Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48715 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2016, 04:02:17 am »

"I have discovered important information regarding these spider creatures. I would be willing to share it in exchange for that metal eye."

Attempt reverse the lens, so that farther images become the sharper ones. Then examine this movement that was mentioned, while waiting for a reply.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:13:14 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2016, 07:25:57 am »

Gilles was about to start asking questions about the clotted blood and scar when the living gun piped up about movement. The Absalom readily scooped the gun up, though Gilles avoided aiming just then. "Where's it coming from, Solj? And do you have non-lethal rounds? I've made my name doing takedowns without damaging goods, you see."

Prepare for incoming contact, aiming lasso, autocannon (and Solj if it has non-lethal ammo).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:47:01 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2016, 01:29:10 pm »

"Contact should be down the hall, opposite to the direction we arrived from. Switching to softer rounds."

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2016, 03:19:36 pm »

"The spider eyes are able to focus will without distorting vision, and are very sensitive to nearby motion, but at the consequence of blurring faraway objects.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2016, 08:12:04 pm »

"Got it, and much appreciated." Gilles then took aim, swinging the talking weapon with one of the suit's heavy arms to point down the indicated direction.

The bulky man briefly wondered why a weapon like Solj was made so intelligent without a way of moving itself, but like usual he decided to shelve that fell under the "the ancients are always right" answer.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2016, 02:48:22 am »

Examining his handy work, Raioyris' eyebrow raises "You know when they say 'it isn't surgery?'

Well, it might as well be, because this wasn't that hard."

Gather the memory metal and the eye. Raiyoris unclips the holster on his Samurai Edge, preparing to unload on any hostile that appears.

Hermia stares afar.

Call the spiders to position behind me in nice ranks.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2016, 03:03:59 am »

Wilbur just seems to be a slightly out of formation unit in Raioyris' army, coincidentally.

Humoring the situation he tries to fit in but doesn't quite match their precision.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2016, 03:31:34 am »

"I have discovered important information regarding these spider creatures. I would be willing to share it in exchange for that metal eye."

Attempt reverse the lens, so that farther images become the sharper ones. Then examine this movement that was mentioned, while waiting for a reply.

[4 -> 1] Millenus delves deeper into the subject of optics. Fortunately for him, the subject of nearsightedness and farsightedness is not actually based on the shape of the lens, but by the physical properties of the system. By adding some distance between the lens and retina, the whole system becomes more like a regular eye, but it loses some of its motion sensitivity. It's also not quite as compact, so it can't be arrayed as easily as a spider's many eyes.

"Heads up, there's some movement ahead. I cannot discern its structure, but it may be hostile."

Try to figure out what's ahead. Maybe thermals would give a better picture?
If possible in the same action, switch to non-lethal bullets.

[3 -> 2] Solj manufactures a plethora of non-lethal rounds: low velocity shells with little momentum and a high structural integrity to minimize deadly fragmentation. The intent is to loosen joints and perhaps cause pain, if the target is biological.
The scans continue, and the thermal spectrum reveals... nothing warmer than the dank air of the labyrinthine webworks.

Gilles was about to start asking questions about the clotted blood and scar when the living gun piped up about movement. The Absalom readily scooped the gun up, though Gilles avoided aiming just then. "Where's it coming from, Solj? And do you have non-lethal rounds? I've made my name doing takedowns without damaging goods, you see."

Prepare for incoming contact, aiming lasso, autocannon (and Solj if it has non-lethal ammo).

Gilles prepares his autocannon, and because there is little room to evade in the tunnel, there will be little room for the target to avoid fire (-1 Evasiveness of target).

Examining his handy work, Raioyris' eyebrow raises "You know when they say 'it isn't surgery?'

Well, it might as well be, because this wasn't that hard."

Gather the memory metal and the eye. Raiyoris unclips the holster on his Samurai Edge, preparing to unload on any hostile that appears.

Hermia stares afar.

Call the spiders to position behind me in nice ranks.

Millenus seems to protest Raioyris' acquisition of the eye, but it seems priorities are priorities. Rai issues the command to his spider throng...

But they seem to be acting under a different master.

Solj was the first to pick up the footsteps. Graceful like the down feather that glides across the floor as one attempts to sweep it up, a female in a colourless gown strides into view. The thermal sensors still pick up nothing.

"Careful where you point those things," She sits down crosslegged, as a spider gravitates and sits on her lap.
"These little ones won't stand a chance. Look at how many you've killed so far!"
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2016, 03:51:17 am »

"Subject does not seem to emit heat. Possibly... spectral in nature?

It is not this unit's intention to harm, only to protect fellow sentients. It has not come to this unit's attention that the group has been harming native lifeforms. Please elaborate."

Devote all spare processing power to overwatch. If this figure acts with hostile intent, I want to know before a human could react.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2016, 05:58:25 am »

Gilles suspected there was something wrong, but there wasn't much he could do aside from answering truthfully. "Miss, that's offensive. I haven't killed any spider, and I make a point of not doing it." he replied. It was true; he even watched his suit's feet to avoid crushing them under the Absalom's heavy steps, though he doubted the scurrying things could be crushed by something that slow anyway.
>Yes?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2016, 09:43:26 am »

Hey, where's everybody going? Wilbur remarks to his drone minded spider peers.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2016, 03:15:30 pm »

Raioyris frowns. "Those were mine..."

With a whistle Raioyris calls Hermia to his shoulder. He doesn't raise Solj though.

"What's your deal," Raioyris grumbles.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 03:29:52 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2016, 08:31:41 pm »

Reverse turn my eyes back into the normal spider eyes to examine the woman better. Try and see what makes her move silently.
Money!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2016, 01:59:35 am »

"Hmmph," she gives a curt frown. Her hair flows back to reveal empty black eyes, staring at nothing.

"What are these then." she nods toward the spiders behind her, doubling back, holding the carcasses of their fallen brethren.

Reverse turn my eyes back into the normal spider eyes to examine the woman better. Try and see what makes her move silently.

[7 -> 3] She hardly makes contact with the floor. Millenus can see her clothing stiffen and contract to form waves across its surface, as if flowing in the wind, but it seems a bit exaggerated for simply walking through a still passage. Perhaps this has something to do with her movement.

"Subject does not seem to emit heat. Possibly... spectral in nature?

It is not this unit's intention to harm, only to protect fellow sentients. It has not come to this unit's attention that the group has been harming native lifeforms. Please elaborate."

Devote all spare processing power to overwatch. If this figure acts with hostile intent, I want to know before a human could react.

The target presents a radar signature. That indicates either a considerable amount of biomass... or that the target is made out of a conductive material.

Solj continues scanning closely. The Banshee continues sitting down and makes no advances, but the spiders are closing in.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 02:08:20 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2016, 02:02:19 am »

"Spider carcasses."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37