Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1274 1275 [1276] 1277 1278 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377242 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19125 on: April 24, 2017, 09:08:59 pm »

Finally took one of the games I got in the giveaway for a spin.

This game's shtick is that you can use a grappling hook to cross gaps and ascend platforms.

However, the player cannot jump.

The player cannot jump.

Controls like that take some time getting used to.

They also take some time getting shot or getting dropped in the water after messing up. Again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19126 on: April 24, 2017, 09:36:52 pm »

That is a dang tough game.  A rare remake that's somewhat on par with the original, difficulty-wise.  It was very satisfying when I finally beat it.

Mine:  Apparently, shutting down the plant-growth machine caused a lot more plant life to grow.  Maybe I'm mad, but I'm not confident this will be explained, since nothing else has been.  Explanations might be reserved for newgame+, based on TieTuesday.

I am glad to be at a boss fight finally, instead of repeatedly managing to pull off tricky grapples-launches... only to be rewarded by hard "You don't have this upgrade!" blocks.  Seems like the wrong order to me.  To add insult to injury, I'm *trying* to reach the Metroid-Prime style "Go to this room!" marker.  It's just very unclear *how*- and the map at the bottom of the acid pool honestly did not help.

Anyway, shutting off the growth machine created a boss called Overgrowth, of course.  It's initially not so bad, once your understand that it's invincible 90% of the time.  Fortunately it randomly sends out a vulnerable eye-stalk which can be hurt, and I've gotten used to taking it down in two cycles.  Still, pain in the ass to just wait there for several attacks until it decides to unfurl.

Because that's just the first stage.  Now you basically have two platforms, and have to "shoot" (basically melee) the head just so, many times.  It periodically covers the field with a swarm of energy balls, but that's okay, you can ride the random energy currents into the sky...  Then fall blindly back into the battlefield.  But eventually you'll shoot the plant ball in it's oddly bloody... brain... enough for it to die.  Just takes a lot of tries.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19127 on: April 28, 2017, 04:39:43 pm »

I hate it when it takes me a million years to find a match and when I finally do, the person lags out of every hit that I land on them and still acts all smug when they win.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Also, I've seen a ton of people selecting Yamcha and spamming Fake Death over and over, because most of the other spammy moves have been nerfed by now and they need SOME way to be cheap.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19128 on: April 28, 2017, 04:46:11 pm »

Fake Death seems like a pretty terrible move even with spam...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19129 on: April 28, 2017, 05:00:18 pm »

Try grabs or ranged attacks?
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19130 on: April 28, 2017, 05:02:22 pm »

There's something inherently hilarious about frickin' Yamcha apparently being the cheapest character in the game. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19131 on: April 28, 2017, 05:08:34 pm »

2v2 Battle Tree. It opens with Mega Mawile and Barbaracle(AI-controlled) against Charizard and Mega Blastoise. Mawile is down before she can act, and Barbaracle knocks out Charizard in retaliation, then itself gets knocked out by Blastoise's Aura Sphere. Next is Garchomp(mine) and Halucha against Golem and Blastoise. Garchomp tries, but can't take down Blastoise, and gets knocked out by Blastoise's Dragon Pulse. Golem goes down to Hi Jump Kick. Next turn, Hawlucha is hit with Water Pulse and left with 12HP, but the turn after that he takes down Blastoise.

Last is Jellicent. Acrobatics does about 33% damage, but Jellicent buffs with Acid Armor. Next turn, Hawlucha uses Taunt. With only 12HP, it uses a move that forces the opponent to attack. Twelve hitpoints, Hawlucha.

Naturally, Jellicent used Scald.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19132 on: April 29, 2017, 07:49:30 am »

I play my computer games on a laptop.

With more graphics-intensive titles (i.e. anything in three dimensions) this can prove to be a a problem once the battery runs low or when I start charging, both of which (I believe) limit the actual amount of power supply being devoted to making the game run quickly.

