Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Adventures In Actova! [Post, I'll love you forever]  (Read 11803 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures In Actova! [RP mode, ACTIVATE!]
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2011, 11:56:50 am »

(OOC: I'll wait for Frist to finish up and head to bed before continuing with any of the other characters.)
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2011, 12:25:37 pm »

Frist:
You look at the owner, trying to decide what to do with him. You finally decide to have him lead you into the next room.

"Alright," you say, holding your blade out, "take me into the next room, and don't think of trying anything."

the two of you slowly walk into the next room. On your way, you take a gold vase that you reckon is worth about 50gp and put it in your sack.

He leads you through the north door and into the hallway, which is sparsely decorated. There is a staircase leading downstairs (south) to your left and another door at the end of the hallway. The walls are white and worn with patches of the wood visible in some of the tears.

Spoiler: Bonobo Makestartle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frist Leafrustle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skyler Tahoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Yeskly (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hortus Cornu (click to show/hide)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2011, 12:41:50 pm »

"What is beyond the door at the end of the hall?" Frist whispers while heading towards it, still leading the captive at knife point. Your escape route is through the window, so stay upstairs unless he gives you a very good reason to do otherwise.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2011, 01:16:02 pm »

Frist:
"What is beyond the door at the end of the hall?" you whisper whilst heading towards it, still leading the captive at knife point.

"That's my, um... study. There's nothing valuable in there." he responds, shaking.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2011, 01:24:20 pm »

"Well lets see about that. Shall we? You know... the only thing I hate more than a city dweller, is a lying city dweller..."

Enter the room, keep the victim at sword point. If their are valuables it the room, let the looting begin and cut off the victims ear for his deception.

Regardless escape through the window and climb up to the roof when you are done in the next room. I don't want to press our luck too far and we already have a valuable vase. Move from rooftop to rooftop until you put a good amount of distance between yourself and the crime scene, and then set up camp on the roofs. Frist dose not want to contribute to the legal economy of a city by paying for a room at the Inn.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2011, 02:35:04 pm »

Frist:
"Well lets see about that. Shall we? You know... the only thing I hate more than a city dweller, is a lying city dweller..." you say, forcing the owner of the house to shudder.

You push open the door and see a room about 10sq ft large. The room is very bare, with the cracking stonework in the walls showing on all sides, and the door frame caving inwards. On the far side of the room is a desk, with several small gems littered about it.

"So, there is something in here?" you remark, smiling with malice in your eyes.

You proceed into the room, stretching over the desk to grab the gems. Suddenly, you hear a crash as the owner of the house kicks the door frame, causing the ceiling to cave in on you. You try to dive out of the way of the falling rubble, but your are caught and trapped. You hear the man scream for the guards while running down the staircase.

(OOC: If you see sudden, seemingly random changes to the sheets then please ignore them, I'm just implementing new house-rules that I'm testing out.)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2011, 02:37:20 pm »

Try to slip free. It should take the gaurds at least several minutes to show up at this hour.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2011, 03:18:59 pm »

Frist:
You scramble and dig as much as you can to get out, and manage to get free in about a minute. You look around to check your surroundings before grabbing your sack and jumping down to the ground. You land right in front of two guards, both wearing chainmail and armed with swords. (OOC: Crap, I've gotta make a map now)

One of them shouts at you, "Stop, you have violated the law! You must pay the court fine or serve your sentence! Your stolen goods are now forfeit!"

Spoiler: Battle (click to show/hide)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures In Actova! [Stop, you have violated the law!]
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2011, 03:28:10 pm »

Run to the right. No way two chainmail wearing guards can outrun and unburdened Elven Thief.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2011, 03:36:37 pm »

(OOC: Actually, you are pretty burdened. You're carrying a huge backpack with all your stuff you need to live in it. Anyways, turn will be in a few minutes. In the meantime, this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2011, 03:54:28 pm »

Frist:
You run to the east as fast as your legs will carry you, but not fast enough. The guard to the north runs up to you and tries to whack you over the head with the flat of his blade, you duck down but he still catches you, knocking you unconscious and leaving you sprawled all over the floor.

