Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Exmortal - Sci-Fantasy Dungeon Shopkeepers - OOC  (Read 14390 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal - Sci-Fantasy Dungeon Shopkeepers - OOC
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2016, 03:06:59 pm »

Tomasque, do you mean the corpse's eye?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2016, 04:09:43 am »

Tomasque, do you mean the corpse's eye?
Missed this question. Yeah, I mean the targetting eye.

@GM:

"I have discovered important information regarding these spider creatures. I would be willing to share it in exchange for that metal eye."
Is saying this allowed, or is it against the spirit of the game?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2016, 06:09:09 am »

I have to say that probably won't fly. Afaik, heading down under to sell items to adventurers is supposed to be a group effort.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2016, 02:02:44 pm »

I'm going on vacation and will be generally unable to play for this week. Sorry.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2016, 03:51:23 pm »

Wunder, Gilles is the one carrying Solj at the moment since Raioyris spent some time doing surgery.
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2016, 07:41:23 pm »

@DBZ: I meant to ask this earlier, but how does the eye grant a bonus to Reflex rolls pertaining to ranged weapon attacks when you mentioned before that guns use a set dice pool?
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2016, 09:12:59 pm »

@GM:

"I have discovered important information regarding these spider creatures. I would be willing to share it in exchange for that metal eye."
Is saying this allowed, or is it against the spirit of the game?

Sorry for the late response. You can totally try to bargain with people and such. Arguing over who gets what loot is part of every group dungeon crawler. That's how interesting opportunities and rivalries form.

Another example: You split off from the party to explore a narrow passage too small for ordinary humans to fit through (Puppets can squeeze through), and discover a cool sword artifact. You could definitely try to keep it hidden from the other group members under the justification that they'd want to sell it, whereas you want to use it.

That said, I'm not sure if the information you have is worth handing over that piece of tech ;) At this point it's a bit petty.

@DBZ: I meant to ask this earlier, but how does the eye grant a bonus to Reflex rolls pertaining to ranged weapon attacks when you mentioned before that guns use a set dice pool?

Good question. A ranged attack uses 3 + the weapon's Strength as a baseline roll (yours are Strength 5, by the way, since they're hefty weapons mounted on a robot), and then you roll your Reflex in a separate pool. The 3+Strength/Bonuses adds regular Hits, while the Reflex contributes 'Skill' Hits that only apply to the extra difficulty added by modifiers such as evasion, camouflague, and such.

When you attack something, the difficulty of hitting it is equal to an Armor Value, 1 by default. Being in motion adds +1 to the difficulty, but counts as being evasive. Reflex can only nullify the evasive modifiers, it can't contribute Hits toward the Armor Value.

For an example, say you have 3 Strength and 3 Reflex, and +1 to using your gun due to feats. You attack something with 2 Armor Value, and it happens to be some kind of crazed psycho-ninja with +1 to its evasiveness in addition to the base +1 for moving. It's coming at you.

You attack, rolling 6 dice for the main pool and 4 reflex+bonus dice. You score 1 normal hit and 3 Skill hits. The Skill hits nullify the +2 evasion modifier, but since you didn't roll enough in the main pool to surpass the Armor Value, your shot glances off. (but since you hit the target you might hit an exposed trinket or piece of gear)

If you had rolled 3 Hits + 0 Skill, the difficulty of hitting the target is 4, and so your attack would miss.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:05:41 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2016, 12:10:13 am »

Hey, if someone will carry my friend here, I'll be mighty appreciative.

Looks at it.

Sup bro. Looks like you got a-head-of-yourself har har!

Look for atleast 2 more.
Read the rest of the post. You can easily find 2 more, just saying.
"Spider carcasses."

"Correct! Though to be fair, you did set them up for failure..." she says, chuckling.
"There's two types of spiders in this tunnel. They don't like each other. You'd do well to keep them apart."

(it feels like there was some spider massacre you think you described in a post that got deleted)
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2016, 12:22:10 am »

Looks at it.

Look for atleast 2 more.
Read the rest of the post. You can easily find 2 more, just saying.
"Spider carcasses."

"Correct! Though to be fair, you did set them up for failure..." she says, chuckling.
"There's two types of spiders in this tunnel. They don't like each other. You'd do well to keep them apart."

(it feels like there was some spider massacre you think you described in a post that got deleted)

Maybe this helps:

The entity known as Foreman deigned it best to stay put, as his combat capabilities are not exactly impressive. He should be awaiting your return.

Looks at it.

Look for atleast 2 more.

The attrition rate seems quite high, with spiders dropping out left and right. Wilbur backtracks to chase the stragglers down, and finds several spider bodies. Rather than crushed by blunt implements, these have been savaged by sharp points.

Wilbur moves to and fro, amassing a steadily-growing pile of spider carcasses which pile up near Raioyris, Milenus, Gilles, and the talking weapon. The pile has almost surpassed half the number of confirmed living spiders.

Some of the carcasses he passed by on his return trip seem to have disappeared.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2016, 04:11:13 am »

"The attrition rate seems quite high, with spiders dropping out left and right"

What is happening here?
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2016, 07:18:00 am »

To be honest, I thought that meant the mob was losing numbers simply due to movement and time. I didn't think that attrition meant "they're dying", hence why I didn't connect that line with the dead spiders.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2016, 02:54:30 pm »

To be honest, I thought that meant the mob was losing numbers simply due to movement and time. I didn't think that attrition meant "they're dying", hence why I didn't connect that line with the dead spiders.

I suppose my writing worked as intended, then. From an IC point of view it all happened out of sight.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2016, 04:49:33 pm »

I interpreted that to mean that spiders were wandering off and getting killed by something mysterious. This would have been somewhat concerning if Solj knew it was happening.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2016, 05:02:39 pm »

The "Immobilized" status isn't part of the list in the third GM post, by the way.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2016, 05:08:29 pm »

The "Immobilized" status isn't part of the list in the third GM post, by the way.

Oh, I meant to change that to knocked down, but thanks for telling me. I'll just add a special status to represent getting tangled or hit with foam. You'll be able to layer the status over multiple turns as well.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:11:49 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10