_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937436 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's like Monkey's Paw, the RTD
« Reply #18630 on: September 26, 2013, 10:48:24 am »

((His response is...amusing.))
(( Haha sweet i figured id end up with something like that. )).

((Quick question about the arguable conclusion of the Ballad of Mesor the Moron:))
[The Doctor] moves in a blur, an indistinguishable flicker white and glint of metal, and then he's holding your hand, severed at the wrist. You don't feel a thing, even though you're bleeding profusely. He takes a step forward and shoves the severed appendage into your remaining hand.
((What happened there?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18631 on: September 26, 2013, 11:17:32 am »

((Mr. Masor threatened the Doc. That was the result. I also believe it was the first time The Doc showed some of his combat prowess. I forget what he went for, but I believe it was some sort of variation on becoming painless. He wanted his nervous system severed, which is stupid.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18632 on: September 26, 2013, 12:06:33 pm »

((Mr. Masor threatened the Doc. That was the result. I also believe it was the first time The Doc showed some of his combat prowess. I forget what he went for, but I believe it was some sort of variation on becoming painless. He wanted his nervous system severed, which is stupid.))
((Stupid stupid stupid.))

((My first character was incinerated in the heart of a miniature star he created by accident when he tried to use his manipulator in a way that it was not designed to be used.))
((That sounds awesome. What were you trying to do?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18633 on: September 26, 2013, 12:29:23 pm »

((My first character was incinerated in the heart of a miniature star he created by accident when he tried to use his manipulator in a way that it was not designed to be used.))
((That sounds awesome. What were you trying to do?))

OOPSIE.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18634 on: September 26, 2013, 02:13:24 pm »

Try new pill (coffee and metal shavings). As in, eat it. Eat it good.

Then see if I can get another permanent magnet for free. And a set of ball bearings.

You take your pill.
[will:2]
You begin jittering and shaking and running around in circles, your mind a complete, mess of violently changing and unstable thoughts. You completely forget why you're at the armory and run out, back to the gangway, tearing your clothing off as you go.

Your skin turns gray and flaky, like a robot with dandruff.

((PW, is there specific bomb syntax you'd like me to use? I thought 'deploy' was good for encapsulating both 'place' and 'arm'.))

Continue to follow Denzel like a big silent ghost, with provisos on sods appearing (Attack them and go for cover) or him jumping off the bridge or committing some other stupid act (Return to ship and inform of demise using cunningly emotive gestures)

Well, setting that bomb means placing it somewhere, then interacting with the keypad on it. You use that keypad to arm the bomb how you'd like to.

You stick with Mr. Washington

>The Sods here shouldn't. But the UWM at large does.
"Good. Defending this place from an attack by air would be hard. With our forces such as they are, our best chances of taking down a flying enemy are the drones, and good old-fashioned marksmanship - and I've no real faith in either, to be honest."

Anton looks over the defending team, arrayed somewhat haphazardly all along the gangway, mingling inbetween the crates.

"We're exposed like an air-cooled engine out here."

He turns up the radio, addressing the people currently on the gangway.

"Anyone feeling like doing some manual labor? It's kinda boring out here. I'm thinking we're way too casual about our defense here at the moment. If anyone tries to shoot us from the side, through those windows there, we won't have proper cover. I'm going to use the crates here and make us a pillbox around the hangar entrance." He looks over at Xan. "Not a literal one, hopefully. Anyone willing to help can make similar barricades further along the bridge."

Make a "pillbox" around the hangar entrance, lining the sides of the gangway with crates and forming a front wall out of crates turned perpendicular to the bridge (assuming they're rectangular), with gaps wide enough for a suited person to walk through. Make the 'box about as long as the gangway is wide, at least.

If nobody else is helping, arrange the crates into one more such "pillbox" further along the gangway.

