Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 218040 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #570 on: April 14, 2013, 05:05:16 pm »

Hold It!!! Sheep, are you soft-claiming a doctor esque role/ability? Or are you going to blatanly claim a Doctor type role? Day 2 seems a very strange day to claim this, or claim you know who one is. Explain yourself, AT ONCE!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 14, 2013, 05:30:03 pm »

Fine. Last night I used an ability that made me immune to all night actions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 14, 2013, 06:01:41 pm »

So. . . you're suggesting that the scum tried to kill you?  Hurm.  If anyone tracked anyone to TheWetSheep's house or whatever, I guess now might the time to claim.

Hold It!!! Sheep, are you soft-claiming a doctor esque role/ability? Or are you going to blatanly claim a Doctor type role? Day 2 seems a very strange day to claim this, or claim you know who one is. Explain yourself, AT ONCE!

Why are you so excited?

For now, though, NotQuiteThere again.  What happened at the end of D1?  What are your reads?  Why did you lurk so much after your whole lovers act, and what did you learn from the data you got from drawing the town's attention?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 14, 2013, 07:23:40 pm »

I need to keep on with the digging, and it's not happening tonight.  However...

Tiruin:  I didn't have a read on you at that point, and Ford read scum and NQT was somewhat scummy.  Better to hit a read than to shoot blindly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 14, 2013, 07:58:06 pm »

Vector: Yeah, that was bad wording on my part. I don't like people being vague when they want to tell you something.

Sheep: Although this could be true, who's to say we don't have several people who can do the same? I don't see anything odd about your posts, but what made you decide to use this ability Night 1? Why did you think you were in danger of dieing?
[/quote]

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 14, 2013, 08:26:06 pm »

Ranger:
Mainly this conversation:

As an example: if Sheep were killed who would be the most likely scum to your mind?  Tiruin, as Sheep is tunneling her, right?  The scum know this is how your suspicions would likely swing and so might kill Sheep just to cause suspicion to land on Tiruin.  On the other hand Tiruin might decided that she could deflect using this fact, and so killing Sheep would off one of the people who is leading the suspicion against her.
This is me being curious, but how does this line of thought mark me as scum? Specifically, if TWS dies, I'm the most reasonable suspect then? Details behind this curtain, please.
He's the only one who looks like he's voting you for a reasonable reason, so with him eliminated there is less likely to be someone willing to construct a case against you.

They were establishing that there would be WIFOM involved if I died. This would make it basically a null-tell on Tiruin if I was killed. I thought(still do) Tiruin was scum. Therefore, I thought Tiruin might try to kill me and prevent me from presenting my case again. If Tiruin wasn't scum, someone else would kill me to try to kill me to frame her.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 14, 2013, 09:38:28 pm »

Sheep:
Ranger:
Mainly this conversation:

-Snip of Turuin & me-

They were establishing that there would be WIFOM involved if I died. This would make it basically a null-tell on Tiruin if I was killed. I thought(still do) Tiruin was scum. Therefore, I thought Tiruin might try to kill me and prevent me from presenting my case again. If Tiruin wasn't scum, someone else would kill me to try to kill me to frame her.
Uh... so you're essentially using my hypothetical situation, which was established to be WIFOM, to make an argument that you were the target last night?  I'm still unclear as to how you know that you were the target.  Especially in the situation of a framing.

Also I think Ranger was asking you to explain why you were claiming, not what your claim was.  So why did you decide to claim?

Toaster:
Here you vote for Ford for quite solid reasons.  He responds.  Then you don't press your case for the next 4 posts
Finally after things were tied you go "I guess more people won't vote Ford, let's break the tie so we get a lynch" and change your vote.  In other words you did exactly what Tiruin is under pressure for, except you were willing to sell your vote at the end.

Why did you not press your case in the intern between your first post and the last one?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 14, 2013, 11:48:02 pm »

Griff: Considering the current information we have, this seems plausible. It may be "based" on WIFOM but if the hypothetical situation is no longer hypothetical, can we still consider it WIFOM? The claim may be because he can do it again, or he's confident in his ability to convince us that what he says are the facts. I'm inclined to believe him for now, and would like to ask why you would dismiss his version of reasoning so quickly?
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 15, 2013, 12:05:13 am »

Griff: Considering the current information we have, this seems plausible. It may be "based" on WIFOM but if the hypothetical situation is no longer hypothetical, can we still consider it WIFOM? The claim may be because he can do it again, or he's confident in his ability to convince us that what he says are the facts. I'm inclined to believe him for now, and would like to ask why you would dismiss his version of reasoning so quickly?

