_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1238 1239 [1240] 1241 1242 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938188 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18585 on: September 25, 2013, 07:30:26 pm »

((Be careful- she might grab a corpse and powerslide under you, shooting all the way.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18586 on: September 25, 2013, 07:37:19 pm »

(I'm not really okay with it, actually.. it's an awfully good payoff for blowing yourself up and wounding some of your buddies..  not the concept of the character, but getting paid for blowing self up.)
((If it makes you feel better, the Doc doesn't care either you are dead or alive when he decides to experiment on you - if Lyra gets something done to her, then it's something the Doc would do anyway if she asked for it before she killed herself. If it is something he doesn't find interesting, then he'll charge her.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18587 on: September 25, 2013, 07:46:05 pm »

Thomas thinks for a bit.

"Something adaptive, so I can move around, and be able to change my location without giving too much visibility. Hopefully something that can go over the armor. Anything like that?"

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18588 on: September 25, 2013, 08:11:02 pm »

-snip-
((Thanks for making allowances on my accidental metagaming. 'twas kind of you))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18589 on: September 25, 2013, 09:08:19 pm »

((I'm actually purfectly ok with that. :P))

(Lenglon confirmed to be Nepeta in disguise. :P

In any case, I think I understand. Lyra will still mostly be herself in body and brain, just with a few additions... so she won't lose anything about herself she really cares about, while gaining a few things she might like. Am I close?)
((:3 (I had to google Nepeta. I assume you mean the MS-Paint adventures character and not a catnip plant?)

yes, you are close. but you aren't quite dead-on. there are two side-reasons for this in addition to the one you found, one you can find from a really old conversation with Feyri, before their shared VR session to give you a rough timezone, and one a logical extention of her conversation with Jim + the conclusion you just drew from it.

This decision, like most, has more than one reason. you did nail one of them purfectly though.))
(I'm not really okay with it, actually.. it's an awfully good payoff for blowing yourself up and wounding some of your buddies..  not the concept of the character, but getting paid for blowing self up.)
((The Doctor himself expressed boredom with my choice, and he has always preferred if people ask him for something specific. also, his limitation is on people getting things for free. In my case, returning to normal wouldn't be free anyway. I do not consider the change a form of getting paid, I consider it a sideways transition of sorts. Lyra is sacrificing part of herself for this, which has value, at least to her. However, as SC guessed, the potental gains are hopefully going to be worth it. If you want something specific, and especially if you are willing to spend tokens on it, why not try asking him? his limitation is only on people coming up to him and saying: "hey, I wana get cool stuff for free. gimmie?", and from what I've seen, they also never have any ideas in mind when they ask. that is very different from what I'm doing here.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18590 on: September 25, 2013, 09:10:20 pm »

(Yeah, I mean the best troll. :3 Me being me I'll probably never puzzle out the other reasons - I'm a blockhead and I'll readily admit it. Still, at least I got one of 'em. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18591 on: September 25, 2013, 09:17:18 pm »

((Actually, I believe there was always a limit on genemodding and the like. Pyro's first character got upgrades from Doc, but got consumed by a nascent star he created. Meanwhile, Thrak gets upgrades, and goes on mission. Lukas gets upgraded, and, upon the safe return of Thrak, the Doc organizes the deathmatch. Thrak loses and is killed. In steps Cog, the first to get a free genemod, his boneskin treatment. He later upgrades to human spacesuit while the ship goes to hell when wires attack. He later vaporizes himself, taking the genemods back down to zero. During this Renen asks for, and receives training. So, really, there has only been one of each type of upgrade for the Doc, which makes a bit of sense. Pitting a genemod against a robro would be fairly one sided. So the Doc has a project for different types of upgrade. One for robotic conversion, one for genemodding, and one for a trainee. Really, the only reason we haven't come across more death matches is because the populations of Docs' projects have limited themselves due to natural selection.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18592 on: September 25, 2013, 09:26:30 pm »

