Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230344 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: In Memory Of The Fallen [Turn 76]
« Reply #1635 on: December 19, 2010, 03:01:18 pm »

Man, that sucks. Totally unexpected.

Oh well, I've been dancing with death multiple times. Guess it finally caught me.

Have fun with my soul. Just please don't hurt it, or there may be consequences.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 19, 2010, 03:04:47 pm »

um guys I just realized I could probably pray and use invocations to resurrect him, anyone want me to, or shall we just cut  him up and use the pieces?
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 19, 2010, 03:35:50 pm »

All we should have to do to revive him is heal the dead body and stuff his soul back into it.

If the stone spirit heals him, I should be able to place his soul into it easily enough.
Also, somebody should close that portal soon.

I magically grab and hold Tarran's soul before Dunib can take it.
I will revive Tarran.
Two skeletons continue fighting.
One skeleton non-violently distracts Dunib from his evil task.
One skeleton helps to incapacitate the hunter.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 08:12:45 pm by Nirur Torir »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 19, 2010, 03:38:03 pm »

HE GAVE ME PERMISSION.

It's not evil! just resourceful!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 19, 2010, 03:43:58 pm »

Personally, I'd prefer it if I lived. However, I won't complain if it doesn't work out.

Also, if you fail to bring my body back you can always try putting my soul in the demon's body and see what happens.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 19, 2010, 06:14:09 pm »

I'm going to try a sacrificial resurrection, since I need to work on my invocations.  Also if mine works... well it may destroy those of you attempting to affect him since a gods pure might will pour into him.
Nom nom nom

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 19, 2010, 06:16:11 pm »

I like how when someone dies we get in a big argument on how to best use his soul/body and completely ignore the still there demons.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 19, 2010, 06:16:35 pm »

um you are the warrior, go deal with them.
Nom nom nom

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 19, 2010, 06:17:58 pm »

And I will.

As soon as I get my soul axe.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 19, 2010, 06:25:32 pm »

You know when you've got a good friend when your friend values your soul more than yourself. :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 19, 2010, 06:30:57 pm »

Tarran nooooooooo!

I feel responsible. Thus, if Nirur's true resurrection doesn't work (and with life magic to revive the body and soul magic to attach the soul, I'd think it's only skill level that would hold him back) I propose we attempt to stuff his soul in a golem instead, so he can continue to slice apart demons from beyond the grave.

Also Dunib, remember who's crafting snazzy breastplates around here. And who's helping you tank.

I'd also like to point out that they're still in darkness, so we probably can't even target his corpse. Really we shouldn't even know he's dead, but perhaps we felt a disturbance in the force, as though one soul said "Ohshi-" and was suddenly silenced.

Sticking to your age-old theory that there is no better place to test experimental magic than in the heat of battle
Amen.

Anyway, on the subject of demons. We've pretty much got the stragglers, so is there anything we'd like to do other than kill/chase them off? I could try making you that soul axe from a demon if you'd like, dermonster. It'd likely go horribly awry, but it might be truly awesome if it succeeded.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 19, 2010, 06:36:08 pm »

Well  We don't really know if demons have souls. In the beginning I think someone tried to reanimate a demon and it turned out that demons weren't alive. Somehow.

And non-living things don't have souls. (I think)

Also I never did get that breastplate.

Hmm... You could imprison a demons soul (If they have them) into the breastplate for extra Awesomeness, if your willing to risk it.

I would make several more points but I can't think of any.

And frankly the main point of the entire school of magic is using Human souls as power sources, which I have done diddly squat of.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 19, 2010, 06:39:04 pm »

I propose we attempt to stuff his soul in a golem instead, so he can continue to slice apart demons from beyond the grave.
And if that doesn't work, you can throw my soul into the demon that killed me and then I can kill him with my soul until his body is mine.

Really, with a largely necromancy and healing based group the possibilities are nearly endless.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1648 on: December 19, 2010, 06:41:31 pm »

Quote from: IronyOwl
I propose we attempt to stuff his soul in a golem instead, so he can continue to slice apart demons from beyond the grave.

Wanna try that out on Stone Spirit? I know it isn't the greatest golem around, heck, it's not a golem at all and it is small. But maybe by stuffing a second soul into it will allow it to evolve?

Quote from: Stone Spirit
Something is happening to Stone Spirit!
Your Stone Spirit evolved into a Tarran Spirit!

Ninja'd. Twice.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 19, 2010, 06:50:44 pm »

Demons ARE souls. They seem to be destroyed on death (or at least that's been our experience thus far), but in theory you can still use Necromancy on them as though they were souls. There's just a chance for unusual side effects. And by "chance" I mean... well, you know how these things work. RNG explicitly said Nirur could Soul Feast a wounded demon, for instance, noting that if he rolled well he might gain interesting powers, and if he rolled poorly "remember what happened to dragnar."

You didn't get the breastplate because we're in battle; you wouldn't have had time to take your current one off and put this one on. And also because I was considering enhancing it more, though I'm also considering smelting it down and reforging it even better at some point, since Moloch-metal is so rare.

With regards to demonology, there's probably some overlap, but I believe Necromancy is more "bind souls to things to grant power," while Demonology is more "feast on souls to grant power."

NINJA'D:

The stone spirit is our primary healer, so I'd rather keep it as such. Besides which, I had grand and megalomaniacal plans for a golem even before this.

The short version is forging a golem from Moloch's armor. The long version involves carving a crystal heart from a pillar in an attempt to make it self-healing, as well as runing it for additional strength.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 120