Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Adventures In Actova! [Post, I'll love you forever]  (Read 11808 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures In Actova! [Damn, that's one fast spider]
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2011, 10:37:26 am »

So, I'm using Basic Fantasy if anyone wants to know.

I reserve the right to choose the best suggestions IMO in any case.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2011, 11:45:02 am »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Bonobo dashes out to the left of Frist, swinging his silver dagger wildly. He strikes it in the abdomen, creating a rather large wound. Next, Max unleashes a huge downwards swing of his axe at the spider, but the spider spins out of the way. Skyler runs around Max and jabs the enemy, poking a hole in it and sending blood flying. Frist then ducks down and stabs the spider with an upwards strike, cutting off a leg. However, the spider stays standing and carries on trying to fight. Max hacks at it again, but fails to do any serious damage. Bonobo finishes it off with another slash, to the eye this time. Blood flies everywhere, covering the party and their chest.

Spoiler: Bonobo Makestartle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frist Leafrustle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skyler Tahoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Yeskly (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2011, 12:04:12 pm »

Take the chest to the surface. Bury whatever copper you can't carry away. Return to town.

Edit: Max still has Chain Boots in his inventory. Might want to get rid of those.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:22:06 pm by Weirdsound »

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2011, 12:53:21 pm »

You march up the stairs and back out onto the island. The sun is still high in the sky and you reckon you can make it back to town before sunset, so you set off. The boat takes you safely to the shore and you trek through the forest back to Fah. The journey seems longer than it was on the way to the fortress, but you stick to the roads and keep going. You are not far from the town, when you see a cart trundling towards you. It is pulled by two donkeys and ridden by a tall man with long, flowing hair. He is accompanied by two mercenaries in chainmail, one outfitted with a bow and the other with a longsword.

As they approach, the man on the cart shouts out in glee, "Greetings! I am Doight, a merchant from lands far away. I see that chest you are carrying is rather heavy. Wait... Is that covered in blood? By Falra, what did you do to get that? Anyway, would you like be to take it off your hands? Or perhaps you would like to browse my fine wares? I have some shoes, Dwarf."

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2011, 01:05:43 pm »

Agree, and let Bonobo do the trading, look at what the inventory is.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2011, 01:10:20 pm »

Look for:

Boots for Max
Damage Dealing low level spells for the mages
Proper short blades for the mages
A good concealing cloak for Frist
Anything exotic that this foreign merchant may be carrying.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2011, 01:42:22 pm »

(OOC: Bonus xp is for treasure. Awarded at a rate of 1gp = 1xp. Yes, those are the exact xp values rounded to the nearest whole number. Also, spells are taught by special tutors. They charge quite high amounts for the spells.)

All:
You hold a quick meeting. Discussing things that need to be bought. Meanwhile, the trader looks through the chest, pricing it up. Bonobo and Skyler agree that neither of them are proficient with a blade any large than a dagger, and it would be bad to get them one. You decide that you need chainmail boots, a cloak for Frist and anything exotic the trader may have.

Bonobo:
You walk up to the trader, and he interrupts you before you can open your mouth to speak.

"Alright, fellows, tell you what. I'll give you 125gp for the lot. Chest included. Sound good?"

Bonobo, skilled at trading, responds quickly, "I'll talk it over with my friends. However, we need a pair of chainmail boots, a dark cloak and anything else exotic you may have."

"Hm... Exotic, eh? I have a good sword, that I'll sell for a few thousand gold, other than that I just have potions of healing. I sell those potions for 25gp each."

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures In Actova! [RP mode, ACTIVATE!]
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2011, 01:58:17 pm »

"Hmm..." Bonobo wonders. "And what would you charge for the cloak and boot?"

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2011, 02:02:05 pm »

Bonobo:
"Hmm..." You wonder, "And what would you charge for the cloak and boot?"

"Hm... How about ten gold for the both of them? Sounds fair to me." the trader replies.

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2011, 02:07:46 pm »

MaxKill the merchant and take the stuff pay the reasonable price
Find a cheap tutor for a weak spell, then have e one who learned it teach the other
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:09:53 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2011, 02:19:21 pm »

MaxKill the merchant and take the stuff pay the reasonable price

Frist: "I'll take a healing potion as well. Might need it tonight...

Sell him the chest and it's contents. Buy some good money bags. Head into town.

Frist: Seek out the local black market and pick up some lock picks. Then head to the market and watch as it closes up. Follow some local food or trinket merchant home and wait outside his house for a few hours for him to fall asleep.
Max: Head to the tavern. Boastfully tell your story, and ask around for new potential adventures
Skyler: Head to the local temple. Explain that you are a wandering inquisitor cursed with a stutter by some foul beast. Ask for any leads on users of black magic that you could hunt down and kill. (Actually use as a tutor)
Bonobo: Take some of your share of the gold and bury it outside of town. Lets start a stockpile to overcome his debt.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2011, 02:30:36 pm »

Kill the guy he's in debt to later on?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2011, 02:35:37 pm »

That never solves anything.

