Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 72001 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [5/6, 2/3], DAY 2: A Kitchen Implement's Lament
« Reply #405 on: April 16, 2011, 01:37:08 am »

Spoiler: Anger arc (click to show/hide)

What's next? Oh yes, the WIFOM arc, Jim must be rolling in his grave.

Spoiler: WIFOM Arc (click to show/hide)

Ok, now that that's done, time for the Day 2 Arc. Wow, this is a hefty one.

Spoiler: Day 2 Arc (click to show/hide)

I guess that leaves the Day 3 Arc then.
Spoiler: Day Three Arc (click to show/hide)

*looks winded from going through that much pointless crap*
Pointless, eh? Why'd you even respond to it then?

I do have to say that you're awfully defensive, Heliman. And Jim's post has a point, I just can't see any point beyond defending yourself. But unfortunately, you just haven't really given me any kind of a huge scum vibe this game. I just don't see enough reason to vote you over somebody like Simmura McCrea over there. TKoE wasn't that great, even excluding the so-called "lurking".And Heliman has at least pointed a few fingers, rare as they are. TKoE piggybacked on other arguments, and so far you just seem to be defending yourself, especially since you're not currently voting (*cough* LNCP *cough*).
I'm not Super. Any suspicion from Toaster due to Super is about as meaningful to me as someone out for revenge on me for my ancestor. It means nothing to me, because I didn't do it.

I'm really tired of people ignoring that.
It was more directed at Orangebottle for starting the wall of text than it was at you for responding to it.
Er. Sorry. I probably should've refined the wall a lot more. Would've made it much smaller. But now that it's begun, I'm not going to just drop it.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Refine it anyway. I'm not going to take the effort to read it but I'm pretty sure you're wasting both your and Heliman's time. Instead of asking him about eeeveeeryyythiiing, ask him the the questions that will really show him to be scum.

What's the core of your attack? What are the few central points that your whole attack rests on?

That's what your post should be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Crown, could you let me know why I'm scummy? I admit, I kinda suck at explaining my thoughts, but I was hoping some mafia would help with that. I suppose it's too early to make much of a difference so far. Please recall, even if Egg was scummier than pond scum, it doesn't make me scum. I'd comment on the whole OB/Heli argument there, but... fuck that. I'm struggling to follow the first WoT, never mind the third.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Actually, vote CrownofFire. No, not as OMGUS, there's an argument here. Now we see if I can make it understandable.

Day 1, you asked a few questions of people, answered questions of you, all that. Seems to be fairly normal RVS, from what I can tell. You pick at Egg's posts, namely his caps-locked post, but I have a good suspicion Egg was actually town. After that, you answered some questions, responded to some comments, asked Toaster a question. But you didn't scumhunt. In fact, you barely posted, especially next to the whole Heli/bread clusterfuck going on in there. Late Day 1, that's not so bad seeing as you weren't really there much. Day 2, you posted twice. Once to say you'd been sightseeing and would be reading through the posts made while you were gone (nothing ever came of that) and once to vote bread as it became increasingly obvious he was next up. A quick bus to give yourself some credibility, perhaps? Day 3, you've voted me for Egg's scumminess, as far as I can see, and that's it. No scumhunting. Just contentless posts.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Refine it anyway. I'm not going to take the effort to read it but I'm pretty sure you're wasting both your and Heliman's time. Instead of asking him about eeeveeeryyythiiing, ask him the the questions that will really show him to be scum.

What's the core of your attack? What are the few central points that your whole attack rests on?

That's what your post should be.

Urgh...no...this is just too much work. You're right. I'm just going to drop the wall of text stuff unless Heli pisses me off again. Unvote Heliman
I'm interested in how CrownofFire responds to Simmura's points, though.

I'm going to be gone for most of tomorrow. I have a flight, some spring break to get to. I'll try to be semi-active during the break, but I have some work to make up, and more importantly an ISP to work on, so I dunno.
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

ARGH

Did I tell you to drop your attack?

NO

I DID NOT

I told you to make it clear and concise. Where did you get the idea I wanted you to drop your attack?

