Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 87950 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 1: Death by spoon]
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2010, 01:17:57 am »

IronyOwl, what are your thoughts about the game so far? You haven't said anything since the first few hours of the game. It's been quiet so far; let's get some conversation going.
I know, I just can't get myself going on this RVS. I keep meaning to unvote Toaster and ask someone something, but blegh.

Only thing that's stood out is the multiple votes on JS, which to be honest doesn't seem out of line. Haven't been able to get a reading on anything else.

Unvote Toaster.

Nirur Torir, if you were a sorcerer with an NK, how liberal would you be in using it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2010, 01:46:13 am »

Hmm. Some vague hypothetical questions for you, since I'm already voting for you.

Since Day 1 has been slow so far, what do you think would need to happen before it really got started?

If you were the scum apprentice, would you support your school Night 1? What about Night 2? What about the night before lylo? What if all the town sorcerers had been eliminated?

Jokerman-EXE, all you've done so far is question me on my approach to lemon10. What other thoughts do you have in the game so far? Any frontrunners for scum?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2010, 02:05:44 am »

Toaster: See above. This whole "posting D1 without already-formed suspicions" thing is new to me. I'll also point out that I'm almost positive that you're misusing the term WIFOM. Can you explain how you think that's what I'm doing?

I'm not 100% sure on that, but I don't like that attack line of yours.  It stinks of you trying to cast Jim in a bad light by undermining his argument in a poisoning the well strategy.  I can't give you much more than a gut reasoning on that one, however.

Let me ask you this:  You say you have no suspicions yet.  Do you feel questioning lots of people or focusing on a select few is the best way to figure out who is the scum?

I can see why you would think that I'm trying to cast him in a bad light, looking back. But like I said before, it was more of an attempt to see what he was thinking. It kind of feels like you're defending him to me, but that's just me.

I feel that questioning a select few is the way to find scum. Throwing a broad blanket of questions at the players makes it that much easier for scum to slip through. I like to tighten the net and focus in. You also preclude the idea of me not paying attention to the other posting that's going on; I trust the other players to grill each other enough that I don't need to devote myself to it.

Jim: There hasn't been too much posting for me to dig into, but I get scumvibes from Jetsquirrel, Criptfiend, and Kamina, in that order. Jet seems to be trying to get by without doing too much of import, and relying too much on "oh leave me alone, I have a plan." Cript is posting tiny little snippets and not contributing heavily, but seems to be trying to stay active. Kamina is sliding by only by asking one question, and while that in itself is not scummy, I feel that by now there should have been more.

What about you? Thoughts and suspicions thus far?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2010, 02:34:41 am »

What about you? Thoughts and suspicions thus far?

Blargh, I got nothing. I'm trying to get something by throwing random questions out, seeing how people respond. Maybe tomorrow I'll just pick a fight with somebody for the hell of it. That should get the game started.

Jetsquirrel's comment about how he already knows who he's going to support makes me think he's either scum or a sorcerer, but I'm not really sure. He doesn't have a subtle bone in his body, that's for sure, but from everything he's done so far I could see it either way.

Everybody else is pretty quiet, but that's not necessarily unjustified since there isn't much to go off of yet.

Here, lists are always good things to start discussions. I'll talk about everybody.

