Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 72037 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'm quite interested on what comes up, both on what my scumbuddy puts up as false scumhunting, and what others thing of my scumbuddy...
Dead men shouldn't talk so much. You're bordering on introducing WIFOM here.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

If this is too much help from beyond the grave I'll tone it down or stop completely.
This is from the perspective of the aggressive newbie asshole, but it sounds good to me.

I'm quite interested on what comes up, both on what my scumbuddy puts up as false scumhunting, and what others thing of my scumbuddy...
Ok I'm pretty sure YOU'RE not allowed to post.

Anyways I should start today with a what-I-think-of-everyone.

The King of Eggs: His Scumhunting pattern seems to mimic the NKs in that they both seem to be solely concentrated on the ICs. TKoE went for Jim's throat yesterday with absolutely no argument, and did the same for Web by FoSing him for calling him arrogant. The entire basis of his posts seem to be made with the intent of wanting us to ignore the ICs. I'm all for having a good rough and tumble with the senior players, but trying to discredit them is a major problem. This, plus the scared defense at the beginning and the eye raking, player leaving Omega-lurk you put us through when you were on your unexplained vacation, lead me to believe he's scum. Is there any reason why you've been so eager to attack and deface the ICs?

CrownofFire: Not a lot of scumhunting still, be sure to post some good argumenteering before you go to sleep!

Orangebottle: No information yet, be sure to scumhunt today too, there's a greater than or equal to 1 in 5 chance you'll find the right guy today!God I sound like a douche.

Webadict: same situation as Orange, but was more active yesterday. *Furrows Eyebrows,* One question though:
Jim, you do something or something. Tell them what to do. I didn't want to be an IC.
Webadict: You weren't afraid to give information before you were playing, what's the difference between giving advice then and giving it now?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Straight from dead chat:

LNCP:  "... as an IC you are free to break the rule of silence."

You're not an IC, so post your bah and stay dead- this is a rule of virtually every mafia game.

As for me, here's my piece.

Stay active!  You've got one down, so press your advantage.  An inexperienced scum may start to panic here: they know they've got to avoid the lynch today and tomorrow at 3p LYLO to win.  I've been there, and it's nerve wracking.  Don't let up now.  With fewer people, there won't be as many posts, it's true, but keep your eyes open and press everyone.

As Jim said, you can read over the interactions with the dead scum to get some ideas, but don't let it be the centerpiece of your attack.

Good luck and have fun!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Webadict: same situation as Orange, but was more active yesterday. *Furrows Eyebrows,* One question though:
Jim, you do something or something. Tell them what to do. I didn't want to be an IC.
Webadict: You weren't afraid to give information before you were playing, what's the difference between giving advice then and giving it now?
Because it wasn't my sole job before. I had help from the other two ICs. Now it's become my obligation, with the other two chipping in when necessary.

I hate you.

Who me
No, scum.

So we basically have two lynches left. Now we just need people to actually post and we can get this moving along. Time to carefully look through the thread and see what's here and who to lynch. Well I guess it's always time to do that, but now it's even more important.

By the way, I'm flying back out to St. Louis tomorrow (it's about 8:35 PM right now). Just a bit of notice so that you know that I'm going to be unavailable for the next (real-time) day. I'll be here for another three hours or so, then I'll be heading to bed. The day after tomorrow I'll be here as normal.

And webadict, I've been in Disney World for the past week and been going around like crazy trying to find time to do this. Not to mention the ridiculous costs of internet around here at $10 for 24 hours. Thankfully I've only had to get it once because most of the time that the internet has been unavailable was during the Night, but still.
Don't think that that excludes you from scumhunting. In fact, you should probably hunt doubletime.

Scum's greatest weakness are themselves first, then their teammates, and then finally, clever town. So keep looking for scum like you've been doing (looking at cases, seeing whether they hold any water, seeing how committed to votes people are, whether they're scumhunting or not, and so on). But you can supplement your normal scumhunting by looking at how players have interacted with the confirmed scum in previous days. Since scum (especially inexperienced scum) have a difficult time interacting with each other in a natural way, it's often easier and vastly more beneficial to not interact at all. So look for awkward or forced interactions between breadbocks and other players, or players who barely interacted with breadbocks at all, even when he was being really scummy.
Basically what Jim said. It is now acceptable to use interactions such as chainsaw defending... and other things that I'm drawing a blank on for no reason right now to scumhunt. Even the best teammates subconsciously give away their partners, so look for that.

