Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377177 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19185 on: May 08, 2017, 11:34:29 pm »

Dunno, haven't played it yet :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19186 on: May 09, 2017, 01:48:52 am »

Got eaten by a bear while being punched by a spriggan.

Oblivion. Bears are no joke

Especially bears summoned by spriggans.

Its okay, today i got eaten alive by slaughterfish before i could get out of the water. Makes spriggans seem almost polite.

Oblivion again

Also played starmade, got wrecked in a pvp duel by a real dedicated pvp player, real confident he could takee and another guy simultaneously in a ship half the size of mine. Didnt even get his shields down because i couldnt score a hit with the missiles (he had like 10 ams turrets), and beams only accounted for 50% of my damage output. I had the stronger armor and shield tank, but his rapid fire cannons and cannon turret tore into them all the same. His turret could hit me from any angle, even directly behind him and literally ramming his ass. It was humiliating, and a sad reminder that the dedicated pvp players just build and think so much different from me. I built a compact tank with adequate power and weapons for pve, he built a glass cannon with thousands of dps from cannons and unbeatable power production, turret and radar jammer. Said if he cut the turret he could perma-cloak.

My friend barely factored into the equation, he couldnt land a hit at all with purely lock on missiles.

Starmade
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19187 on: May 10, 2017, 07:43:32 pm »

I have made good progress in learning the Su-25. I can fly it quite well, and have learned how to use its weapons and ordnance. It is a pleasant aeroplane to fly, all together. However, navigation and landing continues to elude me, so I have been practicing that lately.

I came down rather hard and fast last time. It was not pretty. However, the standards for what constitutes a successful landing seems terribly low.

Game: DCS World.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19188 on: May 10, 2017, 08:11:43 pm »

Any landing you can walk away from, right?

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19189 on: May 10, 2017, 08:45:16 pm »

Well, quite. Nine botched landings out of ten, I can at least punch out to safety.

Not on the pictured occasion, though. I had an engine fire, and the aeroplane went up in smoke a few moments after I took the photograph. I miss-pressed the key-command for the catapult-seat. Rather served me right, truth be told.

(Still better than the time the aeroplane rolled over as I punched out at low altitude, and I managed to launch myself head-first into the ground.)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19190 on: May 10, 2017, 09:08:14 pm »

Was told to crawl to blend in with a nearby pile of corpses. The person telling me this was blocking the doorway, causing me to automatically switch to a kneeling position. Cue hail of bullets making sure I blended in with the corpse pile quite well(by being one of them).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19191 on: May 10, 2017, 11:26:19 pm »

I think the last time I died was getting firebapled by a wizard five minutes into the shift.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19192 on: May 10, 2017, 11:29:52 pm »

Was told to crawl to blend in with a nearby pile of corpses. The person telling me this was blocking the doorway, causing me to automatically switch to a kneeling position. Cue hail of bullets making sure I blended in with the corpse pile quite well(by being one of them).

I never actually saw anyone with that problem. I always saw Ishmael move out of the way fast enough.

My own death:

I tried to capture the captain/pilot (I assume) of a ship by having my troops try to hit it in the head.

Several failed attempts resulted in the alien turn passing.

The alien dropped a live bomb at its feet.

One of my soldiers died.

The main problem I have with this game is that I don't really feel that connected with my soldiers. Sure, I recognize a few names and such on missions, but I'm never actually able to grow particularly attached to any one of them.

The fact that nicknames don't exist in this game doesn't help either.

Also Canada signed a pact with the aliens.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19193 on: May 11, 2017, 04:19:30 am »

I never actually saw anyone with that problem. I always saw Ishmael move out of the way fast enough.

Ehhhh, I might have been a bit impatient at that scene.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19194 on: May 11, 2017, 05:56:59 am »

"I'm good at games, and I played the demo, I'm sure I can handle the hard difficulty."
"Oh, this isn't too bad. Haven't even gotten hi-OH GOD WHY DOES THAT DO SO MUCH-"
"The YorHa strike team was wiped out. The Earth became a paradise for the machines. The End..."

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19195 on: May 11, 2017, 08:43:44 am »

Ehhhh, I might have been a bit impatient at that scene.

At this point in the tutorial, all the enemies have guns and you don't. Ishmael doesn't have a gun either. Impatience is not a virtue, here or anywhere else in the game.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19196 on: May 11, 2017, 09:03:01 am »

GODDAMN GIANT RAVENS AT LA TOURVELLE DISTRICT

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe*

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19197 on: May 11, 2017, 11:07:38 am »

With most of my team dead, my main character juuuust managed to defeat an Item King in single-ish combat. The final blow was a counter-counter-counter-counter-attack.  There were still enemies on the board, but none particularly threatening to my main character.  Next turn-
A mothman had poisoned my character.  Poison can be applied even if the monster did 0 damage, and does 20% of your *full* health per turn.  And it can kill, and my healer was long dead.

At this point in the tutorial, all the enemies have guns and you don't. Ishmael doesn't have a gun either. Impatience is not a virtue, here or anywhere else in the game.
Well, yeah.  I've died around that point too though.  It's been a while, but I think I moved too slowly when I was supposed to get up and stumble to different cover.
It's a very nice section, but can be a bit tedious to replay parts.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19198 on: May 11, 2017, 06:35:59 pm »

The hospital in MGS5 is also wholly unlike the rest of the game, which mostly involves tying balloons to things.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19199 on: May 11, 2017, 06:41:28 pm »

Except the last mission in the game. It's a lot like the intro. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 1575