_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938109 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18615 on: September 26, 2013, 12:32:43 am »

((Tiruin, Xan, Sean, kisame, SC, Cael, Paris...
thank you.

Devastator, if you want to keep on berating me, please take it to PMs. I'm perfectly capable of defending myself, and I don't want to clog the thread with useless infighting. to answer in brief, I disagree with every single point you've made in every single post on this subject.))
((Well *I* disagree with every single point on every single subject by every single person in every single universe. Because UNIQUE :P
But I'll admit that it IS a bit worrisome that you are apparently getting genemodded for free. I had personally imagined, if STEPHEN HAWKING didn't work out, that I would create a character who spent ALL his tokens on genemodding. And considering that even the simplest voluntary genemods are listed at prices that could take AN ENTIRE MISSION to obtain, it seems a bit messed that you essentially get some for free.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18616 on: September 26, 2013, 12:34:06 am »

thank you.

Devastator, if you want to keep on berating me, please take it to PMs. I'm perfectly capable of defending myself, and I don't want to clog the thread with useless infighting. to answer in brief, I disagree with every single point you've made in every single post on this subject.))
((Well *I* disagree with every single point on every single subject by every single person in every single universe. Because UNIQUE :P
But I'll admit that it IS a bit worrisome that you are apparently getting genemodded for free. I had personally imagined, if STEPHEN HAWKING didn't work out, that I would create a character who spent ALL his tokens on genemodding. And considering that even the simplest voluntary genemods are listed at prices that could take AN ENTIRE MISSION to obtain, it seems a bit messed that you essentially get some for free.))
((Thank you for the sexy knife, by the way.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18617 on: September 26, 2013, 12:44:27 am »

thank you.

((The Doktor is a UNIQUE person. Standard things, listed in the armory, that have been done before? They are boring, and you have to compensate him. New things, UNIQUE things? You need only ask. ^_^ Faith got a massive medical overhaul on the spot for literally just asking if it's possible. It didn't last long or do much good in the end, but still.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18618 on: September 26, 2013, 12:45:23 am »

-snip-
I'm not so certain this will be free. or even doable. PW has yet to weigh in. What's happening is I see an opportunity and so I'm jumping at it. I don't know if I'll get it or not. I don't blame anyone else for taking unique opportunities offered to them, and I don't understand why I'm being attacked for even trying to take this one while I've got the chance.
You should also check where the price of the mods comes from in the first place. when you're going to have to pay for a body anyway, the cost of making the body that you're making anyway have X Y and Z in it is signifigantly less than modifying a pre-existing, currently in use, one to match your desires (and without killing the body's owner). so, if this works, and you're willing to pay for a replacement body in the first place, and you have an idea the doctor hasn't tried yet, then feel free to cut your own head off to give it a shot.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18619 on: September 26, 2013, 12:46:28 am »

((I can see that she got screwed up, and is being fixed. The screw up was from the RnG, and most bodily replacements from that kind of stuff is essentially free.
As she has the choice of regrowing the body, or becoming a robot, I can't see any big problem with her asking for a little extra on the side, and being charged a little extra on the side. It's not really a big deal))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18620 on: September 26, 2013, 12:47:20 am »

thank you.

((The Doktor is a UNIQUE person. Standard things, listed in the armory, that have been done before? They are boring, and you have to compensate him. New things, UNIQUE things? You need only ask. ^_^ Faith got a massive medical overhaul on the spot for literally just asking if it's possible. It didn't last long or do much good in the end, but still.))
((Indeed. I have ... ideas that I can suggest to him provided that I can get fishguy's head.
And after the mission, of course.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18621 on: September 26, 2013, 12:53:38 am »

((Also, for the record, I am against Lyra getting genemodded by the Doktor. For two reasons, only one of them non-selfish. The primary, non-selfish reason, is that one way or another, the Doktor's genemod experimental subjects don't live long. They either have tremendously bad luck or end up having to fight other subjects to the death. For all the benefits Lyra would get from this (and, tangentially, everyone else - because catgirl on board ^_^), there still is that risk. Out of all of the Doktor's past patients, only... two, I think, are still alive - Lukas and whoever the electric fishman is.

The selfish reason, of course, is that Anton won't get to design a custom suit incorporating MCS elements for Lyra to use. :P))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18622 on: September 26, 2013, 02:04:52 am »

((I'm Just gonna weigh in my 2 cents here.  Lyra is PAYING for a replacement body, and is asking for mostly cosmetic changes on the side, most other cosmetic stuff has been free to this point, and it won't give her a boost in cmbnat or anything, just a new look))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18623 on: September 26, 2013, 06:07:37 am »

((To be fair, Yoink attacked me with a cleaver first. Sure it bounced off my skin, but it was totally self defence. And yes, to date, every genemod has died a horrible death. Seems the flesh is weak indeed.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18624 on: September 26, 2013, 07:30:53 am »

-snip-
((Lyra's paying tokens. I think that the deal is involving either selling the sandbag or getting an advance on her next mission's pay. As Lyra noted, if she goes back to her old 100% human body, she'll have nothing but a microwave amp, which puts her below what starting characters have. How is that not paying a cost?))
Also wait what? What's this all about being more likely to kill yourself? Where's that idea even coming from?! I don't even))

But I'll admit that it IS a bit worrisome that you are apparently getting genemodded for free.
((Even assuming this is true, and discounting my above notes, the Doc has done literally free mods before.))

((To be fair, Yoink attacked me with a cleaver first. Sure it bounced off my skin, but it was totally self defence. And yes, to date, every genemod has died a horrible death. Seems the flesh is weak indeed.))
((...Oh my. I hope it's just a coincidence, like female HMRC members dyinf by being penetrated from behind...))
((Yes, I know others said it before, but this was the most concise.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18625 on: September 26, 2013, 08:26:46 am »

((...Oh my. I hope it's just a coincidence, like female HMRC members dyinf by being penetrated from behind...))
((Yes, I know others said it before, but this was the most concise.)
((The fighting to the death isn't a coincidence, but even if Faith and May wouldn't have been included (and May isn't genemodded so much as (s)he's.. reconstructed), I think the rest would have it come up sooner or later. Even Cog.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18626 on: September 26, 2013, 08:39:09 am »

((Several other people have gotten simple modifications.  Miyamoto got a metal head.  Someone (I forget) got tentacle legs (or was it three legs?)  I think someone, maybe the previous guy, also got tracked legs.  Don't forget Cloud, who threatened the Doc and got a very BAD mod.

The doc does dispense little things- it's the big ones that seem to draw special attention.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18627 on: September 26, 2013, 08:50:50 am »

((Several other people have gotten simple modifications.  Miyamoto got a metal head.  Someone (I forget) got tentacle legs (or was it three legs?)  I think someone, maybe the previous guy, also got tracked legs.  Don't forget Cloud, who threatened the Doc and got a very BAD mod.

The doc does dispense little things- it's the big ones that seem to draw special attention.))
. . .

Feyri examines herself, while waiting.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18628 on: September 26, 2013, 10:21:59 am »

Don't forget Cloud, who threatened the Doc and got a very BAD mod.
((Which mod was that?))

. . .
((Did Geyri get a genemod or something?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18629 on: September 26, 2013, 10:25:46 am »

((This one.  Moral of the story is don't piss off the doc.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 ... 2101