Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217929 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #585 on: April 15, 2013, 05:43:21 am »

More Sheep
Fine. Last night I used an ability that made me immune to all night actions.
A leaving town kind of action that prevented you from using other powers?

Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone want to claim targetting a power against Sheep in the night?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 15, 2013, 05:58:12 am »

Vector
What happened at the end of D1?
See my earlier post to Tiruin. essentially, I pushed for a nolynch first to save my bacon, and then I tried to work with Toaster to get a more productive lynch. If he'd have refused to vote Ford and hung me instead, after claiming Ford was scummier, this would have given town unequivocable grounds for lynching Toaster-as-scum come the next day.

What are your reads?
The library computer I'm using at the moment literally cannot copy and paste. As such, I'm going to hold off on presenting my full list of reads until I'm at work later. But in my next post I'm going to give some facts that my investigations have drawn to light.

Why did you lurk so much after your whole lovers act
I was very busy with work commitments, which I explained at the time. I'm still pretty busy now, but I think I'm managing my time better. Also, I didn't want to give the game away regarding my lovers-picks. Now, it should be okay to investigate more.

And what did you learn from the data you got from drawing the town's attention?
Essentially, it's made me ponder a few things. Some people have given me a very hard time, others have given me a very light time. I'm still not sure whether some people are scum trying to get a dangerous townie lynched or if others are scum trying to buddy me.

TolyK- are you awaiting replacement? We haven't heard from you in a while. You too, Soldier.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 15, 2013, 06:46:09 am »

SOME FACTS FOR EVERYONE

Sometimes we can all keep our cards too close to our chests. My element is Affection. In my role post, I was told in the backstory description that I was very fond of Ford*. I smiled and nodded at the time and then didn't think any more of it. Unfortunately, it turns out that this was a secret weakness imposed (perhaps to balance out my awesome abilities). Now that Ford is dead, I am irrevocably depressed meaning that I cannot vote. Why am I telling you this? Well, I'm still town, I still have powers that can help town (if it comes down to LYLO with me, I can guarantee we won't have lost). I want you all to know why I wont be voting at all. I could obviously still highlight names in red, but when it didn't count towards the vote tally people might get suspicious. Also, I'd like all of you to reread your role posts and think very carefully about what the backstory text could really mean, as you might also have a hidden weakness or power.

(To prove I'm not lying: UI. Now this either won't turn up in the tally or won't count towards a lynch. How do non-votes usually work? Hopefully, I won't be booted from the game for trying to vote when I know I can't.)

Other knowledge:

- Last night Vector targeted Zrk2. Whether this was her own choice or someone redirecting her I couldn't say; it's also possible that she was redirected to him but didn't actually use a power. What it does mean is that if Vector is scum then either she didn't use her scumkill last night or Zrk2 was protected. Hopefully, if Vector is town then this gives her some useful information. Or if someone else targeted Zrk2 or Zrk2 has some power that allows him information or powers from people that have targeted him, then this might be useful to know.

- I am immune to kills from my lovers picks. I omitted this information before to set this trap. Now that there's been no night kill it strongly confirms my suspicions: there's a high chance that one of my lovers tried to kill me last night. A scum or 3rd party lover would have a massive incentive to kill me before I was able to reveal who they were.

I think a lover targeting me makes more sense than scum trying to NK Sheep (Sheep could even be scum trying to cover for their scumbuddies in this regard). I'm going to re-look over each of my lovers' post record and examine carefully what they do on this day. If I get any corroborating evidence that one of them is scum or third party then I'll publicly out them.

- Why am I saying all of this? Knowledge is town's weapon. Without it, we mislynch. Scum already know who to kill so telling them information doesn't help them very much. The more we know, the better chance we have at winning this. Obviously, you all have to weigh up the risks and benefits yourself, but if anyone has any other pertinent information that you don't think you'll be killed for saying then please share.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 15, 2013, 07:17:35 am »

PFP
Busy day. Bad morning >_<

Zrk2
-snip-
Good point. Tiruin, I'll be taking a look at you.
Bah, deleted my post detailing why Tiruin. After going through your posts though I do agree with TWS.
This flagrant display of anything near the meaning of common sense irks me.

