 01:36:48 pm »

Right, let me tally up the votes. Nobody post.

The results do seem fairly obvious, but I'd still like to present an accurate vote count.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 27, 2023, 02:57:29 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
BlackHeartKabal (0):
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
notquitethere (0):
Secretdorf (1): notquitethere
sofanthiel (7): hector13, BlackHeartKabal, Jim Groovester, Lenglon, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

7 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (5): Elephant Parade, Imp, Maximum Spin, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan

sofanthiel stares you all down. The guillotine severs his helmet from his shoulders, and the skull inside clatters to the ground.

He's been dead a long, long time, really, lost on an eternal mission. Now he can finally rest.

sofanthiel was executed. sofanthiel was Mafia.

Autonomous Cosmonaut (Mafia)
(Innate, Auto) Eternal Mission: Time flickers backwards whenever your timeline would cease. When you are killed, you revive. When your role or abilities change due to external factors, they return to their previous state. When you gain a Status, you lose it. When you gain or lose votes, your votes reset to their previous count. This ability may trigger any number of times in a given phase, but after the phase is over, it goes on cooldown for one Cycle.
(Night) Temporal Guardian [target]: Your target is designated as an asset worth protecting. They gain the benefits of Eternal Mission for this Night. If it triggers for them, it will not go on cooldown.
(Night) Echo Scanning []: Your future self echoes the future back to you. Choose an action category: Investigative, Interference, Lethal, or Esoteric. You learn how many players’ initial action submissions contained actions of that category, this Night. (An action may belong to multiple categories.)
(1-Shot, Night) Event Horizon [target]: You drag your target beyond the beginning of time. They are banished - their presence is removed from the game. If you later die and do not immediately revive, your target is returned to the game.

With a ripple of spacetime, time's reversal temporally reverses, and Crystalizedmire and Knightwing64 are thrown back into reality, disoriented but none the worse for wear.

The banishment of Crystalizedmire and Knightwing64 has ended.

Night 3 has begun, and will end 2 PM Central time, Thursday, December 28th. This Night is only 24 hours long, as we're past the first two Cycles. Please submit your actions promptly.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 04:58:34 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (13 / 18) - Night 3 - Fission Mailed
« Reply #1662 on: December 28, 2023, 03:23:23 pm »

What time is it?

It's Night action processing time!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (13 / 18) - Night 3 - Fission Mailed
« Reply #1663 on: December 28, 2023, 07:07:56 pm »

Fortunately, you find no new corpses in the morning. (Just the old ones.)

Oddly enough though, Crystalizedmire is missing... again.

Crystalizedmire has been banished.

Quote from: Votebox
BlackHeartKabal (0):
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
notquitethere (0):
Secretdorf (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

8 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (15): BlackHeartKabal, Elephant Parade, hector13, Imp, Jim Groovester, Lenglon, Maximum Spin, notquitethere, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan

Day 4 has started. Day 4 will end December 30th - Saturday, 6 PM Central time, in approximately 48 hours. You may now post.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1664 on: December 28, 2023, 07:11:09 pm »

Secretdorf if you tried to fucking steal the same votes I tried to steal

we are going to have a problem
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 207