Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217895 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #615 on: April 15, 2013, 06:05:48 pm »

(I'm at posting at the library where their computers haven't discovered the wonders of tabulated browsing and the 'ctrl' key has been disabled. As such, I'll be answering questions one post at a time, so please bear with me...)
What sort of hell do you live in?

Still voting notquitethere for a)tying the vote to save himself and b)selling out his vote to Toaster.
I see nothing wrong with that in the context. Why do you feel it was worth voting on?

Fine. Last night I used an ability that made me immune to all night actions.
Quite the precipitous claim. Why did you feel the need to post it now?

- I am immune to kills from my lovers picks. I omitted this information before to set this trap. Now that there's been no night kill it strongly confirms my suspicions: there's a high chance that one of my lovers tried to kill me last night. A scum or 3rd party lover would have a massive incentive to kill me before I was able to reveal who they were.
If you think it's so likely that they're scum then maybe you should tell us who they are. This little magic act grows tiresome.

Zrk2
-snip-
Good point. Tiruin, I'll be taking a look at you.
Bah, deleted my post detailing why Tiruin. After going through your posts though I do agree with TWS.
This flagrant display of anything near the meaning of common sense irks me.

Why the FoS.
> I agree with TWS. My post got deleted, though my wording doesn't appropriately say that. Change of conscience or just laying down a blank?
> I'll ask you, why.
> I agree with TWS...Is what I'm thinking you'd say next. I understand the pressure of exams and all, but you could've typed a few words detailing anything. ANYTHING REGARDING YOUR CASE.

Come on Zrk. Reasons. Flailing with your vote there.
At the time I was pissed off at the loss of all that typing and really didn't want to go back and write up my thinking again.

First: One thing has been confirmed, he can't vote. It doesn't show up on the list so for one reason or another, he's telling the truth there.
It seems to me that we may have stumbled into a mild bastard mod here. The iffy flavour that we can never get an answer on... this... various other small comments have also supported this idea. Mod, are you sure we aren't in a bastard mod?

Zrk: Unless you can explain your case against Tiruin, (deleted or not, rewrite it) it just seems like your going for an "i don't care what you are, die" vote again. And why no questions for me, who you left your vote on for most of day 1? What are your thoughts on the third crazy claim/strings post NQT has made? And do you believe Sheep's explanation of the lack of an NK? How about NQT's? And do you think you know what went down last night?
His strings and revisions Are bothering me. He seems to be making it up as he goes along... NQT these little strings you keep pulling out are BS. Own up to what your role actually does or stop using it as an excuse not to scumhunt.

Now, what do you think of the lack of NK? Who would you have targeted with the NK? With a roleblock? With a protect?

Zrk2
I'm interested in what you make of Vector, particularly now that you know she targeted you in the night.  What's your read on her?  Do you have more info on her now than you did before you knew she targeted you?
Vector has been there. Not as active as usual for town Vector, but nothing terribly bad. I'm leaning town, but so far I would say null tell. As for why she targeted me, I don't know. I am an unorthodox target for any night action. I would need to know the nature of her action before I could deduce anything about her role from it.

Vector: What action did you use on me?

If they're both scum, then Vector and Zrk2 are different alignments (86%), they know who to double-kill, and they have (or possible, had) the trust of most of the people here. NQT also can't be killed by his lover-targets, if they had kills, unless of course
Two things:
Could you complete the sentence?
Why do we know that Vector and Zrk2 are different alignments if they're both scum?
1. Thanks for noticing. :P "unless of course he's bluffing".
2. If they're both scum, then
 a) if Vector's scum, and Zrk2 is town, then anyone who also saw that Vector went to Zrk2 gets even more reason to believe NQT's towniness. And the "Zrk2 ability to see who is targeting him" could be Vector's ability-inspect.
 b) if Vector's town, and the scum team (including zrk2) knows that Vector targeted Zrk2, then it's added trust from Vector.
 c) if they're both town, then it would also sort-of make sense (hence the missing 11%), except that it's very possible that they made it up.
 d) if they're ALL SCUM, then it is an insane gambit which just might work (3%). But I think this is very unlikely, because someone else can call them out.
Would you mind cluing me in on where you are pulling these numbers from? Statistics? Your ass? You gut?