Why the FoS.
> I agree with TWS. My post got deleted, though my wording doesn't appropriately say that. Change of conscience or just laying down a blank?
> I'll ask you, why.
> I agree with TWS...Is what I'm thinking you'd say next. I understand the pressure of exams and all, but you could've typed a few words detailing anything. ANYTHING REGARDING YOUR CASE.

Come on Zrk. Reasons. Flailing with your vote there.

TWS
Tiruin: Forgot to vote you in my WoT. Anyway:

First of all, perhaps I didn't make this clear enough:

The reason I'm voting you is that I think you lied. I don't think you actually wrote that post to TolyK.
There's other stuff, but that's the main thing.
Then who in the world would I've written that post to?! You vote me because you think I lied - reasonable. So why aren't you poking at anything that correlates to that presumed lie?

Yes I did know it was staying on TolyK. For reasons that:
1. He took most of the weekend because seemingly RL stuff.
1. Is this a reason why you re-voted him, or a reason you find him suspicious, or what? I'm not sure I'm getting at what you mean.
1. ...Yeah, that's the reason I re-voted him. I did think that I posted a reply to his post and thus went on to re-vote him due to the lack of answer to it...only to find that the thing didn't post.
If there's other stuff you mentioned, would you please quote/link it? I'm meaning main reasons, not little additional stuff.
His absence, for a general list of things I'd want to know more about him. I was getting a null read on the guy. Main reasons - he hasn't done much.

Which was backing up what I was saying regarding the vote-reminder thing. After a long period of the target not answering, a refreshing vote is done in order to remind that you're voting him.

I know the question was about me. But what you replied with first was not the point of the question. You took a bit out, "reasonable reason", and answered that as well as the question. I'm not saying that in itself is scummy. I'm saying repeating it seven times is.

Re: Didn't say case was not important -- Yeah, I mean you made my case seem like it was just a harsh reminder, not something that actually made you scummy. I feel like my first case on you made it quite clear that it was a you-are-scum vote.
Re-reading this, where I saw those bolded parts which you thought marks it as a scum-vote was read as a communication-pressure in my mind. I was inquiring on the reasons why your case is such; because I can't fathom anything else you're poking at except for me being forgetful. The matter that you don't believe my case is one thing that you should've emphasized, clarified by me asking why.

Now, I see you're along the lines of undermining a case. I don't see how voicing what I think about it equaling trying to weaken your case - that's only if there's something wrong with the case in question, which I'm trying to find out. Firstly, you seem more concerned about the validity of your case than the person in question > You think I'm scum, ok. So why are you poking more at the assumed power of your case and assuming I'm trying to weaken it?

Oh, and those several times? The people in question were related to the line of thought there.

Addressed above. Basically, you make my lynch-vote seem like a pressure vote to stop other people from joining a bandwagon.
...Dear gods. OK, you think I'm lying > Why. Why.

I was voicing my opinion - that wouldn't stop anyone who gave a single [PENNY] about scumhunting as they'd look into the case themselves and derive their own ideas.

"Hey look, that's a pressure vote! Stop voting me!"

Is one of the worst reasons I've ever heard. Why would a pressure vote harry anyone else from voting the person?

Dude, look. It's all in how you present it. I found that case (without the given reason of lying as stated now) as a light pressure - someone trying to dig up information on another person; that works. What doesn't continue the effort of work is how you're continuing it. I mean, how would me voicing out what I think about your case dissuade anyone from voting or not voting me? People look into what you post. They don't just look at the first sentence of a paragraph and get the gist from that. That's utter laziness.

