Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 87892 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 1: Death by spoon]
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2010, 07:39:02 pm »

I started that bandwagon, thank you very much.

I am busy now anyway.

Also, you still have not said how this plan with help better then just PMing people.

As for unvoting you, same reason as before. Gut feeling.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2010, 07:46:09 pm »

Unvote.
As for unvoting you, same reason as before. Gut feeling.
I don't like this.  Gut feeling isn't good enough.  Do you have any actual evidence, Criptfeind, or you just going to spew this 'I can trust my gut' garbage?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2010, 07:48:03 pm »

Also, you still have not said how this plan with help better then just PMing people.

Are you joking? Read the damn thread. I've only been talking about it for the last two pages.

Doing this is better than just doing the assists randomly, because we (me, actually) will possibly get some helpful information from it. If it is helpful in finding scum and lynching them, then I will reveal that information. If not, then no problem, we continue scumhunting.

I started that bandwagon, thank you very much.

Your reason still sucked. Then you changed your reason. Then you dropped it.

Bandwagony enough for me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2010, 07:52:16 pm »

What the....?
I am confused. Why are all these people unvoting me? Not that I'm complaining.

lemon10, what about you? Are you one of the rats trying to get off the sinking ship or are you going to stick to your guns?
Godamn it, whenever i plan to do something (or think about it) other people do it first, then someone complains that i'm following them.
In response to your question, i'm not changing my vote, but i'm sorta suspicious of all the lurkers hanging around, and think that their is a good chance that one of them is scum, and not posting to avoid real suspicion. So right now for me, its kinda split between you, and Mr. Person

Double godamn it, after looking through the posts again, im now suspicious of how criptfeind dropped the attack (nirur's seems more reasonable to me), so i suppose, i'm following the bandwagon to stop attacking you (although not because the others dropped you). The argument against you is still strong however, but i'm changing my vote regardless.
Unvote
And, i'm not quite sure why they are dropping the attack either, does seem kinda odd to me too, i guess they trust you now (???)

Criptfeind[/color], seems quite scummy to me.
Nevermind, it seems bizzare, but not scummy, since i don't seem him dropping the attack if he WAS scum.
Triple godamn it, I'm not changing my vote, i'm still suspicious of you Jim

(i really should think things through before i type them up lol).

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2010, 07:52:59 pm »

Whaaaaaaaat okay.

This is a sudden reversal. You were actually in a decently strong position, at least with regards to why you were suspicious of me. Why the sudden turn around?

This is suspicious. Or at the very least, greatly discomforting. If you want my attention and my focus you've got it now.

This is the second time you've dropped your attack completely. Why do you give up so easy when you're trying to work at somebody?
Partly, I ran out of ammo. Other then repeating the same stuff, or complaining about personal attacks, I don't have much else for now, but could be attacking other people. Like Toaster, for doing nothing. Partly, I want to see what you say about this great plan's success tomorrow. Partly, I just really don't feel like any more verbal sparring right now.

If you have any actual attacks, rather then insults, come on.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2010, 07:59:51 pm »

lemon10: I think you're overanalyzing.  I see too much WIFOM coming from you.  This could be a sign of noobscum or noobtown, I haven't decided yet.  I'll be watching you.

Would you care to share why you're so suspicious of Jim?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2010, 08:05:40 pm »

Partly, I ran out of ammo. Other then repeating the same stuff, or complaining about personal attacks, I don't have much else for now, but could be attacking other people. Like Toaster, for doing nothing. Partly, I want to see what you say about this great plan's success tomorrow. Partly, I just really don't feel like any more verbal sparring right now.

If you have any actual attacks, rather then insults, come on.

I'm not sure I believe your explanation but I don't really have anything else to ask about it.

And come on, attacks instead of insults? Pffffffft, this is mafia. They are one and the same.

Nevermind, it seems bizzare, but not scummy, since i don't seem him dropping the attack if he WAS scum.

Why not?

Why is it bizarre for Criptfeind to drop the attack suddenly, but not scummy? Couldn't he be dropping the bandwagon now that support for it is shriveling up? That would be a scummy move. Doesn't his lack of further suspicion make you curious, at the very least?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2010, 09:04:54 pm »

Alright, PMs are out, and the list has been forwarded to somebody who for obvious reasons will not be named.

Be sure to change your assist, or if you haven't assisted yet, get that in. It's important that everybody assist if any useful information is to come from this.

If you did not get a PM, let me know.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2010, 09:46:03 pm »

You've never seen townies use WIFOM before? You need to play this game more.
I got lynched largely because of it one game.

Jim, I provoked you and painted a target on myself with strange accusations. You merely flung ad hominems, rather then going after me in retribution as an easy target. For now, I'm willing to place enough trust in you to go along with your plan.

Unvote Jim.

I'll look through the thread for suspicious people later. For now:

Toaster: You have no vote placed, yet didn't ask for an extension. Why?
So you got lynched because of WIFOM before, which was why you were attacking Jim for it, but you're still willing to "provoke" Jim and make "strange accusations?" Are you wary of things that get people lynched or not?

I also don't understand how responding with ad hominems rather than going after you is the opposite of scummy. If you were giving him an excuse, wouldn't it be scummy not to notice/care enough to go after you? It sounds like you're reverse-OMGUSing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2010, 10:44:16 pm »

So you got lynched because of WIFOM before, which was why you were attacking Jim for it, but you're still willing to "provoke" Jim and make "strange accusations?" Are you wary of things that get people lynched or not?
I find I prefer defense to offense, and people can be read from either position. If I can get people out of their shells and talking, but dirty myself doing it, fine. At least they're talking.

I also don't understand how responding with ad hominems rather than going after you is the opposite of scummy. If you were giving him an excuse, wouldn't it be scummy not to notice/care enough to go after you? It sounds like you're reverse-OMGUSing.
I didn't notice any attempts to pressure me to test for weakness and lynchability.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2010, 10:57:18 pm »

Nirur:  I thought three would be enough to extend it.  That's what I get for not reading the rules close enough.

Anyway, I was sifting through the thread and trying to see who stood out as scum.  I've decided to go back to my gut.  Therefore, my top two picks:

Lemon:  You don't seem to be very sure of why you're voting Jim.  Please restate why you are for us.

Jokerman:  You're lurky and unwilling to commit.  Come out here and make a commitment.

(Vote to come based on responses.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2010, 11:07:44 pm »

I didn't notice any attempts to pressure me to test for weakness and lynchability.
Doesn't that also mean he wasn't pressuring you to test for scumminess?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2010, 11:45:13 pm »

Doing this is better than just doing the assists randomly, because we (me, actually) will possibly get some helpful information from it. If it is helpful in finding scum and lynching them, then I will reveal that information. If not, then no problem, we continue scumhunting.

If you are town=Minor, minor help at best.
If you are scum=Possibly major help to you.

With 50% of your info wrong I don't think this is going to help us any. On the same hand it is not likely to help the scum, but I am not going to take that chance.

Add that to the fact that you keep changing what the fuck this plan is about, stop fucking waffling.

Sorry bud, but I am not going to change my assist.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2010, 11:47:45 pm »

Doesn't that also mean he wasn't pressuring you to test for scumminess?
It's possible to read somebody without directly attacking them, if they're talking enough. I assumed that, should he be town, that's what Jim was doing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2010, 12:07:37 am »

Sorry bud, but I am not going to change my assist.

Since you're not pushing anybody and you don't suspect anybody I couldn't care less what you think. You're scum and I want you dead.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26