Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 72045 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [5/6, 2/3], DAY 2: A Kitchen Implement's Lament
« Reply #330 on: April 07, 2011, 08:59:43 pm »

I'm sorry I asked for an extension. I was assuming there would be some sort of tie before I came back. I'll Shorten.

Anyhow, I think now's the perfect time to push King some more. He's bound to start stealing someone's argument against breadbocks.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 07, 2011, 09:20:55 pm »

Shorten. I think we all know how this will turn out.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 07, 2011, 09:28:23 pm »

Shorten.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 08, 2011, 01:14:49 am »

Shorten. That's 4, then.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 08, 2011, 01:34:07 am »

I tried. And failed miserably. Ah well.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 08, 2011, 01:43:46 am »

You're not going to be awesome your first few mafia games. So long as you're learning, you should consider it a success.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [5/6, 2/3], NIGHT 2: Oh FFS FBI
« Reply #336 on: April 08, 2011, 04:18:08 pm »

Day 2 Has Ended!
breadbocks has been Lynched!
He was a Secret Agent (Mafia)!.

Votecount:
Heliman - 0 -
webadict - 0 -
Orangebottle - 0 -
Breadbocks - 5 - Jim Groovester, Orangebottle, CrownofFire, webadict, Heliman
CrownofFire - 0 -
The King of Eggs - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 2 - breadbocks, The King of Eggs

Not Voting - 0 -
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -

It was enough. He had gone too far.

Breadbocks backed into the flames in the much-too-familiar pose as they bore down upon him. But no, he wasn't going to die an easy death in the flames; far from that. They had to be safe this time, and make sure nothing got destroyed.

He made no resistance as they carried him to the sharp rocks near the beach. He saw no way of escaping this, and he decided that he might as well die with dignity. He was fighting increasing fear and anxiousness, and half wanted to just run away - to where, then? - but none of this internal struggle was visible from the outside; to them, he was a stiff, if slightly cooperative man with a poker face that could have won millions.

But they made sure he wouldn't be winning anything for a good, long while.

Webadict carried him to an outcrop  above a suitably sharp stalagmite as the others stood around its base. Here. This was the perfect spot.
They stood side by side for a while, looking at the moon, bright as day out here, in what was an untouched paradise. Now, a prison.

"Any last words?"

"You know I won't."

"Fair enough."

And with a nod to both him and the crew down below, he pushed him lightly off the cliff and watched him fall, arms spread like an eagle.

It was a sight to behold. The stalagmite impaled his stomach with a sickening squelch, and all attept at steadfastness faded from him. He gasped and shivered as he sunk bit by bit on the cruel spike, streaked with red and brown. He coughed blood as he, with what little strength he had left, tried to push himself off the spike. This only ended in it penetrating into his chest, and as the still-black tip began to poke out between his shoulderblades, he weakly uttered something - a name, perhaps - and was gone.

Heliman began rifling through his pockets first, and eventually everyone gthered around the bloodied corpse looking for, well, anything.

But no. It seems he was just another amnesiac. All they find in his pockets are some familial photos, half a pen and some (useless) change. Frustrated and deprived of yet another member of the band, they began walking home.

Something silver glinted hear the rocks. Orangebottle, the first to notice, jogged back and dug in the sand.
For lo and behold, there it was. A metal and black plastic earpiece that snugly fit around the neck and head, and would be virtually invisible once worn. Along with it, a golden badge in black leather. Everyone was, of course, shocked; they got one this time. He put on the earpiece. There was static, some sounds, and voices.

All the real work and analysis would be done tomorrow. For now they would rest, weary from a long and difficult day.

breadbocks has been lynched. He was a Secret Agent (AKA Mafia).

Night 2 has begun!
Scum & power roles, send in your night actions.

The Night will end Monday, 8PM GMT.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [4/6, 1/3]
« Reply #337 on: April 12, 2011, 03:48:41 pm »

Sorry for not beginning earlier, but I had to pull an all-nighter for some RL stuff. I don't think you'll want to listen to me grovel to you all, so without further ado, here's the stuff:

Day 3 Has Begun!
Jim Groovester has been Nightkilled!
He was Town.