Killing is not the answer.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2011, 02:39:35 pm »

That never solves anything.

Killing is not the answer.

Unless you are in a Tolkienesq high fantasy universe. Then it usually is.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2011, 03:17:43 pm »

Bonobo:
"Alright, take the chest. We'll buy the cloak, the boots, a healing potion and two sacks."

You do business, and the merchant is on his way. In total, you earn 103 gold, which is distributed throughout the party, with the remainder going to Bonobo.

The rest of the journey back to town is short, and flies by in what seems like minutes. You all agree to meet back in the Cow's Sword at midday in two days time.

Frist:
You use your few contacts in the underworld to find the black market. You are lead to a small alley, going behind an alchemist's shop and a general store. Walking down it, you see several pairs of eyes peer out from a small hole in the wall to your right.

"Hello, sstranger, what bringss you here?" says a voice coming from the hole. It is a hushed, tangy voice with lots of emphasis on the 'ess' sounds.

"You are Brahn, correct?" you ask, hoping that you have the right place.

"I could be, what do you want from me?" the voice replies with it's ghastly voice.

"I'm looking for some tools, lockpicks, you know the deal."

"Ah, well. That'll be 25 gold, friend."

You pass the gold through the hole, and a thin, scaly arm protrudes out, snatching the gold. It disappears into the blackness, before reappearing with a roll of brown fabric in it. You take the roll, and unwrap it. Surely enough, it has several lockpicks, and other thieves tools inside. You wrap it back up and put it in your backpack.

As the sun sets, you watch the owner of a jewellery store close shop and head home with a purse of money on his belt. You follow him home, staying about 20' behind him and watch as he enters his house, noting which one it is. You then head back to the Cow's Sword for a few hours while you wait.

Max:
You head straight to the Cow's Sword, proud of yourself. After buying a few drinks, you begin telling your story.

Friends! Friends! Come listen my story. Me Max Yeskly and the others raided the Old Island Fortress. Our journey began right here, with me standing on this very stool! We trekked out into the wilderness, fighting off bandits and slaying Gnolls before we found ourselves with a great body o' water between us and the fortress. But, thing is, we'd no boat! We found ourselves a half-destroyed  thing, and fixed it up good and proper. It was truly epic. Once we were inside, we were unstoppable! We found chests o' treasure, fought goblins, giant worms and poisonous spiders. Then, we got back here to flog all our loot. So, does anyone fancy joinin' us on our next quest?"

Skyler:
You make your way to the local temple, eager to find out information about people who could teach you the dark arts. You find a small, beaten, pathetic excuse for a temple right in the town centre. Once inside, you see a few pews with a pulpit at the top and a sacrificial altar with a skinny lamb laid out upon it. There are three priests performing a ceremony that you sit and watch, waiting until it is time to speak. They slaughter the lamb, offering it to Falra, the most prominent god of this province. There are many deities that are worshipped in Actova, and this is but one of them.

Once the ceremony is over, you introduce yourself, "H-hello. I am Skyler T-Tahoe, a wandering inquisitor. I was c-c-cursed with this stutter by a f-foul beast. I w-wish to know of any villains that practice the d-d-dark arts near here."

The priests glance at each other, obviously thinking the same thing. Suddenly, one speaks, "There is a powerful mage nearby that has being making trouble in our town. We do not know who he is, or where he lives, but there is a place that bears his mark. There lies an abandoned house in the west side of the town. We were planning to use it, seeing as we don't have much space at the moment. We sent a priest out to inspect it, hoping to find it uninhabited and ready to move in to. Sadly, he never returned. People say they have seen figures moving about the house, not just walking, though... More like... Dancing. They spin, jump and tumble about in the windows. We haven't been able to go inside, though, because the door will only open after sunset and... *sigh* none of us have the faith to enter.

I'm sure that if you enter and find out what is going on, you will find this evil man."

Bonobo:
You go to the outside of the walls of the town and dig a small hole, burying your 28 gold pieces in it. You then head into town and find the mages store to see if he will teach you a new spell. Once you enter, you find yourself in a small, crowded room. The walls are blue, but barely visible through all the charms, summoning circles and other such artefacts hanging from the walls. The man sitting behind the counter is plain and unremarkable, clearly the assistant.

"Hello there, welcome to the store. How may I help you?" he says in a dull tone, obviously bored.

"May I speak with the head mage here?" you ask, wanting to talk to someone who knows what he is doing.

"That would be me; can I help you with something? he responds, greatly surprising you.

"I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Still, I wish to learn some spells, do you teach?" you ask, embarrassed.

"Yes, I do, in fact. I charge 250 gold for simple spells, and more for more advanced spells. It takes about a day to teach you the spell completely. That cost also covers the ink for writing it in your spellbook."

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 03:24:51 pm by Omegastick »
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12