FROM THIN AIR PROBABLY
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

You should never drop an attack on someone before they reply unless you realize it's based on a misconception, misunderstanding, or you realize it makes no sense.  "Too much work" is a horrible excuse.  Cut out the weak bits and focus on the strengths.  Focus it into a handful of points for response.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Actually, vote CrownofFire. No, not as OMGUS, there's an argument here. Now we see if I can make it understandable.

Day 1, you asked a few questions of people, answered questions of you, all that. Seems to be fairly normal RVS, from what I can tell. You pick at Egg's posts, namely his caps-locked post, but I have a good suspicion Egg was actually town. After that, you answered some questions, responded to some comments, asked Toaster a question. But you didn't scumhunt. In fact, you barely posted, especially next to the whole Heli/bread clusterfuck going on in there. Late Day 1, that's not so bad seeing as you weren't really there much. Day 2, you posted twice. Once to say you'd been sightseeing and would be reading through the posts made while you were gone (nothing ever came of that) and once to vote bread as it became increasingly obvious he was next up. A quick bus to give yourself some credibility, perhaps? Day 3, you've voted me for Egg's scumminess, as far as I can see, and that's it. No scumhunting. Just contentless posts.
I haven't really been able to post much because of this last minute trip thing that I'm practically still in the middle of. This whole trip practically began in day 1, if I'm remembering correctly. But anyway, this is all excuses. I know I haven't been active enough, and I've tried to, but I tend to play more reactionary, which doesn't really work if there's no action to have a reaction to. This post is the perfect example of exactly what is needed for me to react to. A nice, small, simple, and straight-to-the-point block of text. Nothing like those walls up there. You can't easily respond to a wall (and it looks weird to talk to a wall, hehe). Back to the main point, I like to play reactionary. I still take action, but I have to see what everyone's doing first. Usually means I don't end up pinpointing scum until later on, but it all turns out fine.

Anyway, the largest reason I voted you is because you've been sitting over there not voting anyone and not chasing anyone. Much larger than the second, really. The second reason is because of TKoE. You might be a different person, but if he was scum, then you're scum, right?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

So you're voting for me for the reason I'm voting for you: Little to no scumhunting. You've been playing this for nearly a month, compared to my 2 days, and we've done fairly similar amounts of scumhunting. The difference between us being that I'm terrible at putting thoughts into words so I tend to avoid posting (a habit I'm trying to break by playing mafia), and you're just trying to hide that you're scum.

As for Egg, I'm pretty sure at least one IC has said something along the lines of "don't vote for a replacement based on the scumminess of the person they're replacing". And to be honest, I thought Egg was scum before I replaced him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

If this is what clears heliman, just come out and say it Webadict. If you can't, then I'll keep with my vote on him.
I can't, but you can trust me since there is no reason NOT to trust me. Either I'm town and my opinion is valid, or I'm scum and Heliman has to be Town.

Your case has some good points, but there are plenty of pointless points that were unnecessary. WIFOYIFOM? How do you figure that he's attempting to misinform the Town with something like that? A stretch.

I do have to say that you're awfully defensive, Heliman. And Jim's post has a point, I just can't see any point beyond defending yourself. But unfortunately, you just haven't really given me any kind of a huge scum vibe this game. I just don't see enough reason to vote you over somebody like Simmura McCrea over there. TKoE wasn't that great, even excluding the so-called "lurking". And Heliman has at least pointed a few fingers, rare as they are. TKoE piggybacked on other arguments, and so far you just seem to be defending yourself, especially since you're not currently voting (*cough* LNCP *cough*).

Also, LNCP: Simmura currently is not voting as seen in this post. Fix it please.
If you're going to claim piggybacking, you might want to point some fingers at yourself for stealing the piggybacking argument, especially if you're claiming lurking as well.

So you're voting for me for the reason I'm voting for you: Little to no scumhunting. You've been playing this for nearly a month, compared to my 2 days, and we've done fairly similar amounts of scumhunting. The difference between us being that I'm terrible at putting thoughts into words so I tend to avoid posting (a habit I'm trying to break by playing mafia), and you're just trying to hide that you're scum.