The hard, stone floor beneath you is cold and unfriendly, as is the smell of unwashed flesh. You open your eyes and find find yourself in a room made almost entirely of cobblestone. The only exit is a set of bars to the west, but they are locked. You look at yourself and see that you are clothed in rags with wrist irons attatched your arms.

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2011, 04:13:19 pm »

Frist (To nearest guard): "Ughhh... Did I not have enough on me to pay the fine you guys were talking about?"

Skyler, Hortus, Max: Go check out the house. It must be morning by now.

Bonobo: Hang about the Inn and Tavern listening for a good excuse to bring the group on a dungeon crawl. Eventualy hear about Frist's capture and head for the Jail to pick him up.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2011, 10:35:05 am »

Frist:
You shout out to the hallway beyond the bars, "Ughhh... Did I not have enough on me to pay the fine you guys were talking about?"

You hear a few footsteps, but get no answer back.

Skyler, Hortus and Max:
You all begin heading towards the abandoned house that the chapel directed you to. The journey is uneventful, and people are happily going about their lives. The blisteringly hot sun bears down on you, roasting Max in his armour. Upon arriving, you find the house a lot like it was last night. Parts of the wall are breaking off and a window hangs open, but only blackness is visible inside.

"Aye, it must be some sort of magical darkness spell keeping us from seeing in." Max announces to the group.

You try and open the door, but find it locked tight.

Bonobo:
You hang around in the tavern for the morning making conversation with the patrons. You try to find a reason to being the party out on a different dungeon crawl, but hear of nothing. Either there is nothing going on or the citizens of this town don't know much about the world outside. You find yourself chatting with a guard, eventually. You find out his name is Etser, and he is a relatively new recruit. After talking for a good amount of time, Etser reveals that there is an Elf captive in the dungeons matching Frist's description. Excusing yourself, you head to the dungeon to try and get Frist out.

When you arrive at prison, you head inside. The walls are made out of dull stone and the lighting is dim, just enough to see the guard sitting behind the desk.

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2011, 10:49:57 am »

Frist: "(Insert local god name here)dammit, you humans are cold. In the prisons of my homeland the guards at least made conversation.
Prisoners also got a morning cup of tea, but I'm pretty sure asking for that would be pushing it. It is morning though, right?"

Hortus + Max: Apply weapons to the door. Break that damn thing open.

Bonobo: Approach the guard. Introduce yourself as a roaming adventurer. Explain that you need somebody with slippery and devious skills to help open chests and disarm trap during your next journey, and that you'd be willing to take such a person of the cities hands. If the guard says he can't help you, ask if he needs anything done and would be willing to trade favors.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2011, 11:15:13 am »

Frist:
You shout out into the bleak stonework, "Falra dammit, you humans are cold. In the prisons of my homeland, the guards at least made conversation. Prisoners also got a morning cup of tea, but I'm pretty sure asking for that would be pushing it. It is morning though, right?"

There is silence for a short moment, before you hear an old, dry voice cough and speak up, "There are no guards here, there's no point talking to them. They only visit us twice a day to give us our food.

I'm Luem, by the way; *hack* who are you?"

Hortus and Max:
Hortus speaks to the team, "I've got this, don't worry."

He takes a step back and swings his maul at the door. It collides with the door and there is a huge crash that echoes throughout the town. Dust flies up into the air, concealing both Hortus and the door. When the dust finally fades, Hortus is left standing there, with an almost intact door still in it's place.

Bonobo:
You approach the guard, opening your mouth to talk, "Greetings! I'm Bonobo Makestartle, a roaming adventurer. I need someone with slippery and devious skills to help me with my quests. I would happily take a local thief off your hands, should you happen to have one."

The guard looks up from his work, eyeing you cautiously before bursting out into laughter, "Ha! You think we're gonna let anyone out of these prisons before they've served their sentence? We haven't had an escape form these prisons since 412 5E! You're gonna have to look elsewhere."

Annoyed, you propose an offer to the guard, "Alright, look, is there anything you need doing? I am an adventurer and I am capable of many things."

"If I were to be found letting a prisoner out for any reason, the captain would have my head. He decides the sentences and I do what he says."

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12