And dammit, be active. Both town and scum. Abysmal activity is a great way to kill a game.
Alright, alright. I'm setting a bad example. I hope you're happy. I'm half-awake and sweating like a pig, but I'm doing it.

The King, you stole Heliman's argument yesterday. You had no real reason to do this, and your post added nothing substantial to it, which made such an action... not okay.

I'd really like to hear what you have to say.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To clarify, its more like he rode in on on my argument, proceeded to deface the ICs in any way possible, and never let up with any kind of coherent or convincing evidence.

...Bookras? No, no that's fucking impossible.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Alright, nobody's really posted much so far since my last post, and this is the last time I'm posting tonight. Just like to add in that I'd like to see The King of Eggs post something as well. Oh, and Orangebottle too.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grr that's still not doing any scumhunting grr.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

The King of Eggs has been prodded.

Please try to be more active.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

The King, I'm sort of tired of waiting for you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

*Sticks head up from grave*

Remember, you made a commitment when you signed up for this game.  If you don't participate, you're doing a disservice to your fellow players and yourself.  Also, even if you're waiting for someone to answer a question of yours, that's no excuse not to question other people- even ones you may think are town.

*Head sinks back in*
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about this. For the others that are actually not either dead, absent(crown) or lurking (Egg), post what they think of the everyone that's alive right now. I mean an ordered list, with a description of every player. Come on motherfuckers, it's arts and crafts time down at the BM daycare, speak up!

The King of Eggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi
I have been forced to request replacement from this game

I am sorry.

Until my replacement is found I will try to post.

Lets start with the obvious:
Even a bunch of 5 year old kids could see that I am not dumb enough to rip into someone then NK them :/
Scum are trying to get an easy lynch (me) by killing the people I obviously don't like. Come on guys really?

Breadbocks' flip surprised me actually, I do not currently have the time to go through his interactions, but as jim says (never thought I'd say that) look at people breadbocks hadn't attacked, or more likely weakly attacked.

Again I apologize for my Inactivity, My so-called 'vacation' was an emergency trip to hospital, I have yet to recover and have little enough periods of lucidity to live, let alone enough to post a well thought out argument.  (sorry for the sop story, witch this rightfully is.)

TKoE 

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Hi
I have been forced to request replacement from this game

I am sorry.

Until my replacement is found I will try to post.
Not another one...

Even a bunch of 5 year old kids could see that I am not dumb enough to rip into someone then NK them :/
Scum are trying to get an easy lynch (me) by killing the people I obviously don't like. Come on guys really?
But obviously that's what you want us to think, so we should lynch you! But that's what the scum WANT us to think, so we should lynch somebody else! But that's what YOU want us to think, so we should lynch you! But that's what the SCUM want us to think, so we shouldn't lynch you! But that's what you WANT us to think, so...

This is like the most basic example of WIFOM. What reason could a town player have to induce WIFOM?

Breadbocks' flip surprised me actually, I do not currently have the time to go through his interactions, but as jim says (never thought I'd say that) look at people breadbocks hadn't attacked, or more likely weakly attacked.
Blah, blah, I had no idea my scum partner was scum! Blah, blah, repeating the IC.

Again I apologize for my Inactivity, My so-called 'vacation' was an emergency trip to hospital, I have yet to recover and have little enough periods of lucidity to live, let alone enough to post a well thought out argument.  (sorry for the sop story, witch this rightfully is.)
Okay, that kind of explains it... But you need to plan out these emergencies in the future so they don't interrupt a Mafia game :P

But really, what happened? Obviously you're not dead, and still alive enough to post.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crown, Egg remember when I said everyone should post their take on the scumminess of each player? feel free to do it too now that your back.

You didn't answer my question EGG, I even bolded it for you.

It's WIFOM, you know it is, the kill wasn't strategic N1 and followed form N2, I "ripped" on Jim too you know, but I wasn't a bitch about it.

All of Breadbock's attacks were weak, though I seem to remember a very certain attack D1 on a very certain lurker.

Because OF COURSE you only tell people this when your are actually under fire, COULDN'T THINK OF A BETTER TIME IN FACT.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blah, blah, I had no idea my scum partner was scum! Blah, blah, repeating the IC.
[/quote]
Also, if you're so sure he's scum, why haven't you voted him yet?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36