Votecount:
Heliman - 0 -
webadict - 0 -
Orangebottle - 0 -
CrownofFire - 0 -
The King of Eggs - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 - Heliman, webadict, Orangebottle, CrownofFire, The King of Eggs
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -

The sun rises upon the third day on the island of horrors, and yet another man is missing from the camp.

Jim Groovester is missing, and everyone sets out yet again to search for him. This time, though, there is no hope or optimism; this is only a search for his corpse, a confirmation of sorts so that they can be sure he's dead.

You find him impaled on a spike next to Breadbocks, already beginning to rot. Flies surround the corpses like a thick black fog, and only barely do you manage to identify the new body as his.

The technology retrieved form the agent prove to be useless; the headpiece is only tuned to one, now unused channel, and the badge only provides identification. Perhaps both will be useful in the escape, however.

The fights break out once more. Soon, there would be nobody left. This agent had to be found.

Jim Groovester has been nightkilled. He was Town.

The Day will end Friday, 8PM GMT.

You need 2 to Extend and 3 to Shorten.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Oh, sure, kill the people teaching you. That's definitely a winning long term strategy.

I'll be around, and if I need to I'll break my silence and give you advice. This shouldn't happen if you all stay active, since that's about the only advice I can give.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm looking forwards to seeing the flavor PMs my scumbuddy, and possibly others got.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I hate you.

The King, I had some sort of case built on you but then the Night took forever. I'm afraid I've completely forgotten what I was saying in it, though.

Crown, you were fairly absent Yesterday.

I'm tuckered out right now. The chessboard opened up at my school, and I destroyed a six-year old girl. I'm going to finish BYOR roles first, and then I'll be back.

Jim, you do something or something. Tell them what to do. I didn't want to be an IC.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

So we basically have two lynches left. Now we just need people to actually post and we can get this moving along. Time to carefully look through the thread and see what's here and who to lynch. Well I guess it's always time to do that, but now it's even more important.

By the way, I'm flying back out to St. Louis tomorrow (it's about 8:35 PM right now). Just a bit of notice so that you know that I'm going to be unavailable for the next (real-time) day. I'll be here for another three hours or so, then I'll be heading to bed. The day after tomorrow I'll be here as normal.

And webadict, I've been in Disney World for the past week and been going around like crazy trying to find time to do this. Not to mention the ridiculous costs of internet around here at $10 for 24 hours. Thankfully I've only had to get it once because most of the time that the internet has been unavailable was during the Night, but still.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Jim, you do something or something. Tell them what to do. I didn't want to be an IC.

Okay.

Anyways, CrownofFire basically has it right. You have two lynches to find the final scum, but you're actually in a really good position because you've already found one.

Scum's greatest weakness are themselves first, then their teammates, and then finally, clever town. So keep looking for scum like you've been doing (looking at cases, seeing whether they hold any water, seeing how committed to votes people are, whether they're scumhunting or not, and so on). But you can supplement your normal scumhunting by looking at how players have interacted with the confirmed scum in previous days. Since scum (especially inexperienced scum) have a difficult time interacting with each other in a natural way, it's often easier and vastly more beneficial to not interact at all. So look for awkward or forced interactions between breadbocks and other players, or players who barely interacted with breadbocks at all, even when he was being really scummy.

However, looking at scumteam tells isn't foolproof, so you should use it more as a guide to help you narrow down your list of scum, and then look at that player's play to see if there's anything scummy. You should still only lynch a player on his own, individual scumminess.

If you're the final scum, good luck. I hope you know how to hunt like town, because that's exactly what you're going to need to do to make it through the next two days. Since you don't have a partner that you need to protect anymore (not that you should've been doing that anyway), you should have a somewhat easier job looking like you're hunting, because everybody else who's scummy is town. If you're not used to lying through your teeth and calling other people scum (a common noobscum tell), better learn quick.

And dammit, be active. Both town and scum. Abysmal activity is a great way to kill a game.

If this is too much help from beyond the grave I'll tone it down or stop completely.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm quite interested on what comes up, both on what my scumbuddy puts up as false scumhunting, and what others thing of my scumbuddy...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36