_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938139 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18555 on: September 25, 2013, 12:53:47 pm »

T. looks across with an indignant "You're more neurotic than the AI" stare. He gives a few "Nooo, they have to go straight to Mum as soon as it looks like life and limb are threatened" grumbles before moving out.

Gorat notices the man's reaction, and wonders if he broadcast his question to Steve rather than just sending it out, or if he is just that loud, then shrugs.

"Guess that's off from our list of concerns for now."

Advance to the next choke point.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18556 on: September 25, 2013, 01:01:12 pm »

Anton, I recommend we deal with the windows by pointing drones at their face.  How many of those we got anyway?
"Well, the rack holds ten, but unless you park them on something they're not going to last long. They're a good way to keep watch, but their fuel is finite, and their weapons aren't exactly powerful. Keep them parked on top of crates so that you can look over our barricades and react to danger, but try not to waste their fuel."

(I'm having difficulty accepting the idea that we still have a modicum of stealth, this far into the mission.)
((We did kinda cut all communications before attacking, so as long as nobody is sitting on some tall tower keeping watch, and/or had the foresight to equip the sods with walkie-talkies, nobody really knows what happens here unless someone who's seen it runs to them and tells them.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18557 on: September 25, 2013, 01:30:09 pm »

Make a "pillbox" around the hangar entrance, lining the sides of the gangway with crates and forming a front wall out of crates turned perpendicular to the bridge (assuming they're rectangular), with gaps wide enough for a suited person to walk through. Make the 'box about as long as the gangway is wide, at least.

If nobody else is helping, arrange the crates into one more such "pillbox" further along the gangway.

((I suspect that Stacy might be willing to help...on that note, does he want to chat with Grate about the latter being a guinea pig?))

(Lyra is probably going to end up as Super Kawaii Small Catgirl Lyra-chan!!! :P And yes, the three exclamation points are necessary, they're part of the title.)
((That would be adorable...))

((Anyways. piecewise, did you get the bit where Feyri gave Grate some tokens? This means he should have, um...8-9 tokens, I think, minus the cost of the repair kit and plus the tokens from his mission, neither of which I can find. I'll guess I have 7, because that sounds right.))

Head to the Armory. Chat about potential purchases, before deciding to try out a microwave amp.
"It's not like I'm gonna freeze everything or sp-splatter myself or anything with that, right?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18558 on: September 25, 2013, 01:37:04 pm »

((I suspect that Stacy might be willing to help...on that note, does he want to chat with Grate about the latter being a guinea pig?))

((Stacy's not going to give pills to Grate on the grounds that he's not a terrible human being on purpose.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18559 on: September 25, 2013, 01:46:08 pm »

(Lyra is probably going to end up as Super Kawaii Small Catgirl Lyra-chan!!! :P And yes, the three exclamation points are necessary, they're part of the title.)
(Probably would be, actually. :P Anyway, are you sure about a Microwave amp? The Mass Manipulator amp is proving ridiculously useful so far this mission and I believe I'm the only person with one, whereas I'm pretty sure Xan, Pancaek, and Lyra all have a Microwave amp, as does Jim. Basically I'm saying if you got the cash, maybe go for the other so you can bring something relatively rare to the table? Just a suggestion. Nevermind; unless the idiotsinspace.txt is out of date you don't have the willpower for a Mass Manip.)

(EDIT: Also I quoted the Armory into my first post in this thread (it's the second one on the first page) for everyone's convenience.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:58:16 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18560 on: September 25, 2013, 01:52:42 pm »

>Artifacts and weapons developed on this ship should be things they can't deal with as well. They'll deal, but not well. They know manipulators and amps, and they know how to deal with them, given the chance.

((Ooh, ask how they're trained to deal with amps/manips. I'm guessing swarm tactics or putting up a bullet hell, but I'm curious what the answer would be. Also, something I forgot to say before:

Just wait till you manage to take this base and then you have to defend it.

Just wait till this war really hits it's stride and the UWM starts pulling out the real weapons of war.

Just wait until what happens afterwards.

((Steve will shock us into coma, kill of rest of humanity or put them in stasis forever or assimilate them, then rule the universe by destroying every other sentient species with an army of murderbots (like the ones from mission 7). We doomed us all!)

((By the way defense team, did you consider just dropping one of those crates in front of the door? If anything, it'll slow down the sods, and you can use a drone to keep an eye on things. Though you'd also effectively box yourself in and limit your maneuverability a little.