I mean, I did agree with some of your points - they did look scummy in a way that forgetfulness could be a cover up > You aren't pressing at that for some reason but beating around the bush here whilst laying down your vote - that's what I'm aiming for. The Why's and How's beneath what you're presenting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Regarding TWS' claim:
Ranger:
Mainly this conversation:

As an example: if Sheep were killed who would be the most likely scum to your mind?  Tiruin, as Sheep is tunneling her, right?  The scum know this is how your suspicions would likely swing and so might kill Sheep just to cause suspicion to land on Tiruin.  On the other hand Tiruin might decided that she could deflect using this fact, and so killing Sheep would off one of the people who is leading the suspicion against her.
This is me being curious, but how does this line of thought mark me as scum? Specifically, if TWS dies, I'm the most reasonable suspect then? Details behind this curtain, please.
He's the only one who looks like he's voting you for a reasonable reason, so with him eliminated there is less likely to be someone willing to construct a case against you.

They were establishing that there would be WIFOM involved if I died. This would make it basically a null-tell on Tiruin if I was killed. I thought(still do) Tiruin was scum. Therefore, I thought Tiruin might try to kill me and prevent me from presenting my case again. If Tiruin wasn't scum, someone else would kill me to try to kill me to frame her.
Wat.

"Establishing?"

...You know, I'm sort of getting how you view things now. You're taking these things too seriously - like most things said to you are in their extremes. Why are you delving that deep into what wasn't said? [Meaning: Paranoia.]

@Bolded part: ...Ok, get some rest. You're really overthinking everything - more than I overthink everything...Because that last line is just bordering the lines of grammar and sense.

Someone would kill you, to try to kill you, to frame me. How does that work? They killed me in trying to kill me and then frame the girl because killing someone in the effort of trying to kill someone is very suspicious.

...Logicified :/

That makes no sense. Mostly because a TON OF OTHER VARIABLES EXIST, and that in the case of 'NK your suspect' - a thousand other variables would come into play. Too many to list; like "what was that person's relations with the others", "how did they react to the cases presented against/before them", "Why would suspect A be the killer?"...

TWS: Why didn't you question me on anything else earlier? Given your case - you aren't poking on my reads, any other detail that would back it up but deriving the whole thing mostly on an assumption. Do you think that if you're dead, people will drop the case you're trying to push? Why are you thinking along the lines of paranoia? Was the day opening anything to do with your claim?

Also, why did you take that thing seriously? Why did you think that you would be my target?

See: "Example" As noted in chocolate.

Ranger
Griff: Considering the current information we have, this seems plausible. It may be "based" on WIFOM but if the hypothetical situation is no longer hypothetical, can we still consider it WIFOM? The claim may be because he can do it again, or he's confident in his ability to convince us that what he says are the facts. I'm inclined to believe him for now, and would like to ask why you would dismiss his version of reasoning so quickly?
Yes. You can still consider it WIFOM unless you've anything to back it up because the relations of the NK your Target idea is pretty messed up. That, and the reasons behind why TWS claimed.

He claimed on an "Are you..." question. Not a "What did you..." question. It was more of a "Why are you doing..." question, and not a definitive question.

Excuse my (curt?) short response, busy busy.

NQT
Ok, Tiruin first:
Ok, what just happened there? NQT//Toaster - reasoning behind that agreement/voting shifts please.
OK. So, there's a tie between me, you and Ford. Toaster shifts it to three votes on me, two on you and one on Ford. I don't want to be lynched and I so I make the (correct) case that the other votes on me were not strong votes. Essentially there was no case. Soldier's vote was a random vote from the beginning of the game that he never removed and Vector's vote was more pressure (she never put forward anything resembling a full case). So, I vote you to tie as I'd rather a no-lynch than have me lynched. Then Toaster indicates when I ask him that he thought Ford more suspicious. The fact that Ford might be scum is enough to push for a Ford lynch rather than a no-lynch, so I switch my vote. Toaster says that he'll accept my move and we end up lynching a man that it turns out wasn't in my interests to kill. It's unfortunate and only slightly ameliorated by the lack of a scum kill in the night.
"Wasn't in my interests to kill."
What?

Ford might be scum.
What?
Bolded the points that stood out to me. How does the last sentence have anything to do with the above?
UI
Okay, NQT. Why did you vote Tiruin?
To tie the vote, to avoid being lynched- as anyone else would rationally do in that circumstances. Rather than keep the vote tied, I then talked with the only other active player at the time in order to get a more productive outcome to the day. The mislynch was unfortunate for several reasons.
Justify those reasons and detail them, because it seems you're making a case out of a dead man's corpsey.