Criptfeind - Quiet. Defended against Nirur Torir's attack correctly. Hasn't followed up on RVS questions, maybe because he doesn't see the need. Leaning town. Also he thinks I'm a good player so he is awesome for it. (He's pretty good at this game, too.)
IronyOwl - Quiet. Maybe trying to avoid doing anything? There was a long gap between his two most recent posts. I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about him.
Jetsquirrel - Herpa derpa I'ma tell everybody everythin. I don't get Jetsquirrel. I don't get his explanation for why he's asking Mr. Person about who he's going to assist. I'm not sure if this is because he's scum or he just hasn't thought it through at all. Right now, leaning the latter, actually.
Jim Groovester - Brilliant. Incredible. Town to the max. He will win this game. Singlehandedly if he has to.
Jokerman-EXE - Ehh, you bugging me about my approach bugged me a little, but I know when somebody's trying to get somebody to talk. A little quiet, but so is everybody else. Leaning town right now.
KaminaSquirtle - Quiet. You bring up a good point about him only pushing Jetsquirrel so far. He's still fairly new, so I'm waiting to make a judgment.
lemon10 - Newbie. Doesn't seem to be doing so bad so far. Wish he would go after more people and participate slightly more but I could say the same about everybody.
Mr.Person - Argh Mr. Person's lurking annoys me even if it's pretty damn usual for him. I have a pretty difficult time reading him in general, but I haven't seen anything out of the usual for him. But this doesn't really mean anything; he's caught me off guard in the past. I always have to watch what he's doing pretty damn closely, but I don't have enough to make up my mind on him right now.
Nirur Torir - He's going after people, but he's not really going after people for things I consider legitimately suspicious. I don't think he's doing it out of malice, I just think he's just a bit misguided. I'm leaning towards him being town. There is one thing, though, that's bugging me. He completely dropped his attack on Criptfeind after I told him what Criptfeind was doing was perfectly alright. I mean, come on, dude, stick to your guns. Or at least say something about it.
Toaster - Haven't really noticed Toaster this game, but that's actually a good thing in this instance. It means he's not doing anything that's making me uneasy. Seems town enough to me right now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2010, 04:03:57 am »

If you were the scum apprentice, would you support your school Night 1? What about Night 2? What about the night before lylo? What if all the town sorcerers had been eliminated?
Night 1, yes.
Night 2, yes.
Day before lylo... probably. At that point if there's still a town sorcerer, they'll probably claim if they feel the need anyway, so it either becomes a gambit or everyone knows the scum school anyway.
If all town sorcerers have been eliminated, I guess I can't think of a reason not to. My vote would be the only one he'd get, and with no sorcerers it's not like it'd be traceable.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2010, 07:47:11 am »

Jim: There hasn't been too much posting for me to dig into, but I get scumvibes from Jetsquirrel, Criptfiend, and Kamina, in that order. Jet seems to be trying to get by without doing too much of import, and relying too much on "oh leave me alone, I have a plan." Cript is posting tiny little snippets and not contributing heavily, but seems to be trying to stay active. Kamina is sliding by only by asking one question, and while that in itself is not scummy, I feel that by now there should have been more.
Well, I random voted Jet, then pressed him a bit for more info, but he still hasn't responded, and I don't want to let him get by without having to answer by unvoting him.
I haven't really seen any scumtells so far, so I can't use one of those to press someone, and not many questions have been asked of me so far.
Jim hit it right on the money.
Everybody else is pretty quiet, but that's not necessarily unjustified since there isn't much to go off of yet.
There's nothing to go off of, and Jet hasn't answered my question, so I wait until I find something to go off of, or he actually answers my question.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2010, 09:52:49 am »

Jokerman:  Looking at it in that way, it does look like you're trying to get a reaction out of him.  Unvote Joker for now.

This is one of those cases where everyone is waiting for someone else to make a move.  So... this (sort of) worked in EBYOR.

CriptfeindHere you say you want people to answer your questions, but you've yet to use a single question mark.  Do you think blanket statements like in your first game post are worth the effort?

IronyOwl:  You mentioned the 4 votes on Jet.  What do you think is the minimum/maximum number of scum on that bandwagon?

Jetsquirrel:  A four-man bandwagon formed on you in a hurry.  Who do you think had the scummiest reason to vote for you?  Why?

Jim Groovester:  You haven't mentioned the The Fucking Goddamn PlanŠ.  Have you decided it was a bad idea, or are you trying something different?

Jokerman-EXE:  You mentioned getting "scumvibes" from three people but you don't press them in any way.  Why?

KaminaSquirtle:  What do you think is the best way to get people really talking on D1?

lemon10:  See previous question.  Also, have you read Dak's scumhunting guide?

Mr.Person:  Do you think we should come up with a somewhat structured assist plan if the scum sorcerer (not apprentice) gets lynched, assuming there's one sorcerer and one apprentice on the scum team?