((The idea is to make enclosures protected from the sides and the front, with gaps people could move through. Even if there are enough crates to make the whole gangway into a hallway, we will not be protected from the primary attack direction, and won't have a way of looking out to the side to see if anyone's leveling a rocket launcher at us or something.))
More crate shoving ensues and the level of crate based building sophistication increases. You succeed on building your little fort of boxes and promptly hang a sign saying "NO SODS ALLOWED" on the front.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I'll help."

Go help Anton,
You help anton complete his fort. You even build yourself a sweet little tower on the side.

Go find closest organic. Sneakily cut their Achilles' tendons. Then proceed to carefully carve them up into filets.
Oh dear.

Lets see...who is closest...

T. looks across with an indignant "You're more neurotic than the AI" stare. He gives a few "Nooo, they have to go straight to Mum as soon as it looks like life and limb are threatened" grumbles before moving out.

Gorat notices the man's reaction, and wonders if he broadcast his question to Steve rather than just sending it out, or if he is just that loud, then shrugs.

"Guess that's off from our list of concerns for now."

Advance to the next choke point.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

[Chin Intuition: 5]
Wait...your homicidal teammate sense is tingling....

You spin on your heel and catch Xan sneaking up behind you with a knife. You point your rifle at him.

"I'm gonna need you to stop being a creepy fuck. I know thats gonna be really hard, but I'm sure you can manage to go at least one mission without murdering a team mate or sticking your dick in peanut butter and slapping horses with it. Or whatever the fuck it is you do in your free time."

Anton, I recommend we deal with the windows by pointing drones at their face.  How many of those we got anyway?

(I'm having difficulty accepting the idea that we still have a modicum of stealth, this far into the mission.)

take two loose gundrones and set them up in the loading area between the gangway and the door, one on each side, facing the base.
This gangway is gonna have more camera coverage then the Oscars and more disappointingly ineffectual lasers then a stormtrooper brigade.
"Seriously? Flesh? How boring." He types something on his wristpad. "You better hope your friends are willing to pawn your stuff for ya."
"Boring?... I... I..."

EDIT: Be Bold so PW reads this

The doctor stares at you as you conduct an extremely long monologue consisting mostly of gurgling and charades carried out with your tongue.

He types something else in his wristpad.

Make a "pillbox" around the hangar entrance, lining the sides of the gangway with crates and forming a front wall out of crates turned perpendicular to the bridge (assuming they're rectangular), with gaps wide enough for a suited person to walk through. Make the 'box about as long as the gangway is wide, at least.

If nobody else is helping, arrange the crates into one more such "pillbox" further along the gangway.

((I suspect that Stacy might be willing to help...on that note, does he want to chat with Grate about the latter being a guinea pig?))

(Lyra is probably going to end up as Super Kawaii Small Catgirl Lyra-chan!!! :P And yes, the three exclamation points are necessary, they're part of the title.)
((That would be adorable...))

((Anyways. piecewise, did you get the bit where Feyri gave Grate some tokens? This means he should have, um...8-9 tokens, I think, minus the cost of the repair kit and plus the tokens from his mission, neither of which I can find. I'll guess I have 7, because that sounds right.))

Head to the Armory. Chat about potential purchases, before deciding to try out a microwave amp.
"It's not like I'm gonna freeze everything or sp-splatter myself or anything with that, right?"
(added tokens)
"If you're worried about self harm, you probably don't want an amp. Unless you're already really good with exotic weapons."
Too Far

Start moving back to the Gangway, keep eye on second gangway with cameras((From now on can I just assume I am doing that until furthur notice?))
Sure, we'll have you on passive "security guard" duty.

By the way, you see Xan threatening Chin with a knife. Might wanna tell people about that one.

((I have limited hit and run capabilities in that my suit allows me to jump out of a bad situation, and return to a marked location, plus my armored coat allows me a modicum of protection. Alas, the lack of ammunition, and the goddamn failsafes on the Sod equipment will limit my effectiveness in the long run.))

"Modified how? I don't like the sound of that. And do you know how they would deal with amps and other assorted space magic? Oh, and am I safe in assuming the basic sod doesn't have the brainpower for amps or manipulators? I'm willing to bet some have that capability though."