Lastly, why do you care so much about your bacon?

Read cut short - my eyes stopped at that post because busy. Will post later because busy :/

PPE: NQT.

Gonna make a new post because this one is filled.

But just to say. You lynched someone you loved because...I can't wrap my head over it in making sense. You conceded to the big orange appliance, and then that voteless thing? And you keep on poking at the "I'm town" cliche. Why?

Hopefully, I won't be booted from the game for trying to vote when I know I can't.
Hopefully? So there's something against the rules for testing things out, huh.

- I am immune to kills from my lovers picks. I omitted this information before to set this trap. Now that there's been no night kill it strongly confirms my suspicions: there's a high chance that one of my lovers tried to kill me last night. A scum or 3rd party lover would have a massive incentive to kill me before I was able to reveal who they were.
...So is this the reason why you were fussing about the scum-trap thing earlier? Why do you think one of your lovers would've killed you and why would it be a massive incentive? The only way I can see that happening is when you do know they've tried to kill you.
- Why am I saying all of this? Knowledge is town's weapon. Without it, we mislynch. Scum already know who to kill so telling them information doesn't help them very much. The more we know, the better chance we have at winning this. Obviously, you all have to weigh up the risks and benefits yourself, but if anyone has any other pertinent information that you don't think you'll be killed for saying then please share.
Thanks for the obvious. Why are you stating the obvious? Because this sounds more to me like you buddying the general public by toting your banner of information. A banner which currently is confided with two other people of unknown alignment - judging by your wording there - and most of the risks lie in, or probably when the information is given out.

On an OOC note: The idea is perfect context for Toony's Mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 15, 2013, 08:15:14 am »

Tiruin

I think sometimes there's a bit of a language problem going on and you don't quite see what I'm trying to say. In good faith, I'll try to rephrase things to be a bit clearer.

The fact that Ford might be scum is enough to push for a Ford lynch rather than a no-lynch, so I switch my vote. Toaster says that he'll accept my move and we end up lynching a man that it turns out wasn't in my interests to kill. It's unfortunate and only slightly ameliorated by the lack of a scum kill in the night.
"Wasn't in my interests to kill."
What?
Uh, isn't it obvious? Ford was Town, so clearly it wasn't in my interests to kill him. Furthermore, I learned -afterwards- that Ford was linked to me.

Ford might be scum.
What?
Before Ford's flip I had no way of knowing whether he was scum. Thus, at the time my thinking was 'he might be scum'. Was that not clear?

Bolded the points that stood out to me. How does the last sentence have anything to do with the above?
I was saying that it was unfortunate that Ford flipped town and that we're lucky scum weren't able to kill in the night as well.

The mislynch was unfortunate for several reasons.
Justify those reasons and detail them, because it seems you're making a case out of a dead man's corpsey.
In short: Ford turned out to be town and it turned out that Ford's death removed my ability to vote.

Lastly, why do you care so much about your bacon?
I'm vastly more useful to town alive. The last time I let myself be mislynched as town, town still lost and you were scum, so forgive me if I don't make the same mistake twice.

But just to say. You lynched someone you loved because...I can't wrap my head over it in making sense. You conceded to the big orange appliance, and then that voteless thing? And you keep on poking at the "I'm town" cliche. Why?
I thought the Ford love thing was just flavour. I only found out it wasn't when Ford died. Now I don't have a vote and I was explaining why. Given that I no longer have lynch vote, I figure I can be the most use to town by giving information. Do you disagree?

So is this the reason why you were fussing about the scum-trap thing earlier? Why do you think one of your lovers would've killed you and why would it be a massive incentive? The only way I can see that happening is when you do know they've tried to kill you.
Please try to reflect for a moment before posting. Obviously, a scum lover wouldn't want me to say who they were, as it would make them much more vulnerable. All I know for sure is 1. there was no NK and 2. this is consistent with a lover trying to NK me and 3. a scum or 3rd party lover would have very good reason to kill me. Which part of this do you disagree with?

