_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938059 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18600 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59:23 pm »

. . .
That bad, huh?
I heard most of it. But it doesn't jive well.
So in the pretext of a rebellion, then in a success, we'll implement our own laws to check whether it'll be worth it to 'ratify' what's wrong and what isn't, as we're really taking it seriously on that case.

What I think? We're doing this for a right. Dictatorship will never be the way of ruling truly right and correctly. The whole concept of the HMRC? Trash. Throwing away people's lives because they committed a mistake in their lives.

Whoever judges such, given how I see the people here, is a tyrant who abuses the law.

So yes. I really do mean Take Care. Because I..I have no other choice than to concede for doing all this, now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18601 on: September 25, 2013, 11:04:45 pm »

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
To be honest, I have no idea what Steve is going to create from the ashes of the UWM. I only know the best we can hope for is a fresh start, for those of the HMRC who didn't deserve to end up here... like the two who are hanging around you. Every government is going to descend into corruption and uselessness eventually. Luckily, you and I won't live that long. Assuming we all make it through this, we'll get to live and die peacefully in an age of new hope and boundless horizons.

And if we fail, well, hell. All we'll be doing is leaving the UWM behind. No big loss there.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18602 on: September 25, 2013, 11:11:21 pm »

((The Doctor himself expressed boredom with my choice, and he has always preferred if people ask him for something specific. also, his limitation is on people getting things for free. In my case, returning to normal wouldn't be free anyway. I do not consider the change a form of getting paid))

((Last bit on this subject, but getting what you want is getting paid.  You're asking for an upgrade from a robot body, which is what you would have now, since you misplaced your previous one.  I will be a bit miffed if you get what amounts to a ten token upgrade for a cloned body, in lieu of payment for a mission where you blew yourself up and risked bodily harm to other players on about your second action.

It's not so much the body or the upgrade, it's coming one pip away from perma-death, and there aren't going to be any in-character consequences.  You won't have to live with a mission in a robot body before you can afford to get one cloned back.  You won't have to worry about running out of tokens, because there's plenty of tokens for players to loan you.  And, in all honesty, your (thoroughly enjoyable, mind you, this thought is just from the point of view of my character) justification for the cat-girl form would seem to strongly encourage more split-second decisions and instant reactions that could only end with you being even more likely to kill yourself, and from the track record, probably quite a few others as well.

I suppose Leo will mellow out about this after a while, but remember this is his first mission, and he's always been a careful, steady kind of guy.

Oh, and don't forget, your choice was 'no, I don't want a robot body'))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:12:54 pm by Devastator »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18603 on: September 25, 2013, 11:15:35 pm »

((...Misplaced? >_<
ALSO, It was NOT in her intent to "blow up", as you put it. It wasn't even in any situation wherein that was expected! The whole thing was a total surprise to everyone involved!

Also wait what? What's this all about being more likely to kill yourself? Where's that idea even coming from?! I don't even))
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly
Every government has its faults-and will only descend into such a state if both the people working in it, let it, and the people supporting them and who it supports, ignore it.

. . .It's just that the fear is so paramount in its..effect on people, that many just don't act--yeah, they voice out their words, but action isn't always taken despite that. Like, why there are 'Golden Ages' of a civilization, is because they were led by a good ruler.

It's all in how both relate. And I believe Steve or whoever is heading this rebellion has his own reasons, but...well, I just wish we were better informed on the case.

..Even if we're 'soldiers'.

And I...can't fully say I'd like to be dead before any of that happens, really. I'm unsure, Jim.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18604 on: September 25, 2013, 11:18:09 pm »

((Talk to me if you want a walking source of harm to other players. I've rolled an 8 about 6 times now and I've done one mission to date.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18605 on: September 25, 2013, 11:24:11 pm »

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
What, do you want to live forever? I trust Steve to at least set things up right. Eventually it'll be humans who destroy the system, same as it always has been. I figure we'll have at least a good century or two before that happens, and I don't envy the people who'll end up in that time period.

As for who's heading it... for the Paracelsus Sword, anyway... that person is me, at least in name, with Miyamoto as my right hand and Milno as my left. When it comes time for the history books to be written, though, I think I'll pass the honor on to Miyamoto. He's the smart one of the two of us. I'm just the guy Steve trusts to keep the rest of us in line and lead the charge.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18606 on: September 25, 2013, 11:59:49 pm »

((The Doctor himself expressed boredom with my choice, and he has always preferred if people ask him for something specific. also, his limitation is on people getting things for free. In my case, returning to normal wouldn't be free anyway. I do not consider the change a form of getting paid))

((Last bit on this subject, but getting what you want is getting paid.  You're asking for an upgrade from a robot body, which is what you would have now, since you misplaced your previous one.  I will be a bit miffed if you get what amounts to a ten token upgrade for a cloned body, in lieu of payment for a mission where you blew yourself up and risked bodily harm to other players on about your second action.