Because of how quick he was to proclaim it, and how little pushing he took to claim it. 

The problem is that the only people who can verify his story are the scum, and if we believe his version of events we are forced to automatically clear him of suspicion as scum.  Pardon me if I refuse to clear him completely based on something he said without real prompting. 

Likewise if we assume he was targeted, then we also have to accept that the events played out focusing on him which he claims strengthens a case against Tiruin, again something I don't want to accept without more reasoning than "I used a role to protect myself, I must be the target."  I want him to explain his reasoning behind his claim, and convince us as much as possible.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 15, 2013, 12:07:24 am »

Reading now.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 15, 2013, 02:02:40 am »

Ranger
No one died...  The only information we gained from the night is that we have some sort of doctor OR the mafia can choose not to kill
Could be a block or delay too (PPE: Or TWS's ability). And don't feel too bad about lynching town D1, gotta crack some eggs to make an omelet, etc etc.

TWS
Quote from: TWS @ 553 and 569
-snip-
Not too bad. I thought 553 was a little stringy near the end, though. I'll be interested to see where this goes, but I've got other fish to fry at the moment. Also:

-stuff-
Griff has a point, your claim was on a hair trigger. And there could be a hundred reason why there was no kill last night, especially since there are still so many players remaining, and so you can't use it as the lynchpin of a case (though it doesn't look like you are, but this is my two cents). Did you claim solely because you think you were targeted?

Hmm... RangerCado feels suspicious, but I'm leaning 3rd party rather than scum.
Can you elaborate on why?

Toaster: What's your alignment? Humor me.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #581 on: April 15, 2013, 05:09:37 am »

(I'm at posting at the library where their computers haven't discovered the wonders of tabulated browsing and the 'ctrl' key has been disabled. As such, I'll be answering questions one post at a time, so please bear with me...)

Ok, Tiruin first:
Ok, what just happened there? NQT//Toaster - reasoning behind that agreement/voting shifts please.
OK. So, there's a tie between me, you and Ford. Toaster shifts it to three votes on me, two on you and one on Ford. I don't want to be lynched and I so I make the (correct) case that the other votes on me were not strong votes. Essentially there was no case. Soldier's vote was a random vote from the beginning of the game that he never removed and Vector's vote was more pressure (she never put forward anything resembling a full case). So, I vote you to tie as I'd rather a no-lynch than have me lynched. Then Toaster indicates when I ask him that he thought Ford more suspicious. The fact that Ford might be scum is enough to push for a Ford lynch rather than a no-lynch, so I switch my vote. Toaster says that he'll accept my move and we end up lynching a man that it turns out wasn't in my interests to kill. It's unfortunate and only slightly ameliorated by the lack of a scum kill in the night.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #582 on: April 15, 2013, 05:19:04 am »

UI
Okay, NQT. Why did you vote Tiruin?
To tie the vote, to avoid being lynched- as anyone else would rationally do in that circumstances. Rather than keep the vote tied, I then talked with the only other active player at the time in order to get a more productive outcome to the day. The mislynch was unfortunate for several reasons.

Single. Most. Tense. Moment. My hands are trembling. I hope as hell Ford is scum.
The only reason you would have for this tension is if you were scum who thought mislynching would make you look bad worse.
No- because of my forum-time still wrongly set to daylight savings time (i.e. it was an hour ahead), I thought the deadline was minutes away. In voting Ford, I'd removed the tie and made myself lynch candidate. If Toaster hadn't have switched his vote, I would have been lynched. That's going to be pretty tense no matter what your alignment.

What's your case Imik? Is this just pressure or is there something you want to tell us?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 15, 2013, 05:30:19 am »

UI again:
Still voting notquitethere for a)tying the vote to save himself and b)selling out his vote to Toaster.
So: A) doing something all players would do, and then B) trying to avoid a nolynch by co-operating with another player. Get your story straight: I couldn't both tie the vote AND lynch someone else. Basically, your argument is 'NQT is scummy because he didn't roll over a die'.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 15, 2013, 05:40:27 am »

Sheep
Whoever gives me the best reason gets it.
You would do the bold part, even though it gave lovers status?
I suppose that was a lie as well, though it is a redundant point given that no one offered up unambiguous reasons why I should pick them (which is actually about what I expected).
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 93