Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 72055 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

Damn, misquote.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Talk is slow, and the islanders seem have become lethargic under the sun. Many seem to be preoccupied with trying to pry out any hidden features from the agent's equipment. Unfortunately, the pursuit proves to be fruitless. What was initially a state-of-the-art headset has now become a pile of broken plastic and bent metal, and the badge's leather cover has been torn to shreds.

Votecount:
Heliman - 0 -
webadict - 0 -
Orangebottle - 0 -
CrownofFire - 0 -
Simmura McCrea - 2 - webadict, Heliman

Not Voting - 0 - CrownofFire, Orangebottle, Simmura McCrea
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -

In its current state, the day will end with a Simmura McCrea Lynch.

Orangebottle has been prodded.
The King of Eggs is now Simmura McCrea.

The Day ends to Friday, 8PM GMT.

You need 2 to Extend and 3 to Shorten.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello new person, I'm sorry that you may not be around here for long. Have you read the thread yet?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Breadbocks' flip surprised me actually, I do not currently have the time to go through his interactions, but as jim says (never thought I'd say that) look at people breadbocks hadn't attacked, or more likely weakly attacked.
Blah, blah, I had no idea my scum partner was scum! Blah, blah, repeating the IC.
Also, if you're so sure he's scum, why haven't you voted him yet?
Because TKoE isn't playing anymore :P

And besides that, it's a little rude to vote someone that just got replaced.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Hokay, first p0st and all that. Anywho.

First off, I'm going to vote Heliman. You've been telling everyone to scumhunt today, without doing much of it yourself. You also keep going on about WIFOM and it's annoying me.

Also, FoS on OrangBottle, but only because you haven't posted much.

Will post more on the others when I've gone over the thread in more detail and made some notes.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Simmura McCrea link=topic=80018.msg2185068#msg2185068 date=1302799494
First off, I'm going to [color=red
vote Heliman.[/color] You've been telling everyone to scumhunt today, without doing much of it yourself. You also keep going on about WIFOM and it's annoying me.
Ah! Today is finally getting interesting!
I have to disagree Simmy. The way I see it, I'm the one who has been scumhunting the most today, what with my pursuit of Egg. Why would you you see it otherwise?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Breadbocks' flip surprised me actually, I do not currently have the time to go through his interactions, but as jim says (never thought I'd say that) look at people breadbocks hadn't attacked, or more likely weakly attacked.
Blah, blah, I had no idea my scum partner was scum! Blah, blah, repeating the IC.
Also, if you're so sure he's scum, why haven't you voted him yet?
Because TKoE isn't playing anymore :P

And besides that, it's a little rude to vote someone that just got replaced.
It's a little more rude to have no opinions on anybody. You can probably get to scumhunting at any time. I'm still waiting on it.

How about this. For the others that are actually not either dead, absent(crown) or lurking (Egg), post what they think of the everyone that's alive right now. I mean an ordered list, with a description of every player. Come on motherfuckers, it's arts and crafts time down at the BM daycare, speak up!
I disagree with this on principle of you asking but not doing it first. It's not a god idea to come up with ideas for others to do.

Anyhow,

Heliman is Town. You can either choose to believe me or not, but I have it in good knowledge that Heliman is Town. In fact, there is no reason to not believe what I say.
I need Orange Bottle and Crown to talk more.
The King is scum for stealing arguments. Or whoever replaced him. I'll get on him in just a bit.

First off, I'm going to vote Heliman. You've been telling everyone to scumhunt today, without doing much of it yourself. You also keep going on about WIFOM and it's annoying me.

Will post more on the others when I've gone over the thread in more detail and made some notes.
Because everyone SHOULD be scumhunting. I disagree with the statement, since you would also count as not scumhunting under that same premise. The WIFOM was King's argument about why he shouldn't be lynched, which has NOTHING to do with the whole stealing arguments thing. Instead, you've jumped on the OMGUSing train t tell Heliman to look somewhere else, since his scumhunting has been directed toward you.

I am interested to hear what you have to say though. Come on and bring it forth.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about this. For the others that are actually not either dead, absent(crown) or lurking (Egg), post what they think of the everyone that's alive right now. I mean an ordered list, with a description of every player. Come on motherfuckers, it's arts and crafts time down at the BM daycare, speak up!
I disagree with this on principle of you asking but not doing it first. It's not a god idea to come up with ideas for others to do.
(PFP)But wuba, that was the first thing I did today!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

(PFP)But wuba, that was the first thing I did today!
? Did I miss a post? I don't see one that would be listed.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(PFP)The one where I first voted egg?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Okay, first off, could an IC give a detailed explanation of WIFOM? I still don't fully understand it.

Secondly, Heli: I was basing that mostly off the current page. Not great, I know. Ah well.

Third: So far, I don't think webadict's scum. This could be because you're experienced enough to throw off poor Newbie McCrea, but hey. Can I ask why you're so convinced that Heli's town, though? Crown hasn't posted much recently due to RL stuff, so I'm not going to comment until he's posted more, same with OrangeBottle. As for Heli, I'm not sure anymore. Unvote for the moment. This stuff's complicated.

(PFP)The one where I first voted egg?
No you didn't, you ragged on Egg and said nothing on anyone else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, first off, could an IC give a detailed explanation of WIFOM? I still don't fully understand it.

WIFOM is, first and foremost, an instance of recursive thinking.

Say you have some action, and you want to know why someone did that.  You first think "He did that because he is _____."
Then you think "No, maybe he did that because he wants me to think that he is _________."
And then "Maybe he did that because he wants me to think that he wants me to think that he is _______________________."

And it goes on, and on.

The solution is that, whenever you find yourself in one of these situations, you should ignore the problem of the WIFOM in and of itself, and engage in meta-thinking.  In other words, try to figure out if the injection of WIFOM was intentional or unintentional; and if you end up with more WIFOM there, just don't mention the WIFOM and question the person instead.

I hope that makes things clearer.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Ah, okay. Cheers, Vector.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Unless you have enough experience to accurately make the judgment of whether it was intentional or not, you should just ignore it.

Note that they did it, but ignore whatever it is they were trying to say.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry I haven't been posting much, been occupied with things on other forums and distracted by games. Yeah, I know it isn't an excuse to just stop posting on here. I'm sorry.

Because OF COURSE you only tell people this when your are actually under fire, COULDN'T THINK OF A BETTER TIME IN FACT.
Seriously? Guy's been in a hospital and had just asked for replacement, and you're just going to act like he's lieing? Dick move, heliman.

Anyway, I'm much better at IRC mafia than this. I guess i'm just not used to WALL OF TEXT.

Now, let's begin.

Welcome to the game!

Heliman - Most likely scum. He is being completely and utterly useless today, what with attacking the guy who requested a replacement. Also, he is a jerk.
Webadict - Might be scum. The other two ICs are dead, and one has to be scum, right? I think that if Webadict doesn't die tonight, he is scum.
TKoE - Sorry to see you go. Bye dude.
CrownOfFire - Being quiet, passive. Eh. I don't see too much reason other than that to think he's scum.
Simmura McCrea - I have no idea, honestly. I'll likely learn more when they post a bit more.

Actually, I have a question for you. Simmura: What do you think about the previous nightkills?

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36