Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 218031 times)

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #600 on: April 15, 2013, 12:53:14 pm »

Couldn't Vector not have know that Zrk2 was a fellow town, and used an inspect or similar on him?  The scum (in this scenario NQT and Ranger) know this through some inspect, and are telling us to throw confusion everywhere.  That sorta seems like the most likely scenario to me.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 15, 2013, 12:55:43 pm »

As I said, it seems most likely to me, but not completely logically closed off.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 15, 2013, 12:56:52 pm »

So that only has an 11% probability because...?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 15, 2013, 12:59:17 pm »

Not 11% probability logically, as I said. It's my own assessment, gut feeling + some fuzzy logic.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 15, 2013, 01:27:46 pm »

Hmm... and what about the possibility that they're all town?  What conclusions can you draw about Vector and Zrk2 from that scenario?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 15, 2013, 01:29:37 pm »

Nothing, as far as I can see. Gonna wait on Vector's post for that.

Also, I am all for a preemptive Extend.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 15, 2013, 01:47:45 pm »

Tolyk: I got to pick from the NAMES of his abilities of which i did not know if they were One-Shot, Self, target A and B, or whatever else our abilities can have. (harder than you think man, Webs got some weird names for these things) I picked the one that sounded the most like what i wanted to know, which was what his chat/lovers ability did and all the strings to it. You forget that there could be someone messing with my inspection. (as i stated earlier) As for being "the perfect inspection", Sure, it sounds like that, but its only one-shot, and i don't have much in the way of abilities outside of this. I went out on a limb, (and i was getting tired of trying to sort out whether to trust NQT's claims or not) which proved fruitful for me.

Griff: Before you saw Toylk's opinion, what were your thoughts on my inspection claim? How about what you think now?

More after School, I have about 5 pages of Biology to type and an Essay for S.S. to finish before the day is over.  ciao!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 15, 2013, 01:51:27 pm »

First: One thing has been confirmed, he can't vote. It doesn't show up on the list so for one reason or another, he's telling the truth there.
Second: I just investigated NQT (got the results after the vote count, and yes i could use it during the day). Unless there is something screwing with my results, he's town.
Third: Considering he openly admitted to giving lovers to 2 people, it is plausible that if one is scum or third party, they want him dead but can't and that Sheep is lying.
Fourth: I haven't seen anything scummy from NQT's posts since the Lovers fiasco which leads me to believe my results.
1. Ok.
2. Hmm... day inspect. Never seen that one before.  :o
3. Why would a scum made-lover want to kill NQT? Why does this mean Sheep is lying?
4. LOL!
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 15, 2013, 02:02:06 pm »

Toylk's opinion
NOT THIS AGAIN AAAAAAAARGH

Who played with me before gets it.

More after School, I have about 5 pages of Biology to type and an Essay for S.S. to finish before the day is over.  ciao!
Why you scoundrel! We still have the Nazis to this very day! :P (I know it's social studies, but... :P)

Now, seriousness...

Tolyk: I got to pick from the NAMES of his abilities of which i did not know if they were One-Shot, Self, target A and B, or whatever else our abilities can have. (harder than you think man, Webs got some weird names for these things) I picked the one that sounded the most like what i wanted to know, which was what his chat/lovers ability did and all the strings to it. You forget that there could be someone messing with my inspection. (as i stated earlier) As for being "the perfect inspection", Sure, it sounds like that, but its only one-shot, and i don't have much in the way of abilities outside of this. I went out on a limb, (and i was getting tired of trying to sort out whether to trust NQT's claims or not) which proved fruitful for me.
Well, okay then. At least it's coherent.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 15, 2013, 02:02:32 pm »

@ZU:
I take it it's a one-shot inspect, which means it can be shot at absolutely any time.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 15, 2013, 02:08:02 pm »

Griff: Before you saw Toylk's opinion, what were your thoughts on my inspection claim? How about what you think now?

I don't really see any problem with your inspection claim, as you say a one-shot so it makes sense to claim it and share the information now.  Likewise I tend to believe NQT as his role seems fairly self contained and matches his claimed element; also if he had that connection to Ford it makes sense that Ford would have had a town read on him D1, making Ford's actions make sense.  I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but for the most part I see NQT as town.  I don't see TolyK's point about that clearing you of suspicion though, you could be using it to throw us off your sent and your quest for approval seems a bit suspect.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 15, 2013, 02:09:55 pm »

Wait, when did I say that it clears him of suspicion? I only said that it was coherent, but lies can be coherent too. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 15, 2013, 03:16:36 pm »

Ranger
I had been hoping for an inspect on me for some time. I hope you're legit.
I do have one problem with what i've found though, if a lover were scum, couldn't they have just gotten one of the other scum to carry out the kill? Any thoughts on this?
They could have, sure, but they wouldn't have known then that I was immune to a lover's attack. There are other possibilities however. Indeed, Sheep could be telling the truth and they could have targeted Sheep. Still a lot that's uncertain right now.

I've got a question for you: what was the name of my ability that you say you inspected? I don't mind people knowing its name.

TolyK
I have information that would be helpful to you, NQT.
Not claiming anything yet, though.
You had my hopes up there for a moment! I can understand your reticence. Let's see if I can convince you otherwise.

