Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230312 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Arcanum Octet II: In Memory Of The Fallen [Turn 76]
« Reply #1665 on: December 20, 2010, 04:58:49 pm »

I'm guessing that the Crystal Staff have a color of strengh hidden somewhere in its spectrum and if it does you could siphon that with your Magic Conversion Device. If the color sticks around after a suckage we would have a possible game breaking combination with near infinite (limited by RNG) buffing/debuffing stone to use.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 20, 2010, 05:04:52 pm »

That's a fairly big if, especially considering the normal pillars didn't. You might be able to eat the effect off a target, then re-channel the staff, but again we're not sure. Orange also increased strength/speed, though I'm not sure exactly what it did.

In terms of making it a powerful fighter, I'd rather keep it as a healer. I'm thinking a more sandshrew -> sandslash conversion, wherein it gets slightly bigger and spikier, but is essentially just a more powerful version of its former self.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 20, 2010, 05:15:28 pm »

Yeah, something that can take a few more hits (don't think Stone Spirit ever been hit but whatever) and throw out stronger heals or heals over time. Some kind of buffing such as Earthen Armor could work too.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 20, 2010, 07:47:59 pm »

hum maybe some time of regenerating aoe effect, like people near it gain my regenerating effect or something.
Nom nom nom

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 20, 2010, 10:43:44 pm »

Magical amplification + red (?) crystal = AoE regen?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Awakening the Dead [Turn 77]
« Reply #1670 on: December 22, 2010, 12:35:24 pm »

Pray over my fallen comrade and summon the holy power of Mandantum to resurrect my companion so he may continue the fight against evil, sacrifice the quasit's corpse as an offering.  DO THIS BEFORE ANYONE CAN AFFECT HIM other then Nirur, since keeping the soul here might help.

You suddenly realize that you have absolutely no idea where Tarran's corpse is, as he is still shrouded in Darkness. (3+1-2) You decide to pray anyway, but your lack of knowledge about what happened makes this very difficult. (Luck 5) It seems that Mandatum  has at least heard your plea, as it seems that Tarran's soul has not departed yet. Or maybe his soul is blind as well, and lost in the darkness - you're not quite sure. Either way, you know you still have time left.

+1 to Invocations

All we should have to do to revive him is heal the dead body and stuff his soul back into it.

If the stone spirit heals him, I should be able to place his soul into it easily enough.
Also, somebody should close that portal soon.

I will revive Tarran.
Two skeletons continue fighting.
One skeleton helps to incapacitate the hunter.

You also try to resurrect Tarran, but like Aarchan you are impeded by not knowing exactly where he is. (6+3-2) Your complete overconfidence in your abilities means you try it anyway, and your skill with magic means you are able to discern the location of his soul, even if you can't see it. You begin trying to stuff his soul back in his body, (Luck 3) and notice that something seems to have happened, as the feel of the surrounding area has changed slightly. You're still not exactly sure what happened, though.

+1 to Vitamancy
+1 to Necromancy

Your two skeletons continue fighting. (1)(1) They manage to trip over each other and fall to the ground. (RTD 1-1) Fortunately the demon soldier isn't much of a better combatant, and they still hit and kill him.

IF YOU CANT REACH THE AXE THEN I SHALL THROW IT AT YOU.

TRY TO CATCH IT WITH YOUR TEETH.

INCAPACITATE A DEMON WITHOUT KILLING IT.

How about the  *Rolls a three sided die.* Hunter.

You get ready to throw your axe at Davar, but quickly decide that is a bad idea. Instead you try to defeat one of the demons non-lethally, (3+2-1) and strike out at the hunter with the flat of your axe. (RTD 2-1) The hunter is too wounded to dodge, and your blow sends it sprawling on the floor, where it lies unmoving but not quite destroyed.

+3 to Axes

Stasis on BIG BAD demon if he gets out from darkness.
Stasis on the to-be-captured demon (whichever one they decided on in the 2 pages of posts I missed over the course of 8 hours), if BIG BAD decides to derp around more in the dark.

You don't see the demon shocktrooper anywhere, so you decide to stasis the hunter instead. (5+1) This is a simple task for you, (Luck 6) and you encase the hunter in an obelisk of ice. As if it wasn't helpless enough...

Attempt to grant myself true flight. If successful, fly down to Kin's earth spirit.
You try to gain more control over your near-weightless body, (1+2) This doesn't work out so well, and you end up paralyzing yourself. (Luck 1) Now you can't move at all, which also means you can't cast spells... and you can't breathe either. To make things worse, you're still on the ceiling. This does not look good.

"Doooooooonnnnnn't... fleeeeeeeeee..."

Activate the channeling of Turquoise force.
Stone Spirit heals Davar.

Man, I did not notice that Tarran had such low health that he could get killed. If I knew it I would let Stone Spirit heal Tarran instead of protecting me.

You try to finish the rune, (4+3) finalizing your trap and channeling the magic to the pillar. (Luck 5) It now seems that you have some sort of magic tripwire. This doesn't do anything to lessen the slow on yourself, however.

Your spirit goes to heal Davar, (1) but is unable to reach him.

Quote from: Tarran
I feel... cold. What- what is this?
You look around. You still see nothing but darkness, but you notice that you can sense... no, feel the locations of your allies. Like a faint light. You start heading towards them.
Tarran - or what is left of him - emerges from the darkness. His flesh is gone, and only his skeleton remains, though he still wears his armor and wields his sword. Small dots of light burn in his eye sockets. He looks around, noting his where his companions are and the life signature accompanying them. He can't sense Nirur's skeletons or Kin's earth spirit, but he can still see them.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 01:04:00 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 22, 2010, 12:45:37 pm »

Name mixup with Terran and Davar (IronyOwl), apparently.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 22, 2010, 12:52:30 pm »

Randomly shift color of the Crystal Staff.
Stone Spirit attempts to create/summon a sturdy vine to Davar for us to pick him down.
If the Arae Flower with its magical properties can boost Stone Spirits chances it will use it too. (If possible Stone Spirit does this as soon as possible.)

---
Wow, Tarran has become a skeletal warrior, how cool ain't that?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 22, 2010, 01:04:10 pm »

Thanks.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 22, 2010, 01:59:23 pm »

Success! (I'll try to give you life when we move elsewhere.)

I'll close the portal.
My skeleton trio waits between the darkness and the portal, engaging anything that leaves or Mr.Morningstar if he tries to leave.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 22, 2010, 03:41:32 pm »

I really wish people would stop getting that wrong. >:(

Anyway, good to be back. Thanks guys. Just wish I wasn't undead. Oh well, it's better to be undead then dead. Also, shame I lost all my healing magic. Oh well it wasn't any use to me now anyway.

...Right?

Try to find the morningstar demon's life signature(if it has any) and then walk in the OPPOSITE direction.

Find IronyOwl and stand under him ready to catch him should he fall.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:55:27 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 22, 2010, 04:51:04 pm »

HAHAHAAHA, YES! Not exactly what we were going for, but good job Nirur!

Also, both of our frontliners are now Death Knights of a sort. How cool is that? :P

Also Tarran, you're already out of the darkness.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 22, 2010, 04:52:36 pm »

Also Tarran, you're already out of the darkness.
Oh. You're right.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 22, 2010, 05:08:37 pm »

HAHAHAH HE LIVES HE LIIIIVVVVEEEESSSSS!!!!!
I so want to merge you with the magical conversion device and Di'ako now.  But that's for later.
Hit the demon hunter with holy word.
Nom nom nom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 22, 2010, 05:23:37 pm »

Also, does anyone want my healing handbook? It's useless to me now.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 120