Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Masters of the Stars. RESTARTING THIS GAME. 3/5 Players needed  (Read 9834 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Well, like i said. This isn't the main game, but you lot who help test it out will be allowed in the proper version when i run it. Currently I'm working on a stats/attribute/modifier system that i hope is easy to understand. We're also going to be using my friends new idea. FATE CARDS, basically these will be given out randomly with numbers that modify each of your attributes for that turn only. I'll get back to you lot later. And no, austrailia didn't sink :D

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

I wanna help test it out.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

So, will we get to fight?

austrailia

THANKS FOR MISSPELLING IT HORRIBLY

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

Aistrullania!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Austranisalia!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can my version of what happened to Austranalia be the canon one? Please?!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

No, since plate tectonics would not work like that. For one, Australia atm is moving north into south-east Asia by a few cm a year, it would take MILLIONS of years for it to hit Asia.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fine. It turns out that a catastrophic earthquake hit, tearing Austraialia asunder and sinking it's shattered fragments beneath the waves. The problem was exacerbated by the polar icecaps melting.

At least the cane toads are gone, eh mate?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If Australia gets ripped apart I demand that Los Angeles does, too. At least that place has a reason to.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

EDIT: Yeah that wouldn't work, we never ever get destructive Earth Quakes.

Unfortunately, they are not, at least only gone from Australia.

BUT THEN WE LOST KOALAS...

Paul James before creating Defense Corp kept a private zoo, he raised many animals. Among them rare Australian Native Animals, Kangaroos, Wombats, Koalas and the like. Each successive CEO after Paul James was given a pair of Koalas as a present, the zoo is now owned and operated by Defense Corp, with many branches in space and across many planets.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If Australia gets ripped apart I demand that Los Angeles does, too. At least that place has a reason to.
I'm fine with this.

How did you know I that live in Los Angeles?! Have you been watching me from one of those vans disguised as a pizza delivery van?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't know it at all.

Until now, that is.

And I prefer civilian cars for spying. There's way more of them around and they don't arouse suspicion when parked often in the same area. Not that I was spying on you, of course. As I said, I didn't know where you lived until now.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Combat wombats?

Sorry Emperor jonathan. its 3am here and im typing with the keyboard in my lap. And my eyes are going weird. And by default i can't spell normally. Anyhoo. I'll give you a run down of what we have RIGHT NOAW!

So! you get 2 actions per turn. (increase your attributes, research some neat stuff etc.)
and minor actions. (As many as you want, basically this is the RP part, and if its interesting i'll add some modifiers to your roll!)

So far we have Stats/Attributes and fate cards.
So stats, this is how your currently fairing in the universes eyes. Public and government appealing's. (These two are basically you HP. The face of a corporation is EVERYTHING remember). money and espionage.
Attributes: Pub. Relations, Politics, Industry, Research, Economics and Espionage
The economy: In general, its effected by the fate card's rolls on economics. You income is based of industry (a basic amount depeneding how many points you put in industry.) the economy and the current climate (effected by the FATE CARDs).
and of course the modifiers to your current turn.
heres a link to the current excel picture.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28usbkh&s=5

Edit: A look at hte fate card, sorry boksi forgot :D http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2045/turncardexample.jpg

Edit: Should explain the fate cards. Basically they're going to be 6 randomly generated numbers that effect your Attributes, you'll each be given a jpeg of a set of 6 numbers and what area they effect. These, as you can see above, effect alot of stuff.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:34:37 pm by Nilocy »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm. I get the basic idea. I have but one question:

Will the fate card have names?

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

How would a shattered faction, like mine, work?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14