Nirur Torir:  Let's assume for a second you're a town sorcerer, and you are moderately suspicious of someone.  For the night, you have an inspection and a kill.  Would you inspect or kill the person?  Why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2010, 11:38:03 am »

Jokerman-EXE:  You mentioned getting "scumvibes" from three people but you don't press them in any way.  Why?

Because it was past midnight and I have a morning class.

I'll try to post more after said class, but with work tonight and my duties in Para17, try not to hope for too much today. :/
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2010, 01:33:46 pm »

Jim Groovester:  You haven't mentioned the The Fucking Goddamn PlanŠ.  Have you decided it was a bad idea, or are you trying something different?

That depends. Am I going to get an endless amount of shit for trying something?

Fucking hell. I mean, goddamn, that was some stupid fucking goddamn stupid shit last game. Yeah, that's right, it was double stupid, and double goddamn.

I've got an idea for sending PMs out to people with a color for them to support. I don't think this would help the rest of the town out too much, since only I would know which color was sent to whom, and then it would be up to me to figure out who was fake claiming. But at the very least, it would get people off their asses and actually send in a support.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2010, 01:43:56 pm »

I doubt you'd get the cooperation for meaningful results, since you'd have up to four bum assists (the three sorcs and the scum apprentice) to start with messing up your data, along with anyone ignoring you.

I'm not going to give you endless shit for it, but I don't think most plans are worth the effort.  My idea would be everyone just picks randomly, giving us the best odds at powering up the town PRs.  There's not much we can do about the scum sorc, short of nobody assisting, but that plan is fraught with peril as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2010, 02:02:01 pm »

KaminaSquirtle:  What do you think is the best way to get people really talking on D1?
Well, I have no actual experience with it, but what I think would work would be to choose someone who said something that could be made to look scummy, and use whatever they said to apply pressure.
The results would get everyone talking, whether about how weak my argument was, or about any scumtells the person I pressured dropped, or even about someone who may have tried to bandwagon my weak argument.
I would do this, but I'm quite interested in Jet's answer to my question, so I don't want to unvote him quite yet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2010, 02:35:52 pm »

IronyOwl:  You mentioned the 4 votes on Jet.  What do you think is the minimum/maximum number of scum on that bandwagon?
Minimum 0, maximum 1. A scum bandwagon this early doesn't seem likely at all, though I suppose it could depend on who's scum. I could sort of see an experienced scum voting him and then a noob bandwagoning too soon, but it would take a pretty specific set of circumstances.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2010, 02:36:35 pm »

>>> Vote Count <<<

Day Ends: 18 Nov 2010 @ 5 pm EST

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists before the day ends.

Jetsquirrel (3) - KaminaSquirtle, lemon10, Mr.Person
IronyOwl (1) - Jim Groovester
Jim Groovester (1) - Jokerman-EXE
lemon10 (1) - Nirur Torir
Mr.Person (1) - Jetsquirrel
Nirur Torir (1) - IronyOwl
Criptfeind (0) -
Jokerman-EXE (0) -
KaminaSquirtle (0) -
Toaster (0) -

Not Voting: Criptfeind, Toaster

Let me know if I missed anything.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:59:08 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2010, 02:47:20 pm »

Who do you think had the scummiest reason to vote for you?  Why?
cant see any, they just voted for me because i didn;t post. And that was because i was at school and stuff.
would do this, but I'm quite interested in Jet's answer to my question, so I don't want to unvote him quite yet.
please explain because i really do think i answered your qestion about what my plan was

and eeh mr.person maybe you should scumhunt also right now you answered few questions and ran away are you trying to be passive or are you just waiting for some proper evidence to pop up and get a hold on that?

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2010, 02:54:20 pm »

Set up a trap involving a NK or lure them out.
Oh yes, now that's a specific plan.  But whatever, knowing you, I won't get a good answer anyway.  All I was looking for was something your scumbuddy may have suggested to you, but it looks like you've passed that test through sheer incompetence.
New question.
HOW does town set up a trap involving a NK?
TOWN CAN'T BK, BOY!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26