Send wristpad message to assault team detailing the new information I learned, specifically the modified sods deeper in the facility, and that the sods are trained to deal wih amps and manipulators, but have less knowledge on unique weapons, or artifacts. Then assist Anton in constructing more barricades, being on the lookout for any crates of Mun-Ex, and making sure they go in the hangar and do no become part of the walls.

((Edit: Wristpad message posted in Assault mission thread.))

>Oh, probably standard stuff cyborg stuff like sub-dermal armor,  enhanced reflexes and strength, combined with genetic modifications like those you can get on the ship, plus maybe a few extras like redundant organs. Nothing too terrible yet. They deal with "space magic" via determining the source and destroying it. They're good enough to know that amps and manips are reliant on line of sight to be precise and that they have difficulty targeting multiple, fast moving things. So they do their best to encapsulate those traits.

None of them should use those. At least not yet.

You help assemble the box fort.

Inspect the walls that the sods were running towards, weapons readied.
The wall appears to be pretty much the same as all the others, windows, metal reinforcement, etc. There are no objects around it, at least none that could be useful to a Sod.

Unless of course the sod was running for a metal chair and was gonna go all WWE on Miyamoto.

((I'm actually purfectly ok with that. :P))
((Beware Renen.))
((You're ok with that?
. . .
Nobody disagree now. :I))

Girl wants her body back. Needs 5 tokens to do so. You wanna pay or sell her stuff? Keeping head on ice till then.

Quote from: Response
I owe you, then. Whoever you are. Charge the usual 5 tokens proceeding this mission, if any, to her. If not, then the next.
And on a personal note, pay full attention to what she needs.
Do not hurt her.
Do not harm her.
I don't care who you are, but help her.
If you do hurt her, I will be coming for you regardless of my own life.

You have my thanks.

Respond, go ask the AM on...efficiency on the ship.
"Hi there AM. I noticed the...various ways an amp can be used and their power to certain extremes and can't help but wonder: why are conventional weapon users so disadvantaged against the amp users? Isn't there anything at all that you have there which can guard against an enemy or errant allied amp when it is used?

"I mean, surely you must've noticed this-given how you also use amps extensively."
You get another message.

I think your friend wants to be a giant..well relatively big house cat with thumbs? Does this sound right? Because I don't think she has brain damage, but I haven't ruled it out. It's also gonna cost more. Like 7. And a Tin of Fancy Feast.

"Conventional weapons have the advantage that they don't have a habit of murdering you quite as much. Also they don't break your brain. As per being at a disadvantage, I suggest you get a Cutting laser or Gauss cannon and try again."

((Charles can give the required five tokens immediately if someone asks him IC, after all, a speech-charisma character doesn't have much to purchase. Except perhaps a megaphone.))
Charles prepares another speech to keep morale up whilst trying to stealthily patrol the area.

I assume this means you want to charge your brain for speeching.

sit and wait
You sit on top of a crate and wait.

Continue to patrol, razor in hand. Wave to anyone who seems friendly.
Lets see...so no waving for Xan.

Thomas thinks for a bit.

"Something adaptive, so I can move around, and be able to change my location without giving too much visibility. Hopefully something that can go over the armor. Anything like that?"
"Well, as long as you don't care about being completely invisible, there are plenty of light bending materials that can be used to do that stuff. "

(( The artifact was either left on the Anomalous Planet, or it is in the hammerspace that is Morul's inventory. PW's notes say it's still with Morul, so presumably it's either on ship or in his back pocket of holding. ))

Steve, what's in these Mun-ex crates anyway? Or do we really not want to know? And do you know if there's anything we might find useful in the other crates, or is it mostly used crap and waste being taken off-ship right now?

Ask Steve, help complete the defenses, make sure there are no Mun-ex crates in any of the defense lines. Run around turning off hover trolleys after the outer walls are setup

>Explosive Munitions

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18635 on: September 26, 2013, 02:18:33 pm »

((Dangit, why are voices of reason trying to stop the kid from playing with dangerous space magic?))

