Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79259 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1890 on: December 29, 2023, 02:48:59 pm »

Esteemed Maximum Spin may have teammates to do those actions instead so it wouldn’t matter if he broke the conditions.
I mean, yes, but he'd be reducing his team's options in exchange for less towncred than he'd get just by claiming a protect each night. It doesn't make sense.

I believe what we're seeing is NAI.

Esteemed Maximum Spin does not like this post restriction (might not like any, period) and furthermore, it has a punishment on it for breaking it, instead of a reward for following it (For me, there may actually be a reward, could my lost role be floating in the steam?  That's enough for me, for without hope life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly).

However, that worthy decided to try and follow it.  And tried hard.

And then, unintentionally, through natural behavior patterns and without thought, broke it.

And appears to have thought, 'well, I hammered that consequence into myself' and experienced all those reactions.  Not unlike Esteemed EuchreJack freaking out, just another form of it.

Then the attempt to make it benefit in any way 'Well, it's a partial confirm I can't protect or kill tonight' - which I and Esteemed Hector13 could support, he sure knows a lot about that ability I know a lot about, and surely Esteemed Hector13 does too.  But not because Esteemed Maximum Spin chose and wanted the consequence - purely because that worthy believed the consequence inescapable and certain.

I might think the same, but I have now two roles that give me a lot of reason to check with the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist about anything I want to know more about or confirm I understand - even though some of the answers I get explain that gets explained after the game, because discussing it now could reveal things about the game's set up and such.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 29, 2023, 02:51:20 pm »

So you were just explaining the theory, not advocating for it?

Yes. Esteemed Maximum Spin is difficult to read, but he has been (much) more helpful than harmful to town so far. I just like to keep my mind open when it comes to him, hence these considerations.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 29, 2023, 02:52:05 pm »

So you were just explaining the theory, not advocating for it?
Yes. Esteemed Maximum Spin is difficult to read, but he has been (much) more helpful than harmful to town so far. I just like to keep my mind open when it comes to him, hence these considerations.
OK. Unvote.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 29, 2023, 02:53:31 pm »

I do believe this is the accurate current votecount:

BlackHeartKabal (2):  Maximum Spin,  hector13,
Secretdorf (2):  Imp, notquitethere,
Knightwing64 (1):  Jim Groovester,
hector13 (0):
notquitethere (0):
Elephant Parade (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

8 votes to hammer.  (16 votes in play)

Not Voting (11): BlackHeartKabal, Elephant Parade, Lenglon, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan, Elephant Parade,

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 29, 2023, 02:53:41 pm »

I do appreciate the literal vote of confidence, though, esteemed Pachyderm Promenade.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 29, 2023, 02:55:02 pm »

I'm leaning town on you right now, but my issue was with the theory, not the target thereof.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 29, 2023, 02:57:32 pm »

EBWOP... man these things are hard to be perfect with.

I do believe this is the accurate current votecount:

BlackHeartKabal (2):  Maximum Spin,  hector13,
Secretdorf (2):  Imp, notquitethere,
Knightwing64 (1):  Jim Groovester,
hector13 (0):
notquitethere (0):
Elephant Parade (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

8 votes to hammer.  (16 votes in play)

Not Voting (11): BlackHeartKabal, Elephant Parade, Lenglon, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan,

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 29, 2023, 03:01:35 pm »

...15 votes in play.  That's the error this time.  Otherwise probably perfect.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 29, 2023, 03:06:10 pm »

Unknown and impossible to confirm if redirected or not:
Esteemed The Canadian kitten, who got a 'town' result on a redirectable action that confirms the target didn't target The Canadian kitten or use a kill action that night.

I just want to clarify that I wouldn't know if the target used a kill action or not, I'll kill them automatically if they used a kill action and/or visited me.
So just a warning, if you're going to investigate me, tell me so I don't accidentally start murdering town

SecretDorf: Are you willing to not steal another vote for this night?

I am willing to lynch either Knightwing or BHK if we are unable to find a better lynch.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 29, 2023, 03:07:11 pm »

I'm leaning town on you right now, but my issue was with the theory, not the target thereof.
I know. I just wanted an excuse to say that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: December 29, 2023, 03:08:50 pm »

I am willing to lynch either Knightwing or BHK if we are unable to find a better lynch.

This is basically where I’m at.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: December 29, 2023, 03:25:02 pm »

This is basically where I’m at.
Either of those would be OK. I can probably prevent Secret from stealing any more votes tonight (though there are other things I could be doing).

I'd be happy eliminating BlackHeartKabal in particular.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: December 29, 2023, 03:34:17 pm »

I'd be happy eliminating BlackHeartKabal in particular.

Are you willing to explain why?

My read on Esteemed BlackHeartKabal:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But the balance is 'wincon not opposed to mine'.  I feel no urge to eliminate Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, and can see a lot of ways to verify their claims, block/control them, though there is the issue that a second mark might have unclaimed effects and sure, they could be scummiest scum there ever was.  But I'm really not feeling or reading that.

Also, they claim they get a free shot on someone they have marked.  If they're right about who has a mark, and that one isn't somehow protected, they take someone with them to the grave - does it matter how they die? 

I'm not afraid for myself for multiple reasons, I don't have that Marked By Death status.  Others do, and I don't think it helps us to eliminate this one at this time.  I also don't think the people I would most want to follow Esteemed BlackHeartKabal into death are at this time marked either.  But here's what that worthy claimed:

Right. I can confirm that I have a bomb strapped to me - or, well, the hood of my racecar, since there would be complications attaching a physical object to me. I am a roleblocker. If I visit someone, I roleblock them and apply Marked by Death, which, upon my own death, makes them a valid target for a one-shot kill. If I'm visited by a living player (Yes, a living player - take from that what you will, considering the prior text), I can't do anything that night, and Mark my visitor.

This is why I didn't claim before, and why I was so adamant about Jim being town after seeing his ability. The revivals are not my doing, and also have me on edge, because I don't know if those players are "technically dead" or something.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 29, 2023, 03:36:23 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> BlackHeartKabal  --2-- Maximum Spin*, hector13*,
-> Secretdorf       --2-- notquitethere*, Imp*,
Knightwing64        --1-- Jim Groovester*,
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Imp                 --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Lenglon             --0--
Maximum Spin        --0--
notquitethere       --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --10-- BlackHeartKabal, Elephant Parade*, Lenglon, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan,

8 to Hammer. Day ends on December 30, 2023 at 18:00 Central Standard Time (~27 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, no one has determined what happens.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 29, 2023, 03:37:45 pm »

Well, protects aren’t limited to just town teams, whereas willfully foregoing the ability to perform a kill in a game which only anti-town entities seem to have one is going to get more towncred.

Equally so he says he’s protecting people,  but might be doing horrible or otherwise different things, knowing his scum partners aren’t hitting the person he’s acting on, or says he’s acting on.
Is Jim not town then?

In addition: I have a kill I haven't used and I'm town. I've hinted at this heavily.

Given the choice between voting BlackHeart or Secretdorf I would rather vote BlackHeart. I think it's likely one is scum at least. I would like to see more from BlackHeart. Hector and Jim I find a little suspicious, moreso than Max.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 207