_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938122 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18540 on: September 25, 2013, 09:18:40 am »

((Or maybe put an action figure or something of them in it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18541 on: September 25, 2013, 09:24:14 am »

((Any of a human body's tissue is specific to that human, as far as body goes - with the DNA and whatnot. For something specific to the person, you'd have to nab some brain tissue.
((The brain tissue still isn't "symbolic" of the person, though, it's "symbolic" of brains and stuff. Maybe if we took one of Jim's amps or something. Or Xan's, since we don't care about Xan as much.))
((A given object can be symbolic of a whole lot of things at once. If you really want a representation of a person, maybe you should just do what other people do and make a doll.))

I also have an idea of what kind of weapon to make for Lyra, though that might require some cooperation from either the AM or the Doctor.))
((Please share.))
((She's got mostly dexterity and exo on her side, plus small size and a modicum of endurance. That in mind, I'm thinking of making her a custom exoskeleton armor suit, built to capitalize on speed, and with an onboard computer that's meant to synergize its control functions with a special implant - effectively replacing any Aux rolls for the suit's operation with Exo rolls. With the amp she has, plus some extra equipment (like dispensable medkits et al), she'd make an excellent support operative - fast enough to be where she needs to be, fast enough to not be somewhere she doesn't need to be, plus still capable of some heavy hitting and sporting some decent armor to stay protected. She can focus on self-defense techniques to get some melee capability, and she should both be decently safe and useful simultaneously.

Bottom line, a modified custom Mk3 (or MCS) with support equipment, controlled through an implant.

Of course, this is from a pure mechanics standpoint. It'd be up to Lenglon to say if Lyra would want anything like that.))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 09:26:30 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18542 on: September 25, 2013, 10:54:49 am »

((i like this plan)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18543 on: September 25, 2013, 11:26:44 am »

Who's skilled? This guy, that's who! I AM THE AMP - actually I'm not going to say that for fear of killing myself next time I use it. ... Wonder what happens if I use this on it?

Wait for metal to solidify, see if I'm capable of cutting it with sexy knife.
Also keep looking around for sods. If I see any, burn their knees until they fall.

[Will:2+1]
[Will:3+1]
You pull out your knife. You stare at it for a long time. It feels like you need to cut something. Something living. The world swims a bit, blurry and inconsistent around you.

Go join a teammate at a random choke point.

You chose the second one. Because thats where all the hip people go. Not like the losers at the first one, or the old men at the last.

Wander to some defending point, ideally one no one else is guarding, and sit there.

Wonder if I could get a weapon or a space magic thingy or something, or if the Armory is closed right now.
Yeah, sure, go ahead. Defense is pretty chill right now, I just want to keep people out of VR. But if you guys want to shop or have a barbeque or a dance party or something, go for it.

"Hey, who wants a free pill?"

If anybody volunteers, hand them the Lyra-Sand pill. See if sluggishness seems to be physical or mental in origin. And how significant it might be.

Get back into ship, obtain coffee or Advanced Coffee Substitute, whichever can be found first. Add to pill machine. In addition, add a bit of metal shavings - see if I can get some for free from the AM. Await result.

You wave your pill around, asking if anyone would like to shove it in their mouth. This isn't a metaphor.

Your sluggishness feels physical. Like you're limbs are moving a bit slower then usual.

You go get some coffee substitute and some metal shavings and feed them into the machine. It produces a pill. Yay pill.

"Great. So the bomb goes up, we all die no matter what, I guess. Can you disarm it?"

Ask Steve.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

>As far as I know it's not armed yet. He just put it down over there.

Keep checking the possible entry points for sods. Keep being ready to make their heads do rad 360° spins.
Totally gonna make it do a 720, then a nose grind, then gonna tear it off and play hacky sack with it. Gnarly.

"me..."
Speak

((ok, time to speed things up. Lyra wants to be back the same as before. I am aware of the token cost. Lyra is unusually small, and everything but her torso was recovered. as a result the amount of regen needed for that is signifigantly less than it would be otherwise. Lyra has ZERO attachment to the device that killed her the only time she has ever tried to use it, and inside a low-stress environment! (especially since it apparently is controlled like a manipulator, by typeing on a armpad.) would trading the sandbag for a full recovery be acceptable? doing that will leave Lyra with 0 tokens, and her microwave amp - less than people start with, but enough to function, if only just.))
"Seriously? Flesh? How boring." He types something on his wristpad. "You better hope your friends are willing to pawn your stuff for ya."

"Great. I was hoping you would say, "Dropping the ship would cause too much collateral damage", but the lack of a "Push this to drop ship" button nearby alleviates some fear. Now, tactics. You said the Sods were highly trained? Would that training include things like dealing with anomalous artifacts? I assume they would be trained to deal with amps, and other space magic. Oh, and seeing as they were designed for battle, any physiological changes from the norm? Like having two hearts or other distributed systems to make shooting for center of mass less effective?"

