Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Masters of the Stars. RESTARTING THIS GAME. 3/5 Players needed  (Read 9836 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

I'm all for it too.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I may well be too late for this, but it sounds amazing. I'll post my Corp Concept anyway:

The Helix Family Sciences Firm began as a gene consultation and research group centered in the United European Commonwealth, specializing in treating individuals with abnormal genetics. After years of research, they entered the public eye as the first organization to create a complete genetic library of all of Earth's known lifeforms, securing what amounted to a copyright on the data. With the rights to the Global Gene Library (GGL), they secured a fortune from genetic researchers, acquiring vast holdings the world over.

As the dream of human habitations beyond Earth became reality, the Helix Firm founded branches dedicated to the research of Interstellar Biotechnology, seeking to create artificially engineered life to help make other worlds more habitable, and to increase human longevity in space. Other branches began controversial research into human-machine interfacing, partnering with world governments to develop physical and sensory enhancements for soldiers, and defenses against the rising threat of biological weaponry.

The Helix Firm received public criticism for some of their research into human genetic modification and manipulation, and canceled such programs, though their partners still continue the research abroad. Where local government permits, some centers provide services ranging from rare and questionable gene therapies, genetic "customization" of children, and unknown research, away from the public eye.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well well well. Messing with multiple-dimensions, are we?
Regarding resources/wealth thing- Perhaps you could have a few strategic resources as resources, and all others fall under wealth. Like, you have building materials, fuels, computer components, food, machinery (Building materials that are more complex than steel bars), people (human resources, amirite?), and maybe one or two others.
But the specifics- steel bars, titanium plates, electrum supports- can be ignored. And everything else- gold, diamonds, melange- falls under wealth.

Anyway; should I ever get in, a corporation, to provide the resources that all those others need:
Long Live United Forenia!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Right, like i said this isn't the proper game yet. I'm only running it by you folks, but since its fairly well recepted I'll speed up development. I'll attempt to get turn one ready in the next week if thats ok? Since we are making the story/system from scratch. I'll save spots for everyone whose wanted to play so far. And if i feel like it maybe open for one more.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

Can I change my description? I no longer think the 'divided faction' idea will work.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

So the companies we have now are:

GaiaCorp: Extreme Colonizers, who may or may not be completely nuts.

Defense Corp: Ruthless mercenaries with a distinctive lack of morals.

Terra-form United: A company devoted to the exploration and colonization of Mars in particular.

Starpower Industries: FTL/nuclear-focused company with access to the main source of FTL/Fusion fuel.

Helix Firm: Genetics-focused company, has come under fire for it's unethical practices.

Australian Colonization Incorporated: A company that used to be based in Australia, before the continent was obliterated via tectonics. They prioritize the colonization of Europa over that of Mars.

LSA: Portal-inspired company specializing in robotics, cybernetics, and manufacturing. Possibly lead by an insane computer.

The Bradwell Organization: An "old money" company with a great deal of political acumen, seems to have set its sights on Mars.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 05:00:40 pm by TheNewerMartianEmperor »
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about mine? :<

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

sorry, I'll fix that.

Edit: fixed.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:43:52 pm by TheNewerMartianEmperor »

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about mine?  :(

Updated, btw.

Name: The Baradwell Organization

In the year 2090 on January Fifth, Peter Baradwell, head of the Baradwell Organization, died after a long struggle with Shaw Syndrome.  The reigns of the company were passed down to the young Nick Baradwell, who was only eighteen at the time. The young new corporate leader took one look at the company’s bottom line, and legend has it, promptly fainted. The Baradwell Organization was bleeding money out of every orifice, and Nick’s first job was to stop something not even his father could do in recent years: make money. Nick’s first act as company head was to chop down payments and bonuses to high-level administration and  members of management, an act which he accompanied the now-famous lines of: “You can either give up your fucking jets, your sixteen mansions, and doing everything on the fucking company tab, or get the hell out of my company. Playtime is over. You have jobs to do.” The cuts to the salaries lead to an attempt on Baradwell’s life, in which he was shot three times in the side of his chest. The shooter was captured three days later by law enforcement, and after being offered amnesty, the assassin gave the name of a junior Vice-President in the company. After a short time in the hospital, Nick was released without serious injury, due to wearing a bullet-proof vest at the time (only one shot pierced it).

Nick`s second ultimatum was that any of the two-hundred thirty-four companies that the Baradwell Organization controlled who did not turn a profit by the end of the year would promptly have everyone and everything worth saving be moulded into another of the Organization`s companies were it would help the overall bottom line of the Organization. Fifteen companies that were merely places were a man could sit and get a pay check were liquidated overnight. A dozen manufacturing companies sold off their inefficient lines and joined together to form Baradwell Manufacturing, which now makes almost two hundred high-quality brand name products. Dozens of computer technology companies and research labs, including Peter Baradwell`s original starting company B-Tech (which made the Connect hardware that allowed interstellar communication), merged together to form Baradwell Tech. Within three weeks, a hundred corporate managers had been laid off for inefficacy and corruption, being replaced by bright new managers who were able to make the moulding process of the massive metamorphosis much easier. The new hires made their domains even more efficient and inventive, dramatically lowering costs. Many bonuses were paid that year, only these ones were based on how well you did rather then you’re standing in the company.

Within a year, every asset of the Baradwell was making money. A company that only twelve months before had been declared ailing and likely to go under by ten financial magazines had been transformed into a rising star of the economic world. Within a decade, the Organization had become a major force to be reckoned with economically and politically.

The Baradwell Organization is also home to a wide range of actors, politicians, inventors, kingpins, and many other influential, famous, and skilled people who have been hand chosen by Nick Baradwell as having enough merit to become part of the Organization`s third branch, Public Relations and Connections. Having the official Baradwell Organization logo on your resume as well as a recommendation is good enough to get companies to take a favourable second look at your resume, if not hire you outright. Being part of the Baradwell Organization not only allows you access to whatever support you can muster for your aims, it is also a status symbol, one that is recognized throughout the globe, whether embossed on a jacket or on the back of laptop cover, it shows that you are talented and on your way up.

Nick is now dreaming of getting off Terra and expanding into a whole new realm: Mars. His labs are working hard on terraforming, and Nick`s ambitions are high, but will he succeed?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

How does it feel about GaiaCorp's being the first on mars?

Also, added it to the list.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 05:00:57 pm by TheNewerMartianEmperor »

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

ANGREH!!!
EVEN MORE SO BECAUSE I JUST BOUGHT STARCRAFT! RAWR!

C'mon, lets destroy that company and take the credit for ourselves! Thereby destroying years worth of technology and information that could later be used to create a second Mars! RAWR!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Nah nahnahnah-nah-nah nah. We have Mars, you don't. *raspberry*

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's bothered slightly, although they could go for an alliance.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oi, well then, we've got us Europa, mate! Throw some more koala steaks on the barby, Bruce!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Ey! I find that offensive! (not really though.)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14