"Well, I'm not really good with any weapons...and if I don't have any weapons, it seems like I'm going to be in a lot more danger than an amp or something is gonna put me in. Right?
"Do you have any other suggestions?"

Chat with Sensai.

((So...manipulators are the other main kind of space magic. The big downside I'm seeing is battery life--I'd need to constantly spend tokens to keep magicking. On the other hand, Grate's Intelligence is already pretty good. So: Fellow HMRC members, do you rhink manipulators would be better for Grate than amps?))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 02:21:04 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18636 on: September 26, 2013, 02:29:39 pm »

"Ay-ay-ay-ay-what? What-what? What's going on?"

Make sure I'm still wearing the MK2. That shouldn't be very easy to tear off, should it?

In any case, waltz to calm myself. Caffeine rules only the weak.

Also, check dandruff. Is it metallic or just... well... dandruff?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18637 on: September 26, 2013, 02:32:41 pm »

((Dangit, why are voices of reason trying to stop the kid from playing with dangerous space magic?))

"Well, I'm not really good with any weapons...and if I don't have any weapons, it seems like I'm going to be in a lot more danger than an amp or something is gonna put me in. Right?
"Do you have any other suggestions?"

Chat with Sensai.

((So...manipulators are the other main kind of space magic. The big downside I'm seeing is battery life--I'd need to constantly spend tokens to keep magicking. On the other hand, Grate's Intelligence is already pretty good. So: Fellow HMRC members, do you rhink manipulators would be better for Grate than amps?))
((Anton's gotten himself a mass murder manipulator (that's the microwave one), but primarily as a backup, last-resort weapon. Without some decent skills, you're not going to be effective enough with them to warrant having one as a primary weapon.

I'd suggest getting some basic gear, a bare minimum of efficiency at medium to close range (a hand laser does wonders for one token, and a monorazor doesn't run out of ammo), getting an amp if you really feel like you could use it, and basically sticking to what your character does best. Grate's a technician by trade, IIRC - so have him be that. People aren't only useful on the front lines in the HMRC.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18638 on: September 26, 2013, 02:34:38 pm »

"So, do we have an understanding?" Gorat asks the... whatever Xan looks like right now (kind of lost track of that.)

Be ready to defend myself. If attacked, use the rifle if possible, the amp if necessary. Try to keep the head intact.

((So, who will do more damage to the three teams? The enemies, or the "enemies" within? So far, the latter is winning... as so often.))

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18639 on: September 26, 2013, 02:35:25 pm »

But I POSSESS no PENIS, dELUded PERson!

Scurry off back to original place. Keep an eye out for anyone alone and/or vulnerable. Follow them if I see any.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:09:13 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18640 on: September 26, 2013, 02:36:48 pm »

((I would insist that you do not touch either. At least not the microwave ones. If you can get a magnetic manipulator, that would be better, not to mention way more useful in technical stuff. If you can't get that, get a cutting torch instead and leave unconventional weapons alone.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18641 on: September 26, 2013, 02:46:35 pm »

PW: why does the doc think this is a bad idea?

EDIT: upon further thought, the painkiller-fangs should probably be upped to induce sleep as well. harmless to someone wounded, but useful if I need to disable someone quietly.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 02:58:46 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18642 on: September 26, 2013, 02:48:48 pm »

((Because the flesh is weak.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18643 on: September 26, 2013, 02:50:51 pm »

PW: why does the doc think this is a bad idea?
((I think it's more that Lyra is a recently un-deceased head hooked up to life support, and is asking for something fairly strange, leading to the mention of suspected, but unlikely, brain damage.

Not a "bad idea" per se, but a strange one, coming from a potentially compromised source.

Also, yes. Flesh is weak.

Though I guess a catgirl can still wear power armor. Would you like the tip of the tail to be a stinger or a scalpel?))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 02:53:48 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18644 on: September 26, 2013, 02:51:12 pm »

(I don't know if he thinks it's a bad idea so much as you actually managed to creep the Doctor out. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 ... 2101