I was playing on the laptop's battery power when I opened the Steam Overlay and noticed it was getting a little low. My frame rate read about 26-40, with 30ish being the range that was most common.

I plug in the laptop to charge it.

Cue immediate drop from 26-40 to 8-12 FPS. I immediately failed the activity I was playing at the time and decided it would be an exercise in futility to try again.

Also, it's kind of irritating that this installment has manual save.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19133 on: April 29, 2017, 10:01:07 am »

Yuck, that sucks.  Almost sounds like the power management has been set to limit the CPU when plugged in, which is the opposite of normal but an option you can choose.  Or, the act of plugging in just caused some lag as the system adjusted.

Laptop power is weird.  Unplugging my laptop still causes my router's wifi to crap out (for all devices, usually until I manually reset said router).

Anyway...  I had a level cleared down to one enemy, a single orc camping the exit portal.  My team piled in, doing special moves and combo attacks, but at the end of the turn it was juuuust barely alive.  It summoned "Orc God", a massive gold orc statue resembling Buddha.  My attackers were all smashed flat, by far, because they were fairly underlevelled...  I just didn't expect the orc to have such a powerful AOE (or survive, really).

I had one character left, my dedicated healer.  But wait, she had a spell to boost attack strength!  So she stood just out of range, casting it repeatedly until her attack capped out at 200%, then tried to finish off the orc in one mighty attack.  Go Team Cleric-

200% of "underlevelled non-combat character" is still "not nearly enough".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19134 on: April 29, 2017, 11:23:25 am »

With more graphics-intensive titles (i.e. anything in three dimensions) this can prove to be a a problem once the battery runs low or when I start charging, both of which (I believe) limit the actual amount of power supply being devoted to making the game run quickly.

I was playing on the laptop's battery power when I opened the Steam Overlay and noticed it was getting a little low. My frame rate read about 26-40, with 30ish being the range that was most common.

Cue immediate drop from 26-40 to 8-12 FPS. I immediately failed the activity I was playing at the time and decided it would be an exercise in futility to try again.

Saint's Row 2 is considered one of the worst PC ports in existence; i'm surprised it didn't just straight up crash at the change in CPU use. Good game though.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19135 on: April 29, 2017, 04:28:37 pm »

Saint's Row 2 is considered one of the worst PC ports in existence; i'm surprised it didn't just straight up crash at the change in CPU use. Good game though.

At the time of this reading, the game has, indeed, crashed on several seperate occasions.

Even with Gentlemen Of The Row installed. (I haven't added any of the bonus content like new weapons or features, since I want a taste of vanilla first)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19136 on: April 29, 2017, 04:53:04 pm »

I was wondering why the framerate was inexplicably lower than SR3, yet all the animations seemed to go way too fast. Shame, I was looking forward to playing it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19137 on: April 29, 2017, 09:48:16 pm »

I'm in Competitive yet again, against my better judgement.

We're almost winning a match.

Then our top player, who's a heavy, goes offline.

We lose. Hard.

What the fuck.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19138 on: April 30, 2017, 12:37:59 am »

Ways to die checklist:
Eaten by a ghoul, i shouldnt have even been near it.
Watch my companion get slaughtered by an ogre.
Get eaten by goblins pet vermin
Watch a second companion get zapped by a random mage on the road, then get hit by her myself
Watch a third companion get beaten to a pulp by a legionnaire. Not sure why.
Watch a fourth companion get mauled by a troll, nearly die myself
Watch yet another companion take a warhammer to the skull from a bandit.
And another one gets eaten by a durzog
Then another durzog incident, companion devoured in seconds, nearly die myself
Get caught for a crime i dont recall committing when talking to a guard
Attacked by two mages and a bandit or something on the road, total party wipe, my ass is cooked.

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19139 on: April 30, 2017, 02:36:08 am »

I saw a person in shiny ordinator armor in Mournhold. I complimented him on having shiny armor. He shouted that "she" sent me and killed me.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 1274 1275 [1276] 1277 1278 ... 1575