(Yeah, I mean the best troll. :3 Me being me I'll probably never puzzle out the other reasons - I'm a blockhead and I'll readily admit it. Still, at least I got one of 'em. ^^^)
((This conversation is very important, the other one is dependant on you figuring out what she was saying to Jim earlier, and you said you didn't want a direct explanation of that.))
((Actually, I believe there was always a limit on genemodding and the like. Pyro's first character got upgrades from Doc, but got consumed by a nascent star he created. Meanwhile, Thrak gets upgrades, and goes on mission. Lukas gets upgraded, and, upon the safe return of Thrak, the Doc organizes the deathmatch. Thrak loses and is killed. In steps Cog, the first to get a free genemod, his boneskin treatment. He later upgrades to human spacesuit while the ship goes to hell when wires attack. He later vaporizes himself, taking the genemods back down to zero. During this Renen asks for, and receives training. So, really, there has only been one of each type of upgrade for the Doc, which makes a bit of sense. Pitting a genemod against a robro would be fairly one sided. So the Doc has a project for different types of upgrade. One for robotic conversion, one for genemodding, and one for a trainee. Really, the only reason we haven't come across more death matches is because the populations of Docs' projects have limited themselves due to natural selection.))
((Do you remember Faith's involuntary free modification? from when she gave him an idea? creativity draws the doc's interest.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18593 on: September 25, 2013, 09:58:01 pm »

(Also I wouldn't take any of her threats seriously. Tir's about as soft as a marshmallow. :P)
((I will smother you to death! D:<))
((Take me seriously!..please? :I
Rawr!))
((I'm actually purfectly ok with that. :P))

(Lenglon confirmed to be Nepeta in disguise. :P

In any case, I think I understand. Lyra will still mostly be herself in body and brain, just with a few additions... so she won't lose anything about herself she really cares about, while gaining a few things she might like. Am I close?)
((:3 (I had to google Nepeta. I assume you mean the MS-Paint adventures character and not a catnip plant?))
((. . .To be frank, I assumed the latter before I knew of the former. Plants!

On that note, I know what Lenglon's talking about.
No I won't tell you.
Ask me.
:P))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18594 on: September 25, 2013, 10:03:34 pm »

(Nope on both taking Tir as threat seriously and to asking. :P If it ain't confronting her fears then I don't know what Lyra's thinking. I'm not good with subtext and all of that.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18595 on: September 25, 2013, 10:15:06 pm »

(Nope on both taking Tir as threat seriously and to asking. :P If it ain't confronting her fears then I don't know what Lyra's thinking. I'm not good with subtext and all of that.)
((so far, so good. now, take it two steps further, combining with the information you already have...))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18596 on: September 25, 2013, 10:17:47 pm »

((Then I'll leave you guessing..forever~

You make me sad. :<
I'm a threat! I-it's not like I can't, y'know..))

((so far, so good. now, take it two steps further, combining with the information you already have...))
((Hint: Relate it with how you view me as.))

Feyri checked the infirmary door before checking back on the AM for her response..and while bothering her would seem like a good idea at the moment-she decided to contact someone else. Someone she could mostly trust with what else was going on.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > James Kelly
Hi Jim!

If you didn't hear, I'm back on the ship and am tasked with its defense. Sorry for bothering you but I had that feeling that you might've missed me!
..Did he not notice me in the briefing room?
You didn't want to be noticed.
Riiiight.

Oh, also, we're doing quite fine back here and I hope you're doing fine over there!

Take care!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18597 on: September 25, 2013, 10:33:51 pm »

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
No, I figured you were. I heard about what happened. Sorry I wasn't there.

As for the current situation, we just split with Miyamoto's team and we're moving toward the ARES, although our path is temporarily blocked by the fact that the elevator is locked with a keycode. >.< If I can't get someone to unlock it I'm just going to have to open it by force.

A serious question, considering the talk we had about why you ended up in the HMRC in the first place... Steve's plan... How do you feel about it?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18598 on: September 25, 2013, 10:42:31 pm »

I feel like I should've gone on the assault team so I can pour outright vindication on those who are wronging the universe.

But then that'd be traced--when I say that, I mean it's in a person-level, and not the whole government as a whole.

..I feel bad, is what I'm saying. Also, try to hit the electric signals on that keycode-there are lots of permutations on it, so just hack it.

And I mean literally. Hack it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18599 on: September 25, 2013, 10:50:34 pm »

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
I didn't mean this mission. I meant the larger scope of it. We're really going to overthrow the UWM or die trying.
Pages: 1 ... 1238 1239 [1240] 1241 1242 ... 2101