Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Masters of the Stars. RESTARTING THIS GAME. 3/5 Players needed  (Read 9841 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Buuut, that wasn't what i was asking about. How do you lot think that economic/industry system works?
I think we should get actual raw materials  from mining, further processed materials from workshops, and then sell those goods on the global market, manually.

I was thinking that, but then again that'd add like another whole level that we just havn't thought about yet. I think it'd be best just to keep money and resource the same thing. Of course there will be special events and stuff, you could find an asteriod made entirely of gold for example.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

Right right, but lets say that I am planning to build another building, and donate some of my steel that I make in my factories, to decrease the amount of money I have to pay the construction company.
How would I go about doing that?

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Well, I think that'd just be sorted by using the money resource overall. That steel costs money, but if you can find a good RP way of going about then I'll reduce the cost. I don't want to include every resource you lot think of. That'll cause me some brain haemorraging.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

What resources will we start with?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

To be decided. I'll get back later.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

A couple more things: How does the FTL drive work? What kind of resources does it need? Who invented it?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

It's powered by magic.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

What kind of gnomes?

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.

Tachyon gnomes, obviously.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What kind of gnomes?
blue ones

Incidentally this looks fun. If you ever need more testers, count me in.
Long Live United Forenia!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Nuke. I think there's still space, and I'd like to see what you come up with.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Well, I guess I should write a tiny history of the ftl units.
It's been known for some time that there are other dimensions. A group of American and European theoretical physicists came together in a joint research project to explore these new dimensions. The Hefner equation which allows the bending of space time, effectively creating a singularity to allow objects from ‘our’ dimensions into the ‘smaller’ dimensions relative to us. Sadly Dr. Hefner, aged 104, died before the first test. The credit went to the research teams in his will. In his honour it was named after him. The first test didn’t quite go as planned. The researchers didn’t quite understand how objects would react in these other dimensions, later renamed ‘Microspace’. The test involved basically today’s equivalent of an UAV (Unmanned Air Vehicle). The resulting test caused a gash on the moon 20km long as it remerged 200 metres from the launch port at near relativistic speeds. No-one was injured thankfully. Refining of the technique grew steadily until in 2098 the first commercial drive was released.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

GaiaCorp is a bit of an oddity among corporations, in that it's headquarters move. Stanley Boone is somewhat paranoid and so his corporate headquarters are located inside a fortified starbase that changes it's location frequently. So far there has been no attempts made on his life, making him unique among the corporate leaders of today.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I support the idea of having resources and money being abstracted into just wealth.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14