Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 72063 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heliman. I'm keeping my vote here. Your insult made me look at you a little bit more closely, and I've never seen scummier scum ever.

Spoiler: Wall (click to show/hide)

He's still being much more useless than he was before.
This is the second time you've made this baseless observation, would you care to explain to us why? If you can, try not to act too much like breadbocks in the process.
Read the nice WoT I just posted. I'll be awaiting a rebuttal.

I'm going to have to PM LNCP something. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to reveal some... er... sensitive (sort of?) information. Really, it won't chance my stance. It'll just change what I say.

I suppose the IC thing to do would be to play fairly, but the winner in me wishes to cheat. So, I'll brb.

If this is what clears heliman, just come out and say it Webadict. If you can't, then I'll keep with my vote on him.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

A major rule is that you can't PM other players ever. Seeing as this rule was "broken", I've forbidden him from mentioning what happened in the PMs. Meaning you'll never get it from him.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see. So, I'm not switching my vote unless Heliman has some sort of flawless counterpost.
My Sig

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

The sun slowly begins to set in the horizon, colouring the sky and the sea with its fire as the light dies down and cold encroaches upon the island.
Down below, the islanders seem to have found two likely targets; Simmura McCrea and Heliman. The party is split on the choice however, and if they do not decide soon they will have lost their chance to find the traitor.

Votecount:
Heliman - 2 - Orangebottle, Simmura McCrea
webadict - 0 -
Orangebottle - 0 -
CrownofFire - 0 -
Simmura McCrea - 2 - webadict, Heliman

Not Voting - 1 - CrownofFire
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -

In its current state, the day will end with a No Lynch.

The Day ends to Friday, 8PM GMT.

You need 2 to Extend and 3 to Shorten.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

(Pfp) Nincompoop, sim unvoted me, didn't he?

Also for the love of god, somebody else extend, we need more time to discuss this.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Extend.

I have some time over the weekend.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Extend. I'm interested in a response.
My Sig

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Extend. Just to make sure.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, CrownofFire, the crucial vote needed to lynch anybody, hasn't posted since the 12th. But I'm not dropping Heliman for that.
My Sig

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

The Cosca was remembered. First blood, and revelling in it afterwards.  You taste some bile in your mouth as you realise what exactly you did the past few days.

The sun begins to waver in the sky as the debate takes on a new-found fervour. Fists are clenched and weapons are found as the time approaches.

Votecount:
Heliman - 2 - Orangebottle, Simmura McCrea
webadict - 0 -
Orangebottle - 0 -
CrownofFire - 0 -
Simmura McCrea - 2 - webadict, Heliman

Not Voting - 1 - CrownofFire
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 3 - webadict, Orangebottle, Simmura McCrea
Shorten  - 0 -

In its current state, the day will end with a No Lynch.

The Day had been extended to Monday, 8PM GMT.

You need 2 to Extend and 3 to Shorten.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Cracks Knuckles*
Ok, lets do this.

Spoiler: Anger arc (click to show/hide)

What's next? Oh yes, the WIFOM arc, Jim must be rolling in his grave.

Spoiler: WIFOM Arc (click to show/hide)

Ok, now that that's done, time for the Day 2 Arc. Wow, this is a hefty one.

Spoiler: Day 2 Arc (click to show/hide)

I guess that leaves the Day 3 Arc then.
Spoiler: Day Three Arc (click to show/hide)

*looks winded from going through that much pointless crap*

Hah... Hah...There.
*Wheeze*
*passes out*

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

I've said before that the only thing you need to make a solid argument is stating your suspicions and why you have them. I've also said that you should present your strongest and most convincing pieces of evidence.

Making giant walls of text with commentary on every single post completely obfuscates your argument because nobody wants to read that crap and when people do they lose sight of the point you were trying to make.

I didn't bother stepping in when Orangebottle made his because I am dead and he had some decent points, so I let him do his thing. But I don't want to let anybody walk away with the lesson that making giant fucking unreadable walls of texts is the way to play mafia, mostly because I don't want to play with people who do that. Now, that may seem self-serving (and it is), but do you really want to spend four hours formatting a single post when you're arguing over stupid stuff anyway? I hope you don't.

So, in the future, just try to be clear and concise, so that everybody can spend less time arguing, but do so about ten times more effectively.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

I do have to say that you're awfully defensive, Heliman. And Jim's post has a point, I just can't see any point beyond defending yourself. But unfortunately, you just haven't really given me any kind of a huge scum vibe this game. I just don't see enough reason to vote you over somebody like Simmura McCrea over there. TKoE wasn't that great, even excluding the so-called "lurking". And Heliman has at least pointed a few fingers, rare as they are. TKoE piggybacked on other arguments, and so far you just seem to be defending yourself, especially since you're not currently voting (*cough* LNCP *cough*).

Also, LNCP: Simmura currently is not voting as seen in this post. Fix it please.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now, that may seem self-serving (and it is), but do you really want to spend four hours formatting a single post when you're arguing over stupid stuff anyway? I hope you don't.
No, no, you're right. That Frankenstein took forever to respond to, especially when half of it was done by Orange already!

I do have to say that you're awfully defensive, Heliman.
Yeah. You do have me there, I guess I am doing a bit of defense tonight. My vote's already solidified, so...

Anyhow, I'm just getting back on because I basically made a large error with the day 3 arc (I knew I sectioned it into arcs for a reason) that made 1/2 of it impossible to read properly. now you can read it easily much easier than you could previously.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

It was more directed at Orangebottle for starting the wall of text than it was at you for responding to it.

And it was directed at everybody because it's a piece of advice everybody can benefit from.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36