Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Exmortal - Sci-Fantasy Dungeon Shopkeepers - OOC  (Read 14349 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Exmortal - Sci-Fantasy Dungeon Shopkeepers - OOC
« on: December 10, 2016, 10:40:57 pm »

IC Thread

Marianas is a mostly arid planet, having most of its water locked up in glaciers near the poles; endless tundra spans the tropics, leaving pockets of marsh and swampland fed by brooks along the equator. The atmosphere is thin, but what little life remains since the world's glory days, has kept oxygen levels at least partly breathable; in low-altitude areas, such as the dried-up trenches almost ubiquitous along the surface, the atmosphere is thick enough for humans to breath outside.

Seven eras saw seven civilizations rise and fall. Each civilization developed artificial intelligences, massive pyramidal habitats, and globe-spanning trade networks. But life is just a fragile thing, and one by one disaster struck the colonies. Unable to support large human populations, the globe-spanning empires have receded into obscurity, focusing their efforts on maintaining Sanctuaries scattered across the planet, megacities in which most of the population is locked up in stasis. Much of their tech, too, has been lost, with the decline of the literate population and a severe population shortage, down to the single-digits in some eras.

Now, nothing but mere fragments of tech remain, carried with the survivors of mankind as mementos and useful tools. Their inner workings are like magic, for what the current humans know of it. But scattered fragments of an ancient era are no means to build up a flourishing civilization, and so the majority of current humans live in the dark areas, places with little connection to the ways of the past and their technology.
There is one place left where the prospects for finding ancient tech are more than certain: The Lost Sanctuary of the Aurogen, a once-self-contained world of its own, extending deep underground. For aeons its robotic caretakers have built up the halls according to the original plan written down in the Codex Labyrinthum, but said plans have since endured data corruption and outdated directive due to geological shifts. The result is a treasure-trove of tech, filled with a practically random maze of environments shaped by Codex decay, leaving few survivors to tell of its perils.

It's as dangerous as it sounds, diving into the belly of an unknown beast, and you've come to acknowledge that the upper floors must have been stripped of their original treasure by now. But as they say, in a gold rush, the miners are not the ones who strike it rich, but rather the ones supplying the miners. You've aligned yourself with a group of like-minded thinkers looking to turn a profit not by delving into ancient depths yourselves, but by equipping those that do and reaping the benefits.

Oh, and be sure to introduce yourself to the others.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Current Player Characters (6/6):
Raioyris AKA WunderKatze
Mattias Johan AKA Azywing
SO5lgs AKA Egan_BW
Gilles Charron AKA Caellath
Wilbur AKA Roseheart
Zeke AKA HighEndNoob

In Reserve:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:48:11 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal - Sci-Fantasy Dungeon Shopkeepers
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 10:41:49 pm »

This second post is reserved for lore.

Spoiler: Life (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clades (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Numina and Ghosts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:56:55 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 10:42:58 pm »

This post is reserved for my character sheet. I will be posting it shortly.

EDIT: Sorry.

EDIT: Here it is.

EDIT: Fixed the math.

Spoiler: Mattias Johan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 03:02:29 pm by AzyWng »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 10:43:13 pm »

(._.) This was supposed to be the third post.

This third fourth post is reserved for mechanics. Whenever a roll is made I'll post the results either as [-] if I don't want you to know the result, or otherwise something like [3+3STR = 1 Hit] or [3+2REF = 0 Hits], where the first number is the number of dice rolled, and the number of Hits is how many 5+'s you got.

The rolling system isn't all that relevant to the gameplay, there's just a specific probability distribution that I wanted.

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:07:13 am by _DivideByZero_ »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 10:44:28 pm »

Ha ha ha- reserved.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:29:51 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 11:54:49 pm »

Spoiler: Millenus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 12:15:20 am by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 12:01:10 am »

Snip. I wouldn't suit this game very well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:30:38 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 12:15:21 am »

Spoiler: Roboson (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:01:46 pm by Roboson »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 01:24:56 am »

Reserved.

Spoiler: "Foreman" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:09:53 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 01:39:45 am »

~We're all speed and reflex characters :l
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 01:44:00 am »

Spoiler: Wilbur (click to show/hide)

Quote from: GM
The elevator might require repairs, the rest of the stuff is fine. I'm going to tell you now rather than later that explicitly being a Labyrinth denizen means I get to probably mess around with your backstory to fit the plot.

Ooh goody, self discovery info nuggets. I look forward to collecting them.

Spoiler: bonjour! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 03:19:23 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 01:48:54 am »

Heads-up, I intended for the whole "people are thawed rather than born" thing to mean that most people are raised inside the sanctuaries as children, not that most people had a past life. Of course, you are welcome to stick with what you have right now. I'm just pointing out that it's not the norm for the majority of the population.

This post is reserved for my character sheet. I will be posting it shortly.

EDIT: Sorry.

EDIT: Here it is.

Spoiler: Mattias Johan (click to show/hide)

I won't exactly let you build turrets and stuff from scratch. You'll need to cannibalize artifacts for parts and base weapons. Utility-based characters are nice.

Spoiler: Millenus (click to show/hide)

There's no morale penalties in the mechanics, just to let you know. All mental stuff like INT is based on your character actually acting intelligently. ;)

The feats aren't specific at all. What does 'perfection' entail?

Reserved.

Spoiler: "Foreman" (click to show/hide)

Looks good. The androids sound like fun. It looks like you might be still adding stuff so feel free to finish this whenever. The mining drones are a good spot to be more specific with feats though.

Spoiler: Wilbur (click to show/hide)

Human is 0. 3 is twice human, -3 is half human which is sort of where the system breaks down as it locks you out of basic strength tasks like carrying heavy objects and bashing down doors. You probably don't want to go below that.

The elevator might require repairs, the rest of the stuff is fine. I'm going to tell you now rather than later that explicitly being a Labyrinth denizen means I get to probably mess around with your backstory to fit the plot.

Spoiler: bonjour! (click to show/hide)

This. This is good.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:00:01 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 12:25:56 pm »

Perfection - in my character's terms - means becoming the most powerful (immortal, invincible, all-powerful, all-seeing) and most pure (amoral, symmetrical, asexual, unblemished). In Millenus's mind, the second and a little of the first has already been achieved.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 12:30:52 pm »

I'm not going to have time to make my character until later on today. Waitlist me if someone else comes along (or if it's already full)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 01:03:43 pm »

Heads-up, I intended for the whole "people are thawed rather than born" thing to mean that most people are raised inside the sanctuaries as children, not that most people had a past life. Of course, you are welcome to stick with what you have right now. I'm just pointing out that it's not the norm for the majority of the population.

..Farmed/Grown/Harvisted/Synthicated, or Parented/Schooled/Taken care of in an open evironment laughing and playing and having a good time while they matured?

There's no morale penalties in the mechanics, just to let you know. All mental stuff like INT is based on your character actually acting intelligently. ;)

As far stats go, focus on the shop, that's my advice. Just make expeditions and what not a roll for success, or you'll be designing two games.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 01:09:42 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10