As for Egg, I'm pretty sure at least one IC has said something along the lines of "don't vote for a replacement based on the scumminess of the person they're replacing". And to be honest, I thought Egg was scum before I replaced him.
I agree with a fair majority of this post, but you can't say not to look at the replacement. What we should be doing is basing more of our reasoning on your doings, and less on King's.

You can't really hinge a majority of your defense on "an IC said it." Scumhunting is really your only chance to defend against King's actions.

I know this is a short post, but I'm falling too far behind.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Who and when?

Unfortunately that's not the case. You still have to carry the baggage that comes with the player you're replacing. Other players can't expect that you'll be able to answer for what the player you're replacing did, however. You can only answer for what you've done.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ARGH

Did I tell you to drop your attack?

NO

I DID NOT

I told you to make it clear and concise. Where did you get the idea I wanted you to drop your attack?

FROM THIN AIR PROBABLY

I got the idea because the post itself was thin air. I can't see any logic that could lead to Heliman being scum. Honestly, this is why pissing people off is an ineffective way to scumhunt. It just ends up wasting everyone's time.

You should never drop an attack on someone before they reply unless you realize it's based on a misconception, misunderstanding, or you realize it makes no sense.  "Too much work" is a horrible excuse.  Cut out the weak bits and focus on the strengths.  Focus it into a handful of points for response.

It is all weak bits. I cut out the post because fuck my logic sucks.

Your case has some good points, but there are plenty of pointless points that were unnecessary. WIFOYIFOM? How do you figure that he's attempting to misinform the Town with something like that? A stretch.
Uh. Wuba. Please, tell me what good points I have. At this point there isn't a single fucking argument I can see in it.
My Sig

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not going to bother with a wall this time. A paragraph should suffice.

I have to say this is vaguely amusing watching you chase each other in circles.

This quote feels extremely scummy to me. It's the exact same thought I have when I play scum in IRC mafia. I don't care if it's from day 1, this is just too off. This, along with the active lurkiness, blatant bandwagoning, and hypocritical voting logic are just damning.

Vote CrownofFire
My Sig

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

The day has taken an interesting turn, and the quiet CrownofFire has been chosen in Heliman's stead. The sun's tip is all that remains over the dark sea, and the fire crackles maliciously as it waits for its next sacrifice.

Votecount:
Heliman - 0 -
webadict - 0 -
Orangebottle - 0 -
CrownofFire - 2 - Orangebottle, Simmura McCrea
Simmura McCrea - 3 - webadict, Heliman, CrownofFire

Not Voting - 0 -
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0-
Shorten  - 0 -

In its current state, the day will end with a Simmura McCrea Lynch.

The Day ends Monday, 8PM GMT.

You need 2 to Extend and 3 to Shorten.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 10:11:21 am by lordnincompoop »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

I have to say this is vaguely amusing watching you chase each other in circles.

This quote feels extremely scummy to me. It's the exact same thought I have when I play scum in IRC mafia. I don't care if it's from day 1, this is just too off. This, along with the active lurkiness, blatant bandwagoning, and hypocritical voting logic are just damning.

Vote CrownofFire
Okay, so I'm scummy because I didn't want to get involved in a circle of uselessness? All active lurking was pretty much gone after day 1 (RVS tends to make me active lurk, and my favored scum at that point wasn't there), what with me going on this trip and all (and replaced with forced "lurking"). Bandwagoning is where? If you're referring to Simmura there, then whatever. I don't get any scum vibes from anyone except Simmura. I can't entirely explain it, but TKoE was scummy, and now Simmura's scummy to me.

Now as far as hypocritical voting logic, that's pretty much unavoidable. Try as much as you like, but at some point you're going to have to do it. Just because it's hypocritical doesn't mean it's wrong. Not to mention that I'm being hypocritical of one thing (little scumhunting), while I'm voting Simmura for multiple things.

By the way, LNCP, Simmura McCrea. You missed my vote, fix it please.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36