Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 72066 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Heliman - Most likely scum. He is being completely and utterly useless today, what with attacking the guy who requested a replacement. Also, he is a jerk.

Being a jerk isn't a scum tell. You shouldn't vote a player who rubs you the wrong way, only a player you think is scum.

There's nothing wrong with attacking a player who's requested a replacement. Asking for a replacement doesn't make a player off-limits.

Webadict - Might be scum. The other two ICs are dead, and one has to be scum, right? I think that if Webadict doesn't die tonight, he is scum.

The roles are distributed randomly; you can't make any assumptions about the alignment of any ICs based on the alignments of the other two.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Besides he replaced in.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Actually, I have a question for you. Simmura: What do you think about the previous nightkills?
I get the feeling they were slightly panicky scum trying to take out the more experienced ICs to reduce the chances of detection. Bread got caught too early, but the remaining scum's got a much easier job without them. In all honesty, I expect webadict to be the next to be NK'd. Of course, now that I've said that, the scum might not NK him to try to throw off this line of thought. Not that it'd help much, since we'd still have an IC townie. Unless webadict himself is the scum. So basically, if webadict isn't NK'd, I'm going to suspect him pretty heavily. Probably won't find anything on him, though. No offense to you, webadict. It's just what I'd do if I were scum.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heliman - Most likely scum. He is being completely and utterly useless today, what with attacking the guy who requested a replacement. Also, he is a jerk.

Being a jerk isn't a scum tell. You shouldn't vote a player who rubs you the wrong way, only a player you think is scum.

There's nothing wrong with attacking a player who's requested a replacement. Asking for a replacement doesn't make a player off-limits.

He's still being much more useless than he was before.

The roles are distributed randomly; you can't make any assumptions about the alignment of any ICs based on the alignments of the other two.

Ah, sorry, misread the OP. Un-FoS Webadict for now.

Besides he replaced in.

That doesn't mean he's not scum. It just means we have less posts to hunt through to prove that he's scum.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I think I need to pop in and explain why NK selections are a terrible thing to use as evidence of scummitude.

Let's take your statement here:

So basically, if webadict isn't NK'd, I'm going to suspect him pretty heavily.

Let's assume the five players are Simmura, Webadict, Toaster, A, and B.  Let's also assume I'm the one scum.  I'd try to steer toward a mislynch toward A or B, and then NK the other one.  During the night, I'd work on a case against Web.  Come day, I'd post it and vote him, and assume you'd follow along, since you already advertised that opinion.  Mislynch on Web, I win.

Don't ever assume scum will take the obvious choice when it comes to NKs.  In fact, you shouldn't assume anything about the NKs of previous nights- they are a prime source of useless circular logic that will only waste your time and confuse you.  The dead are dead- focus on the living.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Okay, that's my logic shot down. Thanks, Toaster.

Soooooooo. Um. FoS on Crown. He's been pretty lurky recently, although that may be RL stuff. Aside from that, I'm going to have to re-think some stuff.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

Simmura
Okay, first off, could an IC give a detailed explanation of WIFOM? I still don't fully understand it.
Woah Woah Woah, What? You used WIFOM as a reason for voting me without knowing what it does? Massive OMGUS'n is afoot here.

Secondly, Heli: I was basing that mostly off the current page. Not great, I know. Ah well.
Ok, now I don't follow because on the very same page I was hunting your predecessor, Egg. In fact, you even mentioned how I talked about WIFOM today, when that was the only post I mentioned it in, so you had to have seen it.

Can I ask why you're so convinced that Heli's town, though?
Oh, read through the thread, the answer's in there somewhere.

No you didn't, you ragged on Egg and said nothing on anyone else.
I beg to differ, although I did focus on egg in that post, it was only because I wanted to elaborate why I was voting him.

|
|
|

Orangebottle

Seriously? Guy's been in a hospital and had just asked for replacement, and you're just going to act like he's lieing? Dick move, heliman.
I don't see any reason to believe him, especially since he's withheld this information for so long.

Also, he is a jerk.
Oh. Well pardon me, madam.

He's still being much more useless than he was before.
This is the second time you've made this baseless observation, would you care to explain to us why? If you can, try not to act too much like breadbocks in the process.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Eggs' reason for leaving is valid enough and covers why he was gone without an excuse, even though some elaboration would have been welcome. End of story. Go find a better reason.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm? There's nothing to find a reason for, I'm just stating my point of view/ defending myself. Regardless, I'll back off the whole "Egg left suddenly ZOMG" thing if you want then.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I am going to work on this tomorrow or over the weekend. I'm sorry, guys. Lots of stuff all at once.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(PFP) might as well Extend, many new people and things to bicker about, it would be best to do it over the weekend.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Hey, LNCP, just a heads up, you never sent me the link to deadchat. Does dead scum not get deadchat?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... can't you just pm him?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Derp. I honestly forgot about PMing.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Posting from work, but I'll try to get something useful done here.
Simmura
Okay, first off, could an IC give a detailed explanation of WIFOM? I still don't fully understand it.
Woah Woah Woah, What? You used WIFOM as a reason for voting me without knowing what it does? Massive OMGUS'n is afoot here.
No, I used the fact that you kept going on about it despite Jim telling you to quit it. Also, because you're aggressive and assertive and I don't like that sort of person.

Secondly, Heli: I was basing that mostly off the current page. Not great, I know. Ah well.
Ok, now I don't follow because on the very same page I was hunting your predecessor, Egg. In fact, you even mentioned how I talked about WIFOM today, when that was the only post I mentioned it in, so you had to have seen it.
Yeah, you ragged on Egg. That was it.

Can I ask why you're so convinced that Heli's town, though?
Oh, read through the thread, the answer's in there somewhere.
Didn't ask you.

No you didn't, you ragged on Egg and said nothing on anyone else.
I beg to differ, although I did focus on egg in that post, it was only because I wanted to elaborate why I was voting him.
I was more meaning here, but having seen that post I concede the point.
Also, he is a jerk.
Oh. Well pardon me, madam.
And yes, you are being a jerk.

Anywho, that aside, I'm going to do something that's probably pretty stupid and trust webadict. Heli's town, yay, have a party or something. Gotta work now, will post on the others later, this one just didn't require as much thought.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36