You could also try to go for a more extended, stretched out defense, though that could be hard if there are multiple points of entry you'd need to cover. The advantage would be that you could bog them down by shooting at them at every corner, whereas one big defensive line, while more manageable and focused, would be screwed if they have any sort of big guns or high-end gear. Though they don't seem to have that, at least not up till now.

Are there any people here at the moment that could serve for hit-and-run attacks?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18561 on: September 25, 2013, 02:17:16 pm »

Are there any people here at the moment that could serve for hit-and-run attacks?))
((Whoever controls the drones can do harrassment, but the only person with the mobility and firepower to do hit-and-run tactics is currently emotionally compromised and necessarily occupied.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18562 on: September 25, 2013, 03:13:08 pm »

Too Far

Start moving back to the Gangway, keep eye on second gangway with cameras((From now on can I just assume I am doing that until furthur notice?))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18563 on: September 25, 2013, 03:36:19 pm »

(Probably would be, actually. :P
((I'm actually purfectly ok with that. :P))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18564 on: September 25, 2013, 03:48:55 pm »

((The sods have grenades. Those are potentially dangerous high end gear, depending on what type of grenade they are.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18565 on: September 25, 2013, 03:50:29 pm »

((Beware Renen.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18566 on: September 25, 2013, 03:52:38 pm »

((I have limited hit and run capabilities in that my suit allows me to jump out of a bad situation, and return to a marked location, plus my armored coat allows me a modicum of protection. Alas, the lack of ammunition, and the goddamn failsafes on the Sod equipment will limit my effectiveness in the long run.))

"Modified how? I don't like the sound of that. And do you know how they would deal with amps and other assorted space magic? Oh, and am I safe in assuming the basic sod doesn't have the brainpower for amps or manipulators? I'm willing to bet some have that capability though."

Send wristpad message to assault team detailing the new information I learned, specifically the modified sods deeper in the facility, and that the sods are trained to deal wih amps and manipulators, but have less knowledge on unique weapons, or artifacts. Then assist Anton in constructing more barricades, being on the lookout for any crates of Mun-Ex, and making sure they go in the hangar and do no become part of the walls.

((Edit: Wristpad message posted in Assault mission thread.))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:11:50 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18567 on: September 25, 2013, 04:37:28 pm »

(Probably would be, actually. :P Anyway, are you sure about a Microwave amp? The Mass Manipulator amp is proving ridiculously useful so far this mission and I believe I'm the only person with one, whereas I'm pretty sure Xan, Pancaek, and Lyra all have a Microwave amp, as does Jim. Basically I'm saying if you got the cash, maybe go for the other so you can bring something relatively rare to the table? Just a suggestion.)
((I don't think Grate has the Willpower for a mass-manipulator.))

(EDIT: Also I quoted the Armory into my first post in this thread (it's the second one on the first page) for everyone's convenience.)
((The repair kit doesn't seem to be there, or in the OP of the "OP Thread".))

((Steve will shock us into coma, kill of rest of humanity or put them in stasis forever or assimilate them, then rule the universe by destroying every other sentient species with an army of murderbots (like the ones from mission 7). We doomed us all!)
((I imagine that's against Steve's programming.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18568 on: September 25, 2013, 04:59:53 pm »

Inspect the walls that the sods were running towards, weapons readied.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18569 on: September 25, 2013, 05:25:40 pm »

((Beware Renen.))
((You're ok with that?
. . .
Nobody disagree now. :I))

Girl wants her body back. Needs 5 tokens to do so. You wanna pay or sell her stuff? Keeping head on ice till then.

Quote from: Response
I owe you, then. Whoever you are. Charge the usual 5 tokens proceeding this mission, if any, to her. If not, then the next.
And on a personal note, pay full attention to what she needs.
Do not hurt her.
Do not harm her.
I don't care who you are, but help her.
If you do hurt her, I will be coming for you regardless of my own life.

You have my thanks.

Respond, go ask the AM on...efficiency on the ship.
"Hi there AM. I noticed the...various ways an amp can be used and their power to certain extremes and can't help but wonder: why are conventional weapon users so disadvantaged against the amp users? Isn't there anything at all that you have there which can guard against an enemy or errant allied amp when it is used?

"I mean, surely you must've noticed this-given how you also use amps extensively."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:49:53 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 ... 2101