Couldn't Vector not have know that Zrk2 was a fellow town, and used an inspect or similar on him?  The scum (in this scenario NQT and Ranger) know this through some inspect, and are telling us to throw confusion everywhere.  That sorta seems like the most likely scenario to me.
That sounds pretty complex for a N1 move. Occam's razor, my friend.

-snip-
I can vouch for the names part; one of my abilities requires the names of someone else's ability names to work.

Is this a question? My lovers ability was a one-shot day-or-night. I could have received the information about Zrk2 and Vector from another player's ability. It's not in my interests to speculate here.
Why not?

On Tiruin:
You have been inconsistent on your scumhunting, most notably on TolyK, then you have tried to minimize/deflect the cases presented against you instead of addressing them. Your scumhunting has been hit and miss and your responses have not been conducive to good scumhunting by others.

Finally, I think it is rather early to call for an extend.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #616 on: April 15, 2013, 06:51:07 pm »

That's a lot of stuff.

First of all: Unless more information comes out, we won't know whether NQT or I was targeted, or even someone else who got lucky with a protect. But NQT's claim doesn't mean I'm lying, Ranger.

Why I claimed:

My ability was a one-shot. It doesn't have a whole lot of effect on the game anymore, and since information helps town, I thought it was best. This is my first experience with role-heavy games like this, so I'm not sure when a good time to claim is.

Now, one thing pokes out at me about NQT:

He was planning to use his lovers/chat ability on himself. Why himself, when it gave lovers status? Did you feel it was worth it, NQT?

Also, why would your lovers be more likely to kill you than others? Oh wait. Just found some of your reasoning:
My argument is this: 1. I'm immune to kills from lovers. 2. The lovers wouldn't have known this. 3. Scum lovers would have a big incentive to kill me before I out them. 4. The results of the night are consistent with me being targeted by scum lovers. There are of course many other possible occurences, but until I have further info, I can't rule out the possibility just described.
Wait, how would you out them if you don't know they're scum? The only way you'd have that kind of information is if what happened did happen. But since you'd have had to have that information before the attempted kill, this becomes circular reasoning.

Ranger:
Sheep: What do you think of NQT's explanation of the missing NK, and do you think he was the real target last night?
I don't know; it's hard to tell. I didn't claim because I was sure it was me, I claimed because it might have been. Also, see my second question to NQT.

ZU:
Your last two posts give no impression of being hurried, and they're not PFP. Why do they have very little substance? Do you have nothing to contribute to the conversation?

Tiruin:
TWS
Tiruin: Forgot to vote you in my WoT. Anyway:

First of all, perhaps I didn't make this clear enough:

The reason I'm voting you is that I think you lied. I don't think you actually wrote that post to TolyK.
There's other stuff, but that's the main thing.
Then who in the world would I've written that post to?! You vote me because you think I lied - reasonable. So why aren't you poking at anything that correlates to that presumed lie?
Sorry, I mean I don't think you wrote a post. "to TolyK" was clarifying which post. Not sure what you mean by the last sentence, though. You mean asking why you didn't ask TolyK about not answering your questions? You already told me why, and I don't believe you.

Yes I did know it was staying on TolyK. For reasons that:
1. He took most of the weekend because seemingly RL stuff.
1. Is this a reason why you re-voted him, or a reason you find him suspicious, or what? I'm not sure I'm getting at what you mean.
1. ...Yeah, that's the reason I re-voted him. I did think that I posted a reply to his post and thus went on to re-vote him due to the lack of answer to it...only to find that the thing didn't post.
If there's other stuff you mentioned, would you please quote/link it? I'm meaning main reasons, not little additional stuff.
His absence, for a general list of things I'd want to know more about him. I was getting a null read on the guy. Main reasons - he hasn't done much.
A null read? Huh.
She said that she had typed out a post asking TolyK questions and it had forgotten to submit it, and that was why she was suspicious of Tolyk, for not answering questions.
I was suspicious of TolyK for more than that...Are you ignoring what else I conversed about, or blatantly tunneling?
Contradicting yourself, aren't you?

