Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3031 3032 [3033] 3034 3035 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443343 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45480 on: April 05, 2012, 07:47:44 am »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45481 on: April 05, 2012, 10:44:24 am »

Alright, this'll be my last rage on Fire Emblem 6. Why? Because, well... I beat it. You'd think this would make me happy, but I'm filled with more rage than ever before. Rage, and confusion, and alienation. I feel like I just got fucking trolled; that this wasn't a game at all, but infact the most elaborate Rick Roll ever devised. If Rick fucking Astley started playing over the ending credits, I wouldn't have been surprised at all. But no, this is serious, and this is fucking bullshit.

Ok, so I hit what is very obviously the half-way or two-thirdsway point in every Fire Emblem game where the class-up of your main character is a story based event, and I'm off to kill the big bad king.

And I do, I kill his ass good. Then I'm like "Alright, now let's go after the real big bad. The dark dragon god thing that's been alluded to for the entire game."

Game: "Nope, roll credits. Thanks for playing"

"WWWWHHHHAAAAATTTT??!"

Like, seriously, I JUST class changed Roy! He's basically still an infant, he hasn't gotten any time at all to strut his pathetic stuff and make himself worth something! Plus, the boss had a promotional item to steal on him, whch I did btw, what's the point if he's the last guy?!

I have never been more flabbergasted in my entire gaming career. I had to know if this was legit, I dive straight into GameFAQ's and I get this:

You need all 9 Legendary weapons and a certain character to be alive to continue the game after this point, otherwise the game ends, which is basically a NONSTANDARD GAMEOVER FUCK MY LIFE!

I had no idea that was even a thing that needed to happen! I thought I got them all anyway, I go back into my game just to count, and I got 7 legendary weapons... I'M MISSING TWO WHERE DID THEY GO?! I was sure I had them all! The story forces you to pick them up, it's not some optional bullshit that you can skip over carelessly! All my savestates are either for really recent (like, the final chapter), or for 15 chapters back. I am NOT willing to go back and replay the entire goddamn game just for some stupid bullshit like this!

FUCK THIS GAME. I've made up my mind, this is the worst game in the FE series. The designers should be ashamed of themselves!

There is a hole in my heart where my feelings of entertainment should be. I am not pleased today.

I apologize for vomiting this asinine bullshit all over the sad thread, but seriously, this is bullshit.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45482 on: April 05, 2012, 11:58:47 am »

Somewhere, Pathos' ghost is cackling right now.

Fixed that.

Honestly, this reminded me that the Pathos meme isn't being recognised much any more. I guess it's hardly hard to understand that people grow tired of old jokes, but dammit that's a piece of forum history fading away! What next, no more double downs?

...What do you mean "people grew tired of double downs ages ago too"?
What does Pathos have to do with the automatic response people have to an arbitrary stimulus? (In this case, somebody mentions a page number, everyone posts what page it is for them)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45483 on: April 05, 2012, 01:32:55 pm »

Been digging through the 1940 Census data, even though it's not indexed, because in a lot of cases I can dig up an address from some other source material, plot it on the enumeration maps, and zoom in on which section to search on.

So I found my great-grandfather, the one from Russia who spent 20+ years trying to get citizenship. Turns out he was living in a homeless shelter in Denver.  :-[

Dude had half a dozen kids living in Denver (and his sorta ex-wife; they never legally divorced, they just stopped claiming to be married and lived seperate). Makes me wonder how bad things were if none of them could (or would) take him in.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45484 on: April 05, 2012, 01:46:58 pm »

Your rage is legendary Josh.  You could do a series.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45485 on: April 05, 2012, 01:57:30 pm »

:I

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #45486 on: April 05, 2012, 02:41:18 pm »

Man. I'm up to 219 days now.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45487 on: April 05, 2012, 02:46:13 pm »

I'm at 190
*Hugs*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45488 on: April 05, 2012, 02:47:25 pm »

103 days here.

What does Pathos have to do with the automatic response people have to an arbitrary stimulus? (In this case, somebody mentions a page number, everyone posts what page it is for them)

What doesn't Pathos have to do with that?
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45489 on: April 05, 2012, 02:49:41 pm »

159 and counting.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45490 on: April 05, 2012, 02:50:37 pm »

89 days... and I registered at least ~two years before any of you lot (that has yet stated log time in the last page or two). Draw your own conclusions :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45491 on: April 05, 2012, 02:51:23 pm »

Total time logged in: 101 days, 9 hours and 4 minutes.

Life outside of the internet, who needs it? :P

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #45492 on: April 05, 2012, 02:52:19 pm »

It probably just means you don't have the forum open in a browser when you're actively not reading it. Since that's likely where all my online time is from.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45493 on: April 05, 2012, 02:59:10 pm »

184 days for me.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45494 on: April 05, 2012, 03:00:17 pm »

It probably just means you don't have the forum open in a browser when you're actively not reading it. Since that's likely where all my online time is from.
Same here.

I just keep Bay12 open when I'm browsing.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 3031 3032 [3033] 3034 3035 ... 8167