Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Adventures In Actova! [Post, I'll love you forever]  (Read 11802 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures In Actova! [Stop, you have violated the law!]
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2011, 11:24:11 am »

Bonobo: "Then where can I find the captain? I'll talk him into helping me. I need help on this job, and I have too many issues with the local underworld to just pluck somebody off the street."

Frist: "Name's Frist. What you in for?"

Max+Hortus: Apply weapons to the windows.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2011, 11:34:35 am »

Bonobo:
"Then where can I find the captain? I'll talk him into helping me. I need help on this job, and I have too many issues with the local underworld to just pluck somebody off the street." you tell the guard, hoping he'll help you out.

"Well... He should be on patrol at the moment, so he could be anywhere. However, in a few hours he'll head back to the guardhouse. You can't go in there, though, it's restricted."

Frist:
"Name's Frist. What you in for?" you answer, testing how loud you have to shout for the man to hear you.

The tortured voice returns, "I killed a man a few years ago, I'm lucky I didn't get the death penalty. You?"

Max and Hortus:
The windows are too high up for you to attack them.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2011, 12:14:47 pm »

Frist: "Eh. Robbed a house. Owner got away and called for the guards. I greatly underestimated their arrival time."

Bonobo: "Hmm... Right. Thanks for the tip." begin to walk away before turning around suddenly. "Wait a second. When I was just a kid I did some stupid things and got into trouble. The judge back home said that I could pay off my debt to society with either jailtime or coin... You wouldn't happen to have a system like that in this city? Would you? If so how much would it cost to redeem a burglar?"

Regardless of the answer check on the mage and see if he has any work for you today. It may be cheaper to learn charm person and drop it on some rookie guard.

Max, Hortus, Skyler: Head to the market. See if any of the merchants have work available suitable for a band of adventurers.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures In Actova! [Post, I'll love you forever]
« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2011, 03:30:03 pm »

(OOC: Will do the turn soon, but remember: you still have the Old Island Fortress to go through. You've only done about 1/6th of it)

EDIT: Actually, I wont be doing the turn until tommorow.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:08:46 pm by Omegastick »
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2011, 05:02:55 pm »

Well the way you made it sound, the PC's are rather frightened by the fortress.

The dark shadows seem to be creeping towards you, sending shivers up your spine and making you paranoid. You could swear that you can hear the endless scraping of undead somewhere in the fortress, and it only compels you to leave faster. You make it into the entrance room, where you see a huge spider scuttling in form the western hallway.

I don't think any of the PC's are crazy enough ICly to go dungeon crawling for nothing more than the vague promise of treasure. The first time they went they had a specific goal in mind. (Steal a key). Might as well throw them a bone and give them a good reason to return.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2011, 10:21:51 am »

(OOC: Sure, I've got an idea.)

Frist:
"Eh. Robbed a house. Owner got away and called for the guards. I greatly underestimated their arrival time." you call out.

You wait for an answer, but the man is silent.

Bonobo:
"Hmm... Right. Thanks for the tip." you say, walking off. Suddenly, you stop and turn around, "Wait a second. When I was just a kid I did some stupid things and got into trouble. The judge back home said that I could pay off my debt to society with either jailtime or coin... You wouldn't happen to have a system like that in this city? Would you? If so how much would it cost to redeem a burglar?"

The guard looks up from his papers again, "We gave him a chance. When we stopped him, we told him he could pay his fine or serve his sentence. He ran away, so he chose to serve his sentence."

You walk off, downhearted, and look for the mages shop. You walk in through the damp wooden door and find a customer in there. The customer picks up a charm from the wall, a golden talisman, and pays for it before leaving. The mage looks at you, waiting for you to say something.

"Would you happen to have anything for me to do?" you ask the man.

"Well, actually I may. I have been thinking of doing some advertising, but not the usual kind. You said you were with a band of adventurers, correct? There are rumours of treasure and magic items under the Old Island Fortress, if you went and got those then gave me, say, my pick of one magic item there, I could say that I hire adventurers to get the rarest magic artefacts. It is good, yes?"

Max, Hortus and Skyler:
Giving up, you head to the market. After talking with the merchants there, you find that none of them are in particular need of your services.

Spoiler: Bonobo Makestartle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frist Leafrustle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skyler Tahoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Yeskly (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hortus Cornu (click to show/hide)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2011, 11:09:31 am »

(Damn. How the hell did the Guard know we were talking about Frist? Must be the only crook in there.)

Bonobo: "Alright. I'll round up the guys and get on it. We were actualy just there. We only found mundane stuff, but I think there is plenty of unexplored space left.

Skyler, Hortus, Max: Each of you buy some rope. Never travel without rope.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2011, 03:03:04 pm »

Bonobo:
"Alright. I'll round up the guys and get on it. We were actualy just there. We only found mundane stuff, but I think there is plenty of unexplored space left."

Skyler, Hortus and Max:
You all buy some rope.

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2011, 04:41:01 pm »

SMH: use ropes, reach window
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2011, 08:42:44 am »

Skyler, Max and Hortus:
You travel back to the house. As you walk, the sun hits the horizon and sets. Long shadows disappear, and the lightkeeper runs from torch to torch, lighting them. You arrive at the house, but it is different. You can see shapes in the dark windows, the broken planks of wood on the walls pulsate and shiver and the cold wind stirs the lone dead tree outside. You approach the abandoned structure, and the door swings wide open, revealing a dark hallway.

Suddenly, the voice booms from all around, "You have been warned."

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2011, 05:06:36 pm »

Push new guy in well um send the new guy first for err experience
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2011, 02:17:41 pm »

Is this dead ?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]