Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377245 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19170 on: May 07, 2017, 10:03:05 pm »

Anor londo silver knight archers

Time your rolls. If you just rollspam you'll run out of stamina, so learn when your iframes are.

Alternatively, two-hand a shield with a high Stability stat.

Yeah, honestly, that part you're at is the most annoying part of the game, including bonewheel skeletons. It helps to realize that as long as you're sprinting up the first set of ramps, they won't be able to hit you. Then, once you're at the same ledge the knights are on, charge the one to the right and get close enough that he pulls out his sword so you can melee him to death. This method has worked for me on several separate characters, several of whom had 0 poise and didn't use shields. Its still a goddamn pain though, especially since you have to redo the moderately dangerous bat demon fights every time.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #19171 on: May 07, 2017, 10:46:30 pm »

Nuclear Throne is just awful.

I hate it so much, but I love it so much more.

I just wish that there was some consistency in the level generators. In a solid majority of my runs, I die not because of my own stupidity, but because the game decided to spawn me in the center of a huge number of bullet spam enemies. Only one boss is really unfair, though, and the problem with him is that he takes too many hits to kill and is extremely mobile and insta-kills and spawns loads of allies and those allies do tons of damage.

Still haven't beaten the final boss, and I've only reached it twice. The first time it killed me instantly when the fight began. The second time, I completely ran out ammo without killing it, and I had two of the most powerful weapons in the game.

Honestly I'm near giving up and moving on to mods.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19172 on: May 07, 2017, 10:50:57 pm »

I play my computer games on a laptop.

With more graphics-intensive titles (i.e. anything in three dimensions) this can prove to be a a problem once the battery runs low or when I start charging, both of which (I believe) limit the actual amount of power supply being devoted to making the game run quickly.

I was playing on the laptop's battery power when I opened the Steam Overlay and noticed it was getting a little low. My frame rate read about 26-40, with 30ish being the range that was most common.

I plug in the laptop to charge it.

Cue immediate drop from 26-40 to 8-12 FPS. I immediately failed the activity I was playing at the time and decided it would be an exercise in futility to try again.

Also, it's kind of irritating that this installment has manual save.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Saint's Row 2 is considered one of the worst PC ports in existence; i'm surprised it didn't just straight up crash at the change in CPU use. Good game though.

At the time of this reading, the game has, indeed, crashed on several seperate occasions.

Even with Gentlemen Of The Row installed. (I haven't added any of the bonus content like new weapons or features, since I want a taste of vanilla first)

The answer is to use a speedhack and set the speed to the ratio between your computer's clock speed and the X360's clock speed, which if I recall was 3.2ghz. That slows the game back down to normal speeds. You'll still get stuttering and occasional hangs, but it'll be significantly more playable. Of course, this means you can't play online, but Gamespy is dead anyway.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19173 on: May 07, 2017, 11:48:23 pm »

That's the sort of esoteric fix you'd expect for a Windows 3.1 FMV game or something, jeez.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19174 on: May 08, 2017, 12:41:16 am »

Nuclear Throne is just awful.

I hate it so much, but I love it so much more.

I just wish that there was some consistency in the level generators. In a solid majority of my runs, I die not because of my own stupidity, but because the game decided to spawn me in the center of a huge number of bullet spam enemies. Only one boss is really unfair, though, and the problem with him is that he takes too many hits to kill and is extremely mobile and insta-kills and spawns loads of allies and those allies do tons of damage.

Still haven't beaten the final boss, and I've only reached it twice. The first time it killed me instantly when the fight began. The second time, I completely ran out ammo without killing it, and I had two of the most powerful weapons in the game.

Honestly I'm near giving up and moving on to mods.
What helps with the spawns for me is to always have a weapon that can fire rapidly and/or quickly convert a lot of ammo into a lot of dead bodies.  Every nuclear throne level is basically split into two phases: the first where you clear out or find a safe area, and the second where you can methodically go through the level as slow as you like.  So for example the pop gun is normally pretty bad but if I had a crossbow and a grenade launcher I'd swap in the pop gun, because both of those weapons are bad in situations where you don't have a safe area.  Whereas the pop gun has solid DPS and puts up a protective wall of stunlock.  Another rule of thumb is that you always want a way to destroy enemy bullets.  This is *mainly* for end game content, but trust me when I say that Crystal is extremely powerful and Eyes is better than he looks.  Melee weapons are OP for the same reason.  Melting's explosions can destroy bullets so if you stand on a corpse you can be pretty safe, although I still wouldn't recommend playing as him if you want to win.