- Why am I saying all of this? Knowledge is town's weapon...
Thanks for the obvious. Why are you stating the obvious?
I just letting people know why I'm making the claim, as this is something people would want to know. If people think my actions are consistent with being scum they're free to make that case. I'll continue to answer questions and be as useful as I can be.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 15, 2013, 09:54:42 am »

Are you serious? You knew you were "fond of Ford" and didn't think anything of it and lynched him?? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Also your role (based on your current claim) seems a looooooooooot more complicated than mine. Hmmm....

Also also, its difficult to determine why there's no NK, especially so in a BYOR and introduces so much WIFOM.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Night 1: Lights Out [1 Replacement]
« Reply #591 on: April 15, 2013, 10:29:05 am »

You all ponder existence and try to figure out the overall goal of the flavortext. Which makes no sense. I mean, what's flavortext?

Vote Count
------------------------
Griffionday - RangerCado,
Hapah -
notquitethere - Urist Imiknorris, Vector,
RangerCado -
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - Zrk2, TheWetSheep,
Toaster - Griffionday, Hapah,
TolyK -
Urist Imiknorris -
Vector -
zombie urist - Tiruin,
Zrk2 -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, Toaster, zombie urist, The Soldier,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday at 9 PM Central.

The Soldier requires a replacement, as does someone else that I forgot. Totally plan to modkill and never allow certain people that keep requesting replacements.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 15, 2013, 10:48:37 am »

Whoa. . . this is very interesting.  I probably won't be able to respond today (whoohoo terrible workload), but I'll say something at tomorrow around noon at the latest.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 15, 2013, 11:12:32 am »

QuickPFP

While ZU is being ZU again, he does have a point.
Also also, its difficult to determine why there's no NK, especially so in a BYOR and introduces so much WIFOM.

@NQT: All points clear (or more clear than before) as some were designed to prod on the more vague parts.
Please try to reflect for a moment before posting. Obviously, a scum lover wouldn't want me to say who they were, as it would make them much more vulnerable. All I know for sure is 1. there was no NK and 2. this is consistent with a lover trying to NK me and 3. a scum or 3rd party lover would have very good reason to kill me. Which part of this do you disagree with?
1. There may have been an NK and the killer may be blocked/delayed/hit a protect/hit a +1 Hp person (seriously, these exist - check up the past BYOR...that had a crazy amount of +1 people [ Where Hapah and Bookthras were bros])
> Why are you sure there was no NK as opposed to any of the alternatives above?

2. Consistent, agreeable, but that isn't the conclusive case unless you've pretty much of a case on those lovers enough to implicate whoever they are since it seems you're shedding more of a 'I'm afraid one of those I love is scum' light other than poke at suspects yesterday. While this is justified that you...can't vote (totally agree on the info though), that's how it seems to me - focusing more on scum lovers.

3. ...Why you as opposed to anyone else? I mean, unless you've a puppetmaster's box of strings in that power, then they're quite free with their kill - the bare fact that you revealed that trap has either dulled your surprise, or there's yet another string in that ball of yarn you're spinning.

I'm vastly more useful to town alive. The last time I let myself be mislynched as town, town still lost and you were scum, so forgive me if I don't make the same mistake twice.
That was a BM - I was being scum IC. As scum IC, I did play my role there, however everything not in the curly braces was liable to misinformation (not the helpful statements, but the lack/twisty information). Also, epic lurking/hospital business :S That was not a good end...

Anyway, I can quite agree that anyone is vastly more useful alive but why point at that certain event before? Just curious here. Is there anything that happened then, affecting your perception now?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 15, 2013, 11:50:11 am »

Heh.

Few things quickly first.
Toaster: What's your alignment? Humor me.
... RVS question, now?

Also, apparently I'm a catalyser for some peoples' assessments. Jk ofc.

TolyK- are you awaiting replacement? We haven't heard from you in a while. You too, Soldier.
What? I just got home 2 hours ago, and it was locked on the weekend...?

