Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 87955 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 1: Death by spoon]
« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2010, 06:51:41 pm »

You people depress me. I thought that, should the extension go through, I'd get back and have another dozen or so posts to read.

You look more interested in having a lynch of any sort than lynching your top scum target.
Yes. I am not optimistic of my chances of lynching anyone in a few hours, especially if I hadn't gotten another chance to post before the day ended. I'm not convinced of Toaster being scum, and don't have much of a read yet.
I firmly believe in the town lynching every day, unless it's MYLO, or some sort of strange rule/role-based thing.

I understand the deadline is drawing very near, however. Are you willing to break the tie and bet that Mr. Person is scum, over [myself] and Criptfeind? And if so, why?
Yes.
Mr. Person is lurking greatly (Three posts. Three.), and that last attack post, with no follow-ups, looked to me like an attempt to appear to not be lurking. He's been online, but can't be bothered to grace us with his presence.
Criptfiend - He hasn't done much of anything notable. Suspicious, but at least he's posting, unlike Mr. Person.
Jim - You I'm more unsure of then I was during my attacks. I'm not ready to push for a lynch on you right now. If you're town, you might just be a shining beacon of light. If you're scum, at least you're more interesting then Mr. Person, and will incriminate yourself sooner or later.

Ironyowl: It seems you were waiting for me to post. Now that I have, who are you planning to vote for?

Criptfeind: You're not even trying to figure out who you'd rather lynch. Why?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2010, 07:13:14 pm »

Spoiler: More Jim Groovester (click to show/hide)

For the rest of you players, I'm making another post right now. It'll be done within the hour.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2010, 07:28:26 pm »

I don't really want to respond to all of that right now, because there's not enough time in the day. I'll just say that you're a giant hypocrite and I disagree with you on pretty much everything, and that shouting the same things over and over again at each other isn't really going to do anything or solve anything.

You're also completely fucking wrong on the lurker timer thing. That's a bunch of crap. There's no reason this deserves special mention, except for the degree to which it is a stinking pile of crap. Come on. That's ridiculous.

However, you came back to post and argue your point, and that's more than I can say for Criptfeind, who's starting to make me nervous again with his lack of responses. I think he might be trying to slip through the deadline without answering anything. I mean, he posted in another thread a few hours ago. Not a word here.

So I'll unvote you for now and we can pick this up again later. Always a pleasure arguing with you, by the way, can't seem to get enough of it in mafia games, the highlight of every game I play, I mean that honestly, of course, of course.

Criptfeind.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2010, 07:32:51 pm »

Ironyowl: It seems you were waiting for me to post. Now that I have, who are you planning to vote for?
Partially, but still waiting on Person and Criptfeind.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2010, 07:33:16 pm »

Are you mistaking lurking with active lurking?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2010, 07:37:55 pm »

No, it's just stupid to say that I can't call you a lurker immediately after you post, even if there's enormous gaps between your posts.

That's silly.

"Welp, he posted, guess I can't call him a lurker. Still mighty suspicious of how little he's posting though."

Lurking, active lurking, I use both pretty interchangeably.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2010, 08:17:53 pm »

"That COULD BE MADE to look scummy"? What the fuck does that mean? Either a statement is scummy or it isn't. If a statement isn't scummy, only the scum would try to make it look scummy. Congratulations, you're an easy second on my scumlist.
...The point of that plan would be to get people talking.  Making up accusations with little base for evidence would get people talking.
It doesn't matter how stupid my argument would have been, what would have mattered would be people's reactions to it.

You think it's OK to make up total crap just to get people talking?
I think if there's nothing else to go on, and RVS isn't giving us anything, then there isn't much choice.  I can't think of another way to do it, would you care to share a better solution?

Now that's entirely different. I thought you were bending the truth to make a lynch case on someone when you were just exaggerating how scummy lemon was acting to get him to talk. You're still a touch defensive, but at least you're not lying.

Where exactly was I bending the facts? If you want to make a case against me, you're going to have to post evidence.

A. You didnt answer my questions
B. What you say is true but after the second sorcerer NK we can also be pretty sure that Jim is scum as he only then would know who the town sorcs are.
C. Jims plans has a purpose, scum must watch out even more as they then can screw themselves up, but what about you? You lurk, post 1 post, lurk , lurk and pop up finally here to protest this idea without doing much and i probally guess you will start lurking more soon

A. I actually skipped your first one since it's totally useless. If you want me to answer it I will, but if I remember it correctly it was something like "why aren't you posting?" which I just explained why. It was also a little soon in the day to complain about lurking and whatnot. Actually, at the time I think I might of still been busy with non-video game related activities. Your second one, however, was entirely valid. I thought I responded to it but apparently it got eaten somewhere in the WoT. Sorry about that.

