Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Exmortal - Sci-Fantasy Dungeon Shopkeepers - OOC  (Read 14346 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Exmortal - Sci-Fantasy Dungeon Shopkeepers - OOC
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2016, 12:16:25 am »

Ah, ok. The intention was good but you really need to have a very strong single sentence if that's all its going to rest on.

I assumed that one of the other players was killing them and I just was not seeing it. (like I couldn't find the post on it for some reason)

When you left hints with how the carcasses were destroyed I had the impression that was from some kind of battle in the past. Or just the remnants of years of travelers coming in and out and the occasional one picking a fight with these things. I didnt ever suspect the battle was happening now but I did suspect something was scavenging them when you were saying they were disappearing.

Most likely that they were being turned back on by their friends. Or taken to a place where they could be.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:24:45 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2016, 12:25:13 am »

If something is actively scavenging them, they can't be all that old.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2016, 12:26:30 am »

I kind of figured that when we weren't there the spiders were just kind of sitting around doing nothing hibernating. But we woke em up and then they started kicking into repair mode. I understand now that this was not the actual narrative.

I also thought that we had a fairly good grip on our surroundings and that we would have seen or heard or been more aware of any kind of action taking place like that. A hidden battle seemed to be the derivative conclusion.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:29:17 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2016, 12:54:26 am »

Ah, ok. The intention was good but you really need to have a very strong single sentence if that's all its going to rest on.

I assumed that one of the other players was killing them and I just was not seeing it. (like I couldn't find the post on it for some reason)

When you left hints with how the carcasses were destroyed I had the impression that was from some kind of battle in the past. Or just the remnants of years of travelers coming in and out and the occasional one picking a fight with these things. I didnt ever suspect the battle was happening now but I did suspect something was scavenging them when you were saying they were disappearing.

Most likely that they were being turned back on by their friends. Or taken to a place where they could be.

The intention was to have you think "Oh, something's killing them. Better investigate," not to hand you the information straight up.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2016, 06:25:16 am »

Yep, I understood that much now. I might've been sloppy in my assumptions.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2016, 11:45:39 am »

I'm back... Where is my character again in relation to the rest of the party?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2016, 11:55:06 am »

I'm back... Where is my character again in relation to the rest of the party?

Standing by, presumably next to Millenus and Wilbur.

Welcome back!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2016, 04:14:26 pm »

The intention was to have you think "Oh, something's killing them. Better investigate," not to hand you the information straight up.
(see bolded text)

I want to part ways with the others for now. Do I have a internal or external way of setting up communication with the others? Perhaps some kind of communications terminal at my store? Or within myself connected to the mechanical beings. Be good if my store has some kind of intercom or some kind of thing. Not that I expect much from it being a locker room.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2016, 04:25:15 pm »

Since pretty much every game these days has an easy way of communicating between players these days, I'm going to try to be different and say no, there's no easy spell that will let you just open up a communication channel. There's no cell phone towers, and even if there were, the walls are no good for reception. If another of you were a Magician, that would be a different story... but for now you'll have to wire something up, or maybe use carrier pigeon analogues. Raioyris has a bird, maybe you could... negotiate something.

Alternatively you might encounter a Magician sometime soon, so you could try using him to communicate with Raioyris and relay messages from there.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:27:04 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2016, 05:14:02 pm »

So are we going to role play that we don't know what is going on? The alternatives are:
• forcing the group to stick together
• taking PM actions
• forbidding viewing spoiler actions(like I did here)

I suppose I'll just automatically put my actions in the spoiler while I'm away from the group.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2016, 08:58:34 pm »

We'll do spoilers.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2016, 12:53:57 am »

I don't see need for spoilers, except possibly in the case of Sudden Yet Inevitable Betrayal.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2016, 01:41:45 am »

Yeah, well, if you feel like just posting your actions openly, go ahead. I won't enforce it. But if you want to betray people, go ahead and request spoilers/PMs. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 02:30:16 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2016, 02:26:26 am »

And I'd go ahead and break out the PMs for betrayal. Not that Gun is in any state to betray, like, anyone.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2016, 03:41:54 pm »

AzyWng, I think Johan is either alone back close to where he was uncocooned or beyond the gate in case he's followed us. In the former case, you could follow the noise and find us, but in the latter, you should read up because we're in combat.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10