Await answer, examine a hovertrolley to see if there is any way to increase the height at which they hover. Also check for a way to remotely deactivate them.

((Damn. Oh well, I figured it wouldn't work, but didn't immediately hurt to try. Also, defenses are fun to design. EDIT: Dammit I have to start previewing these things.))
>Artifacts and weapons developed on this ship should be things they can't deal with as well. They'll deal, but not well. They know manipulators and amps, and they know how to deal with them, given the chance. Physically, these sods should be human, to keep up appearances with the tech and genetics ban and all. But I happen to know for a fact that there are sods that have been further modified. We'll no doubt see those later.

These hover trolleys are nowhere near as advanced as the one found on the ever infamous Dam Mission. They hover a set distance above the ground and appear to have a very short battery life.

(( My concern with that treatment option would be time, not cost. It's pretty quick for them to mount end caps onto your limbs and head and attach them to a body, and for them to cut out your brain and put it in a robot body, but regrowing you? That takes time, which you may not have if you want to rejoin us for the defense

Understanding that from an RP perspective, Lyra is not thinking about the time of the treatment :P ))

Well, that seems to have gone well... let's make sure these defenses aren't full of stuff that goes boom now.

Check the contents of the crates in the first defensive line. If any are labelled Mun-Ex, replace them in the defense and push them off to the side.

After checking the contents, see about turning off the hover trolleys in the first line.

You Find one of those type of crates lurking in part of the first defensive line and quickly scoot it to the hanger. That done, you lower all the crates into place by just turning off the trolleys and letting them all clang heavily down on the gangway.

"sigh"
move up along the gangway towards the assault team give a case of heatstroke to any sods, stay invisible and away from people who would bump into me
You stay "invisible" as you wander up to the big hole that the assault team made and sit down near it. No sods around for now.

Enjoy the view of the impressively effective and efficient carnage.  Then land the drone in a corner of the concourse so the camera can see people coming in.  Also, ask Steve as a free action if it's okay to dump the explosive crates off the gangway.
You land the drone so it has a good view of the area around it.

>Just put them in the hanger. Throwing them off might be dangerous as well as a bit obvious to anyone paying attention inside.

Also, everyone on the ship gets this message beeping on their wristpads.

Quote from: James Kelly to (General Shipwide Announcement)
Jim here. A couple of Sods were running for the outside wall and it might be a good idea to see what they were going for. Why don't two or three of you get your asses down here and check it out while we get down to business?

(I'm not sure if Piecewise would let any of you or not, but it can't hurt to try. Especially those of you looking for some action. :P)
Denzel perked up. A chance for action.

Quote from: Denzel Gaunt to James Kelly
On my way. Anything I need to know, directions?

Advance forward down the gangway, keeping an eye out for sods. Follow directions given.

You search around like Jim commanded, but don't find anything. Huh...what were they up to then?

*Sigh*At this rate they will kill themselves before we even need to fight

keep being sentry, move even further from team
You move all the way back into the hanger, then into the locker room. Then into a locker.

"Excuse me, what sort of camoflague do you have back there?"
"What sort are you looking for?"

"Great. So the bomb goes up, we all die no matter what, I guess. Can you disarm it?"

T. looks across with an indignant "You're more neurotic than the AI" stare. He gives a few "Nooo, they have to go straight to Mum as soon as it looks like life and limb are threatened" grumbles before moving out.

Move forward with Denzel, Removing the explosive charge on the way through. Check dead sods for grenades.
((Ok, so I might've forgotten that the 'long' walkway is only a few hundred yards...))
You pick up your bomb and follow Denzel in, checking corpses while he futilely searches the outer wall. All the sod's equipment appears to have melted.

blink 3x

"Oh boy, an extended dialog with a severed head. Again." He gestures to a nurse. "We need air. Gotta let it talk."

A few minutes and one tube later, you now have a constant stream of air running out through your mouth. Enough to allow you to actually speak.

"Alright, what do you want." The doctor says, leaning on the bed.
((I'd poke on..how its speaking in the first place..but >_<))

In regard to this: Feyri wishes to support Lyra in anyway she can.

That means asking why she can't see her in the first place.

Everything's quite fine anyway outside. They don't need my help.

"Because she's in surgery? A clean room? Not the sort of place to be walking in, covered in germs."

Your wristpad beeps.

Girl wants her body back. Needs 5 tokens to do so. You wanna pay or sell her stuff? Keeping head on ice till then.

"Look at those robots go! Why do we even need a team, send the three armored guys in and they'll tear the whole place apart.

Though I guess that's part of why we're not doing it.
"

Anton, no longer seeing any possible danger to cover from, steps out from behind the crates to get a better view.

"Anyone else feeling slightly useless?"