B. No, even if we all followed the plan perfectly and both of the town sorcerers died on the next two nights, that wouldn't prove anything about Jim's alignment. Don't look at what might happen, focus on the day game and what's going on right now.

C. Actually, yesterday was a total mistake. It shouldn't of happened. This is a very valid concern. Just know that when I post more often, it becomes invalid. And also that I didn't mean to miss yesterday.

Mr. person come in here are you just trying to draw as little attention as possible? and i may found a hole in Jims plan. Lets say that jim is scum he sends his pms as intented with everyone a color he gives 2 dudes the color of his buds scumschool or his own and direct a pm to his scumbuddy that states him to lie about his color and that he should vote for his. At the end of the day he already has 3 supporters allowing him to use his best spell which are good for most sorcs, now depending on the ability he or his bud gained he will think something that will probaly smash town or have a get out of jail card.

But i may be wrong if i understood the plan and what Jokerman summed up badly, so this may be another piece of useless text i created somewhere in the night.

No, I was just gone. 

So what exactly convinced you that Jim's plan was great? There will always be the risk that he's scum with a great spell if we let him be in charge of who assists who. There is no way of mitigating that at all. There's of course the risk that Jim can just tell his scumbuddy the assistance information and lie about who's assisting who at MC to get a townie lynched. We can only be sure a townie gets the information if three people who it, and then we can only be sure a townie knows it tomorrow if four people know it. At that point, the information is so likely to hit scum it might as well be public. And if it's public, it's not useful at all.

I also don't understand how responding with ad hominems rather than going after you is the opposite of scummy. If you were giving him an excuse, wouldn't it be scummy not to notice/care enough to go after you? It sounds like you're reverse-OMGUSing.
I didn't notice any attempts to pressure me to test for weakness and lynchability.
Doesn't that also mean he wasn't pressuring you to test for scumminess?
It's possible to read somebody without directly attacking them, if they're talking enough. I assumed that, should he be town, that's what Jim was doing.
So what would Jim have done if he was scum? Attack you for the scummy things you say you did? I'm not following your reasoning at all.
I don't know, but it would have given me more things to attack him with.

First off, enough with the fucking ad hominem. Just because I was gone for a day doesn't mean everything I have to say becomes invalid.

Second, this isn't good enough. What would scum Jim do in that situation? I'm not going to drop this just because you say you don't know. Come up with a reason.

Apparently my plan is scummy enough to not participate in but not scummy enough to vote me for.

I mean, it was, but then I guess for some reason it suddenly wasn't.

Because that is the only reason I have voted you ever.

Basicly, I feel that you will be more helpful if you are town then harmful if you are scum. Thus I am less willing to lynch you.

But do you think he's scum? You're being REALLY passive and waffly here. How helpful he'd be is irrelevant compared to what he actually is.

Mr.Person, you said Jim was buddying and voting Criptfeind at the same time, and noted how impressive a feat that was. You also said Criptfeind was making the same accusation, but you want him to explain how. Why is this?

What he's doing is less relevant that why he's doing it and what his thought process is/was.

etsquirrel, is Mr.Person still worth voting to you?

Yes, because he is obvously lurking to avoid attention. Either he has a VERY good reason or will make a poor attempt at thinking up 1! So far he hasn't done anything, he only answered few questions, He said Jims plan is terrible, he ACCIDENTLY forgot the questions which he did not answer. So from my ehm.... noobish point of view he is hiding his scummy ass from anything.

If you have something scummy I've done besides accidentally post for a day, bring it forth. Otherwise, your lurking case just got REALLY invalid, didn't it?

Unvote Toaster. You're a wasted vote right now.

Mini-extension request.

I might not be on for a few hours, and don't have much time to post now, so I'll throw my vote somewhere useful.

Mr. Person, of those close to a lynch, you seem the most likely to be scum right now. Three total posts in this thread, and the last was a massive attack/attempt to appear to be actually looking for scum, with no follow-up so far.
Criptfeind nearly got it, but at least he's posting frequently.

Now this post I take offense to. When you made it, I was quite literally asleep. It was also barely 14 hours past when I last posted, well within the game's lurker requirements. If you wanted a response out of me, you should of asked a question to me. Why didn't you do that?

Mr. Person is lurking greatly (Three posts. Three.), and that last attack post, with no follow-ups, looked to me like an attempt to appear to not be lurking. He's been online, but can't be bothered to grace us with his presence.

