Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48701 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2016, 12:29:37 pm »

Wilbur thinks he sees a dead spider to scavage for spare parts.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2016, 05:23:04 pm »

"This level is only useful for training purposes. Unless some of you wish to explore for the fun of it, I suggest that we find passage to the next level."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2016, 07:52:29 pm »

"Yeah, but I still find the spiders interesting. It's hard no to, really, specially because they remind me of my first attempts." Gilles commented, hardsuit shifting on the spot it was standing on as its cameras tracked the movements of the small robots.

Ready to move towards the deeper levels. Maybe see if it's possible to entice a spider to follow along.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2016, 08:00:34 pm »

(pretty sure there's a good chance of at least one)
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2016, 11:47:24 pm »

"Deal. Gilles talk to me about our business plan. Goods? Services? Goods and services?"

Attempt to override the spiders? Have them follow as carriers. Also follow, don't want to needlessly slow the party down.

Hermia follows close in a bird trot.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:51:34 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2016, 01:33:51 am »

Wilbur thinks he sees a dead spider to scavage for spare parts.

So it begins. [3+1 (for being familiar) -> 1]

Wilbur's vestigial spider senses kick in. Quaffing the smell of spilled lubricant, it's actually quite easy to find a corpse as the smell wafts up through the barred window on each door. You head into the passage until it gets too dark to see, and find a mangled spider whose head was smashed in by some kind of blunt attack. The globe-like eyes are crushed, and shifting the body causes glowing liquid to seep out.

"Yeah, but I still find the spiders interesting. It's hard no to, really, specially because they remind me of my first attempts." Gilles commented, hardsuit shifting on the spot it was standing on as its cameras tracked the movements of the small robots.

Ready to move towards the deeper levels. Maybe see if it's possible to entice a spider to follow along.
"Deal. Gilles talk to me about our business plan. Goods? Services? Goods and services?"

Attempt to override the spiders? Have them follow as carriers. Also follow, don't want to needlessly slow the party down.

Hermia follows close in a bird trot.

[3 -> 1][3+2 -> 4][5 hits total]

The spiders are extremely simplistic creatures. Raioyris' ethereal connection allows him to probe the counteractive spiders as well. Their thoughts consist of a mere "Hopeless. Placate."
By carrying a lock with you, the counteractive spiders follow in a horde. And it seems that by carrying a door (or perhaps half of one, just to fit it in the hallway), the naturally defensive spiders can be made to follow as well. You are able to surround yourselves with a swarm of spiders. You notice a slow attrition behind you, however, and in the end you have thirteen spiders total following in a line.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2016, 01:59:35 am »

Hey, if someone will carry my friend here, I'll be mighty appreciative.

Looks at it.

Sup bro. Looks like you got a-head-of-yourself har har!

Look for atleast 2 more.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2016, 02:05:16 am »

Sing a little tune to pass the time.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2016, 03:01:39 am »

"Hermia!" Hermia flutters into Raioyris arms.

Raioyris marches down further into the Labyrinth, see if I can't tamper with the 'souls' of these spiders, perhaps changing their logic? Follow me? Guard me? Can I use my special locus to network with them? That is if mage power is ineffective.

If I can't find the smallest fraction of a door I can carry to keep the spiders in tow.

These are might prove useful for harboring ghosts.

"Perhaps these spiders can carry you until we need a weapon."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 03:05:33 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2016, 09:53:21 am »

Gilles just shrugged when Wilbur failed to provide him with an answer and scurried away instead. He focused on trying to make some extra little friends, and soon enough he and Raioyris had quite a following. "It's kind of endearing how simple they are, but the path ahead might be too dangerous for so many of them." the Aurogen commented as he casually waved a door chunk around.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2016, 03:44:07 pm »

The entity known as Foreman deigned it best to stay put, as his combat capabilities are not exactly impressive. He should be awaiting your return.

Hey, if someone will carry my friend here, I'll be mighty appreciative.

Looks at it.

Sup bro. Looks like you got a-head-of-yourself har har!

Look for atleast 2 more.

The attrition rate seems quite high, with spiders dropping out left and right. Wilbur backtracks to chase the stragglers down, and finds several spider bodies. Rather than crushed by blunt implements, these have been savaged by sharp points.

Sing a little tune to pass the time.

The hallway sings back.

"Hermia!" Hermia flutters into Raioyris arms.

Raioyris marches down further into the Labyrinth, see if I can't tamper with the 'souls' of these spiders, perhaps changing their logic? Follow me? Guard me? Can I use my special locus to network with them? That is if mage power is ineffective.

If I can't find the smallest fraction of a door I can carry to keep the spiders in tow.

These are might prove useful for harboring ghosts.

"Perhaps these spiders can carry you until we need a weapon."

You issue a command as your amulet flashes white, illuminating the hall for a brief few moments. During the flash, Millenus spies a carcass in the corner, and Gilles notices a rectangular seam in the wall.

The spider entourage is receptive to Mage Power, and soon enough Raioyris is able to give them orders according to their nature: Fortify, o r for the counteractive spiders, Clear the Way.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 02:44:20 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2016, 05:45:53 pm »

"...Hmm, did you see that?" Gilles asked before moving towards the wall and checking it. He began examining the area, the suit's auxiliary skeletal arms trying to find the seam and wrench it open.

Do as the flavor says.
>Yes?

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2016, 06:16:33 pm »

"See what?"

If Gilles tells Raioyris about the seam extend my locus from my spine to pry away at seam.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:00:43 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2016, 06:34:53 pm »

"Wilbur, you used to do that, right? Do you know how to undo locks?"
(Ah. Would it be lazy of me to ask for #Wilbur in black font when someone needs me to respond/act, sometimes it can get lost in the fonts and colors the little things)

Start dropping off the carcasses on my party members. (RPing I didn't hear question)

Here!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2016, 08:57:21 pm »

"This rectangular seam here." Gilles replied to Raiyoris, running mechanical fingers along the hidden lines to show exactly what he meant.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37