Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29253 times)

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 15 - Double bonus turn!
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2009, 11:45:06 pm »

1. I IS SICK

2. I skin the hare, and cook it, and turn the skin into boots, which I inscribe a rune of healing on.

3. I go mining for magma to increase the power of my forge.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2009, 11:59:14 pm »

Damn...the waiting box is full...

Erm...

Uh...

Eh...

Ah...

Hm...

Huh...

Well then.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2009, 12:21:48 am »

An interesting invention! How else can it be applied..? Surely, there are many other economic uses for light, organic writing materials. After all, leaves are fragile and decay, drawings in the sand tend to blow away, and rich people could really benefit from walls they can randomly walk through when they don't feel like using the door. Experiments away!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:38:57 am by Navian »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2009, 12:25:16 am »

So uh... about the only way to make population go up is to have good morale, and then it goes up a little every turn right? If that's true, and I have 8 morale (5 being neutral), why is my pop still at precisely 1?

Anyway, we're going to attempt to improve the infrastructure by constructing new farms, which will use magic-imbued seeds to make super-crops. Hopefully.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2009, 03:36:23 am »

(Infrastructure boost. Your turns are rather difficult to interpret.)

I have no idea what I'm doing either, so just carry on as you are :)

Anyway we need to replace all those resources we used in the temple, tell the miners to dig deeper, into the heart of the plateau.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2009, 08:05:02 am »

So uh... about the only way to make population go up is to have good morale, and then it goes up a little every turn right? If that's true, and I have 8 morale (5 being neutral), why is my pop still at precisely 1?

Anyway, we're going to attempt to improve the infrastructure by constructing new farms, which will use magic-imbued seeds to make super-crops. Hopefully.

Population is based in morale at the start of the turn, which was 6. Huh, thought it was 5. Oh well, consider it fixed.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2009, 10:36:51 am »

Hza! I finally got my +0.1 pop! Woot. I now consider things fixed.

Oh, and, Org is the only one to have not posted? Weird, he's usually, like, first...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 10:41:20 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 15
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2009, 08:15:27 pm »

Turn 15. Org didn’t post. Here’s where the waiting queue slot comes in: Emperor_Jonathan may post a turn for Org. If Org is not back, Emperor’s turn is used. If Org does come back and post a turn, Emperor’s action for him is ignored. Org has 3 rounds to return, or he loses his spot to Emperor_Jonathan.

This turn’s rolls: 6, 5, 5, 2, 2, 1, 1

R1ck’s Basinians – | The coliseum falls apart when it is partially built. The puzzled engineers look over the plans carefully to determine why, and learn that their rocks are weaker then the ones the Zaniah use. The engineers are clueless about how to proceed, and end up wasting government money throwing parties to make themselves feel popular.  ((Word’s grammar checker thinks that “themselves” should be “they.” I love Word’s ability to make me laugh.))

Economy – 4.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.7 – 1(temp, next turn only)
Technology – 3
Military – 2.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 2.7
Population – 2.4 + 0.1(MRL) = 2.5
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 7

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefies work on improving their new cities. One brilliant researcher theorizes that there is “beta radiation” ((Gotta watch out for those typos)), and that it is what makes those strange rocks warm. Everybody else just calls it magic, and dubs the researcher insane.

Economy – 5
Technology – 5
Military – 6
Population – 3.4 + 0.3(MRL) = 3.7
Infrastructure – 5 + 1.5(ACT) = 6.5
Morale – (8)6 + 1(ACT, temp, -1/turn) = 7

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinians discover that a certain mixture of saltpeter, charcoal, and sulfur makes a nice, burny substance. If done carefully, it can be shot from a ship! It is so burny that it will remain alight even on water! They name their invention Rodinian Fire.

Economy – = 5.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.7
Technology – 4
Military – 5.5 + 1.5(ACT) = 7
Population – 6
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – 5
Bonus: +0.25 on defense

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The Colossi try very hard to find new ways to use this organic material. Unfortunately, the organic growing things that the small, strange, black colossi gave them die, and they can’t find him again. The Colossi are back to writing on stone blocks, at least until they figure out a better way to do things.

Economy – 4
Technology – 5 - 1(ACT) = 4
Military – 3
Population – 3.7 + 0.2(MRL) = 3.9
Infrastructure – 5
Morale – 7

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers magically imbue seeds with faster growing time. Sadly, the first crop of them tasted like ash, and people were less then happy with their new meals.

Economy- 3
Tech- 2
Military- 2
Pop- 1.1 + 0.1(MRL) + 0.1(Apology gift) = 1.3
Infastructure – 2 + 1(ACT) = 3
Morale – (8)6 + 1(temp -1/turn) – 1(Temp, act, +1/turn) = 6

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah find several new veins of ore.

Economy – 5.8 + 0.1(Rounding) + 1.5(ACT) = 7.4
Technology – 4
Military – = 5.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.7
Population – 4.8 + 0.3(MRL) = 5.1
Infrastructure – 6.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 6.9
Morale – 7

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The Orks go deer hunting.

Economy – 4
Technology – 4
Military – 4.9 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5
Population – 3 + 0.1(MRL) = 3.1
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 6

The Dead – | You dig down a ways, but don’t actually find any magma. | You don’t feel any better, either.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Edit - Spelling fixed.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 10:36:50 am by Nirur Torir »

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 16 - Org is in peril.
« Reply #173 on: March 07, 2009, 08:28:44 pm »

"If Org is not bad, Emperor's turn is used". I think you mean back....

This turn, I will try to improve infrastructure again by building aquaducts and using said aquaducts to create sewers, ponds, and fountains in my cities.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 07, 2009, 08:35:02 pm »

"If Org is not bad, Emperor's turn is used". I think you mean back....
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 07, 2009, 08:38:40 pm »

The Colossi are concerned... and starting to get superstitious. Patrols and government presence increase as tales of the evil spirit spread, and there is some inquisition.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2009, 08:39:23 pm »

I believe that the Orks infrastructure would be benefited with an increase.

So, the Orks build markets and other infrastructure type stuff.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2009, 01:11:23 am »

The zefies modify their language to be more efficent, removing all double letters in the process.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2009, 02:06:07 am »

Technically, Saltpeter + Sulfur + Charcoal = This, but I won't press the issue. I was also going for a tech increase, though this works too, as I now have the strongest military in the game.

The Raiders of Rodinia will begin to look into new mechanical devices, specifically while experimenting with steam.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2009, 03:53:14 am »

The zefies modify their language to be more efficent, removing all double letters in the process.

If your going to improve your language you should take note of Twain.
For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet. The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later. Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and Iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all.

Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and Iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants. Bai iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x" -- bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez -- tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivli.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

Anyway now we have new riches we are going to finance those engineers to research into a way to pump water to the top of the temple so it'll flow down the specially crafted sides.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28