...Dear gods. OK, you think I'm lying > Why. Why.

Alright. I guess I didn't emphasize the meat of my case on you quite enough. Here it is.

I think Tiruin is lying. The reason for this is that she did not mention the questions she said she forgot to post a single time, even though she said TolyK missing those questions was her main reason for voting him. I see no evidence to her having made those questions.

Now there is another thing I think you're lying about, and that is thinking my vote was a pressure vote. I know that you say it shouldn't have made a difference in whether people take my vote/case seriously or not, but I seems to me it did. When I first made my case, Ford and Zombie Urist came along and voted on it. When you told everyone you saw my vote as a pressure vote, and I didn't have time to tell them otherwise, the suspicion on you went down by quite a bit(see: Ford's unvoting you). That's just how I see it. You say it shouldn't have worked, but it did.

...You know, I'm sort of getting how you view things now. You're taking these things too seriously - like most things said to you are in their extremes. Why are you delving that deep into what wasn't said? [Meaning: Paranoia.]

@Bolded part: ...Ok, get some rest. You're really overthinking everything - more than I overthink everything...Because that last line is just bordering the lines of grammar and sense.

Someone would kill you, to try to kill you, to frame me. How does that work? They killed me in trying to kill me and then frame the girl because killing someone in the effort of trying to kill someone is very suspicious.
Yeah, I guess I am taking things too seriously. I think a lot of it has to do with trying to prove myself, this being my first "real" game.

That was a mistyping, by the way. Isn't that easy to figure out? It should have been "someone else would kill me to try to frame her", or, "someone else would kill me to frame her".

That makes no sense. Mostly because a TON OF OTHER VARIABLES EXIST, and that in the case of 'NK your suspect' - a thousand other variables would come into play. Too many to list; like "what was that person's relations with the others", "how did they react to the cases presented against/before them", "Why would suspect A be the killer?"...
Also, why did you take that thing seriously? Why did you think that you would be my target?
I guess. A big reason is that I thought you were scum. Since it seemed like my case on you was losing traction without me, I thought you might try to kill me to keep my case from progressing, and then use WIFOM as your coverup.

TWS: Why didn't you question me on anything else earlier? Given your case - you aren't poking on my reads, any other detail that would back it up but deriving the whole thing mostly on an assumption. Do you think that if you're dead, people will drop the case you're trying to push? Why are you thinking along the lines of paranoia? Was the day opening anything to do with your claim?
I didn't poke at your reads because that's not what I thought was scummy. Just because everything about a person isn't scummy, doesn't mean that an incredibly scummy thing means nothing.

Bolded part: Talked about this earlier in this post.

Paranoia? I'm a cautious person. Maybe too cautious.

The day opening? What do you mean? I claimed when the day opened because that's when the thread was unlocked.

I agree with Zrk. Why are you extending already?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 15, 2013, 09:06:24 pm »

Pfp. i was studying for a midterm and didnt want to spend too much time then.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 15, 2013, 09:29:45 pm »

Extend.  I've got another problem set due by 9 tomorrow morning and I, as predicted, don't have the time to engage with this tonight.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 15, 2013, 09:48:29 pm »

Quick post, so busy!

NQT
Quote from: NQT
- I am immune to kills from my lovers picks. I omitted this information before to set this trap. Now that there's been no night kill it strongly confirms my suspicions: there's a high chance that one of my lovers tried to kill me last night. A scum or 3rd party lover would have a massive incentive to kill me before I was able to reveal who they were.
Can you explain the bolded part? I don't quite follow what the scum would gain. (PPE: I still don't follow, even with your clarification in post 612).

Tolyk: That question is going somewhere, trust me.

Toaster: Still waiting cap'n.

Zrk: Is that all you've got on Tir?

TWS: If your claim is a 1-shot, I guess that makes sense. Still not good evidence that you were targeted, but I guess I can't fault for you giving the information you have. (And I like your last post, BTW. Clear and right to the point in your case on Tir in the bolded bit)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 15, 2013, 10:13:40 pm »

Work was a bear today.  This post will be shorter than it needs to be.