SOME FACTS FOR EVERYONE

Sometimes we can all keep our cards too close to our chests. My element is Affection. In my role post, I was told in the backstory description that I was very fond of Ford*. I smiled and nodded at the time and then didn't think any more of it. Unfortunately, it turns out that this was a secret weakness imposed (perhaps to balance out my awesome abilities). Now that Ford is dead, I am irrevocably depressed meaning that I cannot vote. Why am I telling you this? Well, I'm still town, I still have powers that can help town (if it comes down to LYLO with me, I can guarantee we won't have lost). I want you all to know why I wont be voting at all. I could obviously still highlight names in red, but when it didn't count towards the vote tally people might get suspicious. Also, I'd like all of you to reread your role posts and think very carefully about what the backstory text could really mean, as you might also have a hidden weakness or power.

(To prove I'm not lying: UI. Now this either won't turn up in the tally or won't count towards a lynch. How do non-votes usually work? Hopefully, I won't be booted from the game for trying to vote when I know I can't.)
You all ponder existence and try to figure out the overall goal of the flavortext. Which makes no sense. I mean, what's flavortext?
-- No NQT in votecount --
Heh. Not lying here, unless you have an ability to censor posts or something.

Quote from: NQT
Other knowledge:

- Last night Vector targeted Zrk2. Whether this was her own choice or someone redirecting her I couldn't say; it's also possible that she was redirected to him but didn't actually use a power. What it does mean is that if Vector is scum then either she didn't use her scumkill last night or Zrk2 was protected. Hopefully, if Vector is town then this gives her some useful information. Or if someone else targeted Zrk2 or Zrk2 has some power that allows him information or powers from people that have targeted him, then this might be useful to know.

I think a lover targeting me makes more sense than scum trying to NK Sheep (Sheep could even be scum trying to cover for their scumbuddies in this regard). I'm going to re-look over each of my lovers' post record and examine carefully what they do on this day. If I get any corroborating evidence that one of them is scum or third party then I'll publicly out them.

Heh.

I have information that would be helpful to you, NQT.
Not claiming anything yet, though.
Some questions.

- Why would it make sense for scum to NK you to "not root them out"? That only works on the premise that you know they're scum, and you'll root them out. It would be better for them to lie low, wouldn't it, in this case? Or does it go down into WIFOM?
- You've shown one of your abilities blatantly, you somehow know that Vector targeted Zrk2, and you have at least one more card up your sleeve. And your third ability is a daytime ability.
- "Zrk2 has some power that allows him information or powers from the person who targeted him"... what? Which hole did you take that out of?
- Vector said "interesting". What do you make out of that?
- If you were to be put to the noose today, would you tell everyone who the lovers were, or not?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 15, 2013, 11:53:12 am »

ay caramba, Lets dive into the chaos that is NQT's Role once again.

First: One thing has been confirmed, he can't vote. It doesn't show up on the list so for one reason or another, he's telling the truth there.

Second: I just investigated NQT (got the results after the vote count, and yes i could use it during the day). Unless there is something screwing with my results, he's town.

Third: Considering he openly admitted to giving lovers to 2 people, it is plausible that if one is scum or third party, they want him dead but can't and that Sheep is lying.

Fourth: I haven't seen anything scummy from NQT's posts since the Lovers fiasco which leads me to believe my results.

I do have one problem with what i've found though, if a lover were scum, couldn't they have just gotten one of the other scum to carry out the kill? Any thoughts on this? (general question, i'm stumped here)
Now, the reasons i'm admitting to this investigation: Its a one shot. I got to see NQT's alignment and 1 ability chosen from the names of them. I picked his lovers ability so I can confirm every little string attached to it. (the chat, the inability to kill him alone, etc.) And again, nothing seems scummy from him since the lover fiasco.
Now to get through some questions and explanations.