Walk around the gangway, look around, take note of crate markings, and try to see if there are any vectors of attack the enemies could hypothetically use besides the entrance to the gangway.

"Steve, do the UWM forces here have access to suits like our Mark Three?"

>The Sods here shouldn't. But the UWM at large does.

The biggest problem you see when it comes to staying in cover are the windows of the base. You figure that you could line the edges of the walkway with boxes, basically turn it into a hallway, and that would work.

All this pill talk makes me think I should work harder on "Poison", since it's basically that machine, but greatly expanded.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18544 on: September 25, 2013, 11:37:00 am »

((Xan you really need some anti-psychotics or something... perhaps you should ask the doctor for something that would temporarily alleviate the symptoms then stick t in the pill machine to get the effect permanently like you did with the xeno-spit?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18545 on: September 25, 2013, 11:39:27 am »

Try new pill (coffee and metal shavings). As in, eat it. Eat it good.

Then see if I can get another permanent magnet for free. And a set of ball bearings.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18546 on: September 25, 2013, 11:42:32 am »

((PW, is there specific bomb syntax you'd like me to use? I thought 'deploy' was good for encapsulating both 'place' and 'arm'.))

Continue to follow Denzel like a big silent ghost, with provisos on sods appearing (Attack them and go for cover) or him jumping off the bridge or committing some other stupid act (Return to ship and inform of demise using cunningly emotive gestures)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18547 on: September 25, 2013, 11:54:35 am »

(@Everyone pill-talking: If you really want Jim-parts so badly, ask the Doc if he's still got the remains of Jim's human body around. That's two arms and a skull you can shove into your pill machine. Assuming they haven't already turned those into food like they did the arm Milno lost on that same mission. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18548 on: September 25, 2013, 11:58:57 am »

((We don't know yet how the system exactly work though, I mean for all we know PW rolls to target a random body part before applying effects. Probably not, but it could. I'd say you make pills out of 1 material to start with, then try different shapes of that to see what different effects it has. I'd start with trying at least 1 more pill made with spoon, to see if the effects are the same. Then, try a fork, a knife, or something else of the same material. Oh, and have Pancaek melt of the excess metal, he has a perfect decomp too.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18549 on: September 25, 2013, 12:11:36 pm »

>The Sods here shouldn't. But the UWM at large does.
"Good. Defending this place from an attack by air would be hard. With our forces such as they are, our best chances of taking down a flying enemy are the drones, and good old-fashioned marksmanship - and I've no real faith in either, to be honest."

Anton looks over the defending team, arrayed somewhat haphazardly all along the gangway, mingling inbetween the crates.

"We're exposed like an air-cooled engine out here."

He turns up the radio, addressing the people currently on the gangway.

"Anyone feeling like doing some manual labor? It's kinda boring out here. I'm thinking we're way too casual about our defense here at the moment. If anyone tries to shoot us from the side, through those windows there, we won't have proper cover. I'm going to use the crates here and make us a pillbox around the hangar entrance." He looks over at Xan. "Not a literal one, hopefully. Anyone willing to help can make similar barricades further along the bridge."

Make a "pillbox" around the hangar entrance, lining the sides of the gangway with crates and forming a front wall out of crates turned perpendicular to the bridge (assuming they're rectangular), with gaps wide enough for a suited person to walk through. Make the 'box about as long as the gangway is wide, at least.

If nobody else is helping, arrange the crates into one more such "pillbox" further along the gangway.

((The idea is to make enclosures protected from the sides and the front, with gaps people could move through. Even if there are enough crates to make the whole gangway into a hallway, we will not be protected from the primary attack direction, and won't have a way of looking out to the side to see if anyone's leveling a rocket launcher at us or something.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18550 on: September 25, 2013, 12:30:00 pm »

"I'll help."

Go help Anton,

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18551 on: September 25, 2013, 12:33:56 pm »

Go find closest organic. Sneakily cut their Achilles' tendons. Then proceed to carefully carve them up into filets.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:41:38 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18552 on: September 25, 2013, 12:40:36 pm »

Anton, I recommend we deal with the windows by pointing drones at their face.  How many of those we got anyway?

(I'm having difficulty accepting the idea that we still have a modicum of stealth, this far into the mission.)

take two loose gundrones and set them up in the loading area between the gangway and the door, one on each side, facing the base.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:45:43 pm by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18553 on: September 25, 2013, 12:42:42 pm »

"Seriously? Flesh? How boring." He types something on his wristpad. "You better hope your friends are willing to pawn your stuff for ya."
"Boring?... I... I..."

EDIT: Be Bold so PW reads this
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:18:15 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18554 on: September 25, 2013, 12:48:26 pm »

(Lyra is probably going to end up as Super Kawaii Small Catgirl Lyra-chan!!! :P And yes, the three exclamation points are necessary, they're part of the title.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 ... 2101