Griff:
Toaster:
Here you vote for Ford for quite solid reasons.  He responds.  Then you don't press your case for the next 4 posts
Finally after things were tied you go "I guess more people won't vote Ford, let's break the tie so we get a lynch" and change your vote.  In other words you did exactly what Tiruin is under pressure for, except you were willing to sell your vote at the end.

Why did you not press your case in the intern between your first post and the last one?

Let me quote a relevant part of Ford's response to me:

Let me re-ask my question.  Who is scum and why?  See if you can answer without waffling.  I bet you can't.
Hmm...

No, I probably can't.

This post was rushed and I will try to write an actual answer once I'm done putting up this week's newsletter.

The last sentence, really, but the first part too.  He said he'd give an actual answer later- one that never materialized.  As obvious at day-end, he never came back to vote anyone.  That's scummy.  He may have responded, sure, but he never actually addressed my points.  I didn't reply to him because I had nothing to reply to.  Not pressing the case hard to convince everyone else is chiefly because of my recent lack of time.

Hapah:  Town.  Totally.  I love town.

NQT:
- Why am I saying all of this? Knowledge is town's weapon. Without it, we mislynch. Scum already know who to kill so telling them information doesn't help them very much. The more we know, the better chance we have at winning this. Obviously, you all have to weigh up the risks and benefits yourself, but if anyone has any other pertinent information that you don't think you'll be killed for saying then please share.

Okay, Mister Information, why don't you tell us what you did last night, then?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 15, 2013, 10:23:04 pm »

Toaster: That might do, but let's make sure. Say "I am town" or "Toaster is town", please.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 15, 2013, 11:31:05 pm »

Dear gods. PFP - break. Pretty in a moody mood.

Extend.

ZU - forgetting me there with your brevity and utter incoherence?

Zrk - Wat.
On Tiruin:
You have been inconsistent on your scumhunting, most notably on TolyK, then you have tried to minimize/deflect the cases presented against you instead of addressing them. Your scumhunting has been hit and miss and your responses have not been conducive to good scumhunting by others.
Oh dear me. You conclude much without even giving me anything of your own questioning! Very interesting how you're gauging my scumhunting without any conclusive evidence; or evidence at all on the ideas. Then you give a twisted detail on the case (singular) presented against me.

Hey, smarty. Read what I said. I'm addressing TWS. If my scumhunting has been hit and miss - what results are there for you to work on? Where is the conducive evidence that so condemns me?

Because this is even worse than anything you did D1. What do you mean by inconsistent scumhunting and how does that apply here?

First: One thing has been confirmed, he can't vote. It doesn't show up on the list so for one reason or another, he's telling the truth there.
It seems to me that we may have stumbled into a mild bastard mod here. The iffy flavour that we can never get an answer on... this... various other small comments have also supported this idea. Mod, are you sure we aren't in a bastard mod?

Zrk: Unless you can explain your case against Tiruin, (deleted or not, rewrite it) it just seems like your going for an "i don't care what you are, die" vote again. And why no questions for me, who you left your vote on for most of day 1? What are your thoughts on the third crazy claim/strings post NQT has made? And do you believe Sheep's explanation of the lack of an NK? How about NQT's? And do you think you know what went down last night?
His strings and revisions Are bothering me. He seems to be making it up as he goes along... NQT these little strings you keep pulling out are BS. Own up to what your role actually does or stop using it as an excuse not to scumhunt.

Now, what do you think of the lack of NK? Who would you have targeted with the NK? With a roleblock? With a protect?
Evading the case regarding me, huh. Nice one. You poke at NQT, you lack on poking at the reason he voted you - and other questions regarding why you're voting me, why?