It's not so much the body or the upgrade, it's coming one pip away from perma-death, and there aren't going to be any in-character consequences.  You won't have to live with a mission in a robot body before you can afford to get one cloned back.  You won't have to worry about running out of tokens, because there's plenty of tokens for players to loan you.  And, in all honesty, your (thoroughly enjoyable, mind you, this thought is just from the point of view of my character) justification for the cat-girl form would seem to strongly encourage more split-second decisions and instant reactions that could only end with you being even more likely to kill yourself, and from the track record, probably quite a few others as well.

I suppose Leo will mellow out about this after a while, but remember this is his first mission, and he's always been a careful, steady kind of guy.

Oh, and don't forget, your choice was 'no, I don't want a robot body'))
((Thing is, everyone has that choice here. Coming "a pip away from permadeath" happens quite regularly, and consequences are few and far between. Upgrades, especially by the Doktor, are typically free in the conventional sense, although may carry other costs, and conventional upgrades are fairly cheap. The robotic body is in itself an upgrade, as it feels little pain and doesn't really suffer from things like "bleeding out", and it's essentially free. Choosing not to have that is not a bonus. Whatever happens afterwards with her biological form could have happened just as easily if she accidentally fell asleep in the Infirmary while the Doktor was around - he's that kind of guy.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18607 on: September 26, 2013, 12:08:54 am »

((Also remember the general fear and loathing towards genetic modification. I was actually prevented from joining a mission as Cog because his appearance would have got him shot on sight by mission control. Everything has downsides. Sure I could breath in space, but any civilian or UWM soldiers I came across would almost immediately run/open fire with extreme prejudice upon seeing my "twisted flesh" as the AM put it.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18608 on: September 26, 2013, 12:14:59 am »

((Tiruin, Xan, Sean, kisame, SC, Cael, Paris...
thank you.

Devastator, if you want to keep on berating me, please take it to PMs. I'm perfectly capable of defending myself, and I don't want to clog the thread with useless infighting. to answer in brief, I disagree with every single point you've made in every single post on this subject.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18609 on: September 26, 2013, 12:18:03 am »

((Also remember the general fear and loathing towards genetic modification. I was actually prevented from joining a mission as Cog because his appearance would have got him shot on sight by mission control. Everything has downsides. Sure I could breath in space, but any civilian or UWM soldiers I came across would almost immediately run/open fire with extreme prejudice upon seeing my "twisted flesh" as the AM put it.))
((What the hell was Cog anyway? How'd he die?))
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18610 on: September 26, 2013, 12:18:58 am »

((living spaceship, vaporized by the golden cube of death during initial testing.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18611 on: September 26, 2013, 12:19:44 am »

((...and how'd he become a living spaceship?))
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18612 on: September 26, 2013, 12:20:19 am »

(( Cog was a guy that gave the doctor an idea, as opposed to the usual 'do something to me!' genemod.

He wanted to be a spaceship.

He got vaporized by an alien artifact (THAT IS STILL ON THE SHIP, at last count) before he could be sent out on a mission, but not before piledriving another inmate into perma-death in a fight over a remote control.

Yeah. ))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18613 on: September 26, 2013, 12:20:57 am »

((He was a... well, a "mutant spaceship" is the best short description, probably. Space propulsion, armor, environmental insulation, the works.

And he died to randomly experimenting with a puzzle cube.

Where is that thing, by the way?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18614 on: September 26, 2013, 12:24:41 am »

(( The artifact was either left on the Anomalous Planet, or it is in the hammerspace that is Morul's inventory. PW's notes say it's still with Morul, so presumably it's either on ship or in his back pocket of holding. ))

Steve, what's in these Mun-ex crates anyway? Or do we really not want to know? And do you know if there's anything we might find useful in the other crates, or is it mostly used crap and waste being taken off-ship right now?

Ask Steve, help complete the defenses, make sure there are no Mun-ex crates in any of the defense lines. Run around turning off hover trolleys after the outer walls are setup
Pages: 1 ... 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 ... 2101