- Why would it make sense for scum to NK you to "not root them out"? That only works on the premise that you know they're scum, and you'll root them out. It would be better for them to lie low, wouldn't it, in this case? Or does it go down into WIFOM?
My argument is this: 1. I'm immune to kills from lovers. 2. The lovers wouldn't have known this. 3. Scum lovers would have a big incentive to kill me before I out them. 4. The results of the night are consistent with me being targeted by scum lovers. There are of course many other possible occurences, but until I have further info, I can't rule out the possibility just described.

- You've shown one of your abilities blatantly, you somehow know that Vector targeted Zrk2, and you have at least one more card up your sleeve. And your third ability is a daytime ability.
Is this a question? My lovers ability was a one-shot day-or-night. I could have received the information about Zrk2 and Vector from another player's ability. It's not in my interests to speculate here.

- "Zrk2 has some power that allows him information or powers from the person who targeted him"... what? Which hole did you take that out of?
I said 'If... Zrk2 has some power...', I'm not saying he has. If he does then this info I've just given might be helpful for him to know.

- Vector said "interesting". What do you make out of that?
Given that she was my sternest critic before, I'd really like to know what she has to say.

- If you were to be put to the noose today, would you tell everyone who the lovers were, or not?
If the lovers were leading it, yes. If the lovers were letting it happen without offering good cases on an alternative, most probably. If they had given a good case on someone else and were powerless to stop my mislynch, and there are other indicators that both are town, then I'd probably keep my mouth shut. Either way, I'd leave it late in the day to say so, to give the possible town-lovers the most breathing space. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

ZU
Are you serious? You knew you were "fond of Ford" and didn't think anything of it and lynched him?? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Also your role (based on your current claim) seems a looooooooooot more complicated than mine. Hmmm....

Also also, its difficult to determine why there's no NK, especially so in a BYOR and introduces so much WIFOM.
Pretty much. I was seriously kicking myself afterwards. I think this hidden weakness was put into balance the complexity/power of my role. Definitely reread your own role PM.

Tiruin
Please try to reflect for a moment before posting. Obviously, a scum lover wouldn't want me to say who they were, as it would make them much more vulnerable. All I know for sure is 1. there was no NK and 2. this is consistent with a lover trying to NK me and 3. a scum or 3rd party lover would have very good reason to kill me. Which part of this do you disagree with?
1. There may have been an NK and the killer may be blocked/delayed/hit a protect/hit a +1 Hp person (seriously, these exist - check up the past BYOR...that had a crazy amount of +1 people [ Where Hapah and Bookthras were bros])
> Why are you sure there was no NK as opposed to any of the alternatives above?

I think there was a NK and it failed. There's a lot of possible things that could have happened, hence why I'm holding off on outing the lovers, doing better reads and waiting for more information).

2. Consistent, agreeable, but that isn't the conclusive case unless you've pretty much of a case on those lovers enough to implicate whoever they are since it seems you're shedding more of a 'I'm afraid one of those I love is scum' light other than poke at suspects yesterday. While this is justified that you...can't vote (totally agree on the info though), that's how it seems to me - focusing more on scum lovers.
Sure, and I sincerely hope the lovers I picked are town and I'm not going to out them unless I'm as certain as I can be otherwise. However, this is exactly the kind of result I expected from lovers trying to kill me- and no one would have known this before hand.

3. ...Why you as opposed to anyone else? I mean, unless you've a puppetmaster's box of strings in that power, then they're quite free with their kill - the bare fact that you revealed that trap has either dulled your surprise, or there's yet another string in that ball of yarn you're spinning.
There always more strings Tiruin. Of the two people that have claimed immunity to attack, I'm saying I'm a more likely target than Sheep. Am I wrong here?

Is there anything that happened then, affecting your perception now?
At the BM? I'm not letting the fact that you were scum two BM's in a row make me think you're scum now- that'd be ridiculous. Also, I try not to rely on meta-tells. Of course though, my perspective has deepened with every game.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 15, 2013, 03:31:48 pm »

Wait, when did I say that it clears him of suspicion? I only said that it was coherent, but lies can be coherent too. :P

I'm fairly confident that Ranger isn't lying to us about the results of his inspection.  What you imply follow doesn't necessarily is your claim that this means they must be on the same team.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 15, 2013, 05:39:32 pm »

NQT: Cupid's Arrows I believe was the name of the ability... unless Web gave me fake names for your abilities to choose from though i don't know why he'd do that. I was hoping to you were town for a while now but all your ability claims were catching me off guard, so i decided to check into you on this to finally quell my suspicions and get someone i could trust without worry of a backstab. What you've said also made me go back to my Role PM and i'm... i guess the word would be intrigued. I'm not sure what to make of what i found but your right, the PMs hide stuff.

Griff: I'm mostly trying to get reads from my inspect claim. Its not much, but i don't really have anything to go off for now until Zrk posts something substantial that i can read, or i find something suspicious of those currently posting.

One thing thats been on my mind of late is the possibility of a third party around. I could see a survivor being around, or maybe a Serial Killer (though the total lack of NKs makes an SK seem unlikely) If there is a thrid-party, we could be in trouble or in for some good news.

Another thing is the way my results were typed. It seemed almost like, a regular post in game, almost like its missing the Webadict style to it... I really hope i'm not getting trolled by someone elses ability.

I'll agree with Tolyk, EXTEND. We're gonna need a lot more time for this.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 93