TWS: One-shot eh? (Thanks for detailing your posts more than some others) Why are you telling off that it is a one-shot? Why are you telling that in the first place? [To answer your quesiton regarding NQT - he can't target himself IIRC with the lovers chat stuff]

My ability was a one-shot. It doesn't have a whole lot of effect on the game anymore, and since information helps town, I thought it was best. This is my first experience with role-heavy games like this, so I'm not sure when a good time to claim is.
{Here's just a tip. Don't claim when the situation is vague.}

I think Tiruin is lying. The reason for this is that she did not mention the questions she said she forgot to post a single time, even though she said TolyK missing those questions was her main reason for voting him. I see no evidence to her having made those questions.
So it boils down to "I don't believe you". Got it.

Now there is another thing I think you're lying about, and that is thinking my vote was a pressure vote. I know that you say it shouldn't have made a difference in whether people take my vote/case seriously or not, but I seems to me it did. When I first made my case, Ford and Zombie Urist came along and voted on it. When you told everyone you saw my vote as a pressure vote, and I didn't have time to tell them otherwise, the suspicion on you went down by quite a bit(see: Ford's unvoting you). That's just how I see it. You say it shouldn't have worked, but it did.
Ugh. You think I'm lying that I'm thinking your vote was a pressure vote. OK. Reasonable.

Did you read anything I said regarding that case? Did you read what I was saying regarding pressure and that vote? You link me saying my opinion about your vote and its efficiency. And this is your reason in thiking I'm lying.

THAT IS WRONG and on subjective terms, goes off as a really weak attempt to undermine my case with foolish logic. See Ford unvoting me - see his reason for voting. It's utterly BLANK. See his reasons under my post regarding voting him - it's confusing.

What hsouldn't have worked? And what did work? I mean, you're doing it passively-aggressive as opposed to conversational. You think I'm lying > you put up a clearly illogical facade (yes I'm denying that my intention for whatever you think there is wrong until you get what I'm exactly saying) to defend your case > You still think defending your case is better than trying to incriminate the target.

You think that I didn't actually write that post to TolyK > clarified the reasoning now > still doesn't poke at the post at hand.

I mean, we're going around in circles about that topic regarding TolyK. COnclusive evidence? The good thing is that I can understand where you're coming from in regard to those who you claim are believing of your case (like Zrk's reasoning.) which gives you points for that...and your reasoning on your claim. It's weird; its newbie, and its a factor showing how nervous about your own life is.

Why exactly did you use that power N1? In regard to using it any other day, why use it then and not later on? What pushed you to use it, if push is the correct term? Why did you panic?

Toastre
NQT:
- Why am I saying all of this? Knowledge is town's weapon. Without it, we mislynch. Scum already know who to kill so telling them information doesn't help them very much. The more we know, the better chance we have at winning this. Obviously, you all have to weigh up the risks and benefits yourself, but if anyone has any other pertinent information that you don't think you'll be killed for saying then please share.

Okay, Mister Information, why don't you tell us what you did last night, then?
Why are you asking him what he did last night? It doesn't look like it relates with the statement there and comes off as action-fishing. Because of his information claim?

Ranger: Thoughts on Zrk. Thoughts on TWS. Thoughts on me. And what do you see in Zrk that gives him that vote?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 16, 2013, 02:51:16 am »

Toaster:
The last sentence, really, but the first part too.  He said he'd give an actual answer later- one that never materialized.  As obvious at day-end, he never came back to vote anyone.  That's scummy.  He may have responded, sure, but he never actually addressed my points.  I didn't reply to him because I had nothing to reply to.  Not pressing the case hard to convince everyone else is chiefly because of my recent lack of time.
Fair enough. Unvote until I have a more complete read on you.

Zrk2:
That sounds pretty complex for a N1 move. Occam's razor, my friend.
It's the most likely case if both of them are scum though yes?

-snip-
I can vouch for the names part; one of my abilities requires the names of someone else's ability names to work.
Do you have another ability that lets you read the names of the abilities to match?  How is this intended to work if you can't get the names of their abilities?

NQT
How do you know that Vector targeted Zrk2?  It seems odd to claim that information without giving us the details on that.

Zombie Urist
Tiruin is obviously still scummy and I will get a better post together after my midterm tomorrow, but for now
Why do you call BYOR a "nonstandard" game? What constitutes a "standard" game?
It's after your midterm, and you've yet to follow through on this.

