Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3030 3031 [3032] 3033 3034 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441615 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45465 on: April 04, 2012, 10:53:17 pm »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45466 on: April 04, 2012, 11:46:57 pm »

Somewhere, Pavlov's ghost is cackling right now.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45467 on: April 04, 2012, 11:49:18 pm »

And that somewhere is RIGHT BEHIND YOU OH NO LOOK OUT AHHHH

Sorry.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45468 on: April 04, 2012, 11:59:17 pm »

...A bell? O...kaaay...

WHAZH ZHE HEOW!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45469 on: April 05, 2012, 12:55:54 am »

Somewhere, Pathos' ghost is cackling right now.

Fixed that.

Honestly, this reminded me that the Pathos meme isn't being recognised much any more. I guess it's hardly hard to understand that people grow tired of old jokes, but dammit that's a piece of forum history fading away! What next, no more double downs?

...What do you mean "people grew tired of double downs ages ago too"?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #45470 on: April 05, 2012, 01:11:32 am »

Nonsense. I know of no polling saying Pathos trolling should ever be forgot.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45471 on: April 05, 2012, 01:17:04 am »

Pathos trolling is an epic legend, that will be remembered by generations.
Hello Hunam

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45472 on: April 05, 2012, 01:43:44 am »

Nonsense. I know of no polling saying Pathos trolling should ever be forgot.

What's to say Pathos ever really left? He was the magnificent bastard of forum trolling. Anyone could be Pathos... even you. And you might not even know it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45473 on: April 05, 2012, 01:46:52 am »

... what's kinda' sad is I didn't even connect Pathos with, well, the forum user. I was thinking scriver was talking about, y'know, lower case pathos. Which still fit. Possibly better. The Ghost of Pathos Past.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #45474 on: April 05, 2012, 01:51:38 am »

Pathos trolling is an epic legend, that will be remembered by generations.
Well, I imagine it'd be difficult to forget about ourselves.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45475 on: April 05, 2012, 04:04:32 am »

So I found out that I'm only ~1.5km away from the nearest exchange but my speeds average at around 10mbps. Also, it gets even slower between 5-10pm, making online gaming impossible  :'( 

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45476 on: April 05, 2012, 04:10:35 am »

You think that's slow? I generally get 1/20 (or 1/5, depending on whether you meant bytes or bits) of that.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45477 on: April 05, 2012, 06:09:49 am »

Wow Fire Emblem 6... just wow.... it's like you were made by people that had a PhD in Disappointment or something, because this shit's just ridiculous.

So remember how I was complaining about the trollolol dragons that just wanted to cuddle? I beat that level. That was actually the hardest and best area yet since I was fighting the Evil King's righthand man to get an ancient and powerful plot relevant sword, and this guy is just the toughest bastard yet! He goes down though, and I'm all like "Yeah! Now I'm going to get that sword and..."

Game: "HOooold on there buddy! You thought you were going to get the sword. Not yet."

"Uhhh..."
"You need to beat one more stage, this time traversing through a foggy maze of irritating traps, and then beat up the obviously inferior peon to the King's righthand man. Also, more chests!"
"Chests yay!"
"...that have nothing special in them and most of them are in fact are really retarded traps that have fucking dragons hiding in them."
"Awww..."
"But once you beat that, then you get the awesome sword!"
"Yayyy"
"that only has 20 charges so you'll never use it!"
"Awwww...."
"the sword will also finally fucking class change your main character, like 10 chapters too late!"
"Yaayyy?"
"and his class up stats are fucking weak as hell, and he doesn't get a horse. In fact, his sprite don't change at all."
"awwwwwwwwwwww.... I was looking forward to getting a horse."

Like, seriously. Celis got a goddamn horse in FE4, Leaf gets a goddamn horse in FE5, both the previous games have the main characters getting horses! What's wrong with you?! Horses are just the best thing ever in Fire Emblem games! if you're riding a horse, dragon, or pegasus, you pretty much have a leg up on everyone who isn't, and the main character of all people should have the most leg ups of anyone in the game, NOT desperately playing catch-up with all his flunkies who barely have any personality whatsoever...

EDIT: OH yeah, and in FE7, your DAD, Lord Eliwood gets a goddamn horse, and Ephraim AND Erika in FE8 get a goddamn horse. That's all your neighbors on every side fucking one-upping you Roy. Stop sucking so hard.

Way to fucking represent FE6, how the fuck did Roy get in Super Smash Brothers again?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:20:00 am by JoshuaFH »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45478 on: April 05, 2012, 06:24:36 am »

Anxiety again.

Current mood is roughly this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #45479 on: April 05, 2012, 06:38:13 am »

Anxiety again.

Current mood is roughly this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can see you.
Pages: 1 ... 3030 3031 [3032] 3033 3034 ... 8167