Quite ironic that while you were typing this post up, I was typing mine up as well. I note that you still haven't actually asked me anything useful. You seem to be very content to just sit on the fact I was gone for a day and use that as evidence I'm scum. I can tell you right now that me being gone was a total accident. I really did mean to post. So ignore the fact I was gone. What does everything else I've done tell you?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 19, 2010, 08:39:20 pm »

I also don't understand how responding with ad hominems rather than going after you is the opposite of scummy. If you were giving him an excuse, wouldn't it be scummy not to notice/care enough to go after you? It sounds like you're reverse-OMGUSing.
I didn't notice any attempts to pressure me to test for weakness and lynchability.
Doesn't that also mean he wasn't pressuring you to test for scumminess?
It's possible to read somebody without directly attacking them, if they're talking enough. I assumed that, should he be town, that's what Jim was doing.
So what would Jim have done if he was scum? Attack you for the scummy things you say you did? I'm not following your reasoning at all.
I don't know, but it would have given me more things to attack him with.

First off, enough with the fucking ad hominem. Just because I was gone for a day doesn't mean everything I have to say becomes invalid.
But I wasn't attacking anyone with ad hominems.

Second, this isn't good enough. What would scum Jim do in that situation? I'm not going to drop this just because you say you don't know. Come up with a reason.
You desire a reason for what scum Jim would do? You're quite upset now that you're at risk for getting lynched, and not talking sense.
Scum-me would have counter-attacked. I know very little about Jim, and so my answer for his reactions are the same: Counter-attack.

Quite ironic that while you were typing this post up, I was typing mine up as well. I note that you still haven't actually asked me anything useful. You seem to be very content to just sit on the fact I was gone for a day and use that as evidence I'm scum. I can tell you right now that me being gone was a total accident. I really did mean to post. So ignore the fact I was gone. What does everything else I've done tell you?
I wasn't complaining about you being gone for a day, but you only made two posts before you were gone, before you were threatened. Now that you're threatened, you're going all out trying to pin scumminess on other people. All that you've done tells me that you're scum.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 19, 2010, 08:43:36 pm »

If you don't get answers in time, how are you going to vote? We're at less than an hour and a half until the day ends. I hope you're paying attention.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 19, 2010, 08:45:51 pm »

Oops, missed one.

Unvote Toaster. You're a wasted vote right now.

Mini-extension request.

I might not be on for a few hours, and don't have much time to post now, so I'll throw my vote somewhere useful.

Mr. Person, of those close to a lynch, you seem the most likely to be scum right now. Three total posts in this thread, and the last was a massive attack/attempt to appear to be actually looking for scum, with no follow-up so far.
Criptfeind nearly got it, but at least he's posting frequently.

Now this post I take offense to. When you made it, I was quite literally asleep. It was also barely 14 hours past when I last posted, well within the game's lurker requirements. If you wanted a response out of me, you should of asked a question to me. Why didn't you do that?
I have a terminal case of laziness, and couldn't be bothered to go through your decidedly large posts looking for questions to use to pick a fight with you while other people were questioning you, particularly so shortly after my talks with Jim.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 19, 2010, 09:23:51 pm »

If you don't get answers in time, how are you going to vote? We're at less than an hour and a half until the day ends. I hope you're paying attention.
I'm note sure. I keep waffling around between people.

The fact that Criptfeind can't be bothered to show up makes it hard to not put him at the top of the list, but I'm not sure I suspect him most.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 19, 2010, 09:27:21 pm »

Who do you suspect most, then?

Or who are you waffling around between?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2010, 09:43:35 pm »

Like I said, I have strange feelings about Nirur and Mr.Person. Criptfeind's been absolutely worthless, but I'm not sure if that's really scumlurking and not just... not playing the game, or something.

I guess it's boiling down to Criptfeind and Mr.Person due to time constraints. Mr.Person has been defensive, but I'm not sure that's unusual. It is true that he came in rather dramatically when he was in danger of being lynched, but I'm not sure that's a scumtell, and he had some good points.

I guess ultimately, I'd like to lynch Nirur on a hunch, suspect Mr.Person, and suspect Criptfeind is town but am willing to kill him if he's not even going to show up.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2010, 09:51:56 pm »

8-9 minutes remain. Unofficial vote count:

Criptfeind   (3)    - Jim Groovester, Jokerman-EXE, KaminaSquirtle
Jim Groovester   (2)    - lemon10, Mr.Person
Mr.Person   (2)    - Nirur, Jetsquirrel

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2010, 09:53:10 pm »

I guess I don't suspect Person enough to try to lynch him, so I'll seal Criptfeind's fate.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26