Also your role (based on your current claim) seems a looooooooooot more complicated than mine. Hmmm....
What makes your role so simple?  Does your role become more complex as the game goes on?

My case against you from the previous day still stands untouched.  You refuse to answer for Deathsword's actions; fair enough, however I still want to know why you think he acted the way he did here, just to compare your read on him to mine.  You also never explained why you were so confident Tiruin was scum despite not reading the whole game.  Your play since daybreak has been noncommittal, but now that your midterm is over I'd like actual scum-hunting from you.   You seem to have strong reads on several people, but don't want to expand on them or share them.

So I'm going to directly ask you to do that.  Please expand on your current reads on Tiruin, Ranger, Toaster, & NQT as well as anyone else you think would be of interest for us to know your reads on.  Please include WHY you have the reads that you do, as your reads seem to be somewhat unorthodox.

A slight aside, do you think we should do something about the fact that The Soldier hasn't been on for well over a week?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 16, 2013, 07:51:32 am »

Bit better now that I'm in the confines of my lovely abode :D

Yay family.

Zrk2. At least, if you've got free-exam time, address the questions you've missed.

I've noted that reading back on all - yeah, all - your posts; how you answered your questions seem like you're being particularly selective about your answers. It's not the usual semantics regarding the questions of Why and What.

After that, answer this.
-snip-
Do you have another ability that lets you read the names of the abilities to match?  How is this intended to work if you can't get the names of their abilities?
Why did you say the vouch names part? The only way I see you can know of others' abilities is at a massclaim/roleclaim.

Is the name partial, or whole, to be needed?

A slight aside, do you think we should do something about the fact that The Soldier hasn't been on for well over a week?
I believe he should be put into stasis until someone wants to replace in...Mod's choice anyway.

And I'm pretty sure we should stop pestering Webadict about flavor - you can't beat a mod at flavor :P

Conjure a sunflower, make it dance to the tune of Plants vs Zombies.

About that Vector Zrk thing. Why are you people (As far as I can see, Zrk was the only one who bought it without questioning) buying it point blank? Vector said nothing regarding it. She could've addressed it in her I'm busy post, she didn't. (Meaning too busy to read or...well, that. Its important enough taht she would've said something on it.)

Ranger:
Third: Considering he [NQT] openly admitted to giving lovers to 2 people, it is plausible that if one is scum or third party, they want him dead but can't and that Sheep is lying.
...How is Sheep lying?

Wait, ZU asked that. Ok, Why did you conclude that Sheep is lying, point blank?

Second: I just investigated NQT (got the results after the vote count, and yes i could use it during the day). Unless there is something screwing with my results, he's town.
2. Hmm... day inspect. Never seen that one before.  :o
BM > One of the links leading to a Mafia page run using Flash Player > Day Cop (Bluish guy with sunglasses and the cold gaze). It's a thing.

NQT
Ranger
I had been hoping for an inspect on me for some time. I hope you're legit.
...???

How does the second sentence even matter? This either means "Scum claiming town inspect" (something I doubt Ranger would do - still reading him town btw), "Town claiming inspect" (Ranger, why did you claim it anyway?), "Town feigning inspect" (...Only way I can see this logically happen for a newbie is to back up a read they have and check the results)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 16, 2013, 07:55:46 am »

I am town.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 16, 2013, 07:57:43 am »

Hapah:  That clean enough for you?

So you got the ol' truth-telling ability, eh?  Why use it on me?

Tiruin:  I will gladly address your point regarding NQT when he responds to me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 16, 2013, 08:11:56 am »

@Hapah/Toaster:

...That build up was the most anticlimactic thing I've ever seen. Reading it all, it either points to what Toaster is asking (Truth telling power - the only thing I recall seeing it was in the ol' days of DF-styled Mafia...Wish to see that again btw.)

Why did you think that Toaster? And before you [Hapah] answer Toaster, Why did you ask Toaster that innocuous question of "Humor me" with a vote? I mean, it did sound weird at first but that had the obviousness of 'something's up' labelled all over it.