Tiruin: After thinking through my results from Web, and finding a couple other examples of WIFOM in other games, I realize why my vote on Griff doesn't make sense. (UNVOTE) I also see the reasons for Sheep claiming as I posed the previous question, Why not get a scum buddy to carry out the kill on NQT if they couldn't... unless they didn't know they couldn't... ugh, this is gonna be a long game. The problem we have, which i have to agree with you and ZU, is that every explanation could be a lie, WIFOM, or just plain speculation.

Zrk: Unless you can explain your case against Tiruin, (deleted or not, rewrite it) it just seems like your going for an "i don't care what you are, die" vote again. And why no questions for me, who you left your vote on for most of day 1? What are your thoughts on the third crazy claim/strings post NQT has made? And do you believe Sheep's explanation of the lack of an NK? How about NQT's? And do you think you know what went down last night?

Sheep: What do you think of NQT's explanation of the missing NK, and do you think he was the real target last night?

Flavor cause I can: Brings in coffee, tea, and soda for everyone for the long Day 2 this is gonna be. (green so it helps web id it as flavor)
Jeez, this took a while, will post more at lunchtime (about 1-2 hours from now) and answer any questions about my reasoning and logic, because you guys always find something wrong with it.
I just can't catch a break can I? (PPE: Tolyk)

Tolyk: ...Actually, nothing to say here...
I'll be back in a couple hours.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 15, 2013, 12:13:35 pm »

That. Post. Hmm...
Seems a bit fishy to me, though.

You have the *perfect* inspect: you see his "town" alignment, every fact from his ability (which apparently you "pick", wtf is with that? How did you ask for that ability? "I'd like to inspect his lover ability, please, can I get the text for it?"), and PRESTO he's the clean, good, town guy with a mission to kill scum. And you are the prophet that tells us he is the cleanest of them all, and to bow to him. Barring aside the allegory...

You both are the same alignment, that I can tell for sure (97%).
If they're both town, then that's pretty damn awesome.
If they're both scum, then Vector and Zrk2 are different alignments (86%), they know who to double-kill, and they have (or possible, had) the trust of most of the people here. NQT also can't be killed by his lover-targets, if they had kills, unless of course

Since that's pretty damn bad, I'd like some afflicted people to claim. If Vector claimed that she did in fact visit Zrk2, then that doesn't actually help us much, since she could also be on their team (as said above).

Numbers, folks, numbers!

Tolyk: ...Actually, nothing to say here...
How 'bout now?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 15, 2013, 12:13:55 pm »

In which by numbers I mean info.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 15, 2013, 12:30:25 pm »

TolyK:
- "Zrk2 has some power that allows him information or powers from the person who targeted him"... what? Which hole did you take that out of?

I can answer this one!  He's saying that it would be useful to know if Zrk2 had such an ability and could tell us if he was multi-targeted.  Not that he knows he has such an ability.

If they're both scum, then Vector and Zrk2 are different alignments (86%), they know who to double-kill, and they have (or possible, had) the trust of most of the people here. NQT also can't be killed by his lover-targets, if they had kills, unless of course
Two things:
Could you complete the sentence?
Why do we know that Vector and Zrk2 are different alignments if they're both scum?

Zrk2
I'm interested in what you make of Vector, particularly now that you know she targeted you in the night.  What's your read on her?  Do you have more info on her now than you did before you knew she targeted you?

Real post once Toaster gets back to us.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 15, 2013, 12:42:17 pm »

Two things:
Could you complete the sentence?
Why do we know that Vector and Zrk2 are different alignments if they're both scum?
1. Thanks for noticing. :P "unless of course he's bluffing".
2. If they're both scum, then
 a) if Vector's scum, and Zrk2 is town, then anyone who also saw that Vector went to Zrk2 gets even more reason to believe NQT's towniness. And the "Zrk2 ability to see who is targeting him" could be Vector's ability-inspect.
 b) if Vector's town, and the scum team (including zrk2) knows that Vector targeted Zrk2, then it's added trust from Vector.
 c) if they're both town, then it would also sort-of make sense (hence the missing 11%), except that it's very possible that they made it up.
 d) if they're ALL SCUM, then it is an insane gambit which just might work (3%). But I think this is very unlikely, because someone else can call them out.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 93