Also prioritize weapon mutations more than you already do, that helps.  A crossbow with trigger fingers + bolt marrow + scary face can be better than an energy sword with nothing.  Except for the final boss but that's its own bag of maggots.  Other mutations that can help with bad spawns are hammerhead, strong spirit, boiling veins and rhino skin.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19175 on: May 08, 2017, 02:25:48 am »

Got eaten by a bear while being punched by a spriggan.

Oblivion. Bears are no joke
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19176 on: May 08, 2017, 03:54:24 am »

Got eaten by a bear while being punched by a spriggan.

Oblivion. Bears are no joke

Especially bears summoned by spriggans.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19177 on: May 08, 2017, 07:21:57 am »

-snip-
But WERE you cheating?
Probably not.  Hell I've been banned from TF2 servers just for knowing how to fire rockets from around corners.  Admins will ban you from their servers at the drop of a hat if you are better than them.   I was banned on 3 diffrent servers back in the day for essentially being too good.  And I was really only good with solly and huntsman sniper (for some reason I couldn't use the rifle worth a damn)
No, of course I wasn't cheating. I was actually doing terribly. I managed to land a lucky headshot on someone who was defending a point, and as a joke decided to say "Git gud git lmaobox", mimicing the spam of advertisements produced by actual hackers using Lmaobox. Except I didn't spam it, I said it a single time, and the fact that I said this was apparently 100% solid proof that I was doing it. In the span of 30 seconds, I went from making the joke, hearing some douche say in voice chat "THE MAJOR IS HACKING" and I was votekicked pretty much unanimously.

Also, as an update, I thought it was a joke at first, but I ran into one of the people from that match on a different pub later, and he immediately told everyone "Be careful, Major was hacking last time I saw him". I fucking hate the people on pubs sometimes.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19178 on: May 08, 2017, 07:35:10 am »

Welcome to the wonderful world of Poe's Law. :P

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19179 on: May 08, 2017, 12:13:14 pm »

I fucking hate the people on pubs sometimes.

Me too.

By the way, why haven't I added you on Steam yet? We could go shout at the noobs together or something :P

Anyway, my own death:

Insurgency.

Spoiler: Actual Death Causes (click to show/hide)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19180 on: May 08, 2017, 02:18:12 pm »

Died for fifth time and gave up on the game for now.

I can't get through fast enough, hearts run out too fast for subweapons, and THERES TOO MANY DAMN GIANT RAVENS ON THE WAY TO INSIGNY VILLAGE.

Am I supposed to grind here or something? I'm lost, because I like the game but the difficulty level is so unforgiving in the unfunny way.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19181 on: May 08, 2017, 02:25:17 pm »

Well, I got through the silver knights because of your help, and I thank you for that, but...

These guys are by far the hardest boss(es) I've fought so far. They combine the gankiness of the gargoyles, which it took me forever to beat, with the power of a freight train. I've only fought them three times, and I already know that this isn't going to be easy. I'm trying to go through the game without a guide, so I'm not looking anything up. So if anyone can tell me a good way for a light melee build with stats in all the wrong places can beat these two? I've got a halberd +10, the power within pyromancy, and a sturdy eagle.

I think I'll just go right back to games for simple-minded folk like myself thank you very much.

In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19182 on: May 08, 2017, 03:24:19 pm »

Don't feel bad about having difficulty with Ornstein and Smough. They are one of the hardest bosses in the game and almost everyone has difficulties with them the first time they fight the pair. After that it's smooth sailing.

Well. Smoother sailing. The latter half of DS1 is not as polished as the first half. Still worth experiencing if you got that far though.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19183 on: May 08, 2017, 03:27:36 pm »

Don't feel bad about having difficulty with Ornstein and Smough. They are one of the hardest bosses in the game and almost everyone has difficulties with them the first time they fight the pair. After that it's smooth sailing.

Well. Smoother sailing. The latter half of DS1 is not as polished as the first half. Still worth experiencing if you got that far though.
I love those nicknames
Thank you
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19184 on: May 08, 2017, 05:14:40 pm »

Lecarde Chronicles 2

Ooh, just looked it up, looks fun and like it can run on a potato. Should I play the first one first for story/difficulty adjustment/any other reason?
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 1575