...Why Toaster of all people?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 16, 2013, 08:21:29 am »

Tiruin:  I can't think of any other reason he'd want such a crystal clear "I am town" statement, since obviously my simple claim wasn't enough.  I'm going to assume it's a day action and he wants to fire it now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 16, 2013, 08:32:59 am »

Wait, when did I say that it clears him of suspicion? I only said that it was coherent, but lies can be coherent too. :P
I'm fairly confident that Ranger isn't lying to us about the results of his inspection.  What you imply follow doesn't necessarily is your claim that this means they must be on the same team.
A Scum Ranger who got the inspection results would've likely not said anything about Town NQT, unless we get into WIFOM here.
And Scum NQT couldn't have been inspected as Town by a Town Ranger, unless he has 5 aces in his pockets.

Ranger
I had been hoping for an inspect on me for some time. I hope you're legit.
I do have one problem with what i've found though, if a lover were scum, couldn't they have just gotten one of the other scum to carry out the kill? Any thoughts on this?
They could have, sure, but they wouldn't have known then that I was immune to a lover's attack. There are other possibilities however. Indeed, Sheep could be telling the truth and they could have targeted Sheep. Still a lot that's uncertain right now.

I've got a question for you: what was the name of my ability that you say you inspected? I don't mind people knowing its name.

TolyK
I have information that would be helpful to you, NQT.
Not claiming anything yet, though.
You had my hopes up there for a moment! I can understand your reticence. Let's see if I can convince you otherwise.
It's not only that I don't want to tell you quite yet, it's also that I'd be telling everyone.

- Why would it make sense for scum to NK you to "not root them out"? That only works on the premise that you know they're scum, and you'll root them out. It would be better for them to lie low, wouldn't it, in this case? Or does it go down into WIFOM?
My argument is this: 1. I'm immune to kills from lovers. 2. The lovers wouldn't have known this. 3. Scum lovers would have a big incentive to kill me before I out them. 4. The results of the night are consistent with me being targeted by scum lovers. There are of course many other possible occurences, but until I have further info, I can't rule out the possibility just described.
I am exactly asking about point 3. WHY do they have a big incentive to kill you? What if they think you don't have reason to out them, because they're not scummy? You're going from the assumption that they know that you know they're scum (double assumption ftw/wtf?), because otherwise either (a) you won't be poking them out (if you don't think they're scum), or (b) they won't expect you poking them out. Also, by you dying the maffer would lose "loyalty points" to the other lover (since why otherwise would scum kill you, if they could get info on the dual-town-pair from you?).
What are your arguments for this?

- You've shown one of your abilities blatantly, you somehow know that Vector targeted Zrk2, and you have at least one more card up your sleeve. And your third ability is a daytime ability.
Is this a question? My lovers ability was a one-shot day-or-night. I could have received the information about Zrk2 and Vector from another player's ability. It's not in my interests to speculate here.
No, it's speculation. But I did get info from that, thanks.

- "Zrk2 has some power that allows him information or powers from the person who targeted him"... what? Which hole did you take that out of?
I said 'If... Zrk2 has some power...', I'm not saying he has. If he does then this info I've just given might be helpful for him to know.
Mistake in speech. I meant, where did you even get the idea?

- Vector said "interesting". What do you make out of that?
Given that she was my sternest critic before, I'd really like to know what she has to say.

- If you were to be put to the noose today, would you tell everyone who the lovers were, or not?
If the lovers were leading it, yes. If the lovers were letting it happen without offering good cases on an alternative, most probably. If they had given a good case on someone else and were powerless to stop my mislynch, and there are other indicators that both are town, then I'd probably keep my mouth shut. Either way, I'd leave it late in the day to say so, to give the possible town-lovers the most breathing space. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
Makes sense.

I am town.
I am spaceship, picking up town. Bwahahaha.
(Just kidding)

PPE:
Tiruin:  I can't think of any other reason he'd want such a crystal clear "I am town" statement, since obviously my simple claim wasn't enough.  I'm going to assume it's a day action and he wants to fire it now.
Would be so funny if it actually changed your alignment or wincon or something.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 93