_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938115 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18495 on: September 24, 2013, 03:49:22 pm »

((Charles will try and cover the difference with his five unspent tokens if required. Assuming that the sandbag is considered 'used' and thus equates to four tokens, the five contributed tokens would bring it to a total of nine. Lyra's small body size and the presence of most of her body should reduce the cost by at least one thus covering the cost. If it counts as 'unused' and is returned for the full eight tokens, the above mentioned factors should be enough to cover the cost.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18496 on: September 24, 2013, 03:55:07 pm »

"Great. I was hoping you would say, "Dropping the ship would cause too much collateral damage", but the lack of a "Push this to drop ship" button nearby alleviates some fear. Now, tactics. You said the Sods were highly trained? Would that training include things like dealing with anomalous artifacts? I assume they would be trained to deal with amps, and other space magic. Oh, and seeing as they were designed for battle, any physiological changes from the norm? Like having two hearts or other distributed systems to make shooting for center of mass less effective?"

Await answer, examine a hovertrolley to see if there is any way to increase the height at which they hover. Also check for a way to remotely deactivate them.

((Damn. Oh well, I figured it wouldn't work, but didn't immediately hurt to try. Also, defenses are fun to design. EDIT: Dammit I have to start previewing these things.))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:49:39 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18497 on: September 24, 2013, 04:23:51 pm »

(( My concern with that treatment option would be time, not cost. It's pretty quick for them to mount end caps onto your limbs and head and attach them to a body, and for them to cut out your brain and put it in a robot body, but regrowing you? That takes time, which you may not have if you want to rejoin us for the defense

Understanding that from an RP perspective, Lyra is not thinking about the time of the treatment :P ))

Well, that seems to have gone well... let's make sure these defenses aren't full of stuff that goes boom now.

Check the contents of the crates in the first defensive line. If any are labelled Mun-Ex, replace them in the defense and push them off to the side.

After checking the contents, see about turning off the hover trolleys in the first line.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #18498 on: September 24, 2013, 05:26:58 pm »

"sigh"
move up along the gangway towards the assault team give a case of heatstroke to any sods, stay invisible and away from people who would bump into me
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18499 on: September 24, 2013, 05:39:28 pm »

Enjoy the view of the impressively effective and efficient carnage.  Then land the drone in a corner of the concourse so the camera can see people coming in.  Also, ask Steve as a free action if it's okay to dump the explosive crates off the gangway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18500 on: September 24, 2013, 05:43:15 pm »

Also, everyone on the ship gets this message beeping on their wristpads.

Quote from: James Kelly to (General Shipwide Announcement)
Jim here. A couple of Sods were running for the outside wall and it might be a good idea to see what they were going for. Why don't two or three of you get your asses down here and check it out while we get down to business?

(I'm not sure if Piecewise would let any of you or not, but it can't hurt to try. Especially those of you looking for some action. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18501 on: September 24, 2013, 06:06:40 pm »

Jim here. A couple of Sods were running for the outside wall and it might be a good idea to see what they were going for. Why don't two or three of you get your asses down here and check it out while we get down to business?

(I'm not sure if Piecewise would let any of you or not, but it can't hurt to try. Especially those of you looking for some action. :P)
Denzel perked up. A chance for action.

Quote from: Denzel Gaunt to James Kelly
On my way. Anything I need to know, directions?

Advance forward down the gangway, keeping an eye out for sods. Follow directions given.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18502 on: September 24, 2013, 06:43:01 pm »

*Sigh*At this rate they will kill themselves before we even need to fight

keep being sentry, move even further from team
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18503 on: September 24, 2013, 06:54:22 pm »

Quote from: James Kelly to Denzel Gaunt
Get at least one person for back-up if you can. In any case, when you enter this main area you'll see two dead Sods that were shot in the back of the head - Lars got them as they were running for it - and are farther away than the rest of the bodies. Just head in the direction they were going. Stay alert, and good luck.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18504 on: September 24, 2013, 06:58:21 pm »

Quote from: James Kelly to Denzel Gaunt
Get at least one person for back-up if you can. In any case, when you enter this main area you'll see two dead Sods that were shot in the back of the head - Lars got them as they were running for it - and are farther away than the rest of the bodies. Just head in the direction they were going. Stay alert, and good luck.

Quote from: Denzel Gaunt to James Kelly
Will do.

Quote from: Denzel Gaunt to Defense Team
I need someone to accompany me to help out the assault team with some investigation stuff. No enemies are visible as of yet, but you'll probably want to be armed anyway.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:29:36 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18505 on: September 24, 2013, 08:25:05 pm »

Quote from: Xan to James Kelly
I'm good. Experimenting with sexy knife, so I'll stay out and fry the fools who try to kill me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18506 on: September 24, 2013, 08:47:03 pm »

"Excuse me, what sort of camoflague do you have back there?"

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18507 on: September 24, 2013, 09:04:43 pm »

"Great. So the bomb goes up, we all die no matter what, I guess. Can you disarm it?"

T. looks across with an indignant "You're more neurotic than the AI" stare. He gives a few "Nooo, they have to go straight to Mum as soon as it looks like life and limb are threatened" grumbles before moving out.

Move forward with Denzel, Removing the explosive charge on the way through. Check dead sods for grenades.
((Ok, so I might've forgotten that the 'long' walkway is only a few hundred yards...))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:11:58 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18508 on: September 24, 2013, 09:32:01 pm »

Quote from: Xan to James Kelly
I'm good. Experimenting with sexy knife, so I'll stay out and fry the fools who try to kill me.

Quote from: James Kelly to Xan
Well, if you're doing experiments, there's plenty of dead Sods out there for your knife. Just saying. ;|

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18509 on: September 24, 2013, 09:32:46 pm »

Quote from: Xan->James Kelly
But I like not being shot.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 ... 2101